Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 382 days!
snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
can anyone guess where this is going?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
dudes middle name is link.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

at least the script has nice, professional formatting

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Why film in Oregon? Simply put, Oregon is a virtual Hyrule!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Link nods sharply and gives a smirk.

oh god they want to make him a mute don't they

wait maybe not

quote:

you will also get a 30 minute Skype call from Link himself! In costume or not, the choice is yours! Any topic, within reason, is fair game, so get thinking!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

All we can do is hope that Miyamoto will be as excited to see what we can do with Hyrule as we are to show him.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Werthog 95 posted:

Why film in Oregon? Simply put, Oregon is a virtual Hyrule!

wow

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

isn't "courtesy of" supposed to mean that the owner gave permission to use the image? somebody get blackula in here

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

my guess would be a cease and desist order.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

golgo13sf posted:

my guess would be a cease and desist order.

that's mine as well

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
TWO THOUSAND, SEVEN HUNDRED, AND FORTY NINE DOLLARS

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
REGULAR PRICE WILL BE $1000 GREATER THAN THAT

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Christ, I'm sure it's easier to build one by yourself for a fraction of the cost

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

oh well that explains everything

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

now im imagining comically large circuits if that drawing was to scale

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i'm just glad they're finally bringing the fun of using your laptop in full sunlight into the home!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

"Mirror, Mirror, In my hand.. Who's the spergest of the land?"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

take back your morning.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
i generally try to NOT get fingerprints all over my mirror so i dont think im the target demographic

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
raspberry pi spotted in the "professional workshop"

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Migishu posted:

Christ, I'm sure it's easier to build one by yourself for a fraction of the cost

it might very well be

very often mass production of electronics is not actually cheaper per-unit. especially after you include the fixed costs. it just lets you poo poo out more units faster

it may literally be cheaper to pay a bunch of canadian engineers to assemble prototypes with hand soldering in a workshop, but they can only make 100 of them before they all hang themselves because manufacturing sucks

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it may literally be cheaper to pay a bunch of canadian engineers to assemble prototypes with hand soldering in a workshop, but they can only make 100 of them before they all hang themselves because manufacturing sucks

hire ex-rim employees, it's five steps up for them

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

doobie's dogs is turning into doobie's disaster surprise surprise

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TOOT BOOT posted:

doobie's dogs is turning into doobie's disaster surprise surprise

i dunno, maybe not :shrug:

Noni posted:

To elaborate on what SoundMonkey said, he still has much of the money we gave him, only it's earmarked for operating expenses, things left to buy, supply contracts, etc. But this total budget was to include $5k of his own money from draining a meager 401k or something. Only he found out that the payout won't come for a month. Rather than reduce his budget or eat up the money set aside for operating costs, he wants to get an SBA loan.

The worst case scenario here is that the dog house opens a month later than planned.

Or that's all a lie and he bought a diamond-encrusted hotdog covered in cocaine mustard and the bun is the butt cheeks of a high-priced hooker.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

he got turned down by the sba

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

2.5 months to go "i wonder if this is a good idea" at which point he's already writing the software for it

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
sinking 2.5 months there, a month listening to an ID firm yak about a design language, 5 weeks in Eagle dragging lines around

oh, actually going down to the shop and making something real? psh, 3 weeks. boom. done.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

2.5 months to go "i wonder if this is a good idea" at which point he's already writing the software for it

i'm the "hardware"

prototyping something this complex and getting something that even works would take substantially more time than this

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

shouldn't they have done the feasibility study before they sought funding...

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Cryin Burnigan posted:

not if they wanted to be funded?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
at the end of the feasibility study, they declare the project unfeasible, and run off with the cash

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cryin Burnigan posted:

where do you get the funding to do feasibility studies if you dont have funding to do feasibility studies

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

madeupfred posted:

where do you get the funding to do feasibility studies if you dont have funding to do feasibility studies

you're own fuckin spare time or pockets before you collect $200k of random strangers money to maybe do a thing MAYBE

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

madeupfred posted:

feasiblr.com

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Mido posted:

you're own fuckin spare time or pockets before you collect $200k of random strangers money to maybe do a thing MAYBE

especially if you have a good idea that can make money, i would imagine the order of importance is A) proof of concept / working (thing) first, but not publically, then immediately B) legal protection of said thing, THEN start small selling it and gather at least a quarter of profitable sales/services income, and THEN THEN THEN seek investment money to grow the business if needed at a fraction of a fraction of percentage of ownership in exchange per dollar

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
one would think it obvious that you should't be doing valuations under $100k

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
and "legal protection" is nothing. if a big player wants in the space, they're coming. the general plan is to crush you in the market, then pick you and your "ip" up for pennies

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

getting $ to execute a project should basically be the final phase

not the first

vvvv: wasnt disagreeing

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

JawnV6 posted:

and "legal protection" is nothing. if a big player wants in the space, they're coming. the general plan is to crush you in the market, then pick you and your "ip" up for pennies

i meant IP/patent type poo poo. lawyer up and at least get the "IP" to sell for pennies, but it wont be pennies if you did it right from the beginning and captured whatever initial untapped market there was, where acquirers want your customer base as well

Mido posted:

getting $ to execute a project should basically be the final phase

not the first

that was my point

• Locked thread