Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrispKing
Jul 12, 2008

Very nice - where do I get it?

For content:

A growler of Long Trail Pumpkin Ale fresh from Vermont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Tons of Ikea furniture:

All to go in here:

My girlfriend and I's first apartment roommate free apartment.

We wound up coming in just barely under budget for all of the furniture, but after 4 hours in Ikea yesterday I still feel like this:

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

CrispKing posted:

Very nice - where do I get it?

From a man named Roland Kemmner - http://www.ebay.com/sch/erkahund/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

He has no website as such.

GODS NOT REAL
Sep 25, 2012

YOU STUPID BUNNIES

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

And this album:

Trivium are awesome! Went to see them when they were touring In Waves. It was my first metal concert I'm still sore from pitting and crowd surfing to this day.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

the kawaiiest posted:

Mikan Pocky is delicious. I wish I'd bought more when I had the chance. Also the giant strawberry Pocky is awesome, it's like a foot long and it's loving delicious. A friend brought me two boxes from Japan and I ate like an entire box in one day.

e: this stuff

I really have no idea how difficult those Pocky are to get, but it seems like the EU equivalent may be an easier obtainable alternative although I've never ordered them online and I haven't seen Strawberry, ever. The Dime ones are awesome though -
https://www.facebook.com/Mikado

Actually the FB page has people mentioning the price and lack of awesome flavours, so ignore me I guess! They're certainly cheaper if I grab them from local shops though

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Oct 21, 2013

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

What is this?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's a watch. People used them to tell time before cell phones were ubiquitous.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay but where's the menu button? How do I set the time? Does it get it over Bluetooth from my phone, or...?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Please tell me this was some sort of joke question?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I'm sure they meant what brand/model so they could purchase it.

I hope...

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Obviously I know its a watch, where can I get it?

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
3 posts above yours...I have another one of his watches, it's nice.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

CrispKing posted:

For content:

A growler of Long Trail Pumpkin Ale fresh from Vermont.

:negative: the thing I miss most about Vermont. Long trail needs to expand further south so I can get it here.

For content: I also bought pokemon. :3: I can't stop changing my clothes.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Boots. Not the stylish kind. :geno:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nereid posted:

:negative: the thing I miss most about Vermont. Long trail needs to expand further south so I can get it here.

I think I'll saunter down to the corner store fifty feet from my front door and buy some Switchback, Long Trail, Heady Topper, Harpoon, and Otter Creek. :smug:

And, if I've got some spare cash...Magic Hat. :effort:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Pitch posted:

Boots. Not the stylish kind. :geno:

What are the flaps for?

Content:

Technics SL-5

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

App13 posted:

What are the flaps for?

They protect the laces from sharp stuff around the job site basically.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

App13 posted:

What are the flaps for?

Those are the wings.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
They're metatarsal guards. They're made out of the same material as the hard toe and padded on the bottom to extend the heavy-object protection further back. I guess protecting the laces is also helpful but they're common in small foundries because you spend a lot of time with an overhead crane carrying 400-pound steel castings a foot off the ground.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

App13 posted:

Technics SL-5

Yissss.

I just bought more vinyl. I just heard of this band because of the "what can't you stop listening to?" thread and everybody should give them a listen.

I also found a sealed copy of Johnny Mathis' Greatest Hits for $3. That's a score.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Bob

Bob Newhart's 1993 follow up the highly successful Newhart. Here he's a comic book artist whose 50s superhero, Mad Dog (a goody two-shoes type), is being resurrected as an "edgy" anti-hero. After two seasons, everybody gets fired and Bob ends up working for a greeting card company. Not a great show, but Bob's always funny. Also features Betty White and Cynthia Stevenson.

Roseanne

A pretty good show despite the lottery arc and the gently caress you ABC ending. I got this complete series set for $26 new. Odd packaging, though, with the 27 discs in individual paper envelopes in a big rear end stack. I used to work with a guy who hated this show because of the way the kids talked back to their parents. His response would have been to beat the respect out of them.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

DrBouvenstein posted:

I think I'll saunter down to the corner store fifty feet from my front door and buy some Switchback, Long Trail, Heady Topper, Harpoon, and Otter Creek. :smug:

And, if I've got some spare cash...Magic Hat. :effort:

You're terrible. :(

I can get magic hat, otter creek and harpoon here. the beer here is subpar compared to switchback and heady topper.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

App13 posted:

Technics SL-5

UNF. Is that linear? I used to have a Bang & Olufsen with linear tracking but ran into some issues.

2004 Carrera 4S Cabriolet with factory Sport Exhaust, Seal Grey Metallic, black full leather, only 16,500 miles.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mister Kingdom posted:

Roseanne

A pretty good show despite the lottery arc and the gently caress you ABC ending. I got this complete series set for $26 new. Odd packaging, though, with the 27 discs in individual paper envelopes in a big rear end stack. I used to work with a guy who hated this show because of the way the kids talked back to their parents. His response would have been to beat the respect out of them.

Realtalk, Roseanne was a good show and the writing was pretty top notch. The married fights between Roseanne and John Goodman were really well done, George Clooney in the first couple seasons was great, and while it did kinda fall apart in the end it's still a show worth watching.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Woot please allow me to live vicariously through you and buy these:

Also I picked up a frame for my Parkhitecture print today. Hooray.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Sorry, this is the only acceptable aftermarket Porsche wheel:

I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's been over a year since I've shipped a print out to a goon... how long did it take you to find a frame?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

woot fatigue posted:

Sorry, this is the only acceptable aftermarket Porsche wheel:

I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's been over a year since I've shipped a print out to a goon... how long did it take you to find a frame?

About 2 years :newlol:

My mate Alan has some RUFs on his 964. They are okay. The modern ones do nothing for me.

I think the shape of the rotis is perfect for 996s onwards as they ooze turbo styling but are way more baller.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I've been considering getting the BLQs from Rotiform for my mini but really it seems like a silly use of money. Tempting though.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

woot fatigue posted:

UNF. Is that linear? I used to have a Bang & Olufsen with linear tracking but ran into some issues.

Yeah it's linear. They work great if you can find one that's been treated well. Bang & Olufsen are great, but the cartridges are just so drat expensive.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

App13 posted:

Yeah it's linear. They work great if you can find one that's been treated well. Bang & Olufsen are great, but the cartridges are just so drat expensive.

Those work great. . . until they don't and you have to replace whatever record you were listening to.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

This jacket because I'm a massive dork:

Link please? That thing looks sweet, and a lot better than the usual band merch hoodies.

edit: stuff I just bought:

Bandcamp music:

OGRE - 194, analog retro-future 80s album along the lines of Kavinsky/Perturbator

Sarpanitum - Fidelium, bestial / Nile meets Hate Eternal death metal. Many blasts.

Also a new audio interface and (finally) some monitors, because apparently I hate having money. Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Adam F5s

and then some Etymotic MC5s because my gym plays shite music way too drat loud

Concatenation has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Oct 22, 2013

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

One of these bad boys.

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010
Got me an Arc'teryx Fortrez hoodie in blue (picture is a link to the Arc'teryx product page):

Fits really well, is warm, and has an integrated neck gaiter/balaclava so I can be super warm while looking like a sneaky ninja.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Concatenation posted:

Link please? That thing looks sweet, and a lot better than the usual band merch hoodies.

Here: http://www.emp-online.co.uk/amon-amarth-logo-jacket/art_265298/

Good thing you hate having money...

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Thanksholyshit

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chroisman posted:

Got me an Arc'teryx Fortrez hoodie in blue (picture is a link to the Arc'teryx product page):

Fits really well, is warm, and has an integrated neck gaiter/balaclava so I can be super warm while looking like a sneaky ninja.
How much did you pay? I know Arc'Teryx is as good as it gets for hard shells and softshells, but I'm wondering if there's anything special about their hoodies.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

ElZilcho posted:

One of these bad boys.

I'm so jealous. I love that set.

I just got a tattoo but it's raw and the color isn't filled in, so I'll post it later I guess.

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

How much did you pay? I know Arc'Teryx is as good as it gets for hard shells and softshells, but I'm wondering if there's anything special about their hoodies.

About $200, which I think is RRP. I don't know if there's anything particularly special, but I was looking for a durable quick drying hoodie (the rest of mine are cotton which suck) and I have a couple of Arc'teryx hard and soft shells already, so I thought I would just bank on their build quality again since they've been worth it in the past.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

That's a shitload of money to look high school biker chic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Heh, balls.

(god i wish bowlingballs didn't have stupid loving names)

• Locked thread