Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsanityRocks
Oct 28, 2006
I'm a rocker . . I'm a roller too baby!

Tanith posted:

Thank you.

I got my series four Tantive IV (shipped from loving Austria), and it's a fun little thing, I'm probably going to go on a microscale binge now. Does anyone want a clone trooper, rebel trooper, Han Solo and Admiral Ackbar? I don't have much use for them.

i would adore the akbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I think this is the best overall Supes set out at the moment, but does anyone have it? Should I get one?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ka0 posted:

I think this is the best overall Supes set out at the moment, but does anyone have it? Should I get one?

I'm probably going to buy it, once I can get it for a decent price. I like the shoulders and helmets of the other Kryptonians and I'm not sure if those canopy pieces have ever been in dark gray before. Also 8 plate hinges in sand green(?).
I don't recognize the piece used for the seats & doors in the jeep, either, and the jeep's missiles look like they're azure 1x1 cones.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
The seats and doors are all one piece: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30149

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Yes, I think one of my monster fighters vehicles has that piece, it's basically one tub which you can surround with pieces.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

This Lego-based kickstarter looks kinda cool, but I want more pics & poses of the mecha, and to know just how compatible they are with Lego.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Pyroclastic posted:

This Lego-based kickstarter looks kinda cool, but I want more pics & poses of the mecha, and to know just how compatible they are with Lego.

It looks promising, but honestly I don't understand why they designed it around the minifig torso and legs. If they're gonna go to the trouble of creating all these neat parts, why not have a core that allows for some more articulation? Though I suppose if the main objective is to have a lego-based game it makes sense, but it still seems like a bit of a waste of time to me.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

InfinEight posted:

It looks promising, but honestly I don't understand why they designed it around the minifig torso and legs. If they're gonna go to the trouble of creating all these neat parts, why not have a core that allows for some more articulation? Though I suppose if the main objective is to have a lego-based game it makes sense, but it still seems like a bit of a waste of time to me.

Probably just to attract the Lego fan base I would imagine or extra attention from using "lego". I really don't understand how it would be considered a 'lego based' game just because it uses a few legos. I'd be more interested in a Lego chess set.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Ka0 posted:

Christopher Meloni minifig? What's not to like? Time for a Law & Order: SVU MOC

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Well goddamn

invoice from some nice Bricklink seller man posted:

Invoice for BrickLink Order #XXXXXXX generated on Oct 21, 2013 13:01
Order Date: Oct 19, 2013 14:27
Payment By: PayPal.com
--------------------------------------
Welcome back!

Please send a grand total of US $167.86 to sales@-----.com Please include your order number with payment by any method!

Your order is being shipped via loving Standard International Mail.

Come back soon!!!

Thanks,
"-------" Shop
Order Summary:
Total Items: 2
Unique Items (lots): 2

Total: US $107.90
Shipping: loving US $59.96
Insurance: US $0.00
Additional Charges: US $0.00
Credit: US $0.00
Grand Total: US $167.86
Items in Order:
* Batch #1 (submitted Oct 19, 2013 14:27)
[New Sealed] 79003 An Unexpected Gathering (x1) ..... US $62.95 each = US $62.95
[New Sealed] 7346 Seaside House (x1) ..... US $44.95 each = US $44.95

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Well goddamn

So you ordered from an international Bricklink store instead of lego.com to save 12 dollars when you get free shipping from lego.com? Not to mention double points this month, giving you $10 worth of VIP points.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

ltr posted:

So you ordered from an international Bricklink store instead of lego.com to save 12 dollars when you get free shipping from lego.com? Not to mention double points this month, giving you $10 worth of VIP points.

The "international mail" part mean they are almost certainly not in the US. And the lego.com prices elsewhere are pretty steep. Like those two sets would run you 95 GBP, or $153 in the UK. So if the shipping from the US was less than $45, that Bricklink store would be a better deal.

smackfu fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 21, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Most of the time though I get good deals. It's some sellers that like to gouge aliens such as I with no-frills shipping; those tariffs are for priority, which is rather fast and dependable to be frank.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Most of the time though I get good deals. It's some sellers that like to gouge aliens such as I with no-frills shipping; those tariffs are for priority, which is rather fast and dependable to be frank.

Yeah I was going to say, thats priority prices, and every time I sell something internationally I ask them up front "do you want it in 6 months with standard mail, or next week with priority". The time difference is staggering but so is the price.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Most shops will have shipping rates in their shop info. Does it suggest anything quite so high? I get packages from all over quite frequently and its rarely over a few bucks and I get them in a week or two. Maybe the boxes are over what's considered a "standard" size?

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

The Rage posted:

Yeah I was going to say, thats priority prices, and every time I sell something internationally I ask them up front "do you want it in 6 months with standard mail, or next week with priority". The time difference is staggering but so is the price.

Does it really take that long to get stuff shipped to Europe? I get stuff from Bricklink shipped from Europe to the US quite often and it's 5-7 days longer with Royal Mail or French Post than domestic packages through USPS.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

InsanityRocks posted:

i would adore the akbar

Shoot me an email at green.martini at gmail dawt cawm and we'll work something out.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
drat, I should have snapped up the Ghost Train and Vampyre's Castle when I had the chance. Now that Halloween is back, my gf is totally bonkers for Monster Fighters again.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They still have various monster fighters sets at my local target, tru, walmart etc, including those two

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

If you're near a K-mart, Check there. Apparently some of those sets are on clearance

Speaking of deals, have the November lego.com specials been announced? I'm buying the lego R2D2 for my mom for Christmas, and was wondering if I should get it this month or next.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Double VIP points would be a compelling reason to get something expensive this month.

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch

jeeves posted:

drat, I should have snapped up the Ghost Train and Vampyre's Castle when I had the chance. Now that Halloween is back, my gf is totally bonkers for Monster Fighters again.

I bought the Haunted House and my wife, daughter and I have been building it since the weekend. It's a heck of a set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dogen posted:

Double VIP points would be a compelling reason to get something expensive this month.

I'll be in Orlando in a few days, and the Winter Cottage is calling.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My local Fred Meyer (Kroger) is clearancing out their Avengers Quinjet set at $35. Half price isn't half bad for half the minifigures in the line.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dogen posted:

Three DeLoreans and a pet shop for me so far. Two DeLoreans were for friends and I'm really hoping one of them does decide to order the Ewok set before the end of the month. So many points!

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 23, 2013

ubese translator
Sep 26, 2005

yah-toh yah-toh yah-tay

The_Doctor posted:

I'll be in Orlando in a few days, and the Winter Cottage is calling.

How does the orlando store stack up to others? I live in NYC and our store is "ok." Albeit they never have much stock. I'll be staying at Disney this weekend, so wondering if I should take some extra cash.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ubese translator posted:

How does the orlando store stack up to others? I live in NYC and our store is "ok." Albeit they never have much stock. I'll be staying at Disney this weekend, so wondering if I should take some extra cash.

It's really big and spread out! Always busy, and there's a real sense of fun about the place. Last time I was there, I bought the Cinema, and the staff seemed as enthused as I was about my purchase. :3:

ubese translator
Sep 26, 2005

yah-toh yah-toh yah-tay
Well, that's refreshing. At the NYC store the employees just tell me I'm better off ordering online. Which they are right, being the NYC price hikes and all. I'm just a glutton for instant gratification.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
The Orlando staff is supremely nice. I recommend staying clear of the store on a Friday or Saturday, especially at night, though.

Extra fun fact: if you go to the Ghirardelli Chocolate store near Lego you get free samples, this month is Pumpkin Spice Caramel, I think.

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

Dogen posted:

We went to the Lego Store in St. Louis this past week and bought The Winter Village, The Winter Cottage, a DeLorean and a few smaller sets for christmas presents. Delorean ended up being free between the points we already had and the ones we accumulated.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Man I want the Ewok Village during this double points period but drat, maybe I can hide it and the cost till Christmas and the wife won't kill me.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Didn't see this posted yet but they chose the next Cuusoo product. The Exo Suit.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6135

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd buy a dozen of those just for the absurd collection of greebles.

I wonder how much of it lego deletes prior to release.

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one
Cuusoo results are out... looks like a lot of results from Winter 2012, and Spring and Summer 2013.

I don't think there are any real surprises there. I kinda hope the Land Rover gets made, kind of reminds me of the Model Team stuff from back in the 90s. Although I do find it kind of ironic that Lego has rejected Zelda twice now, and there is a 3rd Zelda project that is less than 500 away from 10000.

e;fb

dangittj fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 23, 2013

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

dangittj posted:

Cuusoo results are out... looks like a lot of results from Winter 2012, and Spring and Summer 2013.

I don't think there are any real surprises there. I kinda hope the Land Rover gets made, kind of reminds me of the Model Team stuff from back in the 90s. Although I do find it kind of ironic that Lego has rejected Zelda twice now, and there is a 3rd Zelda project that is less than 500 away from 10000.

e;fb

Lego will never make the land rover the way sheepo did, it is around 3500 parts. You can just but the instructions http://www.sheepo.es/2013/02/land-rover-defender-110-instructions.html then bricklink the parts. I figured even with my existing parts it was going to take at least $140 in bricklink orders to make it happen so I backed off for now.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

dangittj posted:

e;fb

Kind of annoyed (but not particularly surprised) that they've dropped even the one or two sentences of explanation for each rejection in favor of a form statement. I mean, it's pretty obvious why everything got turned down but I appreciated getting that glimpse into the process.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I just really want a solid space theme that isn't star wars or a cast away theme. Bring back Ice Planet because neon orange is never out of style.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jesus, there are two Ghostbusters projects up for review next time.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The moral is that licensed projects are easy to get votes, but hard to get produced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Even though we've already had two? I'm not surprised the Minecraft one went ahead but I didn't expect BTTF to.