Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

However, the Tōhoku Tsunami happened, and the episode apparently involved earthquakes in some way, so it was canceled and the plot of the series redone.
It seems like it happens again and again that they'll write something which involves an earthquake, then an earthquake happens and they pull it. Either stop writing stories about earthquakes or suck it up and deal with the fact you live on a fault line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabadillo
Jan 1, 2004

Adorable and Nutritious

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I had a vision.

I was mulling over the 3-D models in this game, and wondered what a Pokemon game would be like if all of the mons were actually to scale. Like, Wailord being as big as he's supposed to be (a whale) or the hugeness of Onix or any of that, yeah?

Then I started thinking about what sort of game would have that, what would be the best reason for that kind of change. Then I thought...what if Gamefreak let Platinum games make a Pokemon game?

Imagine playing as Lucario or some other fighting type, riding on the back of a Wailmer and fighting off hoards of Sea Pokemon, having huge QTE battles with Zapdos and going underground and fighting off Onix and Steelix and ultimately facing down all of the Legendaries in huge, Bayonetta-esque boss fights!

To dare to dream....

I hate you for putting this in my head knowing full well that we will never actually have anything this cool.

I'm working on a Grass/Fairy 'Forest Folk' team gimmick, but I'm having a real hard time finding a solid HM Slave and something that can learn Fly. Anyone got any suggestions for something that's not a total pain in the rear end to catch?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
How long is it before they usually release the third versions of the games?

Also, do we know there's going to be a Z and not sequels like last gen?

Manatee Cannon posted:

A Pokemon game has never crashed on me before. Actually, I don't think I've ever had a Nintendo system hardlock on me, going back to the SNES/GBC.

Sooooooomeone doesn't own a Wii U.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I found a Shiny Lunatone for the box-legendary of Y on GTS but I didn't get the trade. Wasn't too bummed about it since the only shiny-difference on Lunatone is the color of his eye (I really don't care for legendaries though). Now, however, I found a japanese shiny Cubone for a any level Gengar. Woho!

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

McDragon posted:

What gives with the blue pentagon in the status screen? As far as I can tell literally every Pokemon I've seen has it.

I think it denotes where that Pokemon can be found in the Kalos Pokedex. Like if it only has the center colored in then it's only in central Kalos, if it has all three colors it can be found anywhere, etc.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Bongo Bill posted:

It feels like abilities are no longer equally common, but I can't confirm it.

Sure seems like it. #10 had Rain Dish, but it's male and I'm trying to breed Giga Drain onto it, so I'm just gonna toss it in with my Ditto and wait for a female Rain Dish to pop up.

Also I really want to find a way to compliment Belch and make it reliable, but I'm just not seeing it on Toxicroak's movelist. Any ideas? The fact that you have to use a berry beforehand means Toxicroak has to take a hit. But its defense isn't one of its selling points.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Soul Glo posted:

Well there's a third legendary and it is named Zygarde.

also X/Y/Z can refer to 3 dimensional coordinates and this is the first full 3D game *shrug*

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So working on a Hawlucha build and so far I'm Thinking

El Kamen (Hawlucha) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide (Depending on how much I fear missing attacks)
- Flying Press/Power Up Punch (Not Sure how FP works and while weak PuP seems really amazing)
- Steel Wing/Bounce (Steel wing if Flying Press Bounce if Power Up Punch

Any major flaws in this set up?

Feranon posted:

Well there's a third legendary and it is named Zygarde.

also X/Y/Z can refer to 3 dimensional coordinates and this is the first full 3D game *shrug*

Well there's a 3rd legendary dragon and he's Grey so obviously there's gonna be a third version of B/W! Sarcasm aside no one knows how they're gonna go since last gen they kind of said gently caress all our patterns and did whatever they wanted to. At the moment sequel games or remakes or something entirely different are just as likely as a Z version.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 22, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Edit: Edit not reply.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

LeafyOrb posted:

Is that thing one use? If it is it doesn't seem like it's worth the work.

You've hatched a shiny Pokemon. It is a perfect nature and has six perfect IVs. But it is the wrong nature. Is it still too much work?

e: VVV Evolution stones.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
What exactly is the purpose of super secret training?

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So working on a Hawlucha build and so far I'm Thinking

El Kamen (Hawlucha) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide (Depending on how much I fear missing attacks)
- Flying Press/Power Up Punch (Not Sure how FP works and while weak PuP seems really amazing)
- Steel Wing/Bounce (Steel wing if Flying Press Bounce if Power Up Punch

Any major flaws in this set up?

Well there's a 3rd legendary dragon and he's Grey so obviously there's gonna be a third version of B/W! Sarcasm aside no one knows how they're gonna go since last gen they kind of said gently caress all our patterns and did whatever they wanted to. At the moment sequel games or remakes or something entirely different are just as likely as a Z version.

Flying press does simultaneous flying and fighting damage, and also it is awesome.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

UberJumper posted:

What exactly is the purpose of super secret training?

Getting you things like evolutionary stones.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
...Zygarde's signature move is a physical Earth power.
Earth power which is a weaker, but special typed alternative to Earthquake.
So it is a weak Earthquake. Which he starts with.

Also, just now accepting that Xerneas and Yveltal seem to have the exact same base stats.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

tentawesome posted:

Flying press does simultaneous flying and fighting damage, and also it is awesome.

Hawlucha is just the definition of awesome. I remember on the route I found him I was thinking "well this route is probably just the boring psychic type route. Can't wait to get out of here." Then a Hawlucha showed up and I had the biggest drat grin on my face.

Edit: Also thanks to all the suggestions for that Godzilla team. Gonna make that and my pre-history team when I get the chance. Nobody to play with and I'm willing to make lots of different teams. Love this gen so much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

tentawesome posted:

But say if I try to attack a Ghost, does it still hit?

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

You've hatched a shiny Pokemon. It is a perfect nature and has six perfect IVs. But it is the wrong nature. Is it still too much work?

:psyduck: I wasn't implying that it's useless just that it's a long way to go for an item that is useful in literally one situation. 200 BP is a steep price for a one use item, if it is.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Just caught a Female Larvesta in someone's Friend Safari :getin:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tentawesome posted:

However, it doesn't get double STAB and has kinda lovely coverage.

But say if I try to attack a Ghost, does it still hit?

It does not.

As for your set, I'd seriously consider a set more like this:

quote:

Hawlucha @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant or Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Hi Jump Kick
- Encore​

Encore on a smart switch will generally give you the turn you need to either get a Swords Dance in or use Acrobatics to get Unburden rolling, and possibly both if they don't have a safe switch or are stupid. Hawlucha has some really loving cool typing and the means to take advantage of it, but unfortunately his two signature moves seem pretty bad.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Aftermath Items

Some battle scenes will have a piece of scenery in the background that can be destroyed by certain moves. If you do so, you will receive an item after the battle is over.

In caves, there is a narrow grey stone spire. Use Surf (or other water moves?) and receive Damp Rock.

In flowers, there are trees with hanging fruits (I've seen green and purple fruits so far). Use a move like Air Cutter and it will knock the fruit down and you will receive a berry. So far I've gotten Lum, Payapa, Rindo, Babiri, Kasib, Chesto, and Aguav berries, most of which I haven't been able to find anywhere else yet. So far I've just been doing the flowers on rt 7 in front of the daycare. There may be different berries that show up in different colored flowers; I'll try red ones later.

Has anyone else found any other Aftermath Items?

Edit: Just found a purple berry tree that dropped a Payapa berry in regular tall grass on rt 22, so probably not related to the color of the flowers.

Amperor fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 22, 2013

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013
Just got 3 6x31 IV Larvitars out of 5 eggs after 7 boxes of poo poo. :getin:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Sedisp posted:

So I got a Ditto from England is there anyway to tell if it's actually from England for my shiny breeding mill?

If you are playing the game in a language other than English, and the Ditto is from an English-language save file, then it will have something displayed on its status screen to say so, and you will benefit from an increased chance of shinies when breeding with pokemon that are not from English-language save files.

The location of the player does not matter, only the language that they are playing in.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

What's a good comp move set for Hawlucha? I'm breeding either Adamant or Jolly. Also what's a good nature for Meowstic-F?

Hawlucha @Flying Gem
Unburden/Limber
Adamant/Jolly
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
-Swords Dance
-Acrobatics
-High Jump Kick
-Encore/Baton Pass

Your pretty standard sweeper set. Switch in to a ground attack or set up move, Encore it and set up Swords Dance. However, Baton Pass can be used to switch out of a bad situation while retaining your SD boost. Adamant is preferred with Unburden since Hawlucha needs the power but Jolly with Limber is a decent option and prevents Klefki from ending your sweep with Prankster Thunder Wave. You could probably run less Speed on Unburden but that's very metagame specific and the metagame is largely unknown right now so just maxing it for now is fine. I highly recommend Mega Gengar or some other trapper to get rid of Aegislash and to try to take down non-Mach Punch priority users before attempting a sweep.

King Chicken
Apr 23, 2009
Has anyone found a way to grind up shiny stones without using super training? The stupid super training thing is a painful grind for the left handed, and I've not seen a place to farm or buy stones.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^^ A pokemon with frisk and thief against Solrocks?

You know every time your Pokemon is looking back to you at the start and end of a battle? It's actually expecting pets. Scrub the touchscreen to pet it. Don't leave your 'mon hanging.

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry

Amperor posted:

Aftermath Items

this might help

http://www.serebii.net/xy/wilditems.shtml

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

My first shiny (wild) encounter in 15 years of playing pokemon!

Woooooo!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

How long is it before they usually release the third versions of the games?

Sooooooomeone doesn't own a Wii U.

Or a Wii, no. After the Game Cube I was pretty much done with Nintendo home consoles. I'll live with never playing Super Mario Galaxy and that Kirby game.

Who's to say that Z won't be the sequel? Could just have one game instead of two. Either way though, I'd really prefer another real sequel to rehashing it with some minor improvements like gen 1-4. Black 2 was the first time I'd bought a second game in the same generation (barring Heart Gold, which doesn't count) since Crystal.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

As for your set, I'd seriously consider a set more like this:

Encore on a smart switch will generally give you the turn you need to either get a Swords Dance in or use Acrobatics to get Unburden rolling, and possibly both if they don't have a safe switch or are stupid. Hawlucha has some really loving cool typing and the means to take advantage of it, but unfortunately his two signature moves seem pretty bad.

Ugh, Encore's an alright idea but I will never ever run High Jump Kick again. Not enough reward with my garbage luck. Unburdened with a Flying Gem and Acrobatics and Power-Up Punch sounds fun.

Maybe something like

Acrobatics
Power-Up Punch
Encore
Rock Slide/Stone Edge

The speed boost makes PuP really tempting.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

WrightOfWay posted:

I highly recommend Mega Gengar or some other trapper to get rid of Aegislash and to try to take down non-Mach Punch priority users before attempting a sweep.

I agree with your general point, but you can't trap Aegislash because he's ghost :aslol:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Amperor posted:

Aftermath Items

Some battle scenes will have a piece of scenery in the background that can be destroyed by certain moves. If you do so, you will receive an item after the battle is over.

In caves, there is a narrow grey stone spire. Use Surf (or other water moves?) and receive Damp Rock.

In flowers, there are trees with hanging fruits (I've seen green and purple fruits so far). Use a move like Air Cutter and it will knock the fruit down and you will receive a berry. So far I've gotten Lum, Payapa, Rindo, Babiri, Kasib, Chesto, and Aguav berries, most of which I haven't been able to find anywhere else yet. So far I've just been doing the flowers on rt 7 in front of the daycare. There may be different berries that show up in different colored flowers; I'll try red ones later.

Has anyone else found any other Aftermath Items?

Edit: Just found a purple berry tree that dropped a Payapa berry in regular tall grass on rt 22, so probably not related to the color of the flowers.

I've been trying the same thing in the same general area. I tried a few other areas too but got similar results. In addition to the berries you listed I got Rindo and... Kebia I think.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
So today, I lost a fight in the Battle Chateau (gym leaders' mons are level 50 after you beat the E4; who knew?), but my Shuppet had gained enough experience to evolve. And it did, right in between blacking out and the game booting me to the Pokecenter. Was that a thing before? I know fainted mons could evolve after a battle in Gen V, but a full on wipe?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Just finished a battle. Four evolutions after it. Took a while to get through them all.

And about the blue pentagon, thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that's it. Everything has it. Not just mine either, all the screenshots I've seen of a stats screen have had it too. Maybe it's a generation/region thing. Guess we'll find out in December.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I agree with your general point, but you can't trap Aegislash because he's ghost :aslol:

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Also, don't use Power Up Punch on anything other than Mega Kangaskhan. I understand being worried about High Jump Kick misses (about half of my losses in UU are to missed HJKs) but Hawlucha doesn't have the bulk or power to make the drop in power from 130 to 40 worth it. Use Hone Claws instead of Swords Dance if you really want to; Hawlucha doesn't really need coverage (Only the Honedge line, Rotom and the Electric/Flying types resist its STABs) but don't use Power Up Punch.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I would have thought more people would be freaking out over this holo caster message basically saying everyone is about to die. But nope, they're still talking about buying clothes or how great Lysandre is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just beat the Elite Four for the first time in 15 years! It wasn't quite as meaningful an experience as it was when I was 8 but it was still pretty fun.

If global link wasn't doing maintenance I'd post the team picture but for now I'll just post their names.

Anurana the Greninja
Nostalgia the Venusaur
Papillon the Vivillon
Buteon the Talonflame
Caledfwlch the Aegislash
And the MVP who ended up almost soloing not one but two of the Elite Four :black101: LEX REGIS :black101: the Tyrantrum

Everyone pulled their weight though, particularly Mega Evolved Venusaur shrugging off the champion's Mega Gardevoir's Psychics like they were nothing and hitting with a one two punch of Sludge bomb poisoning and Venoshock.

Pretty nice ending too. Now to see how much of the post game I can actually get done before Phoenix Wright comes out...

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

^^^^
edit: it should be up now

Finally pried myself away from the Daycare Centre long enough to go do this Elite 4 thing.

Konpeito the Gengar
Parfait the Delphox
Banh Bo the Mienshao
Neapolitan the Clawitzer
Namagashi the Gardevoir
Matcha the Haxorus

Everyone was great, with the odd exception of Gengar, who kept getting knocked the gently caress out. There's such a ridiculous amount of pomp and circumstance surrounding the Elite 4 I had the goofiest smile on my face the entire time.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012
So, I just got a Moxie Heracross from Friend Safari, and I'm wondering, is there some way to make sure the ability gets passed down to it's offspring?
Cause the last couple of eggs I hatched had Swarm instead.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ugh, Encore's an alright idea but I will never ever run High Jump Kick again. Not enough reward with my garbage luck. Unburdened with a Flying Gem and Acrobatics and Power-Up Punch sounds fun.

Maybe something like

Acrobatics
Power-Up Punch
Encore
Rock Slide/Stone Edge

The speed boost makes PuP really tempting.

If you're worried about accuracy, just run Brick Break. It's unfortunate, but Power up Punch really isn't that great of an option with its low base power, especially when Hawlucha has such a better means of boosting (swords dance). You want your fighting STAB to have at least a decent BP. Hi-Jump Kick really is the best option though, 90% accuracy isn't too horrible, and its incredible 130 base power more than makes up for it. Just watch out for ghosts.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

^^^^
edit: it should be up now

Oh thanks, needed to hard refresh apparently.

Killing dragons with a butterfly was particularly fun (although she couldn't solo all of them).

Oh hey they even got the Vivillon's coloring right! That's cool.

• Locked thread