Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013

Aurain posted:

They've been seen and fought because people are asking for them on the GTS, it's confirmed it's still pure Ghost but no one seems to have a safari code that generates them despite Serebii saying that it's available there.

I would lean on the side of caution and go with no, Misdreavus isn't available. It's my favourite 'mon too.

Being able to ask for it doesn't mean anyone has seen it, since you can ask for things by name now.

Also, is there a way to get the gardevoir stone before postgame other than hoping someone put it on a monster they trade to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Aurain posted:

If you have access to the Friend Safari, the Ivysaur you can catch there have it.

It's not really worth the trouble unless I can just buy a stack of 99 somewhere.

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
When is it best to evolve Pikachu?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schubalts posted:

You can ask or search for any Pokemon whose name you can spell, instead of just ones you've seen.

So you can! Didn't realise that.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Internet Kraken posted:

drat, I expected that. Oh well, I'll have to think of another spooky/creepy pokemon to pair with Mr.Mime, who will just be putting up reflect/light screen and spamming dazzling gleam most likely. That move is so good in double battles.

Trevenant or Gourgeist? You can catch Trevenant in the woods by Snowbelle, but Gourgeist is only from trade-evolving Pumpkaboo.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Wow, when you filter your pokemon in your box, you can see what effect all the natures have. They really went all out making the competitive scene as friendly as possible.

In fact, the filter tool is really useful for chainbreeding. you can filter abilities and moves.

alphapie
Sep 7, 2004
Looking for safari friends, a ditto one would be nice.

0447-5122-6318

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

I just added a bunch of Friend Codes from the last few pages.

KoB
ThePhenomenalBaby
Echophonic
david puddy
Menelven
LAY-ZX
Ashtarath
NiftyBottle
GreenMetalSun
Jade Mage
Alcatrash
Chaos Argate
y_3
Onehandclapping
Nendil
Wallet Inspector
Coq au Nandos
Chocolate Donuts

If you'd like to add me back my Friend Code is 0602-6601-2664 IGN is Dorkella.
And I haven't seen my safari, but my boyfriend says it's Grass.

Edit; alphapie, I just added you too.

DorkBot3000 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 19, 2013

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

Internet Kraken posted:

drat, I expected that. Oh well, I'll have to think of another spooky/creepy pokemon to pair with Mr.Mime, who will just be putting up reflect/light screen and spamming dazzling gleam most likely. That move is so good in double battles.

Hypno's pretty spooky!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm looking for hidden ability Frogadiers and Actually Good Nature Dittos still

2595-0484-3505

OT: Mike

Willing to trade if need be, but definitely prefer Safaris since I haven't done any breeding and don't have much to offer.

I have plenty of space though, so even if you don't have any of those things I'll be a pal and add ya. I ain't no pokesupremacist

DorkBot3000 posted:

If you'd like to add me back my Friend Code is 0602-6601-2664 IGN is Dorkella.
And I haven't seen my safari, but my boyfriend says it's Grass.

Hey there. Your boyfriend is right.

Your field is Grass and your currently available pokemon are.

Sawsbuck Tangela

If you've beating the E4 make sure to log in and sync up

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 19, 2013

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Man, I would totally pay for more Looker Bureau missions as DLC or something.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I'm looking for hidden ability Frogadiers and Actually Good Nature Dittos still

2595-0484-3505

OT: Mike

Willing to trade if need be, but definitely prefer Safaris since I haven't done any breeding and don't have much to offer.

I have plenty of space though, so even if you don't have any of those things I'll be a pal and add ya. I ain't no pokesupremacist

I'm in the same boat!
Protean Frogadiers and Imposter Dittos are my 2 big wants. (I'd also like a Gooey Goomy)

My FC is: 5327-0901-8345
Name: Crimson

I've been breeding hella Chespins and hella Goomys. But otherwise really don't have anything people would want.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

NIV3K posted:

When is it best to evolve Pikachu?

Throwing it in the trash can

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I can't find a single route to evolve my Sligoo :smith:

Is there any fast way to find somewhere it is raining?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Just beat the Elite 4, who wants to tell me what's in my safari?

Mii: Connor
PokeX: Scholtz
FC: 0388-0206-9174

VVV Added

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 19, 2013

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Scholtz posted:

Could check.

4613-6156-4661
ingame name: Kat.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Who makes a good HM Mule?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I prefer Bibarel. My team normally has a surfer or waterfaller and flier in it already, so Bibarel picks up Rock Smash, Cut, Waterfall/Surf, and Strength.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

KoB posted:

Who makes a good HM Mule?

Hawlucha. He can learn Fly, Cut, Strength and Rock Smash (which isn't an HM anymore but is still useful)

Throw Surf and Waterfall on the free Lapras you get and you're good to go

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Scholtz posted:

You have Fairy: Togepi and Swirlix but you need to go online so I can see the third one.

edit: Third one is Floette

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 19, 2013

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Alright, back online.

Dastardly posted:

You have Fairy: Togepi and Swirlix but you need to go online so I can see the third one.

edit: Third one is Floette

Drat, that's kinda lame.

Internet Kraken, do you have room on your friends list still?

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 19, 2013

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm adding everyone who posted their friend code on this page, I'm 2707 1688 4125

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Alright, back online.

Drat, that's kinda lame.

Togekiss has been talked about as a potential beast in this generation, so it's possible that could prove quite popular for people.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I made exactly zero progress in the game last night. Instead, I bred several boxes worth of Volt Tackle Pichus (named after US Presidents for hilarity's sake) and Wonder Traded them all. For my efforts I scored:

* - All three Starters from this generation including a German Chespin and a Japanese Protean Froakie. :getin:

* - Charmander and Squirtle.

* - An extra Speed Boost Torchic.

* - Two Eevees.

* - An Elegant pattern Vivillion. :syoon:

* - A Shroomish with Quick Feet (don't know if that's good or not but it's a female so I can breed a better Ability).

* - A French Haunter who immediately turned into a Gengar.

* - Another Gengar because why the hell not?

* - A Japanese Gabite.

And a metric poo poo-ton of those flower-fairy things, Pidgeys, Bunnelbies, Luvdisc, etc. Is there anything like a lottery in this game or something where the extra trainer IDs these things give me would be any advantage at all? Or can I dump their asses back into the Wonder Trade with a clean conscience?

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Scholtz posted:

Added.

I have the exact same safari as you i believe, but i would like to have access to Togepis without trading.

FC: 2552-1483-9753
IGN: Cerasha

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rahonavis posted:

Is there anything like a lottery in this game or something where the extra trainer IDs these things give me would be any advantage at all?

There is one in Lumiose City.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Rahonavis posted:

Is there anything like a lottery in this game or something where the extra trainer IDs these things give me would be any advantage at all? Or can I dump their asses back into the Wonder Trade with a clean conscience?
Loto-ID is in Lumiose.

e:f,b

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

I can't believe it took me until now to notice that while you're watering your berries at the farm, if you hit left or right you'll automatically water the next berry in the row as well.

This makes things much faster.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The most weak and useless pokemon. Right.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Schubalts posted:

Trevenant or Gourgeist? You can catch Trevenant in the woods by Snowbelle, but Gourgeist is only from trade-evolving Pumpkaboo.

I wanted to use one of them but I heard they both had really bad stats :smith:

I did realize something this morning though. I mostly double battle, and the drawback of boomburst is that it will blow up your ally as well. But my Mr.Mime is soundproof, so I can run him with a Noivern and have him boomburst all he wants :getin:

Scholtz posted:

Yup, I'm just really careless and forgetful so I don't remember to add people. Post your code in here or on IRC and I'll put you in though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cyflan posted:

I can't believe it took me until now to notice that while you're watering your berries at the farm, if you hit left or right you'll automatically water the next berry in the row as well.

This makes things much faster.

You can even do that with berries that don't need watering in between! :v:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Apparently you can easily 'grind' to maximum stylishness simply by buying one pokeball at a time at the ball shop in Not-Paris. I bought about 60 quick balls because why not and see, Blastoisinite now costs me 10k

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dastardly posted:

Apparently you can easily 'grind' to maximum stylishness simply by buying one pokeball at a time at the ball shop in Not-Paris. I bought about 60 quick balls because why not and see, Blastoisinite now costs me 10k

Do you leave the shop dialogue menu each time and restart the conversation with the shopkeep or do you buy one and then another, and then another?

E: Ok!

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Aurain posted:

Do you leave the shop dialogue menu each time and restart the conversation with the shopkeep or do you buy one and then another, and then another.

I bought one at a time but I did not leave the dialogue menu.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
How are you guys getting multiple starters, just by Wonder Trade or are goons just breeding tons of them and just giving them away?

Also should I even bother with friend safari before beating the E4? I still haven't even gotten to the second gym yet. Busy week :argh:

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

How are you guys getting multiple starters, just by Wonder Trade or are goons just breeding tons of them and just giving them away?

Also should I even bother with friend safari before beating the E4? I still haven't even gotten to the second gym yet. Busy week :argh:

You can catch gen 1 and 6 starters in the Friend Safari. You can't access the Friend Safari until you beat the Elite Four.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Soul Glo posted:

The friend safari is in the postgame town, so you don't have much to worry about on that front. Other people can visit your friend safari if you want, but it won't have the full selection of pokemon until you beat the game and connect your game to a PGL account.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Previous Jesus posted:

You can catch gen 1 and 6 starters in the Friend Safari. You can't access the Friend Safari until you beat the Elite Four.

Okay, cool. I guess I'll wait to throw my FC up until I can access it. Wanna get me a Squirtle and Chespin at some point.

Thanks.

e: Oh, okay. Well, if anybody wants to see if I have any Ditto, Audino or starters before I have my full safari, my friend code is 0275-7761-6527. In game name is Soul Glo, mii name is Derek.

It'll be tonight before I can add any FC's, but I'll add anybody who adds me. I think I only have one person on my 3DS friends list as it is.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I wanted to use one of them but I heard they both had really bad stats :smith:

Pumpkaboo is the first Pokemon in this game that I've properly bred and EV trained. I don't care if it has lovely stats. I just wanna use a jack o'lantern Pokemon.

• Locked thread