Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fried Chicken posted:

Has anyone written up a guide for super training like how Ogen did for Pokemon Amie? Like what the purple sparks mean, the red goals, the yellow goals, timing for your high powered shots, what pattern to dodge in to miss the soccer balls, etc? Like an optimized time path to boost a stat?

I'm slogging though it by spam tapping the screen, but I'd rather have a better idea what I'm doing.

Also, has anyone found the EV reducing berries yet? I finally got some reset bags, but I'd rather target my mistrained Gible than do all of attack and most of speed over again

I found pomeg berries by cross breeding the restores hp, but may confuse berries and I have feeling that is the only way to get them for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Does anyone have an X stone I can get for my Charizard? The Y mega is so boring. I don't have a lot and I'm not sure what is reasonable in return so let me know what you want.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Fried Chicken posted:

Has anyone written up a guide for super training like how Ogen did for Pokemon Amie? Like what the purple sparks mean, the red goals, the yellow goals, timing for your high powered shots, what pattern to dodge in to miss the soccer balls, etc? Like an optimized time path to boost a stat?

I'm slogging though it by spam tapping the screen, but I'd rather have a better idea what I'm doing.

Also, has anyone found the EV reducing berries yet? I finally got some reset bags, but I'd rather target my mistrained Gible than do all of attack and most of speed over again
In order:
  • The boss glowing purple means they're about to do a big attack.
  • Red goals don't go away after one shot, but are instead time based, they're usually near the center mass of the balloon and are 'rewards' for not missing a single white/yellow net. Magnezone's for instance will appear if you hit 6 white goals in a row.
  • Yellow goals are white goals that are fading away, they'll eventually disappear.
  • The meter at the bottom gets circles above it when you're able to do a high powered shot, buuut
  • You can charge shots by holding your stylus on the screen, release it shortly after the reticule turns red or your pokemon will become exhausted and unable to move or shoot for a split second.
  • Freakishly huge soccer balls you can block by hitting L. The Wide and Tall soccer balls you dodge by moving vertically or horizontally out of their path of travel.
  • As far as optimized paths to boost a stat, If you're planning on boosting speed, boost that first, it increases the speed that your ball travels, as well as the power of your shots a little bit. This is pretty much required if you're going to do the level 3 special attack training as Magnezone doesn't stay still very long and can be difficult to lead when it raises it's arms. Otherwise, always, always, go to level 3 as soon as you can, pop out whenever you get full on bags, use them all, discard the smalls, they're not worth the time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I walked into my brother's friend safari to see what he had, and the very first pokemon was a shiny Pumkaboo :stare:

I guess I have to use one now. It has a neutral nature, but max defense and special attack IVs. So as far as useable shinies go it's pretty good I guess! Now to figure out what it should do.

VVV What the hell :negative:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 19, 2013

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

pandaK posted:

There's an old man that you can give one of your Pokemon to sometime in the story. If you come back after you beat the Elite 4, he's not there anymore and there's a Pokeball in the room with a note saying that he's sorry, he can't look after it anymore. :(

Why is Pokemon so loving depressing

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Does anyone know which pokemon learn Grassy Terrain? I checked Serebii but it doesn't have them listed yet. Trying to come up with a gimmick Grass/Water team.

Also if you're doing restaurants and don't have a pokemon with Feint bring a Gourgheist/Trevenant with Phantom Force. Even though it takes two turns it breaks through Protect/Detect and even Spiky Shield.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Constable Lemon posted:

Did a quick couple egg move experiments, Skiddo, Flabebe, and Furfrou do not learn Baton Pass either. I'm going to check pretty much every Kalos Pokemon for it, so give me any suggestions for other moves or combinations to check along the way.

If you're going to be move testing, try seeing if anything strange can learn Sticky Web. At this point pretty much ANY pokemon beyond Ariados/Galv/Smeargle being able to learn it would be a godsend.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

LAY-ZX posted:

Hope for a better nature that also has the same ability. If you get one with a good nature but the wrong ability pop an everstone on it so its kids have the same nature and breed it again until you get one with the right ability.

Aha! Thanks. That actually makes a fair bit of sense.

Also: just caught my first Honedge. Hell yeah. Again bad luck with natures: Naughty! ATK reduction. Bah.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 19, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Is there any good cheat sheet for all the Berry mutations? Or should I just skip this drat farm entirely.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

pandaK posted:

There's an old man that you can give one of your Pokemon to sometime in the story. If you come back after you beat the Elite 4, he's not there anymore and there's a Pokeball in the room with a note saying that he's sorry, he can't look after it anymore. :(

The day I got my Azurill back was the saddest day of my life. :(

404GoonNotFound posted:

Is there any good cheat sheet for all the Berry mutations? Or should I just skip this drat farm entirely.

Serebii has most of them.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Crosscontaminant posted:

Gardevoir is probably #3 fairy after Togekiss and Clefable, and given its frailty that goes to show how few decent Fairies there are. The Mega Evolution deals with its Speed troubles, but not its crippling physical weakness which Aegislash in particular is going to love exploiting. Pixilate is almost useless - Hyper Voice has a niche in doubles and triples once Pokémon Bank is out, and Hyper Beam as a dumb gimmick, but other than that nothing.

I'm still going to use it, because it's one of my favourite Pokémon, but still. :colbert:

Not including Azumarill on your list of top 3 fairies is very silly, especially with its new BD + Aquajet set.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My shiny Pumkaboo is adorable. It's pumpkin is coloured purple with bright yellow eyes and a black top. I can't believe I got lucky enough to get a shiny that looks good and isn't completely awful :allears:

The rest of his safari was lampent and spiritomb, the latter of which seems really rare so I'm glad I got that. The weird thing is, I caught a lampent that knows infiltrator. No of the poke wikis say it can have that ability, instead listing 3 different ones. Can pokemon have more than two hidden abilities now?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Shadow Tag Chandelure was never released in Gen V, so they changed it. Most online Pokédexes haven't updated for Gen VI yet.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

pandaK posted:

I didn't get around to giving him one to look after. I've beaten the E4 and he's still there for me.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I am Reverend posted:

Finally beat the E4 and got to that sweet A New Hope medal ceremony.

I was using an Aegislash until I saw that it was apparently the most mainstream pokemon ever and was in everyone else's E4 team. Replaced it with Avalugg which surprised me by not being the worst pokemon ever, although I want a drat good reason why it can't learn Icicle Crash.

Because it doesn't need it. You don't use Avalugg for Icicle Crash, you use Avalugg and it's goddamn absurd Base 180 Def to tank drat near any Physical attack in the game and then smash their faces in with a fully boosted Avalanche. He's got Base 110 Attack. Boosted STAB Avalanche HURTS.

I named mine Lance. I have him hold a Rocky Helmet for extra hurting.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hammerite posted:

I didn't get around to giving him one to look after. I've beaten the E4 and he's still there for me.

According to Serebii it's actually time-based, he needs to have a Pokemon for three days.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

My shiny Pumkaboo is adorable. It's pumpkin is coloured purple with bright yellow eyes and a black top. I can't believe I got lucky enough to get a shiny that looks good and isn't completely awful :allears:

The rest of his safari was lampent and spiritomb, the latter of which seems really rare so I'm glad I got that. The weird thing is, I caught a lampent that knows infiltrator. No of the poke wikis say it can have that ability, instead listing 3 different ones. Can pokemon have more than two hidden abilities now?

The litwick/Lampent/Chanderlure line had their hidden ability changed from Shadow Tag (which was unreleased in B/w dream world) to Infilitrator in X/Y :eng101:

If you can trade some Spiritomb in the PGS thread that would be fantastic. I want to see the horrors of Phantom Force Spirit-omb :unsmigghh:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Has the addition of Fairy made Drapion any better? He's one of my favorites but aside from being okay on movepool he wasn't terribly good. But at least his Poison typing sort of has a purpose now.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

According to Serebii it's actually time-based, he needs to have a Pokemon for three days.

So what your saying is if I never give him one he'll live forever.

Is there any reason you would want to?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

LeafyOrb posted:

You get a free Comet shard

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

LeafyOrb posted:

I think you get a Star Piece or a Comet Shard(can't remember which. Pretty sure one of those two) along with your pokemon back.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

If you're going to be move testing, try seeing if anything strange can learn Sticky Web. At this point pretty much ANY pokemon beyond Ariados/Galv/Smeargle being able to learn it would be a godsend.

I know Shuckle can learn it naturally too, but sure, I'll look around.

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
Where can I find a Mawile? :) Serebi says they're in the Glittering Cave, but says something about it being special. What do I need to do?

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

You get a free Comet shard

Huh, Human Life vs. money well played pokemon, well played.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

9goats dead posted:

Where can I find a Mawile? :) Serebi says they're in the Glittering Cave, but says something about it being special. What do I need to do?

I found one in the dark encounter spots in the over-the-shoulder view part of the cave.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

strangemusic posted:

Aha! Thanks. That actually makes a fair bit of sense.

Also: just caught my first Honedge. Hell yeah. Again bad luck with natures: Naughty! ATK reduction. Bah.

You're in luck! Naughty increases attack, not reduces. On the summary screen, the stat in red is increased while blue is decreased! :eng101:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

What size is the pumpkaboo? (They have 3 possible sizes that affect their HP and Speed)

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Does anyone know if there's anyway to get a Razor Fang other than the Battle Maison?

I don't want to have to wait until after the Elite 4 to get my Gliscor :(

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I love the Marchionesses with the Audinos in the Battle Chateau. It's like they know their only purpose is to act as EXP fodder.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Anybody know if you can catch a Pikachu holding Light Ball in XY and if so what is the incidence rate?

Also I got someone's lvl 48 Graveler and someone's French Snorelax from WT while getting rid of Pikachus with no lightball :3:

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
So when I EV train, do I typically want increase the most effective stats over the others?

Kidswhoneedjobs
Jan 16, 2013
Could you always waste a match turn by trying to use a potion on a fainted pokemon?

I misclicked when against the champion and nearly lost my last Pokemon Aurorus because of it. It got away with 1hp though and was able to heal to full health the next turn to kill the champion's Garvadoir with 2 2xcalm mind boosted ice beams

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

Anybody know if you can catch a Pikachu holding Light Ball in XY and if so what is the incidence rate?

You can.

Pretty sure it's a 5% chance.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Being able to find mega stones only from 8-9 is such a dumb restriction. I won't even try to say it's the dumbest thing GF has ever done but...seriously. Why.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

Also I got someone's lvl 48 Graveler and someone's French Snorelax from WT while getting rid of Pikachus with no lightball :3:

You can get one, and people on day 1 were getting super lucky with them so they can't be incredibly rare.

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013
I asked this earlier, but no one seemed to notice, but is here a way to get Gardevoir's megastone in the main game, or is it post-game only? I just want to roll through trainers with a poofy dress.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Sorbocules posted:

I asked this earlier, but no one seemed to notice, but is here a way to get Gardevoir's megastone in the main game, or is it post-game only? I just want to roll through trainers with a poofy dress.

It's post-game only unless someone trades it to you.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Nickname Pending posted:

So when I EV train, do I typically want increase the most effective stats over the others?

You can max out 2 stats at most, for most Pokemon you do just that.

For example, the general spread for a sweeper is 252 Attack/Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, and the remaining 4 EVs in HP.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Sorbocules posted:

I'm reading a guide (http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1911345-guide-mega-stone-locations/) that says this:

Gardevoirite
Find Diantha in Lumiose City, who is in a small cafe (Cafe Soleil). Trade any Pokemon with her to get a Ralts with the stone.

Not sure if it's available pre- or only post-e4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Level 3 HP Super Training is so delightfully easy. :)

• Locked thread