Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's just an expression :v:
The ref wasn't good in this game. But Club Brugge wasn't good either, and that's why they lost the game.

In completely unrelated news, I wanted to go to the CL game between Anderlecht and PSG, but it is near imossible to buy a ticket. There are like 1000 restricitons and rules to follow. Jeez.

EDIT: and now I read that PSG hooligans plan to meet up with Anderlecht hooligans. Good job I guess?

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

uXs posted:

To be fair? Giving a red card to one player instead of another is fair?
No, but it is understandable. If a bunch of Club players have been playing dirty all game - Mechele and Odjidja got off easy, I hear - then you know what way a ref's going to fall when he's in doubt. It's not fair, actually, but it's always going to go that way.

belgend posted:

No, he went in for a tackle, saw he was too late and tried to stop himself, didn't even really hit the lad. In every decent league that'd just be a free kick.
That's what you can see from video replays, yes, but from the ref's POV it looks like a desperate attempt to take him down. Unless we start video-reffing, calls like this are going to happen.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

R. Mute posted:

No, but it is understandable. If a bunch of Club players have been playing dirty all game - Mechele and Odjidja got off easy, I hear - then you know what way a ref's going to fall when he's in doubt. It's not fair, actually, but it's always going to go that way.

Yes, Club players were playing dirty all game. I mean look at this:

Oh, wait.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I didn't say Kortrijk didn't play dirty.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Luc Wouters is an incompetent buffoon, this is known by pretty much everyone that follows Belgian football. I find it truly baffling that he is still allowed to officiate at the top level.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Results

Anderlecht 0-5 PSG

Genk 1-1 Rapid Wien
Red Bull 2-1 Standard
Waregem 1-3 Maribor

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

This won't go down well.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

This won't go down well.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

What refs are worse: Belges or Scots?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Perfect.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
I didn't see any of the JPL matches so far. So, how many of all those red cards in this weekend (I lost count) were actually correct?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Not as many as you'd expect, but you would expect Willems to have seen a second yellow in the past few minutes. Bah.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Goddamn loving Bossut

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

no loving luck

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Jupiler Pro League: No one actually wants to win

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

shameful play by charleroi

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Shameful, shameful. poo poo ref, poo poo Charleroi thugs, poo poo game. *stomps around the room*

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Well that happened

Gent 1-1 Cercle (0-1)
Lierse 0-2 Oostende (0-0)
Waasland 0-2 Lokeren (0-2)
Mechelen 4-2 OHL (1-1)
Mons 0-1 Kortrijk (0-1)
Club 0-2 Genk (0-1)
Anderlecht 1-1 Standard (1-1)
Waregem 1-1 Charleroi (1-0)

NEXT WEEK

WEDNESDAY (wednesday??? there's a cup match??? NO)

Genk - Kortrijk
Oostende - Anderlecht
Charleroi - Mechelen
Waregem - Gent
OHL - Mons
Lokeren - Lierse

THURSDAY

Standard - Waasland
Cercle - Club

SATURDAY

Anderlecht - OHL
Kortrijk - Oostende
Mechelen - Waregem
Lierse - Charleroi
Mons - Genk

SUNDAY

Gent - Standard
Club - Lokeren
Waasland - Cercle

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

RIP GLENN DE BOECK, you left Cercle and then it turned out you were shite.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

hail satan

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Club Brugge 2013-14: I have no striker and I must score

Standard 2-2 Waasland (1-1)
Cercle Brugge 2-0 Club (1-0)
Genk 1-0 Kortrijk (0-0)
Lokeren 1-0 Lierse (1-0)
Charleroi 2-2 Mechelen (0-0)
OHL 2-2 Mons (2-2)
Waregem 3-2 Gent (1-1)
Oostende 0-3 Anderlecht (0-1)

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Y'know, I'm happy about all of this because it gives Zulte a chance to gain some ground, but I'm pretty sure it'll just end up with Anderlecht winning the league somehow.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

It's called "wacky winter season refs"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/131101_Sissoko

haha

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Lmao, on their own programme as well.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/131102_supporters_club_training

club brugge fans.flv

'nog één foto'tje joeng!'

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Lmao, is Van den Brom serious with only 2 attacking players against OHL

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Almost halfway :q: (and the playoffs)

Anderlecht 3-1 OHL (2-0)
Mons 2-3 Genk (0-1)
Mechelen 2-2 Waregem (0-0)
Kortrijk 2-0 Oostende (2-0)
Lierse 2-1 Charleroi (0-0)
Gent 0-1 Standard (0-0)
Club 1-0 Lokeren (1-0)
Waasland 0-1 Cercle (0-0)

NEXT WEEK

TUESDAY

PSG B - Anderlecht

THURSDAY

Standard - Salzburg
Maribor - Waregem
Wien - Genk

FRIDAY

Lokeren - Mechelen

SATURDAY

Oostende - Mons
Charleroi - Gent
OHL - Lierse
Cercle - Kortrijk

SUNDAY

Standard - Club
Genk - Anderlecht
Waregem - Waasland

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/131105_Peeters_WB

this is a good idea

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

:lol: They'll never learn

ALSO ANDERLECHT DIDNT gently caress UP!!!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Anderlecht beats PSG 1-1 :wow:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

As predicted:

"Iedereen heeft iets extra's gegeven. Als coach kun je niet meer wensen", zegt John van den Brom.

"Dat lukte, we deden zelfs beter. We gaan hier bijna met de zege naar huis. Ik denk dat we konden winnen als ze niet meteen die gelijkmaker maken."

"Onze aanvallers waren vandaag onze beste verdedigers, ze hebben het ons achterin makkelijk gemaakt. Maar goed, tegen zulke ploegen moet je met zijn elven verdedigen. We zijn heel gelukkig." - 'we parked the bus hooray for us'

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh, in case you haven't heard it already. Club Brugge found a new way to whine about referees. They now whine that the ref is biased against them and makes wrong calls before the game is even played. Well done Club, well done.

They literally published a statement on their official website that the ref for sundays game is bad and biased against them. I'm typing this out because I love how ridiculous this is.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I for one am completely in favor. Belgian referees are incompetent assholes and he is one of the worst.

About time they complained about it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I think it's stupid and Brugge only did it so if when they lose, they can blame the ref again and say: "WE TOLD YOU SO".

Every call he makes sunday will be analyzed to death, those mindgames probably will get in his head and he'll be afraid to make calls. Afterwards Brugge will complain he wasn't harsh enough, and Standard will complain he was too harsh. Or vice versa.

And while I think Filip Joos is a huge idiot, I do agree with him on this occassion. In a column, he stated that Brugge went way too far. A ref has to be neutral, how can you be neutral after an article like that? And what can the Voetbalbond (is there an English word for this?) do? If they appoint another referee, they basically agree with Club. If they do nothing, everyone will over-analyze every decision and Boucaut will have a bad game.

EDIT: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/131107_Joos_over_Club

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 7, 2013

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

beedeebee posted:

Voetbalbond (is there an English word for this?)
FA, no?

Anyway, easy solution: shower both Club and Standard in red cards. No dissent will be tolerated. :commissar:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

R. Mute posted:

Also, Kljestan still looks like a paedophile.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/07/zlatan-insult-terrible-moustache-psg-anderlecht

Right on, Zlatan

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

quote:

25/04 VOETBAL BINNENLAND Scheidsrechtersbaas Robert Jeurissen laat Alexandre Boucaut een tijdje geen wedstrijden meer fluiten van Anderlecht. Na de hevige kritiek op Boucauts wedstrijdleiding in Zulte-Anderlecht, wil de Centrale Scheidsrechterscommissie (CSC) voorkomen dat paars-wit hen wraakt. Dat schrijft Het Nieuwsblad.
Volgens Jeurissen heeft Anderlecht geen verzoek ingediend bij de CSC om Boucaut te wraken. "Ik heb niets ontvangen. Maar ik ga wel vermijden dat Boucaut voor de komende wedstrijden van Anderlecht wordt aangeduid. We willen niet provoceren na wat er afgelopen weekend gebeurd is.

Geen uitsluitsel

Al kan ik niet uitsluiten dat hij dit seizoen nog een wedstrijd van Anderlecht fluit, ook al zijn er nog maar vijf speeldagen te gaan in Play-Off I", verklaarde de scheidsrechtersbaas.

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/42282/Scheidsrechter_Boucaut_krijgt_kritiek_na_Roemeense_topper#ixzz2jys3XaN5

And Filip Joos should probably shut the gently caress up:

http://www.gva.be/sport/voetbal/voetbal-binnenland/filip-joos-vier-wedstrijden-als-voetballer-geschorst-wegens-wangedrag.aspx

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Club were a bit over the top about it but Boucaut is a registered poo poo Ref, even for Pro League standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Remember the Anderlecht breakdown last year when they lost at Zulte in the play-offs and it looked like the title was slipping away from them? Van den Brom and Nuytinck literally said "This ref has it in for us". (Which is totally okay by Joos' standards, because it was after the game)

Guess which referee they were talking about.

Go on, guess.

• Locked thread