Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

OK so this is probably public knowledge and I am behind, but Pokemon you capture from the friend Safari always at least have 2 maxed out IV's, when I checked it out for myself I was all like :monocle:

Yeah, that's why Friend Safaris with Ditto in them are the Pokemon equivalent of diamond mines.

In case you haven't heard this one as well, if either breeding parent is holding a Destiny Knot, the child will randomly inherit 5 IVs from its parents.

Both Friend Safaris and the Destiny Knot make breeding a Pokemon with perfect IV's a thousand times easier than it used to be.

e: And I believe things in the No Eggs group actually have THREE perfect IV's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

OK so this is probably public knowledge and I am behind, but Pokemon you capture from the friend Safari always at least have 2 maxed out IV's, when I checked it out for myself I was all like :monocle:

Wait. What. Dear lord. Are you serious. :stare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crosscontaminant posted:

As will baby Pokémon like Riolu and Pichu, because they're in the same breeding group as legendaries.

Actually, It is believed that babies have 3 maxed IVs.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I forgot to post this earlier

Farfetch'd did like 1/2 the work too. That was an easy E4

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Karnegal posted:

That better be Quacklin'.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Karnegal posted:

I'm really glad to see this, I've been rocking my Farfetch'd since I first caught him. He's such a fun guy to have on the team.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

nerdbot posted:

Wait. What. Dear lord. Are you serious. :stare:

Yes

octopiggy
Feb 16, 2012
Got another one!

Before this game the last Shiny I got was like 12 years ago when I had the red Gyrados. Got a new one!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
seriously what is going on :psyduck:

So many people are basically giving these away, it's actually ridiculous

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

david puddy posted:

What in the hell?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So looking at the online battle options, the only way to play a proper 6 pokemon match is to allow legendary pokemon and same pokemon? The only ruleset I see that can disable that only allows 3 pokemon per fight :(

*edit*

oh waiiit I think I am looking in the wrong spot, Instead of battle I should be looking at battle spot.

Battlespot is No special pokemon, no duplicate pokemon, and no duplicate held items, perfect.

*edit again*

but it is still only 3 on 3? bummerrrrrrr

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 22, 2013

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Factory posted:

What in the hell?

Gonna monopolise the shiny Flygon trading market :c00lbutt:

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

On the GTS you're supposedly able to search for pokemon that aren't in your index, however I can only search for ones I've seen. Do I have to wait for the endgame?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Scroll down to the bottom of the alphabet.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Raffles posted:

On the GTS you're supposedly able to search for pokemon that aren't in your index, however I can only search for ones I've seen. Do I have to wait for the endgame?

Scroll down to the bottom, and press the "What Pokemon?" option. You can search for anything (just make sure you spell it correctly)

efb

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Finally beat the Elite 4

Only took me about 120 hours :shepface:

Party was:
Dullahan the Aegislash
Tyrano the Tyrantrum
Jotnar the Abomasnow
Anuriken the Greninja
Nidoking the Nidoking (traded so I couldn't nickname it)
Flameo the Charizard.

All of them got a slice of the action at the Elite 4. I was a bit disappointed with the difficulty with most of them, but the theatrics more than made up for it :allears:. The Champion felt like a good difficulty level, that Mega Gardevoir legit wrecked a lot of my pokemon before I could take it down. Also, I just want to say that Mega Abomasnow is pretty drat tanky, it took a Dragon Pulse and a Fire Blast to the face from that Goodra and survived to Blizzard the poo poo out of it :stare:.

octopiggy
Feb 16, 2012

david puddy posted:

Yeah, this is getting crazy:

No legit shinies in 12 years, now this is my 3rd in the last 12 hours!

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Crosscontaminant posted:

Scroll down to the bottom of the alphabet.

david puddy posted:

Scroll down to the bottom, and press the "What Pokemon?" option. You can search for anything (just make sure you spell it correctly)

efb

Thanks!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

octopiggy posted:

Yeah, this is getting crazy:

No legit shinies in 12 years, now this is my 3rd in the last 12 hours!

I still haven't found any of my own (ever), the Trapinch were all from the GTS (three of them in one night)

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Are Quick Balls supposed to be stupidly overpowered? I was saving my Master Ball for Mewtwo but caught him with a quick ball on the first turn :stare:

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

They're good for most pokemon. Some safari pokemon are just huge pains though (metang...) so you need to use status ailments and ultra/repeat/timer balls for them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

y_3 posted:

They're good for most pokemon. Some safari pokemon are just huge pains though (metang...) so you need to use status ailments and ultra/repeat/timer balls for them.

Miltank is a quick ball destroyer and I have no idea as to why.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

david puddy posted:

Is it all one guy? Maybe he's trying to get a perfect shiny and those are the rejects.

e: And Quick Balls are really strong, but I think catching Mewtwo in one is still like a sub-2% chance unless his catch rate has changed, so good on you.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Aurain posted:

Miltank is a quick ball destroyer and I have no idea as to why.

Seconding this. Literally the only wild pokemon that has given me trouble (took out a few of my starters, drained a whole bunch of ultra balls) so far.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Oh hey, now I can finally stop avoiding this thread like the plague:

Titan, lv 54 Venusaur
Lower level than the rest because I swapped him out for an HM slave for Victory Road, since he didn't particularly need the levels anyway. Only two weaknesses, Leech Seed and Sleep Powder made him my go-to-guy for crippling tougher 'mons in the E4.

Blubby, lv 55 Goodra
The last member to join the team, thanks to being adorable and because Tyrunt was making the team a bit too fighting weak. Became a pretty good special wall/attacker, though between three other tanky 'mons and both Venusaur and Greninja having good special offense I didn't end up using him that much in the League.

WRECKINGBALL, lv 55 Dunsparce
I ran into him at level 5 in the grass before the first gym and he absolutely wrecked me. Even my Froakie, who was twice his level, got one-shot by Rollout. I whittled him down to low health, but he refused to stay in a ball and took out my entire team one by one. In the end, I was down to only a Scatterbug with 4 HP left, when I finally managed to catch him in a premier ball. That's when I knew that this magnificent creature had the pure, unbridled power to take me all the way to Pokemon League Champion. I WAS TOTALLY RIGHT.

Claymore, lv 57 Aegislash
Pretty much my MVP for the E4. Use shield forme to stack Swords Dance and Autotomize, then switch to blade forme and one-shot everything. Ended up doing this to get the most anticlimactic Mega Gardevoir KO imaginable.

Shinobufo, lv 58 Greninja
The definition of glass cannon. Fast and powerful as hell, but if something survived to strike back he usually went down like a chump. As far as starters go, he seemed really good.

Phoenix, lv 55 Talonflame
My other glass cannon, with a suicidal streak thanks to Flare Blitz. The most situational member of the team; everything that was fire- or flying-weak got obliterated, while anything with a rock move was terrifying.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Raffles posted:

Seconding this. Literally the only wild pokemon that has given me trouble (took out a few of my starters, drained a whole bunch of ultra balls) so far.

What makes my anticlimactic mewtwo fight even better is I almost got wiped by a loving ditto right before it because it refused to let me catch it

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Captain Novolin posted:

Are Quick Balls supposed to be stupidly overpowered? I was saving my Master Ball for Mewtwo but caught him with a quick ball on the first turn :stare:

They have been buffed back in Black/White to have x5 capture rate at the start of a wild encounter, as opposed to x4 previously. Still, only Victory Road pokemon started to resist them in my case.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

y_3 posted:

The Metagross line has a catch rate of 3, which is actually the same catch rate as Mewtwo and other legendaries. Such a pain in the rear end to catch.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I love how sometimes when you heal your Pokémon at a Center it switches to a random camera angle, like they're just going "gently caress it, we can DO THIS NOW!!!!"

Wanna see some Nurse Joy rear end up close while she puts your 'mon on the machine? HAVE IT ALL.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I catch everything in pokeballs (including Mewtwo and Zygarde and Articuno) and Metang probably took longer than all those 3 combined. One of the two that I've caught nearly killed my level 82 defense form Aegislash with ineffective moves it took that long.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

david puddy posted:

I catch everything in pokeballs

Might I ask why?

Also, from this conversation and some reports I've heard else where I'm starting to suspect that ALL legendaries have had their catch rate buffed, possibly even as high as Reshiram and Zekrom's, which would actually give the Metagross line the lowest catch rate of anything were that the case.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Man I really hope someone knows something I don't, because the inability to play a proper 6v6 match online(against someone who isn't already on your friend list) is super lame and practically killing any further desire to play the game. 3 vs 3 Pokemon is lame as hell and I don't like gimmick formats.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

LAY-ZX posted:

Might I ask why?

Also, from this conversation and some reports I've heard else where I'm starting to suspect that ALL legendaries have had their catch rate buffed, possibly even as high as Reshiram and Zekrom's, which would actually give the Metagross line the lowest catch rate of anything were that the case.

I dunno, I just like them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
What would be a good moveset for an Azumarill? I should be aiming for an Adamant Nature because of Aqua jet, right?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dr. Fetus posted:

What would be a good moveset for an Azumarill? I should be aiming for an Adamant Nature because of Aqua jet, right?

Aqua Jet
Super Power
Ice Punch/ Play Rough
Waterfall/ Aqua Tail

Oh and it can get Belly Drum with Aqua Jet now, so you can try that out too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Man I really hope someone knows something I don't, because the inability to play a proper 6v6 match online(against someone who isn't already on your friend list) is super lame and practically killing any further desire to play the game. 3 vs 3 Pokemon is lame as hell and I don't like gimmick formats.

I know I played 6v6 online with random people before. There's more than 1 option to battle online! No I don't know why they did this.

commander nojj
Feb 9, 2007
the one and only

Evil Canadian posted:

You can just start up wireless on your p.s.s. And then select battle in the top menu, you can basically set it so that you're searching for a battle, it'll make your icon on other peoples screen glow and it has a bubble showing you want to battle anyone. If you get challenged from there you will be able to go 6 on 6. I haven't messed around with battle spot yet so I couldn't tell you if there is a 6v6 format there yet.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sorry, did I just glance over the part of the story where it explains Malva being part of Team Flare? I don't remember her mentioning it. But here we are, in Looker's storyline, and she's all "Oh yeah I was totally there and tell your dumb gently caress of a boss that I helped god you all suck." So what gives?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

I'm sorry, did I just glance over the part of the story where it explains Malva being part of Team Flare? I don't remember her mentioning it. But here we are, in Looker's storyline, and she's all "Oh yeah I was totally there and tell your dumb gently caress of a boss that I helped god you all suck." So what gives?

I think that WAS the reveal. But I think it must have at least hinted at it somewhere because I had suspected that was the case before she said anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

commander nojj posted:

You can just start up wireless on your p.s.s. And then select battle in the top menu, you can basically set it so that you're searching for a battle, it'll make your icon on other peoples screen glow and it has a bubble showing you want to battle anyone. If you get challenged from there you will be able to go 6 on 6. I haven't messed around with battle spot yet so I couldn't tell you if there is a 6v6 format there yet.

Yeah but if you do that you have to allow legendaries and same pokemon, turning off legendaries/same pokemon forces you into 3v3 mode.

Half the reason I got the game was to play some Pokemon rear end pokemon fights with people, and I hate legendaries but if you don't wanna play with them then it won't let you do 6v6 this poo poo is lame as hell.

*ed*

Not to mention there just straight up is NO 6v6 proper fight option in ranked at all.

• Locked thread