Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Guys, don't let him trick you into thinking Spender is cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Zack's comment :allears:

Also his talk has coalesced into normal speak. I wonder why?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wonder if "THE" spirit was Max's Trashdrago.

If so this would also explain why a spirit of that strength is being stored at the school. It also explains why Spender was surprised at seeing Max's black aura - before stopping and reminding himself that black auras are pretty common (so it probably isn't even the trashdragon, right?).

I don't think Spender knows yet what Max's powers are like or who his spirit is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Brannock posted:

I wonder if "THE" spirit was Max's Trashdrago.

If so this would also explain why a spirit of that strength is being stored at the school. It also explains why Spender was surprised at seeing Max's black aura - before stopping and reminding himself that black auras are pretty common (so it probably isn't even the trashdragon, right?).

I don't think Spender knows yet what Max's powers are like or who his spirit is.

He knows Max has the bat, and it'd be pretty irresponsible for him to store all those world-ending horrors in his closet if he didn't know which one was which based on the object. And Spender is a spaz, there's no way he wouldn't have that poo poo memorized.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

^^For some reason when I first read through, I thought the dragon thing was gonna be implied to be something separate from the bat's spirit, with how it possessed and talked through him. I don't know why

theshim posted:

Also his talk has coalesced into normal speak. I wonder why?

Since people broke the code but others were having trouble with it and needing to go into comments to ask for help, he said all important lines would be done in 'accented english', on twitter.

Also made jokes about the age of decoder rings being over.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Hey, there's a new wallpaper, "Backyard Barbecue":
http://paranatural.net/extras/wallpapers/

I love this comic so much. :3:

E: Fair enough. Link changed.

Nick_326 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 19, 2013

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
That goofy parrot-dog thing behind Ed is amazing. :3:

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Nick_326 posted:

Hey, there's a new wallpaper, "Backyard Barbecue":

I love this comic so much. :3:

Don't link that, dude. Link the donation page.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
From said page:

http://paranatural.net/extras/wallpapers/

quote:

Here are some wallpapers that you can donate for. Donating it completely optional, but it helps support the comic, pay for hosting, and to move towards being able to sell actual merchandise. If you’re unable to donate, you can still get the wallpapers here.

Zack made it so you can get the wallpapers without having to donate.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Yeah, but the point of linking the page with that message is to encourage people to donate. Linking to just the wallpapers kind of defeats the purpose. People can suffer through clicking an extra link if they don't want to donate.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
"Chof" :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Prison Warden posted:

So this magic barrier blocks out spectrals, huh? I guess we know why the Ghost Train in this chapter is gonna be relevant now.

This might be awkward next time Max's dad wants to take him on a road trip.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

MikeJF posted:

"I can't go, Dad. I can't leave town there is a huge barrier."

"Well there's food downstairs. You can use the can opener!!! See you in a few weeks!"

Like we have any indication that Max Dad would ever care or not believe in a weird thing

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Imagine a car going down the road at high speed. And now imagine that one occupant hits an invisible wall while the rest of the car keeps going.

I think there'd be a splatter.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That scar kid doesn't have his scar in that picture.

Is that how he got it :tinfoil:

Funny as that would be Max's presence means it's just a art blooper.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

God, of course Isaac is a vegetarian.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Not Isabel though. That look is pure blood-lust. I never looked at the wall-papers til now. How did I live before I saw "Starchmanly"? That glorious hair...

Madrox fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 19, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ed is a man after my own heart. :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That wallpaper just reminds me I want more Dimitri.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

wiegieman posted:

God, of course Isaac is a vegetarian.

That's what I was going to say, yeah. He's managed to overcome his Shonen Protagonist inherent love of meat to take the path of true pacifism.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I love Isaac as a character. Barely controlled rage and a desire to cut loose and adolescent "proving himself" tough guy stuff, along with lots of power, conflicting with pacifism and trying to be a peaceful compassion being. It's a legit conflict. I dig it.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 19, 2013

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

So the Anvil guy is on a self-proclaimed "good" side, with Doorman and the Bunnies, who are all opposed to whoever sent the pixelated dogs. They doesn't seem to be on the side of the "sunglass spectral", i.e. Spender / The Consortium, if not directly opposed.

Doorman's side is opposed to the Magnet-snake's, who we don't know much about yet, but Doorman's in hiding from someone. Magnet-snake could be with the pixel dog's master, or there might be a lot of spirit factions.

The Consortium is run by Boss Leader, and Spender says that they're a force for good. They put limits on what info lower level people are authorised to get, but it seems like Spender-level agents have a fair amount of freedom in their locations.
From the single shady panel of the ghost train, it looks like it's protected by Consortium agents (or people in similar pyjama suits), and that's where the Activity Club is heading to collect Agent Day, so it looks like they run that as well.

Isaac's possession has limited the info he's allowed to get, so it seems like the Consortium aren't with his spirit. Spender's also thrown Max's bat away before discussing how the spirit could kill him, so it doesn't seem like he trusts it, but it's also not clear if he knows exactly which spirit is in the tool so that might have been just to be safe. Spender seems to trust his own spirit(s?) though, and Boss Leader seems to be possessed, so presumably trusts her spirit.

Isaac's spirit doesn't like Spender / the Consortium, but we don't know much about whether he's allied with anyone else. May have died trying to get on the ghost train.

Consortium people have trained with Isabel's gandfather, so they seem friendly enough, but it doesn't seem like he's a member.

Then there's the Cousinhood of Man who are "icky" vigilantes, who hunt monsters but seem to be on speaking terms with the Consortium at least, and asked permission to go into their area.

Is that all we know about the spectral / spirit groups?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of the guards, I think they might be students from the dojo. I thought that they might be basically the spectral equivalent of freelancers, being spectrals but not being part of the Consortium, although I think one of them was in the Consortium dream-HQ.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 20, 2013

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
So re-reading the comic waiting for an update and I noticed something that I'm looking too deep into I'm sure.

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-9/ On this page the lamp talks to him
http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-10/ On the next page, the spirit of the lamp is in his room chilling?

He doesn't want anyone else in his room, even the boss lady. Is he hiding something else? Another him or something represented through lamps?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Slime posted:

Imagine a car going down the road at high speed. And now imagine that one occupant hits an invisible wall while the rest of the car keeps going.

I think there'd be a splatter.

I'm just a splatter, splatter, splatter, on the windshield of life...

Forer posted:

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-10/ On the next page, the spirit of the lamp is in his room chilling?

The lamp and another spirit, I think; I'm pretty sure he runs at least two.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Spender's powers are almost 100% some sort of light manipulation, so I'm pretty sure that's just him talking to his spirit.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Countblanc posted:

Spender's powers are almost 100% some sort of light manipulation, so I'm pretty sure that's just him talking to his spirit.

He has two spirits. I'm thinking it is Darkness and Light manipulation.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

He has two spirits. I'm thinking it is Darkness and Light manipulation.
That seems to be implied. I can't for the life of me remember where, though.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

quote:

Zäck Morricth'ktogn ‏@paranaturalzack 1h
I can't decide if I should make this bit of dialogue illegible to 70% of my readers or not

This needs to happen.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

The Leper Colon V posted:

That seems to be implied. I can't for the life of me remember where, though.

Someone in the comments mentioned this page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-1-page-60/

In the 4th panel, he seems to be showing both light and darkness. Could be removing light though, I suppose.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Madrox posted:

Someone in the comments mentioned this page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-1-page-60/

In the 4th panel, he seems to be showing both light and darkness. Could be removing light though, I suppose.

The Light/Dark thing makes sense given his freak out the other morning when he thought it might be another yellow spirit. His Mind is a delicate Balance. So a Darkness spirit would make sense.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-47/
God dammit Zach.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One of the better uses of the Shiba meme, I think you'll find.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

One of the better uses of the Shiba meme, I think you'll find.
Very meme. Much reference.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I am of the belief that the shibe meme is still funny. This is the right thing to believe, as evidenced here :colbert:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
We don't have a name for the blacksmith yet, right? If not, he's now Emo Fresh until further notice.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I have no idea what this meme reference is, anyone wanna clue me in?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I hope we see Bunny Spirit again, he's cool.

Also he's totally just one guy, those other heads are some Cerberus deal or something.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

MikeJF posted:

I have no idea what this meme reference is, anyone wanna clue me in?

wow

so nu

such goon

leme giv u a clu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

We don't have a name for the blacksmith yet, right? If not, he's now Emo Fresh until further notice.

I think I read somewhere that Zack has said in twitter or something his name is Forge.

Oxxidation posted:

I hope we see Bunny Spirit again, he's cool.

Also he's totally just one guy, those other heads are some Cerberus deal or something.

Another twitter confirmation. She is indeed one dude. https://mobile.twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/390278888447696897

Always Remember to stalk your favorite comic makers twitters and tumblrs for sweet spoilers.

Anyway shadow clone bunny is definitely gonna end up either Max's replacement tool when scrapdragon leaves him or his SECOND spirit if it doesn't leave him.