Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Well I have to say I don't get it, so tell me because I'm dumb please :downs:

e.

Thanks, I noticed the H2O part but I wasn't able to put it like that. Good one :golfclap:

vvv

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

what are you up to?

(water u up 2)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Oh, I thought it was H2OUup2.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

Oh, I thought it was H2OUup2.

I bet that car doesn't last very long, then.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Lotish posted:

You are a king in my book.

So earlier I posted that whenever I have my mic plugged in, my character constantly moves his mouth like he's babbling and people complain of noise through the in-game chat, even if I have the microphone turned off. So I went and bought a new headset just to see if that was the problem, but it's still happening. Anyone know what could be causing that? It only happens in the in-game chat; Xbox party and private message chat isn't affected, which is why I think it's game specific.

Have you gotten in game with every setting available set to off? Like have you made sure your xbox doesn't think anything is plugged in at all and it still happens? What about in game chat for other games. If not then I'd contact rockstar

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
You know what would be great? If you could steal a taxi and complete taxi fares in free roam. Sure, sometimes it would be boring but they could maybe put a subtle indicator on the map to let others know you're doing fares and that might influence people to come gently caress with you. GTA Online Crazy Taxi Edition.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Sundowner posted:

You know what would be great? If you could steal a taxi and complete taxi fares in free roam. Sure, sometimes it would be boring but they could maybe put a subtle indicator on the map to let others know you're doing fares and that might influence people to come gently caress with you. GTA Online Crazy Taxi Edition.

Love this idea.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Anyone wanna add my gt currently stuck in the bad sport lobbies for a while looking for some people to hook up with and ruin pubbies cars and races.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Pleads posted:

They need to add a way to specify race options when joining a random race. I just want GTA races but I always end up in normal ones with people farming boring supercar lap races or super tryhards who freak out when I rub up on 'em a little. :(

I totally agree - I was in a Down the Drain race that was GTA on motorcycles. It was the most fun I've had in a race yet.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Kelly posted:

I totally agree - I was in a Down the Drain race that was GTA on motorcycles. It was the most fun I've had in a race yet.

I just want to do that race in Mini Coopers and just try to do loop-de-loops in the tunnel.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
TraumaQ on 360. Finally got logged in and down for missions, races, whatever.

Send me a msg

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Dewgy posted:

Jesus christ shut up about this unacceptable bullshit. It's a video game. "Unacceptable" is when the bank forecloses on the wrong house, "unacceptable" is when a game fries your other saves or hardware, "unacceptable" is when you get a package from UPS that's been mangled.

This is bog standard launch issues combined with Frankensteining MMO frameworks on top of the RAGE engine. It's loving amazing that this game even works as it is, and yes, it's pretty acceptable to me that a company that has never launched an MMO or large scale online game of any kind is having problems with their infrastructure in the first month for the best selling game EVER. I'm way the gently caress over it because the game is fun and the server issues haven't stopped me from having fun.

If it's so god drat unacceptable, stop accepting it and play something else for a month you entitled baby. This isn't the loving Consumerist.

Why does this thread make for some of the whiniest people on SA?

Actually, characters not being saved is pretty unacceptable, and me spending 64 dollars on this game gives me the right to use that word. Feel free to be a big boy and ignore my posts if you are this offended by my use of the words. Sorry bud

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Okay so I've got the hang of turbo starts, but why the hell do people in the same car as me go faster than me? I'll be the only one to turbo start and be mini maps ahead of everyone else, but suddenly someone in the exact same car as me goes zooming by. I'm taking the turns on the inside lane and not slowing down at all or anything. What gives?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Sundowner posted:

I had the exact idea the other day during a taxi ride.

You could choose from players who are ranked. It would be really easy to police it. Good job. Idea too, I love the idea of paying others for services.

I had an air taxi idea when i was sticking up liquor stores with a heli.

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Okay so I've got the hang of turbo starts, but why the hell do people in the same car as me go faster than me? I'll be the only one to turbo start and be mini maps ahead of everyone else, but suddenly someone in the exact same car as me goes zooming by. I'm taking the turns on the inside lane and not slowing down at all or anything. What gives?

Character skill.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Are you sure they are not using a custom vehicle? Slip stream as well could be happening. If you find people that were behind you just shooting right by.

all apologies fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 20, 2013

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Have you ever heard of drafting?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Could be a number of things. Catchup could be on, or it could just be that the people behind you are drafting behind each other and getting to you faster

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Slipstreaming. If someone is behind you they can ride in your slipstream which speeds them up and makes them go faster than they normally would be able to as long as they ride in it, as soon as they leave it they slow back down to their maximum speed. There's also the possibility they have the exact same car as a custom car and have the engine, transmission and turbo modified.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lotish posted:

So earlier I posted that whenever I have my mic plugged in, my character constantly moves his mouth like he's babbling and people complain of noise through the in-game chat, even if I have the microphone turned off. So I went and bought a new headset just to see if that was the problem, but it's still happening. Anyone know what could be causing that? It only happens in the in-game chat; Xbox party and private message chat isn't affected, which is why I think it's game specific.

I had the same thing happening to me; it seems to have just randomly stopped though, so I don't have any insight into what fixed it. :iiam:

I'm poor and/or waiting for the stimulus bucks so I only have a two-car garage at the moment. If I buy a BMX bicycle off the ingame webisite what, if anything, happens to the two cars I currently have stored? Riding a bike around like an idiot while people have helicopters and souped up supercars seems like it might be fun, but not fun enough to nuke one of my two stupid videogame cars I've spent all my funbux on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

a kitten posted:

If I buy a BMX bicycle off the ingame webisite what, if anything, happens to the two cars I currently have stored?

Bicycles hang on hooks and don’t take up car space. The ten‐car garage can hold three bicycles. I don’t know about the others.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Slipstreaming. If someone is behind you they can ride in your slipstream which speeds them up and makes them go faster than they normally would be able to as long as they ride in it, as soon as they leave it they slow back down to their maximum speed. There's also the possibility they have the exact same car as a custom car and have the engine, transmission and turbo modified.

I'm guessing it's the mod thing or skill. My skill is commuter and the slip stream doesn't really explain it because I'm so far ahead of everyone and it's just one guy catching up to me separate from the pack.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Bicycles hang on hooks and don’t take up car space. The ten‐car garage can hold three bicycles. I don’t know about the others.

:aaaaa: Are you loving serious? I need to go buy some loving bikes!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

MrJacobs posted:

:aaaaa: Are you loving serious? I need to go buy some loving bikes!

I just ordered it and while it didn't hang on the wall, it is parked nicely on the floor in front of and slightly to the side of my two cars. (probably varies by garage/apartment) Time to pedal around town like a doofus. :dance:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Emergent and accidental trolling is the best. Finally saw an armored car spawn while I was trundling around downtown in a full tractor trailer, so I haul over to where it is and shove it around for a bit while a pubbie tries to shoot at me and shoot the armored car doors open. Eventually I kill myself with a poorly thrown sticky, so I hijack a new car and catch up again. Land a sticky right on the doors and blow them just as the pubbie pulls up to try shooting the doors open again. Explosion destroys his (non-personal) car and leaves $12k for me to pick up in the street.

As I'm making my escape from 3-stars, he challenges me to a 1-on-1 deathmatch and I ignore it. Then he sends an angry text. I lose the cops and make my way to my garage to save the car I stole because it ended up being decent for a Coupe (Oracle?). He texts me again accusing me of hiding from him, but I get the message as I'm walking out of my house. I find he'd followed me, so I kill him in his car and then shoot out the tires before retiring to my garage again to find a race to do.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Lotish posted:

Do you have a Kinect? Mine was auto set as default and would broadcast everything to the world until I disabled the mic on it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

No, no kinect. I'm looking for my spare controllers to see if it's somehow the controller, because I've checked everything else I can think of, but my kids have destroyed or absconded with them as best as I can tell.

The Oid
Jul 15, 2004

Chibber of worlds

Eriic posted:

Most, if not all large open-world games have bugs that can have an outrageous effect on the game.

This game is arguably the biggest open-world game to date and also has the most ambitious multiplayer component that I am aware of, so it's really not surprising that there are issues with it,

Agreed. Open world games are massive, and extremely non-linear, which makes it impossible to find all the bugs before release. Online games are even more complicated.

If 5 million people play a game for an hour, that's 5 million man hours of testing the game has just received, which is orders of magnitude more than that game ever received during development.

Imagine you have a crash or other serious bug that only happens once in every (non consecutive) thousand hours of play. It'll probably only happen a few times in development, but once your game is out there getting hammered by millions of people, it'll get encountered all the time.

GTA V sold much more than 5 million copies, and has been played for many more hours.

I do think it's a bit weird that the game doesn't cache unsaved data in your save game when the cloud is down, but it's probably to avoid savegame editing exploits.

Sundowner posted:

That'd be a great idea. I wonder if temporarily banning people from the taxi service for killing player taxi drivers would be enough to stop it turning into an easy kill? Given that people tend to just open fire on any player they see, there'd have to be a pretty big inventive or disincentive to stop people doing that.

The Oid fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 21, 2013

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Platystemon posted:

I could have sworn there's 6 bike rack spots in my 10 car apt/garage. the 270k one

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
There are six visible slots, but it prompts you to replace once you try to buy more than three.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

There's another car selling money glitch. Again.

:allears:

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I'm sorry for blowing up your cargobob, Thrax35. The missile didn't have a lock-on and all the sudden it jackknifed up and hit you without any indicator of a lock-on to you. I felt like a huge rear end in a top hat. :( But I guess karma has a way of finding you in GTA, because another goon accidentally blew me up with his buzzard trying to shoot a pubbie a few minutes later!

Edit: God drat the buzzard is fun. Had a pubbie hiding in the hangar at sandy shores airfield trying to get away from goon air superiority. I hovered a few inches off the ground and fired a missile right into the hangar. Smoked his rear end. :clint:

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 21, 2013

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

There's another car selling money glitch. Again.

:allears:

Does it still use the store switching to make it work?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Does it still use the store switching to make it work?

Character swapping this time, which means no private session and a possibility of getting interrupted.

Still works with supercars like the Adder.

e. Just go to Free Aim lobbies, nobody plays with that aiming system. Or traditional GTA maybe :)

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 21, 2013

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

If anyone wants to trade PS3 race wins, I'll be on for a couple hours, starting now - faktory4. I don't have voice, so start it up and I'll let you get the first win. I'll be down to trade wins for about two hours. Want them mods :unsmigghh:

me your dad fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 21, 2013

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Last night I had easily my best moment in free roam with pubbies. I got a CargoBob at the airstrip and proceeded to stalk and murder everyone. Killing players that have bounty's on them by crunching them into the ground with the CargoBob is hilarious.

At one point I hooked a player in his bright blue custom truck and took him for a ride around the mountains. After giving him a nice tour I then got to the highest altitude I could get to and then unhooked his truck. He dropped from the sky and landed right in the middle of the Alamo Sea.

I couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 minutes.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
How exactly do you hook up a car to the cargobob? I tried multiple times and failed miserably :(

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

How exactly do you hook up a car to the cargobob? I tried multiple times and failed miserably :(
Press -> and the hook comes down. Hover directly over the car and hope for the best. - I'd been practicing on my own in the middle of no where and it's really random when it decides it wants to hook the vehicle. - Sometimes flying down and onto the vehicle works, sometimes just hovering over it hooks, it's really random I've noticed. Does anybody have a better technique?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Where do you see your bad sport rating? I accidentally blew up someone's car today and it told me to stop doing it "or else" which makes me think I'm close to being a Bad Sport. I can't see it in stats or on the choose character screen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

JAssassin posted:

Where do you see your bad sport rating? I accidentally blew up someone's car today and it told me to stop doing it "or else" which makes me think I'm close to being a Bad Sport. I can't see it in stats or on the choose character screen.

On your stats page it will say "clean player" or something else. I don't know if it says anything before bad sport to let you know you're close. Just do some missions without blowing anyone up and you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

On your stats page it will say "clean player" or something else. I don't know if it says anything before bad sport to let you know you're close. Just do some missions without blowing anyone up and you'll be fine.

Dodgy Player is the step before Bad Sport

• Locked thread