Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
So do we know how exactly hidden ability breeding works? Because I just bred a Protean Froakie someone traded me with a Ditto and I got a Torrent Froakie. Will I also get some Protean Froakie or am I wasting my time?

edit: The answer is yes.

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
You will also get some Protean Froakie.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Nessa posted:

Pumpkaboo is the first Pokemon in this game that I've properly bred and EV trained. I don't care if it has lovely stats. I just wanna use a jack o'lantern Pokemon.
Best/worst part of Pumpkaboo breeding: It comes in four different sizes and they all have different base stats! :suicide:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dastardly posted:

I bought one at a time but I did not leave the dialogue menu.

Yeah, that definitely works.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Internet Kraken posted:

Yup, I'm just really careless and forgetful so I don't remember to add people. Post your code in here or on IRC and I'll put you in though.

I added you a while back so here's my info again:

FC: 3368-2103-1193

I can't do PMs and it'll be a long-rear end time before I can access the safari (I'm way back by the third gym and taking a leisurely pace with this one). But I like Dittos and I want to know what my safari gives people.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Raserys posted:

Man, I would totally pay for more Looker Bureau missions as DLC or something.

That would be pretty much the best, not gonna lie.

Honestly my one major complaint with this game now that I've beat the Elite Four is that there just isn't much to do after you clear the main story. The Looker Bureau is cool as hell just on a conceptual level, but the plotline doesn't last very long and as far as I can tell it's kind of all there is in terms of meaningful single-player content past the Elite Four. It seems like the postgame has some really cool stuff for people who want to do the breeding/training/min-maxing EVs and IVs and Natures thing, but that's never been my beat, and while I do make an effort to catch everything I come across I wrote catching 'em all off as an unreasonable goal back when I was eight so I don't know how much appeal there is for me in running around trying to collect every Pokemon.

I'm not expecting Gold/Silver levels of endgame or anything, but there just doesn't seem to be much here in the way of postgame legendaries to hunt down or high-level trainers to fight and that's a bit of a bummer. I wish they would at least include some kind of NG+-type thing where you can reset the trainers/gym battles and go through them all with your team again or even train up a new one without having to wipe your save and start over.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 19, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Internet Kraken posted:

I wanted to use one of them but I heard they both had really bad stats :smith:

Size has a big effect on Pumpkaboo's/Gourgeist's stats, with the larger ones having more HP and Attack, with lower Speed.

Base stats for supersize gourgeists, according to serebii
HP 85
Attack 100
Defense 122
Sp. Attack 58
Sp. Defense 75
Speed 54

Don't ask me if those are great stats, but come onnn, it's a haunted pumpkin.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I want my Ludicolo to have both Leech Seed and Giga Drain, and according to Bulbapedia, Oddish and Bulbasaur can pass down these moves respectively. Does that mean I have to
1) Level up a male Oddish to make it learn Giga Drain
2) Breed it with a female Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo to get a female Lotad that knows Giga Drain
3) Level up a male Bulbasaur to make it learn Leech Seed
4) Breed it with that female Lotad to get a Lotad that knows both Giga Drain and Leech Seed

Did I get this right? I've never dabbled with passing moves down before.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Scholtz posted:

Just beat the Elite 4, who wants to tell me what's in my safari?

Mii: Connor
PokeX: Scholtz
FC: 0388-0206-9174

VVV Added

If you have Friend List space I would like some Togepis :v:

FC 3539-9227-9084

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Not yet at E4, but I'm willing to share my Friend Code:

2423 2572 7126
Mii: Eric

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just realized Wonder Trading is less gambling and more russian roulette because at any moment someone could send me a Bidoof :ohdear:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

horriblePencilist posted:

I want my Ludicolo to have both Leech Seed and Giga Drain, and according to Bulbapedia, Oddish and Bulbasaur can pass down these moves respectively. Does that mean I have to
1) Level up a male Oddish to make it learn Giga Drain
2) Breed it with a female Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo to get a female Lotad that knows Giga Drain
3) Level up a male Bulbasaur to make it learn Leech Seed
4) Breed it with that female Lotad to get a Lotad that knows both Giga Drain and Leech Seed

Did I get this right? I've never dabbled with passing moves down before.

No. Bulbasaur needs both moves.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I just realized Wonder Trading is less gambling and more russian roulette because at any moment someone could send me a Bidoof :ohdear:

And then you trade it off again, so not really. Wonder Trade gets pretty boring after the first couple gyms, though. Yeah, you could get something cool you've never seen but probably not.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed with the post game content, but I'm having fun trying to fill out the gaps in my Pokedex. I've seen 366 Pokemon and caught something like 220.

Creating a competitive team would probably be a good time sink too but it really doesn't sound like much fun from what I've read in the thread

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Senerio posted:

According to Smogon, female Pokemon can pass down egg moves now.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I Wonder Traded a Scatterbug two hours in. :ca:

I got a Zoroark! :stare:

... named after r/pokemon. :negative:

Yeah I am nowhere near the Friend Safari but if you really want to wait for the month it'll probably take me to get there:

FID: 3265-5226-6553
FN: Superfly
OT: Superfly

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 19, 2013

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
I'm trying to decide whether Protean is actually a better ability for Greninja, competitively. Water/Dark is a good typing, especially for checking/countering Aegislash. STAB on Ice Beam and... Extrasensory? - I can't think of a better fourth move - would be nice but I'm not sure how much Greninja really needs it. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Also, is Dark Pulse a TM? If so, where do you find it? If not, how do I get it on Greninja?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Manatee Cannon posted:

And then you trade it off again, so not really.

Once it has infected my Pokedex with its filth there's no way to get rid of it!

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Someone on 4chan has found something strange. They were breeding Fennekins to throw into the Wonder Trade blender, decided to throw TMs on them for shits and giggles, and foun one of them could learn Thunder.

e: "I knew I should have checked before I got my hopes up, but this image was created in Photoshop CS5." I guess there's still a smidgen of hope, but 4chan being 4chan I'm gonna go with this being a ruse. Oh well. :smith:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Senerio posted:

So only the father can pass down moves?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Previous Jesus posted:

I'm trying to decide whether Protean is actually a better ability for Greninja, competitively. Water/Dark is a good typing, especially for checking/countering Aegislash. STAB on Ice Beam and... Extrasensory? - I can't think of a better fourth move - would be nice but I'm not sure how much Greninja really needs it. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Also, is Dark Pulse a TM? If so, where do you find it? If not, how do I get it on Greninja?

It is, you get it by way of route 18. You need Waterfall, you'll know you're in the right place if you go from route 18 to 15 after the waterfall.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I just got Tyrunt, he is awesome. So awesome. Lonely nature, though.... :argh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Crosscontaminant posted:

Someone on 4chan has found something strange. They were breeding Fennekins to throw into the Wonder Trade blender, decided to throw TMs on them for shits and giggles, and foun one of them could learn Thunder.

I'm gonna need to see this replicated a few times before I accept it, that's a bit too weird.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Crosscontaminant posted:

e: "I knew I should have checked before I got my hopes up, but this image was created in Photoshop CS5." I guess there's still a smidgen of hope, but 4chan being 4chan I'm gonna go with this being a ruse. Oh well. :smith:

It's hard to believe this isn't someone making a fake to get a bunch of people on the internet to breed tons of mons just to see if they can learn a TM they'll never be able to learn.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Ugh, this is getting stupid. I'm trying to evolve Sliggoo but the areas that have rain simply refuse to rain. Are there any other areas besides Route 7, 8, 10, 14, Cyllage, and Ambrette where it rains?

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Can anyone with a ditto freind safari friend me if they still have room? Also can anyone tell me what I have in my friend safari?
My Friend Code is 2019-9667-7035

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Brett824 posted:

It's hard to believe this isn't someone making a fake to get a bunch of people on the internet to breed tons of mons just to see if they can learn a TM they'll never be able to learn.
That specific scenario seems to me to be a bit too long a con for a 4channer to run. I'd have picked a harder 'mon to breed if I were going to try and do that.

One of the doubters in the thread claims to have replicated it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Internet Kraken posted:

Yup, I'm just really careless and forgetful so I don't remember to add people. Post your code in here or on IRC and I'll put you in though.

Alrighty, I added you.

Mii: Connor
PokeX: Scholtz
FC: 0388-0206-9174

MotU posted:

If you have Friend List space I would like some Togepis :v:

FC 3539-9227-9084

You too.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nakar posted:

Best/worst part of Pumpkaboo breeding: It comes in four different sizes and they all have different base stats! :suicide:

Size is inherited to any pumpkins that are bred. They don't take too long to hatch, so I was able to get myself an Adamant Jumbo Pumpkaboo from catching a Jumbo in the wild.

I think they might have also altered how gender works when breeding as well. When I bred Noibats with a female I caught, I didn't get a male until my 11th egg. Or are the bats supposed to be predominantly female? I had a similar occurrence with the pumpkins too.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 19, 2013

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm adding everyone who put their codes on this page, I'm 2707 1688 4125

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I Wonder Traded a Scatterbug two hours in. :ca:

I got a Zoroark! :stare:

... named after r/pokemon. :negative:

Yeah I am nowhere near the Friend Safari but if you really want to wait for the month it'll probably take me to get there:

FID: 3265-5226-6553
FN: Superfly
OT: Superfly

damnit, I named my trainer the same thing! :argh:
(added)

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Just got the Hatching O-Power from Cafe Introversion.

Does that mean my Style is maxed?
Where do you get the Boutique Couture coupon then?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
So has anyone found any item maniacs yet?

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
What's the best nature for Froakie?

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
Trying to get all the Vivillion patterns is really hard. The GTS is flooded with the purple Japanese pattern. The ones that aren't the purple pattern are scooped up in seconds. I'll refresh my search and see the newest one but by the time I try to trade it's already gone.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cheesegod posted:

Trying to get all the Vivillion patterns is really hard. The GTS is flooded with the purple Japanese pattern. The ones that aren't the purple pattern are scooped up in seconds. I'll refresh my search and see the newest one but by the time I try to trade it's already gone.

Would it be easier to trade for Scatterbug and sort by region? I mean, there's going to be much more of a gamble but probably less competition. It's why I always train up the Scatterbug I get via Wonder Trade.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Is Smogon offline? I can't seem to access it at all.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nickname Pending posted:

What's the best nature for Froakie?

Either Speed+ Anything But Which ever attack stat you want to go with-
or That Attack Stat+ Anything but speed-

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The 4th Battle in Restaurant Le Wow's double battle is so lame. How are you supposed to be able to do it in 2 rounds if the Floatzel decides to protect on round 1 and then the Lucario does it on round 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Aurain posted:

The 4th Battle in Restaurant Le Wow's double battle is so lame. How are you supposed to be able to do it in 2 rounds if the Floatzel decides to protect on round 1 and then the Lucario does it on round 2?
Feint, apparently. Unless you can OHKO through Protect with it, the restaurants are a complete RNG roll as to whether you can perfect them.

• Locked thread