Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Anyone interested in finding out whats in my friend safari for me? FC is 0748-2788-0404.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Woo, one of my Safari friends has Spiritomb! Now I need to figure out how to make Igotarock awesome in a gen which handed it a fairy vulnerability and special sweepers a solid fairy move (seems like a lot of folks get moon blast). In time for Halloween, of course.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bruceski posted:

Woo, one of my Safari friends has Spiritomb! Now I need to figure out how to make Igotarock awesome in a gen which handed it a fairy vulnerability and special sweepers a solid fairy move (seems like a lot of folks get moon blast). In time for Halloween, of course.

You should let me and your Safari friend get to know each other with a friendcode, cuz I need a 'tomb too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Volt Catfish posted:

You should let me and your Safari friend get to know each other with a friendcode, cuz I need a 'tomb too.

It's one of the goons from the Kid Icarus multiplayer shenanigans back when that happened, 3DS name M©. No clue what his username is or friend code, my battery just died and I can't access the charger until tomorrow.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Just got to Victory Road and I can't stop laughing at the dramatic camera pans across Lickitung every time one pops up. Such a vulgar beast. :3:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Just got to Victory Road and I can't stop laughing at the dramatic camera pans across Lickitung every time one pops up. Such a vulgar beast. :3:

Lickitung and Greninja are the reason this game is on the 3DS. Giant tongues flopping around in 3D

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So apparently Tyrauntrum learns Horn Drill at level 53... but it doesn't even have horns :psyduck:

Wouldn't something like Guillotine have made more sense?
edit: Or hell, Fissure.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

poo poo, I ran away from Mewtwo. :( Does he respawn or did I just screw myself over?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Splash Attack posted:

poo poo, I ran away from Mewtwo. :( Does he respawn or did I just screw myself over?

After Final Four you can reface him iirc

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So Gourgeist, how do I know mines a fat palooka or a string bean easily? I love the design but the internet seems dull on this one.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Splash Attack posted:

If you run away from/faint interactable Pokemon (mostly legendaries but also counts the Snorlax on the bridge), you can reset their appearances and get them to come back by giving the Elite Four another fight. No clue how this works for Yveltal or Xerneas though?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

nerdbot posted:

No clue how this works for Yveltal or Xerneas though?

Maybe there are places you go to refight them? I know there was a really sparkly room at the bottom of the reflection cave that looked like a place Xerneas would hang out, but then again the Alakazamite was there so maybe that's all it was for.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Well poo poo, I missed Shiny Giratina. I didn't realize it was still up.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone come across an iron ball in the game?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

Maybe there are places you go to refight them? I know there was a really sparkly room at the bottom of the reflection cave that looked like a place Xerneas would hang out, but then again the Alakazamite was there so maybe that's all it was for.

Maybe they go to the Chamber of Emptiness? That would explain some things.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

For those embarking on breeding, even though the Day Care guy doesn't call out to you any more if there is an egg to pick up, he DOES turn around from facing the fence to facing the road instead. It's a little less effortless, but at least there is a cue to notify you to stop and talk to him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

nerdbot posted:

If you run away from/faint interactable Pokemon (mostly legendaries but also counts the Snorlax on the bridge), you can reset their appearances and get them to come back by giving the Elite Four another fight. No clue how this works for Yveltal or Xerneas though?

They stay in the same place you find them. If you want to you can run to the Pokémon centre, deposit a Pokémon, and then try to catch it again.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm tens of pages behind on the thread but I just wanted to pop in to talk about the ultimate HM slaves. Some people say Bibarel and Hawlucha, but it's actually Lapras and Skarmory.
Lapras for that sweet surf animation and waterfall, strengt and rock smash. And skarmory learns fly, cut and flash, which is bascially a free repel and zoom out in caves. :getin:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

So it seems that unlike previous wandering legendaries, the birds aren't locked in at some early point that makes them incredibly impractical/impossible to reset for good stats on. Saved in the Sea Spirit's Den, caught Zapdos twice, and got two completely different natures and IV spreads. Don't think it's been mentioned anywhere in here, so if anyone cares about getting a good bird, here's confirmation that it's possible to reset for one.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Anybody have the Fletchling line in their friend safari? I really want to make a gale wing Talonflame

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Ruggington posted:

Anybody have the Fletchling line in their friend safari? I really want to make a gale wing Talonflame

I've got Fletchinder in mine, my ID is on the first page if you want to add me.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Check out the spreadsheet and ctrl+f for Fletchinder. A quick glance indicated at least 5 goons on the list with Fletchinder in their safaris.

edit: welp beaten kinda

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Does anyone have any Battle Institute strategies?

I'm pretty much getting battered around once my enemies start using legendaries... (and am getting really angry at not being able to transfer/use my own)

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So I've been messing around with this gen's new breeding gimmick of having the female pass on its pokeball to the offspring. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work at all with the Ditto I caught in a Luxury Ball and my male Tyrantrum. I've been able to get the trick to work with any other combo sans Ditto though, but since some Pokemon are only available in normal pokeball to begin with is there any way to get them in a special ball without the use of Ditto? I just want a Tyrantrum (and maybe a few other older starters) in Luxury Balls with egg moves.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Emalde posted:

Does anyone know how to register Favorite Clothes? Using the X menu in the changing rooms doesn't seem to do anything.

Are you in a PokeCenter change room? I just tried it in one of the shops, but the option wasn't there. Ran the to PokeCenter next door and it showed up there.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If your counter involves sacrificing your Mega spot to kill one guy there's a problem :/

The issue with stuff like Aqua Jet is that if Blaziken is using Substitute over Protect you just kill his sub, then he kills you. You also can't get in something like a prankster thunder wave to mess him up if a sub is up.

Sub/Protect
Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick

If he managed to get Swords dance off then a Sub out, there's really not much you can do to stop it other than wait for it to kill itself with missed kicks and flare blitz recoil.

If that's the set you are planning for, Flash Fire Chandelure takes no damage from any of that and could be a decent threat in its own right.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Onean posted:

Are you in a PokeCenter change room? I just tried it in one of the shops, but the option wasn't there. Ran the to PokeCenter next door and it showed up there.

Thank you!

I hadn't even thought about that.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tornhelm posted:

I've got Fletchinder in mine, my ID is on the first page if you want to add me.

Adding you now, thanks dude

2019-9655-6466

E:

BattleCake posted:

Check out the spreadsheet and ctrl+f for Fletchinder. A quick glance indicated at least 5 goons on the list with Fletchinder in their safaris.

Will do next time I'm looking for anything specific

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 21, 2013

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Where do you find the various breeding items? I haven't found any.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Has gyro ball always hit pokemon using dig? Because my doublade just destroyed a dugtrio when I was expecting a miss.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

Has gyro ball always hit pokemon using dig? Because my doublade just destroyed a dugtrio when I was expecting a miss.

That would be No Guard doing that.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My best Pokefriends. :3:

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

The species determining parent is the only one who can pass down hidden abilities.

Thanks for this, it's a great way for remembering it.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Harlock posted:

My best Pokefriends. :3:

I want to call you a monster for not using your initial starter in the E4 (it just feels right some how) but I feel less attached to this generation's starters for some reason :geno:.

It's not that they are bad designs or anything, I actually like all of them now despite initially disliking them but for some reason I just don't feel super attached to my Greninja the way I felt attached to my Feraligatr. On the other hand I feel super attached to my Tyrantrum, maybe it's the overload of pokemon this time around?

edit: Someone had a list of all the varying regions and what kind of Vivillions they resulted in, can anyone repost/link it?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

BattleCake posted:

edit: Someone had a list of all the varying regions and what kind of Vivillions they resulted in, can anyone repost/link it?

Here you go.

I got a surprisingly low amount of poo poo Pokémon after wonder trading all those Torchics last night; on the other hand, japanese Charmeleon and Tyrunt with Pokérus. :monocle:

Everyone got a Nice!, but those two guys really earned it!

Pentaro fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 21, 2013

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Thanks! Looks like I've got a Polar pattern. So if I understand correctly, all Scatterbugs I catch will evolve into my region's Vivillion Pattern right? If that's the case, anybody needs the Polar Vivillion, add my FC (3325-2608-7355) and PM or email me (vgcake@gmail.com) I'll throw you a Scatterbug.

edit: vvvvv That's a good point, I got way too excited like a little kid about Mega Charizard. Hell, I even picked up Abomasnow purely by virtue of liking the design of the Mega Evolution. On the subject of Mega Evolution, it feels like more less-popular pokemon should have gotten it as a big of a leg up, rather than (or in addition to) already established and powerful 'mons like Garchomp and Gyarados. Smogon seems to suggest that Mawile is a pretty underwhelming pokemon but with the introduction of its Mega Evolution, it seems much more popular and much better if only in the single player game. Maybe I'm the only one but Mega Farfetch'd as some kind of badass duck-ronin with a leek-blade would have been cool to see :kamina:.

BattleCake fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 21, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BattleCake posted:

I want to call you a monster for not using your initial starter in the E4 (it just feels right some how) but I feel less attached to this generation's starters for some reason :geno:.

It's not that they are bad designs or anything, I actually like all of them now despite initially disliking them but for some reason I just don't feel super attached to my Greninja the way I felt attached to my Feraligatr. On the other hand I feel super attached to my Tyrantrum, maybe it's the overload of pokemon this time around?

The lack of Mega Evolution really means your first start doesn't feel very 'special.' It's the big new mechanic and you get 2-3 Pokemon (including Starters from previous generations) who can use it and feel more 'special.'

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Cross posting from the trading thread:

I've also managed to breed Adamant Honedge's with a perfect IV for HP, but I don't know where to go from here. If anyone has a Ditto safari or Honedge safari please add me: 0104-0347-8369

Also appreciated would be some advice on what to do about generations. Are there the same breeding items as there are in B/W - the bracelets and all that?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah I feel like they actually gave out too many Big Things, you see a LOT of pokemon repeated as E4 winners:

Your starter
The next starter you get
The Torchic you get for free
The Lucario you get for free that can go mega
The guaranteed cover legendary

My party had all 5 of these guys in there :shobon: it just felt wrong to dump a starter, I needed Yvelteal because I still didn't have something with Fly, and the sixth slot was Tyranitar because gently caress yea Tyranitar.

That plus XP share meant all of these guys were in the 70s by the time I was over, even though I wasn't even using some of them. Everyone's EVs get maxed out really quick thanks to XP share too, even if they weren't exactly in stats I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there a place to see which Pokemon can have what abilities? I'm trying to get a dope rear end Gengar.

• Locked thread