Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

vx15i posted:

Call center rant thread is at 3000 posts, so I figured some of you guys might be interested in this:

1000 Job Openings

Position: Remote Services Technician (RST)

Support.com is undergoing a major expansion, looking to hire over 1000 people for a new position called RST, Remote Services Technician.

This is a 40+ hours a week, set schedule, W-2 position, pays $11 an hour plus overtime. You get excellent health, dental, PTO, and other benefits. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and a quiet place to work. No land line needed, it’s all VoIP.

http://www.support.com/about/careers/openings?nl=1&jvi=o4BQWfwb,Job&jvs=RSTPR

Because of the expansion and internal promotions we are also hiring in much smaller numbers for the Personal Technology Expert (PTE) position. PTE pays $13.50 and requires a higher skill level than RST.

http://www.support.com/about/careers/openings

If you are concerned about working in a call center, this is nothing like a call center. You have to be able to supervise yourself because there is no micromanaging. Go to the bathroom whenever you want! Shift bids are done 2-3 times a year, and if you have good metrics you can pick your own schedule.

I get a small bonus for referrals, but it has to go through the Jobvite system. Send me a PM if you want a Jobvite or have questions.

I don't have PMs, but can you email me/I email you? ncoxomatic@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
My husband is looking for a career type job, so I thought I'd post his info here and hope someone might be able to help out.

Where: NE GA, we live in Winder but he doesn't mind a commute. If the job is in midddle GA, that's fine too since he has a place to stay down there during the week.

His basic info:
- MA in German from UGA with thesis
- clerical experience - payroll using Access, MS Office, filing, etc.
- electrical experience - electrician's helper for a few years (what he's doing now to pay the bills while he looks for work)
- teaching experience - taught two semesters of intro level German courses while working on his MA

If anybody has anything that might fit, I'd really appreciate it if you'd PM me or give me your email address here and I can send you a copy of his resume.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

vx15i posted:

Call center rant thread is at 3000 posts, so I figured some of you guys might be interested in this:

1000 Job Openings

Position: Remote Services Technician (RST)

Support.com is undergoing a major expansion, looking to hire over 1000 people for a new position called RST, Remote Services Technician.

This is a 40+ hours a week, set schedule, W-2 position, pays $11 an hour plus overtime. You get excellent health, dental, PTO, and other benefits. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and a quiet place to work. No land line needed, it’s all VoIP.

http://www.support.com/about/careers/openings?nl=1&jvi=o4BQWfwb,Job&jvs=RSTPR

Because of the expansion and internal promotions we are also hiring in much smaller numbers for the Personal Technology Expert (PTE) position. PTE pays $13.50 and requires a higher skill level than RST.

http://www.support.com/about/careers/openings

If you are concerned about working in a call center, this is nothing like a call center. You have to be able to supervise yourself because there is no micromanaging. Go to the bathroom whenever you want! Shift bids are done 2-3 times a year, and if you have good metrics you can pick your own schedule.

I get a small bonus for referrals, but it has to go through the Jobvite system. Send me a PM if you want a Jobvite or have questions.

No PMs, but I can be reached via email. It's in my SA profile.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Skinny King Pimp posted:

My husband is looking for a career type job, so I thought I'd post his info here and hope someone might be able to help out.

Where: NE GA, we live in Winder but he doesn't mind a commute. If the job is in midddle GA, that's fine too since he has a place to stay down there during the week.

His basic info:
- MA in German from UGA with thesis
- clerical experience - payroll using Access, MS Office, filing, etc.
- electrical experience - electrician's helper for a few years (what he's doing now to pay the bills while he looks for work)
- teaching experience - taught two semesters of intro level German courses while working on his MA

If anybody has anything that might fit, I'd really appreciate it if you'd PM me or give me your email address here and I can send you a copy of his resume.

I know this isn't what you asked for, but I'm sure your husband could easily become a pro-level translator at Gengo.com. My BA's minor was in German and I passed the test for pro-level. Over the past 6 months I've probably made about $300 for doing little projects on the weekend when they pop up.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Yeah definitely have him hop on ODesk, too, we hire freelance translators from there all the time at my firm.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I'll pass it along to him. I've thought about suggesting it, but I didn't know where would be a good place to go for that kind of freelance work. Hell, I might brush up on my German (I have a BA) and see if I can pass the test for it. I need stuff to do in between spending a million hours a week on genetics anyway.

Thanks for those links!

JulianD
Dec 4, 2005

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I know this isn't what you asked for, but I'm sure your husband could easily become a pro-level translator at Gengo.com. My BA's minor was in German and I passed the test for pro-level. Over the past 6 months I've probably made about $300 for doing little projects on the weekend when they pop up.

I tried to create a translator account on Gengo, but it sent me to a customer dashboard, where I haven't been able to find anything more about qualifying as a translator. Where can I find that information?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

JulianD posted:

I tried to create a translator account on Gengo, but it sent me to a customer dashboard, where I haven't been able to find anything more about qualifying as a translator. Where can I find that information?

Click on your name in the upper righthand corner and under Switch Accounts click translator.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Fellow goon Abugadu helped me get a job in the Northern Mariana Islands, and I'm paying it forward. We have regular openings here for educators, engineers, medical personnel, scientists, and lawyers, and have no qualms about sponsoring non-Americans for work visas. If you have any professional-type qualifications and want me to keep you updated on vacancies, PM me.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Job Seeker:

Looking for: web manager, editing, writing, content management, QA, academic admin, academic advising, anything academia, anything else really.

Work from home and/or Ottawa, ON

Education/Experience:

BA History, Minor Computer Science

Current positions: Project Coordinator at a major Canadian University (full-time); Writer for an entertainment website (part-time); Web Writer/Web Manager for non-profit organization (part-time)

- Seven years working as a Project Coordinator, Lead Trainer, and Lead Tech Support for the thesis development program at a major Canadian university (current, full time)
- Experience advising 100s of graduate students (tech support and mentoring them throughout their thesis/dissertation development cycle)
- Experience working with and training senior faculty and staff

- Plenty of experience working with Content Management Systems

- Web manager/designer for various major--and minor--freelance projects
- Experienced editor, news reporter, and writer for various large websites (10 years)
- Quality Improvement Analyst and Content Editor for an e-Learning company (5 years)

- XML coding for 7 years; part-time

What I am looking for:

I am moving to Ottawa for personal reasons (woo!). It's incredibly tough looking for jobs when you don't live in the city you are moving to, so I thought I would post here to increase my chances!

Preferably, I would like to work remotely from home to make the transition easier, but I definitely wouldn't refuse a chance for a position in an Ottawa office.

Contact me through PM or reply here!

JulianD
Dec 4, 2005

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Click on your name in the upper righthand corner and under Switch Accounts click translator.

I had tried that already; for some reason, it only has a customer option.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

JulianD posted:

I had tried that already; for some reason, it only has a customer option.

Hmm, don't know what to tell you. They have a pretty responsive support team, try getting contact with them.

Tekman Bio
Aug 18, 2004

Job Seeker

Education:
UCLA Extension - Accounting Certification - In Process
BA from University of South Florida - History

Experience:
Accounting and Payroll Duties Utilizing QuickBooks, Bullhorn, Excel, and Paychex
Accounts Receivable - Receive and Reconcile Payments, Prepare Reports, Invoice Weekly, AR Collections, Create Bank Deposits, Track AR Progress and Attend Monthly AR meetings
Accounts Payable - Enter Bills and Reimbursement Expenses, Class Bills Correctly and Ensure Payment Deadlines are Met
General Accounting - Reconcile Credit Cards, Payroll Reconciliation and Journal Entries, Understand and Assist with Month-End Closings
Create Weekly/Monthly Revenue Reports for Sales Staff
Provide Thorough Analysis of Revenue Reports Via Weekly Emails
Handle Multi-state Payroll for 300+ Employees, File State Taxes, and Register Company for SUI and Withholding Taxes in New States When Necessary

Availability:
September (Moving date is Sept. 1st)

Looking for:
Accounting (AP, AR, Generalist) and/or Payroll position

Contact info:
PM me or reply to this.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Job Seeker

Education:

Saint Louis University - BS in Mechanical Engineering (graduated May 2012)

Experience:
-Some project management within the cement industry. This was mainly on projects involving new sites or existing equipment/facility overhaul.
-Tons of CAD experience (mainly in Revit and Inventor). This includes AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, and ProE/Catia. I'm currently learning Solidworks.
-Creating cost estimates and budgeting time for projects.
-Writing requests for quotations for different equipment including highly technical equipment where I had zero knowledge base of prior to writing a request for quotation.
-Keeping in contact with clients and suppliers.
-I have two graduate level classes in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) under my belt and a ton of experience with Abaqus as a result.
-I can also program Matlab mathematically for some pretty heavy usage. To give an example, I programmed a dynamic FEA analysis using only Matlab and created an animated graphic of the elements' movement over time. I know a minimal amount of C++ and have translated some Matlab programs into C++ for quicker calculations.

Availability:
Immediately

Looking for:
Mechanical Engineering job. I've only got one year of experience so any move is a lateral move career-wise. I'm not too picky.

Contact info:
Email me at evilclosetmonky [at] gmail [dot] com

Please don't judge the email address. I just don't want my good personal one on here for fear of spam galore.

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010
My company is hiring a rull-stack rails dev. Here's our ad:

Real Geeks
http://www.realgeeks.com
Resized_logo
Real Geeks is looking for a top-notch Rails developer to help it expand its business. We are a small team with big ideas taking the online real estate world by storm.

Our CRM is built in Ruby on Rails and we have some ambitious ideas to take it to the next level. We run hundreds of real estate websites running a CMS built in Python+Django with a MySQL datastore - Real estate data is all stored in MongoDB, served up over an HTTP API written in Python/Tornado - Varnish for our front-end caching as well as load-balancing our MongoDB servers - Redis for general caching, non-persistent datastore use and task queue - Beanstalkd for a simple task queue - Celery for deferred task processing - Puppet and Fabric for server administration

Real Geeks is based in Kailua, Hawaii on the windward side of the beautiful island of Oahu, and is looking for someone willing to relocate to Hawaii. It would be great if you were up to go surfing with us at the end of a long day of programming.

Send your resume to careers@realgeeks.com

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
My company is always recruiting, so I figured I'd throw something here in case anyone is interested.

I work for a Chinese-American education consulting company in Tianjin, the third/fourth largest city in China (pending your views on Hong Kong). We work with international students who are planning to go abroad, guiding them through the entire process, starting with preparation for entrance exams all the way up through sending them off with their visa to university. Some students come to us at 9th year students and work with us for three years while others come simply for their 12th year to prepare. We work with the students in a one-on-one setting, helping them choose their first year of classes/majors/dorms, and work with them in group settings as they prepare for whatever entrance exam, focusing different meetings/lessons/classes on speaking, reading, critical thinking, culture preparation, etc. Pay is competitive to local companies who hire foreigners in education, maybe a bit higher. Applicants with no educational background will be considered, though it is preferred in some aspect.

If anyone is interested, you can PM me here, or leave your email address if you like. I do not feel comfortable leaving my email address here and will be happy to contact you if you have more questions or would like to learn more about what positions we have open.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Still looking for massage therapists see my previous post.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Position: Tech Support representative at a call center.

Pay is $15/hour, $16/hour after you pass your 90 days. Job is 40 hours/week with a set schedule. As far as call center jobs go, it's one of the best I've seen (and I've seen plenty.) There is good health/vision/dental available, as well as 15 days PTO per year (not including company holidays!)

Tech experience required is minimal. If you a tech-savvy goon who has the sense to Google error messages, you can probably handle the tech side of things. Good customer service skills (read: know how to talk like a human) will set you apart from the pack. We promote a ton internally, I started as a phone tech but got promoted to trainer. It's a good place to be.

PM me for more info, or just respond in the thread if you have any questions.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Job Openings: We are looking for a couple freelance writers to help cover storage news in the consumer and enterprise space. Candidates must have excellent English writing skills and should be proficient in current client and enterprise storage technologies.

Location: Global, if by some chance you are local to Cincinnati, OH... perfect

Experience: Tech geek at heart, know what an SSD is or how it differs from a HDD. Loves to tinker with the latest gadgets.

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

I sent an email; taking the time out to help is appreciated.

Tree squid
Apr 6, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Position: Tech Support representative at a call center.

Pay is $15/hour, $16/hour after you pass your 90 days. Job is 40 hours/week with a set schedule. As far as call center jobs go, it's one of the best I've seen (and I've seen plenty.) There is good health/vision/dental available, as well as 15 days PTO per year (not including company holidays!)

Tech experience required is minimal. If you a tech-savvy goon who has the sense to Google error messages, you can probably handle the tech side of things. Good customer service skills (read: know how to talk like a human) will set you apart from the pack. We promote a ton internally, I started as a phone tech but got promoted to trainer. It's a good place to be.

PM me for more info, or just respond in the thread if you have any questions.

I'm very interested, but I don't have PM privileges. My e-mail is zachisom@hotmail.com

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Job Seeker

(Would consider moving to another state for the right opportunity)

Education:
New England Law Boston - JD (graduated May 2013) - sat for July MA bar exam
Quincy University (Illinois) - BA in Philosophy (graduated 2005)

Experience:
- two internships during law school with state government organizations
- worked as file clerk for a period of time during law school as well
- five years prior administrative experience as an executive assistant

Availability:
Immediately

Looking for:
Legal position. (Entry-level Attorney / Paralegal / Legal Assistant), or
'Alternate' legal position. Something that I could put my education to use, but not necessarily as a 'lawyer'.

Contact info:
Please PM me.

Snugglecakes fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 13, 2013

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Job Seeker

Education:
George Mason University - BS Visual Information Systems 2006

Experience:
- just completed 320 hour welding training course ( SMAW, FCAW, GMAW )
- 20 years of retail experience
- 10 years IT support and computer repairs ( strong emphasis on Apple products )
- Military Veteran

Availability:
Immediately

Looking for:
-starter welding job with a strong career path
-IT support
-Retail management ( if the right opportunity )

Contact info:
Please PM me.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Job Seeker

Location: West Coast; New England (NYC Preferred); Melbourne, Australia

Education: BS Materials Science (Metallurgy and Ceramics), Iowa State University, 2003

Experience: Currently Application Engineer at major automotive supplier working on the General Motors account, Aug. 2011-Present
FMEA, control plans, PPAP, failure analysis, APQP, DV/PV, program management
Presentation creation and delivery

And I worked in a materials lab when I was in university, so I'm handy with lots of analytical techniques, like SEM/EDS, thermo-everything, hardness testing, metallography, etc.

Availability: December

Looking For: Engineering work, preferably materials related, and if you have anything that is primarily failure analysis, I will work for peanuts (figuratively).

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I don't assume theres many massachusetts food industry goons but this is worth a shot.

Job Seeker

Education: BS Food Science and Technology 2012

Experience: 2 Years at ingredients manufacturer that makes chocolate sauce, caramel sauces, dry powdered mixes doing Quality Assurance Technologist work. I worked with Allergens a lot, did internal Auditting, determined causes of process failures and customer complaints and was on the weekly Sensory Analysis Panel.

Almost a Year as an intern at a corn chip company. I did all the routine quality testing and maintained their retetion samples.

HACCP manager certified and SQF Practitioner

Availability: Flexible

Looking For: Anything really. I would like to move into R&D but if a good opportunity presents it self I'll stay QA.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Well if nothing else, every new post bumps the thread for other people, right?

SEEKING DAT JOB

LOCATION: Seattle ... or pretty much anything within a commute (however unreasonable) of Seattle.

AVAILABILITY: December, potentially even November if the job was compelling enough.

EDUCATION: Master's degrees in Criminal Justice and Political Science, A.B.D. in Political Science doctoral program, research primarily on immigration, border security, biometric surveillance, privacy, feminism

EXPERIENCE: College teaching, political campaigns, local government, immigration research, computer game reviews(!).

LOOKING FOR: Literally any job that is not telemarketing/cold-calling/canvassing/generally annoying people, manual labor, or any job that is just "administrative assistant" by another name (though I would probably take such a job if it were called STRIKE COMMANDER or something).

I have applied to hundreds of government, academic, and non-profit jobs over the past year, nothing yet (except an ongoing Secret Service Special Agent process but who knows). I am starting to feel like getting the sort of job that my experience and education has best trained me for may not be possible in the current economic climate.

a lovely poster
Aug 5, 2011

by Pipski

tvb posted:

Trust me, I'm beyond shocked that we aren't getting better candidates. I remember how competitive the market was when I was applying less than a year ago, and it boggles my mind. Most of the applicants we get either 1) Can't write, 2) Have no experience, or 3) Think they deserve a starting salary of 60K a year. Or all of the above.

And also, I remember obsessively checking this thread when I was job hunting, and while it didn't help me find the job I have now, I like to think that I could help out a goon in need.

Pay more or offer better perks

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Job Seeker

Education: B.S. in Applied Mathematics

Experience: Computer work, programming (~1 year). I've had internships for two big name companies working on data analysis and code review.

Availability: Flexible

Looking For: A more involved position that doesn't require sitting in a cubicle 8 hours straight a day (understanding that a big part of the time may be just that). Salary that gives me room for student loans and living expenses.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I am a Job Seeker as of one hour ago

Education: B.A. Theatre Arts (what a loving great idea that was)

Looking For: Some kind of secretary admin assistant job that involves typing a lot of words into a computer, organizing papers, doing menial office work that no-one else has time for, etc.

Experience: A number of temporary office positions doing the above. No permanent positions in nearly a year though. The problem is my schedule is too crazy, leading to my big doozy...

Availability: Part time. I guess this is a deal breaker for a lot of people and I really don't see why: you're paying less money for an employee that takes up fewer company resources! I need a day job that works with an actor's schedule, and I accept that it will be just about as lucrative as waiting tables.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Reposting this for this month... we'd still like to bring on one more writer:

Job Openings: We are looking for a couple freelance writers to help cover storage news in the consumer and enterprise space. Candidates must have excellent English writing skills and should be proficient in current client and enterprise storage technologies.

Experience: Tech geek at heart, know what an SSD is or how it differs from a HDD. Loves to tinker with the latest gadgets.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Job opening: Experienced marine weather forecaster for offshore oil and gas. Valid BOSIET preferred.

Salary: baller, housing is covered, 2 plane tickets home per year (sweet expat package).

Contact me if you qualify.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Switchback posted:

Job opening: Experienced marine weather forecaster for offshore oil and gas. Valid BOSIET preferred.

Salary: baller, housing is covered, 2 plane tickets home per year (sweet expat package).

Contact me if you qualify.

Have you posted in a government shutdown thread?

Orange Somen
Sep 7, 2007
rawn poul 2008
~

Orange Somen fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 6, 2014

glu
Mar 22, 2009
Job Opening:

Position: Development Database Coordinator at LeMay- America's Car Museum

Read full job description and instructions here: http://www.lemaymuseum.org/page.php?id=70

We need someone who is a database pro and is looking for a long term, stable position. Also helps if you are a good self starter/team leader and able to roll with the punches of working for a non profit. You will be rewarded with great people to work with, flexibility in schedule (as long as you get your 40 hours a week in) oh yeah, and we have TWO Delorean's.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Job Seeker

Education: Texas A&M-CC, Bachelors of Business Admin., General Business focus (magna cum laude, not that it seems to be helping much).
Experience: 1 year of customer service before university (:suicide:).
Looking For: Pretty much anything that uses my degree.
Availability: Immediate.
Contact Info: david john williams jr AT gmail DOT com, no spaces; I also have PMs.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Have you posted in a government shutdown thread?

Where's the government shutdown thread? Although I don't think the government employs many marine mets, and we're really looking for oil & gas industry.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Job Seeker

Education: BA - Cinema/Television, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX

Experience:

5+ years of high-level client service as well as basic accounting / business management in the entertainment industry. However, I am open to any type of client service, whether it be entertainment, hospitality, tech, you name it!

Assisted with the day-to-day management of high net-worth clients’ finances.

Managed and processed accounts payable and receivable for all clients, reconciled bank statements monthly, worked directly with vendors on behalf of clients, processed and maintained clients’ payroll including monthly and year-end payroll taxes, booked and maintained brokerage statements, processed 1099 forms, and assisted with preparation of quarterly corporate and personal income tax returns.

I also worked as an implant for a major media company on the lot at Warner Brothers Pictures, focusing on their home video department, necessitating daily interactions with their numerous global offices. Basically, I ensured that all post-production materials made it from my company in a timely fashion to Warner Brothers Home Video. I was also responsible for handling all accounts payable and ensured they were paid in a timely fashion.

Looking For: Full-time employment

Availability: Immediate

Contact Info: PM or jonathan.hawks gmail.com

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Job Seeker

Location: Greensboro / Winston-Salem, North Carolina -OR- Minneapolis, Minnesota

Education: BA - Russian & Linguistics

Experience:
5 years of IT experience, with about 4 of those being server administration. I have a CCNA (routing & switching) cert, I'm one exam (out of three) away from an MCSA in Windows Server 2012, and I have the ITIL Foundations cert. My job has me day-to-day working on network administration (setting up and installing Cisco routers/switches) and server administration (mostly Active Directory and file/print server stuff, but I have experience with IIS, BackupExec, Citrix XenApp, VMware, etc.), but I'm rated and paid as a helpdesk level 1 support guy. I'm desperately looking to get out and find something where I'm actually doing things and creating things and working on projects, instead of trying to fit those things in between 100 "can you reset my password" phone calls per day.

I'm in Winston-Salem right now working in Greensboro, but my wife and I are looking to move to Minneapolis sometime within the next few months or so. If something works out here, great, we'll stay around for a while, but if something happens for us in Minneapolis, that's even better.

Looking For: Full-time employment

Availability: Immediate

Contact Info: PM or ianbtuten@gmail.com

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

dietcokefiend posted:

Reposting this for this month... we'd still like to bring on one more writer:

I don't have any experience writing articles, tech or otherwise, but storage (and specifically emerging solid state storage options) are of huge interest to me, and I keep up with industry news to a certain degree out of personal interest alone. Would you still recommend applying for the job? I'm very technical and I love to tinker, and a freelance position seems like it would work well for me - I like to keep my own schedule and work at my own pace.

Should I make a few mock articles before applying, to show what my writing style is like?

Feel free to PM or email, I'm nigelkf at gmail dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mim
Apr 25, 2010

Job Openings: ~120 open positions in a variety of fields including copywriting, design, software/web development, account management, art director, marketing strategy, and more. Check openings at http://www.rosetta.com/about/careers/

Experience: All levels! Looking for interns for summer 2014, 2014 college graduates, and experienced professionals. Internships and entry level positions are noted as such on the website.

Locations: Los Angeles CA, San Luis Obispo CA, San Francisco CA, Chicago IL, Cleveland OH, Hamilton NJ, New York NY, London U.K.

about : Rosetta is a digital marketing agency, offering a full list of services to our clients. We handle everything from marketing strategy to creative design, web development and analytics. See more at http://www.rosetta.com/work/

Applying: Apply directly on the website.

Interview process: Generally you will be contacted by an HR person for a quick 15-20 minute phone interview. This generally determines if you are a mostly functioning human being with the ability to breathe. Next you will have a more detailed 45 minute interview with an experienced person in the roll you are applying. Expected more detailed questions about topics/skills on your resume. Finally you will have an inperson interview in an office. You will generally spend 20-30 minutes with 3-5 individuals from the group you would be joining, these would usually be 2-3 experienced/senior people at your role and 1-2 managers.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at f1tof8 at gmail .com