Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

`Nemesis posted:

That actually (probably) is blood... that's exactly where the fire department hauled the driver out of the van before stuffing him in the ambulance. Are you more freaked out now? :)

You're not really helping much... haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I didn't even see the other car at first. I thought it had driven of of the roof there (looks like a parking garage)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's a video, but it's also extremely terrible and car-related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb496EZlUg8

Urge to kill... rising :argh:

Millenials don't hate cars or driving, they're goddamn broke, you self-important twee smartphone social media pop culture hipster jerkoff.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KozmoNaut posted:

Millenials don't hate cars or driving, they're goddamn broke, you self-important twee smartphone social media pop culture hipster jerkoff.

Tell that to all the "millenials" who go on about how cars are horrible environment destroying things and everyone should just get a bicycle and live in the city 1/4 mile from everything.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
If everyone lived in the city 1/4 mile from everything the sky-high real estate prices would put such a lifestyle (even more) out of the reach of the non-trustafarian youth.

For all the fluffery and romancing of city life, even that comes from a desire to be as close as possible to new job opportunities in a crap market when you're uncertain as hell about your current one (s).

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Modern young idiot-child yoofs want Johnny Cabs. Everyone else rolls their eyes and sighs in frustration, knowing they only have to listen to that poo poo until said yoofs have the financial wherewithal to afford cars, at which point they decide they're actually pretty cool things.

Pay them as much heed as you do the "there will never be an era of performance like the sixties musclecars ever again" crotchety old men.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PCOS Bill posted:

Tell that to all the "millenials" who go on about how cars are horrible environment destroying things and everyone should just get a bicycle and live in the city 1/4 mile from everything.

Well, they are horrible environment destroying things, just like a whole lot of other modern conveniences most westerners take for granted. But at the moment, they're the best or only option in a lot of places. Obviously we need to change that, but it's not going to happen with pie-in-the-sky ideas like this kid is spouting.

I kinda get where some of them are coming from, they're just speaking from the only experience they have, living close to everything they need and being able to take the bicycle or even public transport everywhere.

All they really suffer from is a lack of perspective. Some millenials have a decent outlook on life and have good reason for putting a lot of blame for the current state of the world on the baby boomer generation. Others, like the dumbass in the video, think that all they need to do is to come up with brilliant ideas, so other people can put them into action, and everything will be better. You can literally see through his expressions that his entire mindset is "there, now I've given you all the ideas to make a better world, now hustle along and get to work while I think up some more amazing ideas to blow your mind".

Ugh, I hate them all, both the slash-and-burn baby boomers and the hopelessly naive millenials.

The worst thing is that I used to be exactly like that, full of high-flying ideas. I even considered myself a libertarian and admired Penn & Teller etc. for their views. Then I grew the gently caress up, moved out and all of a sudden I had to take care of myself. That was a quite a wake-up call and a healthy dose of reality.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 20, 2013

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Do you remember when GM made terrible cars? Well in case you don't, General Motors' executive vice president of global product development and global purchasing and supply chain is here to remind you.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Throatwarbler posted:

Do you remember when GM made terrible cars? Well in case you don't, General Motors' executive vice president of global product development and global purchasing and supply chain is here to remind you.

Honestly? She couldn't/wouldn't name one?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/4293188

Ahhh...I guess it would have led to a far longer press conference/swamp trek.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 20, 2013

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

KozmoNaut posted:

We just went over the print article like 2 pages back in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502479&pagenumber=225&perpage=40#post420581940

e: URLS ARE HARD!!! (im bad at linking)

Phone fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 20, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Phone posted:

We just went over the print article like 2 pages back... in another thread.

Or in this thread, yeah.

Oh well. I still want to punch that dude.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Mansory kit on a 458 :barf: I can understand taking styling cues from other Ferrari models, but the Enzo???

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Worth noting the 'trim' behind the seats, too. Looks like they killed Charlie brown.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's such loving garbage. It makes me want to set up a company and do stuff actually properly.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

I hope their rates aren't very high :pirate:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Two types of flames, graphical and realistic, and hidden skulls in the flames on the hood.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

neckbeard posted:

Mansory kit on a 458 :barf: I can understand taking styling cues from other Ferrari models, but the Enzo???

Wow way to destroy the aero of the 458...

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Das Volk posted:

Wow way to destroy the aero of the 458...

People who buy that kit probably don't give a drat about aero.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kimcicle posted:

People who buy ferrari probably don't give a drat about aero.

The occupants are the embodiment of :smuggo:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Terrible IT stuff in this thread, seriously how bad do you have to be to gently caress that up? What was wrong with 10.?

I don't know. They had only just ditched Token Ring a handful of years before I for there in 2000. I don't think they really thought about the Internet, or RFCs when they designed the network. Whats more concerning is that it hasn't been fixed in 13 years, though any new networks and sinners are 10. The stumbling block is all the fixed IP printers and mainframes. No one wants to take responsibility for that.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Finally got the video of Ken Block being dumb and almost hitting spectators/marshals/photographers at the rally this weekend.
All of the amateur rally guys that I've talked to that have seen this can't believe he did what he did. This was one of the very few spectator areas in the whole rally as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t37sZuvDycI

Then, after that just down the road (less than a mile) he managed to flip his car what I was told seven times and destroyed it.

Rally has hard enough time in the USA as it is without this poo poo.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Did he just miss the corner, or did he do that all on purpose?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

G-Mach posted:

Finally got the video of Ken Block being dumb and almost hitting spectators/marshals/photographers at the rally this weekend.
All of the amateur rally guys that I've talked to that have seen this can't believe he did what he did. This was one of the very few spectator areas in the whole rally as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t37sZuvDycI

Then, after that just down the road (less than a mile) he managed to flip his car what I was told seven times and destroyed it.

Rally has hard enough time in the USA as it is without this poo poo.

Holy gently caress. I usually go to the LSPR but I skipped it this year due to scheduling conflicts. That is some gnarly poo poo for sure. Kinda upset I didn't get to see him roll though!

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
I didn't go this year either, but I've worked as a marshal in the past in some of the more remote stages. I've driven down a lot of the stages and there are places that you can really get hurt if you go off due to elevation changes and some of the roads are nothing but deep ravines with rock on either side.

What I've saying is that there are a lot of spots that if you go off the sweeper vehicles might not find you on their sweep runs. So when I see dumb poo poo like this I get mad.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
What an rear end in a top hat, seems like hitting reverse for like 10ft would have been safer and faster.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Welcome to Richmond.

obviously a troll... but still.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I don't really get the point of rolling "troll" cars.

Congratulations on driving a crappy car that you're making actively worse? I guess?

Maybe the joke just doesn't have as much lasting value for me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Welcome to Richmond.

obviously a troll... but still.

:confused: What the hell is going on here?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I can't hate this.

e: is that a chromed fire extinguisher bottle with the valve end cut off for a scoop?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This....is pretty cool. Its fairly clean, looks professional, its gimmicky sure, but its not terrible.

Till you lean on the roof mounted exhaust pipe and burn off your skin.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Cross posting from PYF
Wasn't sure if this belongs in here or the mechanical failures thread.

The floating blip is a fridge

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

freelop posted:

Cross posting from PYF
PYF horrible workplace accident?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

I'd never build anything like that if given the resources but I think it's pretty cool in a weird way.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This looks like it can legitimately do a backflip.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

How can you not love that? It's Automotive Insanity in its purest form. There is no reason to build a car that way, but they did it anyway because gently caress you.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I can't imagine driving this thing and not be screaming at the top of my lungs while doing it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Darchangel posted:

e: is that a chromed fire extinguisher bottle with the valve end cut off for a scoop?

Oh, my....I think you're right. That looks like a "PW" (pressurized water extinguisher) with the top lopped off.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
That Fiero doesn't belong in the same sentence as this thread. I love it, it is absolutely pants on head retarded but appears well built over all. Digging the over-the-roof exhaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
I just realized that's a fiero and not an old corvette. That makes it infinitely funnier. I thought it was just some dude with a corvette trying to mimic the old stingray sidepipes.