Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No
Sep 13, 2006

I just found my first shiny in 15 years of playing Pokemon! Sadly it has a Lonely nature so I probably won't use it. But still. Sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

No posted:

I just found my first shiny in 15 years of playing Pokemon! Sadly it has a Lonely nature so I probably won't use it. But still. Sweet!

I actually just found my first one too, a Paras with a decent nature. Too bad (a) it's Paras, and (b) it had 5 or less in every IV except speed and defense.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
A part of me wonders if the rain schedule in this game doesn't take into account actual player region to some degree.

For all that some people talk of having trouble finding rain, if I go down to the coast it is drenched 24/7 with like five minute breaks in between downpours.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

LordHippoman posted:

It has been 4 days since it last rained in Kalos. Sliggoo is waiting patiently, and I don't want to take on the Elite 4 without his final evo, just for the principle of the thing. Can I get a rain check (heh) on what routes it's possible to have rain on, just to make sure I'm not missing anything? I'll grind up a Pangoro or something while I wait.

Edit: He did see the sign, he thought it meant use Rain Dance.

It's currently raining on route 14 for me, you could lend him to me for a second with a rare candy attached and I'll evolve him for you. You'll miss the evo scene though.
4613-6156-4661

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I recall (vaguely, mind) that someone said changing the date on your 3DS to Monday at 1 o'clock would work. But honestly you might just do better breeding and Chateauing and berry growing, and pinging the coast / Laverre every half hour or so.

Also, trading a Pokemon makes it forget its previous Poke-Amie level, in case any of you are desperate to get your beloved Goomy to the highest echelons of Goomydom.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
I just beat the champion and made my way back to the cave where Mewto is, and I have a couple questions -

Is there anything better to use a master ball on in the future, or is this as good an opportunity as any to use it?

Is it actually possible to catch Mewtwo with a quick ball? Is that the first thing you should throw, basically?

Is the capture o-power significant in using something that isn't the master ball?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Bogart posted:

I recall (vaguely, mind) that someone said changing the date on your 3DS to Monday at 1 o'clock would work. But honestly you might just do better breeding and Chateauing and berry growing, and pinging the coast / Laverre every half hour or so.

I did this, it worked. 12:45pm Monday, evolved Sliggoo at Route 14.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So, where and how exactly do you get the pokeradar?

Also, I know Zygarde is supposed to be at the bottom of Terminus cave, but when I went there, there were a lot of what seemed to be blocked off passageways and I couldn't find him there.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Zhent posted:

I just beat the champion and made my way back to the cave where Mewto is, and I have a couple questions -

Is there anything better to use a master ball on in the future, or is this as good an opportunity as any to use it?

Is it actually possible to catch Mewtwo with a quick ball? Is that the first thing you should throw, basically?

Is the capture o-power significant in using something that isn't the master ball?

After about 4 captures with luxury balls and getting rear end natures I went ahead and started using the ball with the big M. Otherwise it would have just stayed in my backpack making me nervous every time I had to navigate the ball menu.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zhent posted:

It seems like you can either use it on Mewtwo or Zygarde who both have really low catch rates and can take forever before getting caught or hold on to the Master Ball for if you run into a shiny you want. (use it on Mewtwo for nostalgia's sake)

Probably a very rare chance you'll catch it right away with your quick ball but I don't think it's likely

Also don't use a quick ball so you can appreciate his battle music :allears:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nessa posted:

So, where and how exactly do you get the pokeradar?

Also, I know Zygarde is supposed to be at the bottom of Terminus cave, but when I went there, there were a lot of what seemed to be blocked off passageways and I couldn't find him there.

After you beat the elite 4, go back to the pokemon lab. A professor on the second floor will give you the radar if you talk to him.

Terminus cave is a bullshit passage of paths. I believe it consists of a small entrance, two main large chambers, and then a small connecting chamber. You take a staircase down into the first chamber, and then another stair case down into the second one. On the other side of the second on your find a staircase down into another chamber. This chamber contains the passage to Zygarde. However, if you haven't beaten the Elite 4, an rear end in a top hat will be standing in front of it that tells you to piss off. So you have to crawl through that drat cave twice :suicide:

Just buy 99 max repels. There's nothing worth catching in there other than Noibats which appear from the ceiling anyways.

VVV How much post game there is depends on how much you care about breeding, fighting, and catching them all. If you only care about a plot driven journey then yeah there isn't much.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 20, 2013

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Wonder Traded an Eevee and got a Stunfisk named DARK SOUL :allears: This is such an awesome feature.

So there's not much post game? That's kinda sad if so, the game's pace gets fast after the second badge, and I don't want it to end. I'm on the way to badge 7 already. Maybe I'll take up breeding and fighting random passerbys.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Internet Kraken posted:

There's nothing worth catching in there other than Noibats which appear from the ceiling anyways.
Nope, you can find Pupitars in Y and Lairons in X.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
There's a guy on GTS that wants to trade a Xerneas for a lvl 91 or higher Metapod. I'm really tempted to just blow all my pokemiles on rare candy and boost one up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Nope, you can find Pupitars in Y and Lairons in X.

They are both dirt common though and I believe can be caught in other areas anyways. Point is, you're not missing anything you can't easily find by coating yourself in repel for the trip to Zygarde. Unless you want to trip over a gravler every 10 steps.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Dastardly posted:

There's a guy on GTS that wants to trade a Xerneas for a lvl 91 or higher Metapod. I'm really tempted to just blow all my pokemiles on rare candy and boost one up.

If you can, put up a lvl 1 starter and request a legendary. Squirtle is how I got my Yveltal

boz fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 20, 2013

boz
Oct 16, 2005
quote edit gah

boz fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 20, 2013

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama
Has anyone found out if the coupon for the clothing stores is real?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Dastardly posted:

It's currently raining on route 14 for me, you could lend him to me for a second with a rare candy attached and I'll evolve him for you. You'll miss the evo scene though.
4613-6156-4661

Thanks, but I have no access to 3DS Wifi at the moment because my university is paranoid as hell. I'll just wait until Monday.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Oh GTS :allears:

Got them both for my spare Yveltal/Xerneas (which I got for my safari Braixens)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I'm twelve hours into my second playthrough where I decided to start with six eggs, and I've only just gotten to the first gym city. But now I have a half dozen level-one little tykes who are fully EV trained and will be my friends forever. :3:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

david puddy posted:

Oh GTS :allears:

Got them both for my spare Yveltal/Xerneas (which I got for my safari Braixens)

I'm crying irl

I want one so bad

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Zoran posted:

I'm twelve hours into my second playthrough where I decided to start with six eggs, and I've only just gotten to the first gym city. But now I have a half dozen level-one little tykes who are fully EV trained and will be my friends forever. :3:

I'm seeing "Second playthrough" a lot, but are people restarting their game fresh or is there something I don't know about?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Starting fresh. I asked a goon to transfer some eggs and utility Pokémon (like a Ditto) when I restarted.

Edit: The changes in the battle text when you're at max friendship are excellent. :3:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I finally got a real fight from passerby. It was actually satisfying to win :)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I found a shiny Pumpkaboo tonight, which is great because I think it syncs well with my other shiny, Barbaracle. The Battle Maison won't know what hit it.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Everything is hazardous when all the Pokémon on your team are level 1. My Fennekin nearly died to a Lv. 5 wild Burmy that only knew Protect.

He lived the second Struggle with 1 HP and the game said, "Fennekin is in a bit of a pinch. It looks like it might cry." It's okay, buddy. Way to pull through.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

boz posted:

If you can, put up a lvl 1 starter and request a legendary. Squirtle is how I got my Yveltal

Man, this is some poo poo. I put up a Bulbasaur, a Chespin, a Charmander (maybe I tried a Fennekin) and now a female Bulbasaur. Still no hits on Xerneas :argh: (Unless the Bulbasuar that I've had up for the last day and a half is gone, I'm at work so I haven't been able to check)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Yeah. I also put up a lvl 1 Bulbasaur (with Petal Dance) and still no luck with Xerneas. :(

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

myron cope posted:

Man, this is some poo poo. I put up a Bulbasaur, a Chespin, a Charmander (maybe I tried a Fennekin) and now a female Bulbasaur. Still no hits on Xerneas :argh: (Unless the Bulbasuar that I've had up for the last day and a half is gone, I'm at work so I haven't been able to check)
If you have access to a Charmeleon safari, catch one, level it 6 levels into a Charizard and infect it with Pokerus if you've got it.

That's how I got my GTS Yvetal. May have to do it again for a Zapdos and Moltres.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Well, I just had the whole legendary-catching event. Um...huh...

So when did Pokemon Games get so...uh...destructive? I mean, it's one thing to try and take over the world, but to mass genocide is a kind of hosed up goal for anybody, let alone muppets like Team Flare.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Just got a Trubbish off Wonder Trade named Kitty litter.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

The weirdest thing just happened.
I was Wonder Trading some Dittos, and after a few minutes I get a trading request. It was one of the guys I WT'ed, trying to give me back the Ditto I gave him.

I guess he was too emotionally attached to his Doduo. :wtc:

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Hah! After using Thief on every wild Cubone I ran into (and along the way a Kangaskahn!) I finally got myself a Thick Club. Now to finish my game with Team Cold Blooded. (seriously last team shuffle unless you guys think I should replace one of them with another lizard like 'mon)

Gank the Greninja
Gunk the Toxicroak
Skully the Cubone
Solana the Heliolisk
Nova the Charizard
Xochipilli the Venasaur

The only one I think I would consider changing out would be Charizard since I don't have the mega stone for it. I was thinking of switching it out for Aurorus and seeing what can be bred onto it that could benefit from Refrigerate.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

cancerianmoth posted:

Hah! After using Thief on every wild Cubone I ran into (and along the way a Kangaskahn!) I finally got myself a Thick Club. Now to finish my game with Team Cold Blooded. (seriously last team shuffle unless you guys think I should replace one of them with another lizard like 'mon)

Gank the Greninja
Gunk the Toxicroak
Skully the Cubone
Solana the Heliolisk
Nova the Charizard
Xochipilli the Venasaur

The only one I think I would consider changing out would be Charizard since I don't have the mega stone for it. I was thinking of switching it out for Aurorus and seeing what can be bred onto it that could benefit from Refrigerate.

Use whatever the hell you want, you can beat the elite 4 with literally anything

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

cancerianmoth posted:

(seriously last team shuffle unless you guys think I should replace one of them with another lizard like 'mon)

Replace all of them with six Mr. Mimes.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Would it be a dick move to make a team of 6 Wobbuffet to mess with passerbys?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Million Ghosts posted:

no worse than a team of 6 Prankster Wimiscotts with Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Substitute and Random move.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dang. Finally caught Zygarde. He's super cool looking! I was hoping to catch him in a Dusk Ball, but I ran out, so he's in an Ultra Ball instead. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was not expecting something like that. At least we get a rad looking 3rd legend after Kyurem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Million Ghosts posted:

No, gimmick teams are the best teams. Think of passerby battles as Dark Souls PvP; the real fun comes from confusing people.

My brother fought a guy the other day with a youngster icon. His team consisted of 3 kakunna and 3 metapod that just spammed harden :allears:

• Locked thread