Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Carbohydrates posted:

Yup, the Rebel owns. Good addition to my rusty-rear end car collection.

I'd love a daytime image. My phone isn't very good with dark images so that is an artifacted blobby mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray
I just want the world to know that the women's 'pumps' sold by clothing stores in the shoe section are not pumps at all, but rather flats/mary janes.

Great job, Rockstar. First you lost my frosted-purple and black Akuma, and now this. :colbert:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Eriic posted:

Did you call Mors Mutual? Did you try to fit a tracker at LSC when your garage was full? Did you order a car online while your garage was full?

Do the first thing if you haven't done it. Don't ever do the other two.

Too late. :( there was no reason for my nice car to be destroyed and I couldn't remember which model it was when I drove a new one into my garage. Picked wrong. Sigh

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Apologies to the goon in the lobby with me who I just blew to hell with an amazinly acurate buzzard shot (on the wrong target), "Charles McJeffrey" or something?

I fired only once as I winged around for another firing line and I thought it was half-assed BUT aimed at the other dude on my minimap. I was just killing a few seconds between calling Martin to help you get over 29th level. :(

Goddamn I'm starting to feel that BS is some B.S. :(

Also I went to put a bounty on a pubby and

BSOD?

Eriic posted:

So I was just driving around the desert helping another goon find a certain truck when I happened upon this building. :getin:

Yup, it's a radio station. There's one near my IRL house like that (that I know of) and it looks almost identical, except they have a billboard instead of giant glowing letters.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 19, 2013

shrimp fried rice 4-EVA
Feb 2, 2012

Holding my breath and I'm playing for keeps.
Getting sick of running co-op missions then being forced on the next mission selection screen to pick a competitive one. Why is this a thing?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

FluffyDice posted:

Getting sick of running co-op missions then being forced on the next mission selection screen to pick a competitive one. Why is this a thing?
Read the recent posts here or go to the Rockstar site and check their news, it's being addressed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Maaan, has there always been a 10 minute stoppage for using muggers? Why is it like every fun thing in this game has some dumb timer or restriction. :mad:

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

FluffyDice posted:

Nobody really knows why it's a thing but Rockstar said they are adding co-op missions to the voting screen in a future patch.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Is there some trick to getting the achievement for surviving a bounty? I've survived 2 so far and never gotten the achievement. Is anyone else having a problem when robbing armored cars too - I've robbed a grand total of 5 now and never once gotten money out of it.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Two guys went on a team-tank-rampage in freeroam tonight. It was pretty fun being hunted, got some really good practice in using cover and dodging tank shells. The most effective antitank method seems to be driving a bike up close and throwing stickybombs, if you can't snipe them out of the tank.

Also if a tank shoots at you while you're in passive mode you just get sent flying for no damage :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Is anyone else having a problem when robbing armored cars too - I've robbed a grand total of 5 now and never once gotten money out of it.

Make sure you're not blowing the truck up. Sticky bomb the back of the doors, detonate when there aren't any cars near the truck, slow down a little so you don't zoom past the cash bags that fall out, as they have physics and you can run them over and send 'em flying/perhaps destroy them.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Make sure you're not blowing the truck up. Sticky bomb the back of the doors, detonate when there aren't any cars near the truck, slow down a little so you don't zoom past the cash bags that fall out, as they have physics and you can run them over and send 'em flying/perhaps destroy them.

I always blow off the back doors :(

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The bodhi with a roll cage is the sickest poo poo. :getin:

(Also my eyes went off somewhere as soon as I took the picture I guess)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FluffyDice posted:

I believe the are going to implement mission missions into the selection screen.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

After killing someone who's got a bounty, I go to the atm, deposit the money, and leave it at the ATM menu screen while I go take a piss or eat, as they wait forever for me to exit out so they can kill me. I can hear them firing shotguns and RPG's at me in the background.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Good rampaging with you illionaire, I didn't know grenades could land inside cop cars and chase you around. :v:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Mr. Grey with his three main cars. Just got a 10-car apartment the day before 1.04 hit after a bit of Base Invaders grinding to I guess I timed that right. Gonna fill this out with a Faggio, where can I find these?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Rutkowski posted:

Mr. Grey with his three main cars. Just got a 10-car apartment the day before 1.04 hit after a bit of Base Invaders grinding to I guess I timed that right. Gonna fill this out with a Faggio, where can I find these?

You can buy a Faggio online for 5k. I've not seen a pedestrian use one before though.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

FallinInTheBlak posted:

You can buy a Faggio online for 5k. I've not seen a pedestrian use one before though.
I have but it's been very rare.

Still, for only 5k there's no reason not to get it!

Kevin Hideo
Jan 29, 2006
My true english is much stronger than yours
This is bullshit.

Twice in the past 2 hours I've been booted from a mission for no reason, and then it wipes all the stuff I had done. I gained about 2 levels each time and about 20k and it keeps getting erased. Seriously just wasted my entire night for NOTHING wtf.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

God loving dammit. Spent an hour doing a load of races and made about 30k. I was in the middle of banking it when I was kicked from the session for zero reason. Started online again and I got a bad sport warning and all the money I'd made had vanished. Ffffff.

Oh for gently caress's sake it didn't register the fact that I'd levelled up a few times either. Balls.

Flint_Paper fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 19, 2013

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I punched a bunch of innocent people in the face to improve my golf game (by raising my strength stat). :shepface: I can now make a couple of drives I couldnt before.

If you want a good brawl, theres a fire station just south of Lesters warehouse compound. There are half a dozen big, strong firemen waiting there.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Can we change the title to GTA Online - Saving Failed... Unable to connect to the Rockstar games service?

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PMs asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
The cloud servers down? Their status page says up but my console disagrees :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Intrepid00 posted:

The cloud servers down? Their status page says up but my console disagrees :colbert:

They are down on the ps3

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Martin's Extradition mission is a joke if you have a Buzzard. Same with Mixed up with Coke.

Actually Buzzard makes everything a joke :getin:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
You know what that means guys were gonna get another $500k! :shepspends:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Platystemon posted:

I punched a bunch of innocent people in the face to improve my golf game (by raising my strength stat). :shepface: I can now make a couple of drives I couldnt before.

If you want a good brawl, theres a fire station just south of Lesters warehouse compound. There are half a dozen big, strong firemen waiting there.

I'd do this but it's a loving chore getting away from cops after just a couple of fights.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PMs asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

WastedJoker posted:

I'd do this but it's a loving chore getting away from cops after just a couple of fights.

Call Lester to clear. It is only 500.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

The first time I ever saw a Armored Car in MP, it was being driven by a pubby with a ton of police chasing him. I rolled up behind him on my motor cycle and threw a c4 at the door and blew it up. The money flew out the doors but the pubby had no idea and just kept driving. I got killed by police as he drove off, I then ran up and picked up the 10k and then left

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They are down on the ps3

I loaded story mode several times and selected the online character through character selection and it eventually loaded.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Rockstar posted:

As an update, one of the major changes we are discussing heavily is to remove the bad sport penalty for blowing up a friend or crew member's vehicle.

Second post here. Looks like they actually are listening somewhat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JAssassin posted:

Second post here. Looks like they actually are listening somewhat.

What. So you can endlessly grief your friends and crews?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Feenix posted:

Here's what I don't understand about destroying cars and bad sport hell...

If destroying a player's car is such a griefous (yes that's an intentional
misspelling) then why allow it at all.
I'm not saying *I* want it gone, I'm saying, if R* thinks it's such an evil that deserves banishment with cheaters and hackers, WHY is it a gameplay mechanic in freeroam at all?

Right??

It's not that hard to understand, destroying personal cars is okay just don't compulsively destroy every single one you find and if you do happen to blow up five or six cars in a short time, go do a few drat missions to get some good sport points to compensate.

I regularly destroy 3-5 cars in a session, then get the good sport 1000$ reward an hour or two later anyway after doing some missions.

I know the rules are a little annoying, but you can either play by them, or you could get constantly blown up every single time you exit your garage over and over by high level crews in tanks and buzzards who would never stop. Actually I can soon afford a tank, and I just unlocked the rocket launcher, so I would love the chance to blow up all your whiny asses without consequences until you ragequit!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 19, 2013

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The fact that no goons use free aim really bugs me. The auto aim gameplay is awful to me.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What. So you can endlessly grief your friends and crews?

What'll probably happen is they'll remove it for friends and crew, then people will keep pushing for removing it entirely from personal cars and then they will.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

ShineDog posted:

The fact that no goons use free aim really bugs me. The auto aim gameplay is awful to me.

Aiming in this game with a controller and no auto aim makes me want to hang myself

vvv Lockon in Deathmatch is fine if you use tactics and don't play it like quake

VarXX fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 19, 2013

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ShineDog posted:

I vastly prefer it as well. But people are focused on PVE missions for the most part so they use Auto-Aim for ease of play and making money. Then they say that Deathmatch sucks. It sucks because they're using lockon, and they're using lockon because they think Deathmatch sucks.

It's a vicious cycle.

edit: probably the best time I've had in this game so far was right when I started, playing LTS (the one life mode) before I realized all goons were on lockon and switched so I could play with them. It was three on three, but my two partners dropped out immediately. I then over the course of the next ten minutes slowly stalked and murdered the opposing team. It was fantastic.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
This is dumb, but how can get get a new car for my online dude to always have? I have a piece of poo poo. I found a cool bike, but how can I save it, so that it appears for me on jobs etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

henpod posted:

This is dumb, but how can get get a new car for my online dude to always have? I have a piece of poo poo. I found a cool bike, but how can I save it, so that it appears for me on jobs etc?

Put a tracker on it at Los Santos Customs

• Locked thread