Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

I'm ready to do a run of bleeding heart liberal no kill stealth mode and not have to worry about getting stomped by a boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That was my first run.
with the getting stomped part, I mean

Speaking of way back when, does anybody remember when the press release was sent out? I remember that Sarif's computer was hackable in that, but not when the game actually came out. Is there any way I can find out what his computer said?

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDWtJvtBuG0

And yeah, it was only in the leaked version. The third email is the "important" one.

edit: Also, I think the leak happened in late May of 2011. The "first 10 hours" previews using that copy that eventually leaked appeared in early May.

Tecman fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 20, 2013

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I never got around to actually finishing the Missing Link, and I sort of want to replay Human Revolution, so I'm definitely getting it, but here's my dilemma:

-5 bucks for the PC version, which will almost definitely have better graphics, and mouse+keyboard controls
or
-30 bucks to play it on PS3/Vita which sounds awesome as hell; I'm not great with dual stick shooter controls, but sticking the game on easy should be enough

Is there more information that might affect my decision? Like have any of you gotten to mess around with DXHRDC yet, particularly the touchscreen stuff?

Or should I just do the third option: 5 bucks on Tuesday for the Steam version, then wait for the PS3 version to either get a price cut or go on PS+.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Twitch posted:

Or should I just do the third option: 5 bucks on Tuesday for the Steam version, then wait for the PS3 version to either get a price cut or go on PS+.

If I had to guess, it's almost certainly coming to PS+. Even the full launch price is pretty low, and it has a good way to push the Vita. It's like, everything Sony wants to put on the service.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If I had to guess, it's almost certainly coming to PS+. Even the full launch price is pretty low, and it has a good way to push the Vita. It's like, everything Sony wants to put on the service.

I did a little more research, and I'm going to agree and go with the PC version for now. I haven't seen a comparison of what's in the Wii U version vs PS3, and I can't imagine the Vita will have all of the simulated AR-stuff in it (unless they fudge the Wii-style motion sensors with the camera). Also the DLC integration and improved graphics are what are really getting me excited.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Has there been any word at all on the possibility of modding in the PC version?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreatGreen posted:

Has there been any word at all on the possibility of modding in the PC version?

I believe DX:HR uses some weird variant of the engine that Tomb Raider: Underworld used.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I'm curious as to whether any of the WiiU features will translate across to the other versions in any way. I doubt it, but it'd be neat to have the better minimap in the screen corner like the old one.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm curious as to whether any of the WiiU features will translate across to the other versions in any way. I doubt it, but it'd be neat to have the better minimap in the screen corner like the old one.

I read that the PS3 version supports the Vita, the 360 will support smartglass and that PC one will support some other stuff on the Giant Bomb wiki. It seems weird, and will probably suck in practical gameplay, but it might be interesting to try.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I believe DX:HR uses some weird variant of the engine that Tomb Raider: Underworld used.

So is modding possible with that engine?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Why the gently caress has this game not unlocked yet??

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

GreatGreen posted:

So is modding possible with that engine?

There was some possible with the original release, but it was very limited, like changing item sizes and stacking counts in the inventory.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Anti-Hero posted:

Why the gently caress has this game not unlocked yet??

The original had a preorder and preloading, I have no clue why this doesn't outside of "SquareEnix is literally crazy".

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I guess I'll just set my alarm for 3 AM so I can buy it and then go back to bed, so I can play it in the morning when it's finished downloading... :\

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Really glad this happened I was putting off finishing the game too. Will I still have to use enb or will I be ok with vanilla?

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

tankadillo posted:

I guess I'll just set my alarm for 3 AM so I can buy it and then go back to bed, so I can play it in the morning when it's finished downloading... :\

I'm hoping already having the game and DLC will mean I won't have to dl everything all over again :(

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Good thing Detroit finally attracted a new world changing company to help it out of the bankruptcy.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
We'll still be able to use our old save files with this new upgrade, right? i.e. I'm in the middle of my run and I don't particularly want to start everything over again to be able to see the updated stuff.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The last two weapons in the OP weapon list I never saw in game. Are those from Missing Link or did I miss something major?

Edit: Apparently I missed them or more likely am not remembering them since I haven't played the game since it first came out. Tried replaying but never got beyond Detroit.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 22, 2013

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

They're both considerably end-game weapons. The first location for the energy rifle is the docks, and the first location for the plasma gun is Namir. At least one of them pretty obviously got moved late in development.
Fake Edit: Way past Detroit.

Ooh, almost caught up in this thread!

Anti-Hero posted:

Nothing has indicated they've rebalanced those , sadly. Nor the fact that hacking/stealth/non lethal playthroughs are encouraged by the game mechanics.

Any idea how the pricing discount will work on steam? My storefront still lists it at $19.99 even though I own the base game and DLC in steam.
If it's a trade-able coupon that'd be hilarious. I can't really think of another game that's had an upgrade w/ a discount like this before. Maybe some separate upgrade appid?

Oh well, we'll find out in ~1 hour. Didn't notice it had cards before! I'll actually probably wait until the regulars pop in with their opinions; I'm going to be busy and I should probably sell some cards before-hand anyway.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Oh boy, because I live in Australia I get the privilege of waiting an extra 2 days to buy the Director's Cut, because :qq: Retail :qq:. Oh well, at least I'll have time to finish up my Missing Link run and get ready for the fnial playthrough. :(

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Doom Goon posted:

They're both considerably end-game weapons.

Which was always kind of a bummer to me, same with that cool grenade launcher.

...until now since the DC is adding NG+! :iia:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Never played the Missing Link DLC, despite owning it from some steam sale, because I didn't like the idea of not playing "my" character. Also having to stop playing at the appropriate point in the story, load the DLC up, then go back to the main game seemed silly. If it's actually a real part of the game now I'll drop $5 for that alone.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Do we have any comparison screenshots of the PC version? Just wondering how much the graphics were really improved before I upgrade.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Do you fail the game if you just straight up murder all the civilians? I want to try a psychopath run since the first time I played was a pacifist run. Hoping the achievements carry over on steam.

Ion Mage
Dec 21, 2006

Doom Goon posted:

They're both considerably end-game weapons. The first location for the energy rifle is the docks, and the first location for the plasma gun is Namir. At least one of them pretty obviously got moved late in development.
Fake Edit: Way past Detroit.

Ooh, almost caught up in this thread!

If it's a trade-able coupon that'd be hilarious. I can't really think of another game that's had an upgrade w/ a discount like this before. Maybe some separate upgrade appid?

Oh well, we'll find out in ~1 hour. Didn't notice it had cards before! I'll actually probably wait until the regulars pop in with their opinions; I'm going to be busy and I should probably sell some cards before-hand anyway.

Cities XL had discounts on its latest version if you had the previous versions, so it's definitely possible. And I'm certain I've seen it elsewhere on steam.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Ion Mage posted:

Cities XL had discounts on its latest version if you had the previous versions, so it's definitely possible. And I'm certain I've seen it elsewhere on steam.

Call of Pripyat did as well

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Director's Cut is showing as $20 for me even though I have the base game and the DLC, even in the cart. Do I just have to wait for the database to sort itself out?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

404notfound posted:

Director's Cut is showing as $20 for me even though I have the base game and the DLC, even in the cart. Do I just have to wait for the database to sort itself out?

Same here, I'm not clicking through the purchase at this rate.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Great job not offering prepurchase. It appears to be hosed yeah.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

I knew this was gonna be hosed when they didn't offer a preload

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Does anyone know yet if old save games are compatible with the DC?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's $10 for me now, but it should be $5.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I can see it at $10 now, but it's still not counting Missing Link :sigh:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

It's $10 for me now, but it should be $5.

Yeah, I'm seeing $10, but I have both the game and Missing Link.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Boom and $4.99, we're doing this :getin:

e: 15.2gb :stare:

RichieWolk
Jun 4, 2004

FUCK UNIONS

UNIONS R4 DRUNKS

FUCK YOU
Now it's showing the correct price for me. $4.99 :hellyeah:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

it's downloading the whole 15 gigs again god dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Re-downloading the entire game all over again even with the original installed. 15.2gb :negative:

• Locked thread