Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rickycat posted:

Aw man schizophrenics get a circle of friendship if they don't take a pills?

They get all the luck :(

Pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Does this mean Santa is schizophrenic?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
My Avatar: The Game

...Apparently.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Gus Hobbleton posted:

...Apparently.

You should take a pills [x]

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Is there a rhyme or reason to the icons behind the grenade logo used in the video thumbnails? Most times they're X's but sometimes they're skulls like this one.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Gus Hobbleton posted:

...Apparently.

You are what you eat.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dizz posted:

You are what you eat.
No wonder I'm such a dick.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

dijon du jour posted:

Not to mention how much of a pain in the rear end it is that the bottles only come with one pill in them. You're pretty much constantly refilling your prescriptions and running out of medication.

Thank god our flayed nurse eventually found us to take us to the drugstore and helpfully remind us to take our pills.

Dude was just chugging a bottle filled with pills everytime. I assume the madness thing is ripped straight out of Amnesia or that old Gamecube game where you could play as a Roman and fight skeletons but I like the idea of stuff going more crazy as you go insane.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The bathtub at the very least was ripped straight out of Eternal Darkness.

No joke, it's completely identical to Eternal Darkness, down to the lovely Poser model in a default pose in a prefab bathtub. But at least you could take a pills (x) in Schizophrenia, that feature really would've helped keep your sanity at optimal requiem levels in Eternal Darkness.

Kuuenbu
Nov 19, 2001

AE-35 Unit posted:

Is there a rhyme or reason to the icons behind the grenade logo used in the video thumbnails? Most times they're X's but sometimes they're skulls like this one.

The skull and crossbones I assume are for lovely Survival Horror, while the koosh bomb icons are for Failed FPS Games. X is everything else.

I myself am curious as to what a Putrid Platformer icon would be. Some kind of road sign thing, I guess.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Kuuenbu posted:

I myself am curious as to what a Putrid Platformer icon would be. Some kind of road sign thing, I guess.

Clearly the best design would be four Marios on the edge of a cliff.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

ChickenHeart posted:

Clearly the best design would be four Marios on the edge of a cliff.

Four Marios clipping through the edge of a cliff.

Alternatively a controller lodged in a butt, since for some reason every single one of these platformers seems to control like rear end.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Obviously the platformer icon would be Dontrel's face.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Some sorta attempt at a creepy pasta game. It's certainly unique, I'll give it that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iCFQNkm-S8

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I guess they forgot to take a pills (x)!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

dijon du jour posted:

Four Marios clipping through the edge of a cliff.

Alternatively a controller lodged in a butt, since for some reason every single one of these platformers seems to control like rear end.

Four bulbous, misshapen Sonics flying off the edge of a cliff.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The second time you play SpAce bLasTer, the capital letters spell out "SALT".

I'm sure that's very deep in a way I haven't figured out yet.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Suspicious Cook posted:

The second time you play SpAce bLasTer, the capital letters spell out "SALT".

I'm sure that's very deep in a way I haven't figured out yet.

Salt is identified in many cultures as a ward against evil or misfortune. Hence the practice of throwing spilled salt over your shoulder. The remaining letters are an anagram for 'saber pec'. Taken all together this obviously means that Lowtax missed the crucial bag of salt and muscle sword necessary to beat evil into submission and earn the good ending. The creator of this game clearly thought through all the angles.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Phoenixan fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 21, 2013

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

Null Byte posted:

What's the music in the Shop Till You Drop video?

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

el burbo posted:

Space Blaster

This could have been all right with a little more effort put into the presentation. I like the premise, plus the fact that it doesn't resort to jump-scares in its attempt to be scary.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Rocketlex posted:

This could have been all right with a little more effort put into the presentation. I like the premise, plus the fact that it doesn't resort to jump-scares in its attempt to be scary.

It would help a lot if they made the gameplay reflect the story at all instead of cutting away to some text.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It would help a lot if they made the gameplay reflect the story at all instead of cutting away to some text.

They should have let you shoot at the words; my immersion was ruined.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Rocketlex posted:

I agree. I also think it should have just stuck with the Defender clone bits rather than including news articles and the whole 3D bit.

Less is more, and all that.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I presume that the good ending is only available if you say 'no' to freeing the game. Though it's probably still a terrible ending quality wise.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The good end is when the Fatal Exception Error dialog box appears.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The bad end is when the game starts playing Dontrel the Dolphin version 1.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Pee-wee's Playhouse got kind of dark in its later seasons.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Suspicious Cook posted:

Pee-wee's Playhouse got kind of dark in its later seasons.

You said the secret word!!!!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
Pee-wee followed Chairy's advice and took a pills, and then they stopped talking to him.

"Magic Screen! Chairy! Don't you want to be my friends anymore?"

He slumped down on Chairy and realized he was all alone.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weey97hgrAE

WARNING: This game contains evil content, viewer discretion is advised. The game is also lovely.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I was just about to suggest that Lowtax and Shmorky play EVIL! It's so delightfully stupid.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

At last, a game that brings you the true horror of being forced to watch someone's kid's home videos.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

mwells_cubed posted:

WARNING: This game contains evil content, viewer discretion is advised. The game is also lovely.

Am I crazy, or did another goon play/mock this game already? I seem to recall the flying poofy baby-heads and the horrible screeching voiceovers.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

ChickenHeart posted:

Am I crazy, or did another goon play/mock this game already? I seem to recall the flying poofy baby-heads and the horrible screeching voiceovers.

SuperGreatFriend played it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

ChickenHeart posted:

I think Supergreatfriend played a few games from the "creator" of this "masterpiece", and each is further up its own rear end than the next.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

You missed Slenderman! I wonder if all awful horror games end with slenderman now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mwells_cubed posted:

All that shrieking towards the end, was that Monty Python as interpreted by PewDiePie?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

All that shrieking towards the end, was that Monty Python as interpreted by PewDiePie?

It did sound a bit Pepperpot-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liandar
Feb 2, 2011

mwells_cubed posted:

Oh god, that video at the end, was it actually made out of videos from this youtube channel?

• Locked thread