Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Adam Scott just tweeted some clarifications about the recent article talking about the season, because apparently that's a thing now.

https://twitter.com/mradamscott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Leslie still needs to solve a murder on a train, then she becomes president. Also I miss Champion.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

hcreight posted:

Alternatively, she's made the mental gymnastics required to come up with a scenario where she could run the country while still living in Pawnee. The White House would be her weekend home.

Mon-Tues morning White House
Tues fly back to Pawnee to manage the parks department
Wed morning fly to Ann for breakfast
Wed afternoon, back to White House
Friday is the weekly White House pancake breakfast
Saturday is date night with Ben
Sunday, sleep

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Mon-Tues morning White House
Tues fly back to Pawnee to manage the parks department
Wed morning fly to Ann for breakfast
Wed afternoon, back to White House
Friday is the weekly White House pancake breakfast
Saturday is date night with Ben
Sunday, sleep

You think pancakes would be served only one day a week?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Waffle breakfast. What the hell is wrong with both of you?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timett posted:

We come from Eagleton where they hate breakfast :(

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I just realized we didn't have a new Parks & Recreation last night. Now I'm sad. We don't get a new episode until December right?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
For those who caught onto the "Babip, Pecota, Vorp and Eckstein" joke

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Merauder posted:

Adam Scott just tweeted some clarifications about the recent article talking about the season, because apparently that's a thing now.

https://twitter.com/mradamscott

He's right though. NBC rearranged their Thursday late October/November schedule last week when they cancelled Welcome to the Family. Then a couple days after that some TV writer looked at the new schedule and started screaming that the show was "on hiatus" and that narrative kind of caught fire. It's irritating that episodes got moved and probably doesn't mean good things for the prospects of a Season 7, but we're still getting the same amount of Parks and Rec we were going to get this year and then the show is back to a regular schedule in January.

My God, it's full of stars grit.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 25, 2013

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

I just realized we didn't have a new Parks & Recreation last night. Now I'm sad. We don't get a new episode until December right?

No, we don't get any in December. We'll get 2 on Nov. 14th, and 2 on Nov. 21st.

The fact that I've had to answer this twice now is just proof that NBC is loving up their own show by making people lose track of when it's airing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Timett posted:

Waffle breakfast is Saturday to Thursday. Fridays are pancakes for a bit of a change-up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Oh my god that Vorp better than the last guy joke :allears:

And Babip regressing.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

thexerox123 posted:

No, we don't get any in December. We'll get 2 on Nov. 14th, and 2 on Nov. 21st.

The fact that I've had to answer this twice now is just proof that NBC is loving up their own show by making people lose track of when it's airing.

I dunno, when we didn't have DVR we just never watched tv shows while they were airing. I'd just wait for the season to be put on netflix or something, and I watched a lot less tv in general. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The best law book has four chambers... my heart :smug:

We're through the looking glass now.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I dunno, when we didn't have DVR we just never watched tv shows while they were airing. I'd just wait for the season to be put on netflix or something, and I watched a lot less tv in general. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

The problem is that Nielson ratings track live viewers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

smg77 posted:

The problem is that Nielson ratings track live viewers.

Surely this is an outdated method? P&R must have way more viewers on Netflix/Hulu/DVRs than it has had on live airings over the last few years.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Hakkesshu posted:

Surely this is an outdated method? P&R must have way more viewers on Netflix/Hulu/DVRs than it has had on live airings over the last few years.

The TV Industry is completely outdated and for lack of a better word, stupid.

EDIT: You also underestimate how stupid the American public is.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

The advertisers (the people actually funding the show) don't care how many people watch the show. They care about how many people are watching their commercials.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Not that actual viewership isn't a bad stat to track. It can let you know, for example, how many people might buy a piece of merchandise or the DVDs or something. Or if you wanted to use a show's characters in other mediums (like a commercial, or a cartoon or something), you'd know how big the viewer base is.

In other words, having a better ratings system could allow you to see the possible benefit in monetizing a show in more ways than just TV commercials.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

smg77 posted:

The advertisers (the people actually funding the show) don't care how many people watch the show. They care about how many people are watching their commercials.

They care about how many people in the 18-49 demo are watching the commercials. :(

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They care about how many people in the 18-49 demo are watching the commercials. :(

Good point.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Nickoten posted:

Not that actual viewership isn't a bad stat to track. It can let you know, for example, how many people might buy a piece of merchandise or the DVDs or something. Or if you wanted to use a show's characters in other mediums (like a commercial, or a cartoon or something), you'd know how big the viewer base is.

In other words, having a better ratings system could allow you to see the possible benefit in monetizing a show in more ways than just TV commercials.
Well, it shouldn't be too hard to--with Hulufor example--track precisely how many unique viewers you have for a specific program. I think in the end, we're ultimately going to be moving to a download/streaming model for what will eventually be archaically called TV shows. A sample size used to estimate your audience just is what's best for what people currently consider television. It's essentially an archaic model for an archaic medium. I mean the monetization of TV is currently reliant on people either being ignorant or indifferent of DVRs.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I couldn't get DVR at an apartment complex I lived in because it was "wired" (or some bullshit like that) as a business connection, and as far as Comcast was concerned, I was a business. Even though I was going directly through the cable company and couldn't go through my apartment complex for it. My cable was a LOT cheaper for my "business" than it would have been otherwise though...

The one rep who took the time to explain it to me said that basically they legally (and monetarily) can't allow businesses to have dozens or hundreds of people over to watch something and have those hundreds of people skipping through the commercials.

I guess what I'm saying is I was totally wrong a few posts ago.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That's pretty much it.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Azure_Horizon posted:

Yeah their entire interaction was a big Orphan Black spoof. Specifically with the British accent at the beginning as Tatiana has one in the show for one of the clones but doesn't have one in real life.

I'm a bit :downs: when catching subtleties like this on TV. I wasn't aware she'd be on and I thought to myself, "Is that the actress from Orphan Black? No, she's different, it can't be her." I watched an entire season of Maslany playing 5+ roles on a single show and I didn't fully recognize her until the final scene. :doh:

Maslany got her start doing improv so I hope some of that experience comes into play next episode.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I've been thinking a lot about what I had for dinner and I kinda want to know since the premise seems so familiar to the show that it may well have happened and just slipped my mind: Does Leslie ever try to get Ron to try some quiche, to his usual response, only to have him have a change of heart after trying it since it's basically a pie with eggs and meat and cheese? I was thinking to myself that it's one of the manliest foods with the most misleading names you could have. I know the scenario happens in this show all the time with different things, but I was wondering if it was ever quiche in particular that he comes around to.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

I've been thinking a lot about what I had for dinner and I kinda want to know since the premise seems so familiar to the show that it may well have happened and just slipped my mind: Does Leslie ever try to get Ron to try some quiche, to his usual response, only to have him have a change of heart after trying it since it's basically a pie with eggs and meat and cheese? I was thinking to myself that it's one of the manliest foods with the most misleading names you could have. I know the scenario happens in this show all the time with different things, but I was wondering if it was ever quiche in particular that he comes around to.

What a very strange and very specific request, but no, that hasn't happened

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Quiche is not a manly food, I'm sorry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Frostwerks posted:

Oh god this is a fetish thing isn't it?! It's to specific not to be!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Quiche is not a manly food, I'm sorry.

It has a ton of butter, cheese, and eggs, and often ham or bacon in it.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

It has a ton of butter, cheese, and eggs, and often ham or bacon in it.

That may be so, but here in the USofA calling any French dish "manly" is going to be a very hard sell.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I call it Breakfast Pie :colbert: And they are delicious.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Although it is delicious, real men don't eat "quiche".

e: they eat "bacon and egg pie".

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

That may be so, but here in the USofA calling any French dish "manly" is going to be a very hard sell.

Ron learns of sous vide. His outlook on life is forever changed.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
She could've sent it along with the Robert Burns poem at the distillery.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Ron likes breakfast food. French Toast.
Ron likes Paunch Burger. French Fries.
Your move :smuggo:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

fariz posted:

Ron likes breakfast food. French Toast.
Ron likes Paunch Burger. French Fries.
Your move :smuggo:

Yeah but does Ron ever say he likes "French" Toast or "French" Fries? I figure he would just laugh like when Tom's green card wife asked him to move to Canada.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
TWO episodes tonight?! Christmas came early.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Enjoy this no context preview image

I love so much that the P&R guys put as much thought into their townsfolk as the regular cast, similar to The Simpsons. They all have their own unique character to them, it's really impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
P&R referencing The Princess Bride is going to make my head explode with happiness. Two of my all-time favorite things mashed together, even if only briefly? Yeah, okay!
The real question is, will Ben be dressed as Westley, or Humperdinck?

• Locked thread