Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gentleman
Aug 19, 2006

Would you let me see your panties?
I started using MouseKeys to get more clicks out of a frenzy, and saw someone post the tip that you can hold down 5 and + to spam clicks. This works on one of my PC's but not the other, does anyone know how this is enabled? I can't seem to find anything in the mouse/keyboard settings or through google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!

Gentleman posted:

I started using MouseKeys to get more clicks out of a frenzy, and saw someone post the tip that you can hold down 5 and + to spam clicks. This works on one of my PC's but not the other, does anyone know how this is enabled? I can't seem to find anything in the mouse/keyboard settings or through google.

It might not work with mechanical keyboards.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNrdHa06PkM

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Haha love that.

Hmm, so a frenzied click frenzy now gets me about 300Qa cookies... enough to afford one condenser and a few other buildings. Probably time to reset again.

edit: Without clicking golden cookies it would take over 5 days to afford another condenser. Starting at 73Qa the current condenser cost is 311Qa.

Squibbles fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 21, 2013

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Okay, I've been missing the last two upgrades for ages. Anyone know how to unlock them?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

tinaun posted:

Okay, I've been missing the last two upgrades for ages. Anyone know how to unlock them?

You're missing two +25% cookies, but you need 500 and 2000 Heavenly Chips to get them. If you don't have enough, you've got all you can this run.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

tinaun posted:

Looks like you haven't amassed enough HCs to unlock the last two cookie percentage increase upgrades. I think you need 1,000 to get every one of them.

EDIT: Beaten and Wrong, gently caress.

Getawhale
Jan 10, 2004

tinaun posted:

i thought i knew but i don't know

Getawhale fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 21, 2013

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
100 antimatter condensors. I did it yall.

Of course I immediately reset and now I'm going for Neverclick. It's so so hard to not click the big cookie. Help me :(

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

I still can't stop.

There are cookies yet to be clicked.

I need to click all of the cookies.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Sindai posted:

Did he fix it so the later chain cookies don't disappear in a fraction of a second any more?
Shortest time seems to be about 1 second, you can resize the window though so that you're just mashing in a tiny square and will always get the next in the chain.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
So I'm baking at 4 GCps and the remaining 999 teracookie upgrades will take ages. I would need to restart at this point with the heavenly chips, right? Right now I got none.

ps: gently caress this "game". drat it to hell.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Color Printer posted:

You're missing two +25% cookies, but you need 500 and 2000 Heavenly Chips to get them. If you don't have enough, you've got all you can this run.

Sweet, something else to get. I'm at 1400+ chips if I reset now, so I need

just

one

more

upgrade

:f5h::shepface:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How the hell do you get the speed baking achievements? Any suggestions for strategy?

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
They're shadow achievements. They mean nothing. Ignore them while you still can.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But I've run out of regular achievements that I can feasibly get for the time being.

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!
Pretty sure Speed Baking III requires getting a click frenzy, so it's not that feasible either, really. Speed Baking I and II should be doable, however, just click a lot. Didn't really use any special strategies myself, just buying things that seemed best for their price.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
This is my cookie command center:

Columns A-H summarize my build. So far in this game I'm up only up to time machines, after doing my first reset and getting a measly 2 chips. The goal is to keep the marginal cost of CpS close to uniform for all buildings, using the most expensive building as a reference. Column H tells me what to bid on the other buildings, but I rarely need that because adding one of each keeps the build optimal.

On the right I have a few bonuses and their marginal cost of CpS as well. These are a bit underestimated because as soon as I upgrade a building I'll buy more of it, but close enough to use as a reference.

All I do is save up and then buy the cheapest CpS boost I can get. The building aspect of the game is pretty much over for me and if I don't get into pledges soon I'm going to quit from boredom. I promise.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Cstar posted:

Pretty sure Speed Baking III requires getting a click frenzy, so it's not that feasible either, really. Speed Baking I and II should be doable, however, just click a lot. Didn't really use any special strategies myself, just buying things that seemed best for their price.
Yup, Clicking Frenzy, which is really rare. The strategy I used (which I found elsewhere) is to click enough to get the first three finger upgrades at 10 cursor. You buy the first two, and get some CPS to offset the cost (though that doesn't matter much, really, as you'll get most of it through clicks). At 6-7 min a golden cookie will appear, if it's not Clicking Frenzy you reset and start all over again. If it is, click a handful of times, getting enough to quickly buy the 3rd finger upgrade (estimate it out before hand, but go a little over), and then spam click on the cookie. Be ready for this part, you'll want to be fast and not overshoot going back and forth!

I got about half a million (which apparently is slow), and then what you do is figure out the math on how much CPS you'll need to get the rest on your next golden cookie which will more than likely appear at the 12-14 mark.

Figure out this before for Lucky!; if it's a Frenzy then just throw all your cookies into what'll give you the most CPS in the time limit (no use wasting the Frenzy trying to figure out the maximum amount, it's not worth it). You'll want to find a good medium between those two outcomes happening because if you don't have enough bank Lucky! won't give you enough, and holding onto bank to not increase your CPS means you could've got more cookies/buildings during those 6-8 minutes. If against all odds you get a Clicking Frenzy again, you probably will have enough just clicking before you worry about how much time you have left (maybe get "Plastic Mouse", though it'd probably be better just to get a higher CPS beforehand anyway).

It stinks to do, though, I'd just wait until he changes it again :D It only took me once, and I was pretty sloppy, but it was right under the wire, and I had a bad run of getting Clicking Frenzy over the amount of time, too, so it took forever.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

If you spent time clicking golden cookies instead of writing some dumb spreadsheet you'll have to update all the time you'd have condensers by now.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I had condensers before I reset but hey if you want to have a chuckle over your cookie clicking superiority go right ahead man. The sheet is pretty trivial to update but if you think the whole idea is dumb I know you don't want the details.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I forgot to mention another lovely little pothole; because of how the first Heavenly Chip unlocker upgrade costs so little, it'll be the first icon or something. Buy it accidentally and kiss that run goodbye.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
At what CPS do most people seem to think resetting is the best course of action? I am currently at ~2.4b CPS with no chips and the gain is dragging something fierce waiting to be able to buy more stuff (at 60 condensers and 77 Time Machines with everything else at 100 besides cursors(180) and grannies(161)).

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Crazyeyes posted:

At what CPS do most people seem to think resetting is the best course of action? I am currently at ~2.4b CPS with no chips and the gain is dragging something fierce waiting to be able to buy more stuff (at 60 condensers and 77 Time Machines with everything else at 100 besides cursors(180) and grannies(161)).

How many chips will you get if you reset? If it's over 100 you'll probably want to reset now.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

How many chips will you get if you reset? If it's over 100 you'll probably want to reset now.

like 20

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Crazyeyes posted:

2.4 billion cps at 60 condensers seems really low, too. I think you're missing some important upgrades. I get about 3.6 billion cps using https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

LouDog004 posted:

2.4 billion cps at 60 condensers seems really low, too. I think you're missing some important upgrades. I get about 3.6 billion cps using https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

I don't have the 50 condenser double, but have every upgrade up to The Elder Covenent so ~think~ I am on the right track.

Unless I am missing something major I don't know of.

edit: just got Sacrificial Rolling Pins as well.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Need more achievements to boost your kitten bonus.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss
No, that would be the difference. Get Lucky and Big Bang Bake will speed up your cookies enough that I would wait to reset.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Need more achievements to boost your kitten bonus.

Good call. Thanks.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 23, 2013

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Halfway there! :haw:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Merijn posted:

Halfway there! :haw:

So long to go. I'm finally up to 6157 on my 7th reset. I also crossed into 5k heavenly chips on this go, and it's crazy how quickly you can get back up to your old levels of production. Like 4 hours to get back to over 1T per second.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Should I play this again? I kind of want to see what all was added but all the discussion here makes it look like it'd drive me crazy.

e: never mind, clicking.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 23, 2013

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Hell, I'm barely playing it now. Just clicking Golden Cookies and waiting for the big Dungeons update.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I wish I had never found this thread. Can someone offer advice for when I should trigger the One Mind upgrade, if ever?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Carver Crisis posted:

I wish I had never found this thread. Can someone offer advice for when I should trigger the One Mind upgrade, if ever?

ASAP - In a couple hours you'll get the opportunity to buy pacts that take you back to normal cookies while keeping the grandma bonus

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This isn't a "game" after all, is it?

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
It's a way of life. 400 Heavenly Chips and counting.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Hey hey, you know... I was also at 400 Heavenly Chips, but I ran Ccleaner...

:shepface:

I'm done. I'm loving done.
Anyways, I ain't even mad. I started to feel bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

legendsuper posted:

Hey hey, you know... I was also at 400 Heavenly Chips, but I ran Ccleaner...

:shepface:

I'm done. I'm loving done.
Anyways, I ain't even mad. I started to feel bored of it.

Ccleaner cleans cookies as well as crap. It… kind of did its job. :v:

• Locked thread