Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just got a notification from Marvel PQ that was simply called 'collect' and had a cut-off message that said "Iron Man has made improvements to his Repu" (assuming it's something about his repulsor blast or whatever.. Anyone ever get these? I tapped it and it just opened the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Anyone else actually managed to connect to the store? I've gotten to the point where I actually want to buy some ISO to finally level up my guys and the app just refuses to connect to the store, claiming I'm not connected (even though I'm online and can launch App store fine).

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I just got a notification from Marvel PQ that was simply called 'collect' and had a cut-off message that said "Iron Man has made improvements to his Repu" (assuming it's something about his repulsor blast or whatever.. Anyone ever get these? I tapped it and it just opened the game.

I got one. The same one. It was a red cover for iron man. I guess it's a playtime hook mechanic.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, it seems like if you don't play for 24 hours you'll get a random cover or hero points or something. I got an iron man cover first, then 100 hero points last night.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

chrisf posted:

Yeah, it seems like if you don't play for 24 hours you'll get a random cover or hero points or something. I got an iron man cover first, then 100 hero points last night.

They give you stuff for not playing? That seems stupid. There's a really good game here buried under lots of dumb.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Soylentbits posted:

They give you stuff for not playing? That seems stupid. There's a really good game here buried under lots of dumb.
Its basically one mission reward, if you play twice a day instead of once a day you're still getting more than the person who waits for the daily "come back and play" reminder bonus.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Emron posted:

I got one. The same one. It was a red cover for iron man. I guess it's a playtime hook mechanic.

chrisf posted:

I didn't actually get anything though! I've seen messages similar to this before and never got anything, I figured it was a mistake before I asked. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I play on 2 different devices?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I've seen log in bonuses that get bigger each day in other games, but a bonus for not playing seems strange.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I'm a newcomer to this - is the Blue Iron Man cover available in game somewhere? I know it was a reward during the Avengers event. It doesn't appear to show up in any of the "buy me" previews in the IAP shop - unless those previews are not all inclusive?

JHVH-1 posted:

I've seen log in bonuses that get bigger each day in other games, but a bonus for not playing seems strange.

Why? It doesn't cost them anything, and if they can entice you to come back and play they're that much closer to getting you into the shop to buy things.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I'm thinking that they didn't do the math when they put together the tournament win/loss penalties. The Thor tournament has rank rewards up to 3000 points, but the top ranked players have been stable in the 1100-1300 point range for days. Presuming a pyramid sort of structure to the ELO, they'd need several orders of magnitude more players for anyone to even get close to 3000 points!

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
What does the game mean than covers will go to the cover cache if you don't have room for them? I would assume that you wouldn't get anything but cover cache seems to imply something else.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Russad posted:

I'm a newcomer to this - is the Blue Iron Man cover available in game somewhere? I know it was a reward during the Avengers event. It doesn't appear to show up in any of the "buy me" previews in the IAP shop - unless those previews are not all inclusive?

I just got one buying standard covers for 500 iso. I also picked up Wolverine. Grinding covers this way doesn't seem so bad. Worst case scenario, you get something you don't want and sell it back for 100 iso.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ghostwritingduck posted:

the cover cache

It is a holding area where you have 6 days (maybe 7?) to expand your storage and select the covers.

I don't remember if you can sell covers from the cover cache.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

You don't need to expand your storage, you can also open up some room by selling or fusing covers. Once you have an open slot you can go to your cache and pick which cover you'd like to pull out (but you don't have to pull one out if you don't want to).

You can't fuse or sell covers in your cache until you pull them out into your main collection.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is getting loving stupid. I logged in after 2 hours and lost 147 points. It's going to take me forever to make that up. :bang:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

New Leaf posted:

This is getting loving stupid. I logged in after 2 hours and lost 147 points. It's going to take me forever to make that up. :bang:

Yeah I'm done. Ranked up to 800ish, went to sleep, woke up down over a hundred points. Not going to bother till next event/they tweak the system.

Kind of bored with the game already. Puzzle & Dragons this is not.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
So a low ranked person beating my much higher ranked team gets like 35 points. If I retaliate I get 5 points. Whoopee.

I wanted to try and break 1000 points to get that Thor cover since it has the power my Thor doesn't have, but I don't thing it's going to be possible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's missions in the Oscorp chapter that give out all Thor powers as prizes.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

There's missions in the Oscorp chapter that give out all Thor powers as prizes.

Thanks! I don't think I've unlocked that mission yet so it looks I'm grinding Oscorp for the rest of the day.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Decided to lower my ranking in the SHIELD PvP because I was finding only teams with 3-star leveled heroes. Found some guys who would give me only 1 or 2 Elo points, began a battle and retired immediately, which caused a 30 points drop.

Apparently the game cannot deal with a player dropping ranks at match-3 speed and started handing me randomly low-level tier rewards each 2-3 battles (so far 100 Iso, Red and Yellow Iron Man and Storm covers):

It's a fun game, but for now I'm going to keep my money until I see where it goes. The coders behind it don't seem very competent between this, how easy is to hack the game, the tournament rewards, etc...

EDIT: And now for some reason all my rivals in the Thor Tournament are about 400 Elo lower than me. Matchmaking is crazy.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Oct 18, 2013

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Self quoting here is but I built back up to 700 points from the low 600's, went to bed, now I'm under 500. This is bullshit. If my team isn't able to fight, I shouldn't be attackable.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
So I'm not the only one. I was at 800 and woke up today to have lost 250 loving points. I was going for that 1000 point Thor cover too, but as far as last night only the top ten in the tournament were over 1000.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I got the 3* Doom classic and 2* Magneto marvel now! and 2* Storm classic the storm would rock if it was raging tempest and is alright with the Wind storm for 100 damage and 2 turn stun. But DOOM is a beast at lvl one doing 54 damage a turn with his two pain hands red gems I mean sure Hi I'm Iron Man and doom does more damage in two turns that my ray. Also lvl 1 doom has 950 Hp its silly.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Had a funny tournament loss last night with a damage shield battle that I ended up losing. Iron Man to Storm to initiate their damage shield. Now my damage shield goes off. Now their damage shield goes off again, and unfortunately my Storm died because I was fighting at around 60% and just going for it.

All I want is the 500 pt level for the green Thor cover!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Campbell posted:

Had a funny tournament loss last night with a damage shield battle that I ended up losing. Iron Man to Storm to initiate their damage shield. Now my damage shield goes off. Now their damage shield goes off again, and unfortunately my Storm died because I was fighting at around 60% and just going for it.

All I want is the 500 pt level for the green Thor cover!

I just did one with a high level Storm Classic compared to mine (level 8 or something) so I focused on getting her out of the way first. Just kept doing little damage hits and grabbing each yellow I could, and using stun attacks to prevent any blowback. Then I hit with everything from Thor and followed up to take out another character in the same turn. It worked out pretty well.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Ultra Freon Beam usually does the trick :getin:

EDIT: New 1-star tournament looks nice. The rank requirements have been scaled down, with 1.000 points being 500 hero Coins, 800 for Spidey (3-stars), a Blue Iron Man at 400, etc...

Venom, Storm and Iron Man, I guess?

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 18, 2013

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I got rid of my Modern Storm to use Classic Storm (before I knew what was what), so my 1 star heroes are a 20ish Ironman and an unleveled Black Widow and Vemon. I beat up some dudes early and jumped to 25th in my bracket or something, but now apparently all I'm up against is people with like level 30 IM, Storm, and Black Widow. Looks like I won't be getting more than 50 or so points this weekend - heh!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I got to 500 for Green Thor in the event and said gently caress it, I'm done. I was in the top 100 at that point and am now a cool #4722. Considering the reward for anything after #1000 is exactly the same (as I'm selling that Iron Man cover if I get him), and getting a higher reward means fighting my way past god knows how many people who've given themselves a level 490 Thor, nope.

Also: Note that to reach Yellow Thor, you need 1000 points. #10 overall has 1067. Meaning that the Doctor Dooms and Ragnaroks and 4* Wolverines in the Event Rewards list are all ha ha ha ha gently caress you no bait.

The new event that just popped up is interesting -- all 1* heroes, top 50 in your block of 200 gets Captain America, Wolverine at 700 points, Spidey at 800, but see above as to how likely that kind of point total is.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I want 2500 for that doom cover I'm missing... but I can't earn more than 1 or 2 at a time... so that's not looking too good.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

delfin posted:

I got to 500 for Green Thor in the event and said gently caress it, I'm done. I was in the top 100 at that point and am now a cool #4722. Considering the reward for anything after #1000 is exactly the same (as I'm selling that Iron Man cover if I get him), and getting a higher reward means fighting my way past god knows how many people who've given themselves a level 490 Thor, nope.

Also: Note that to reach Yellow Thor, you need 1000 points. #10 overall has 1067. Meaning that the Doctor Dooms and Ragnaroks and 4* Wolverines in the Event Rewards list are all ha ha ha ha gently caress you no bait.

The new event that just popped up is interesting -- all 1* heroes, top 50 in your block of 200 gets Captain America, Wolverine at 700 points, Spidey at 800, but see above as to how likely that kind of point total is.

There seems to be a huge gap between doing pretty good and being in the top and the rewards just aren't worth it. Maybe I'll leave them some more feedback.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

JHVH-1 posted:

There seems to be a huge gap between doing pretty good and being in the top and the rewards just aren't worth it. Maybe I'll leave them some more feedback.
Yeah, I'm hovering around #200 in the Thornament, and I don't really want another Hawkguy cover but I might be able to hit 1000 points for another Thor cover so I'm conflicted.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Theres a new tournament up and its only 1 star covers. I pick my first opponent and I get a guy with a solo Hawkeye level 2. Does he not have any other characters? Maybe he sold all his level 1s but for some weird reason keeps Hawkeye

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is Hawkeye the Dan of this game or what? Why is he even there? I don't know comics, is he the joke of the Marvel universe or something?

"Hey guys I got a bow, can I be a superhero?!"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hawkeye is kind of a joke if you focus on his trick arrows, but it seems weird that he's terrible in basically every Marvel game recently given that they cooled him up for Avengers and the comics.

I managed to get to #1 in the one-star tournament - now to take a break and start from the bottom again in a couple of hours :toot:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The one star tournament is just plain loving grueling. Even with three maxed out one stars the fights just take forever.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The only use I've found for Hawkeye so far is that ability to turn a selected gem into a Crit gem. You can get some 5-match setups that way for good damage but that's about it.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
He was actually useful in a few missions for getting rid of specific tiles before they blew up. He's pretty bad otherwise.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I think Hawkeye is pretty useful for the story missions against spies and thugs and stuff. Both his abilities are useful for taking out timed attack tiles.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp. Clawed my way up to #1 with 290 ranking. Time to watch that ranking tumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Welp. Clawed my way up to #1 with 290 ranking. Time to watch that ranking tumble.

They must have established different leader boards then. I have ~790 and the guy in the #2 spot has ~490