Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

May this thread rage on forever like the cock of Gannicus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

etalian posted:

Netflix has the 1st season of Arrow, which has more Manu Bennet goodness.

Also here's liam in his next role:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBq1AupSrLI

Yeah this looks like butt. :(

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Doh004 posted:

Yeah this looks like butt. :(

I guess the best career option is just running over to Arrow?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

etalian posted:

I guess the best career option is just running over to Arrow?

I approve. What kind of superhero would Liam play?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Torrannor posted:

I still want him as Batman. #BringerOfWayne forever y'allz.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BreakAtmo posted:

I still want him as Batman. #BringerOfWayne forever y'allz.

Since Affleck prevented that from happening, I wouldn't mind Liam as Aquaman or something.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

teagone posted:

Since Affleck prevented that from happening, I wouldn't mind Liam as Aquaman or something.

Nah, that role belongs to Philip Winchester from Strike Back.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

teagone posted:

If only Marvel and DC could have a truce with Arrow's production and give us Liam as Daredevil for laughs.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Torrannor posted:

Just for maximum irony he should be Billy Wintergreen in Arrow. Yes I know He gets killed, but come on, it's a pretty obvious "never found the body" kind of thing and we never saw his face in any of his appearances anyway so I say put him in.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wandle Cax posted:

Nah, that role belongs to Philip Winchester from Strike Back.

Dudecrush aside, +1

Liams new Lynx deodorant add, wearing the gently caress outta that suit btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SviDplb-3RY

OH SNAP he's got a batcave caesar head button!

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 23, 2013

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008
Just rewatched Gods of the Arena episode 1. How nostalgic, that the only character from it who survives the entire show is Vettius, who gets sent off at the end of the first season. Really, people say GoT kills off a lot of its characters, but no show has ever touched Spartacus for character mortality.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

not joseph stalin posted:

Just rewatched Gods of the Arena episode 1. How nostalgic, that the only character from it who survives the entire show is Vettius, who gets sent off at the end of the first season. Really, people say GoT kills off a lot of its characters, but no show has ever touched Spartacus for character mortality.

Another neat note was the attrition for all the minor redshirt gladiator characters such as the pig gladiator Rhaskos and how by the final season only a small group is left of the original brotherhood.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Varro's death was the first time I really got the feeling of wanting to murder a fictional villain in cold blood.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

Varro's death was the first time I really got the feeling of wanting to murder a fictional villain in cold blood.

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMTZYx1fENM

It's a interesting side note how Varro was originally scripted to go the red shirt early on but the screen chemistry was so good they decided to make him a more prominent supporting character.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Too bad Jai Courtney had to go throw away all the good will he built up with that terrible, terrible Die Hard movie.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Midnight City posted:

Too bad Jai Courtney had to go throw away all the good will he built up with that terrible, terrible Die Hard movie.

He was decent in Jack Reacher.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

They should have made Varro as Castus instead since supposedly he was a roman and also one of Sparsptacus' generals.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So has anyone watched the extended episodes? How much more content do they actually add?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
first season extended episodes is pretty much sex or orgy scenes, second season is a mix of extra sex snippets or naked chicks, and some dialog. Haven't seen the rest yet.

For the most part you'd barely notice the difference, but some of the dialog you might realise wasn't on the TV version.

One particular bit was the male prostitute hanging upside down in 2x01, in the extended he has cum on his face

not all the episodes are extended. 4 in season one, 9 in season 2, and i think all in season 3.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 27, 2013

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Rocksicles posted:

first season extended episodes is pretty much sex or orgy scenes, second season is a mix of extra sex snippets or naked chicks, and some dialog. Haven't seen the rest yet.

For the most part you'd barely notice the difference, but some of the dialog you might realise wasn't on the TV version.

One particular bit was the male prostitute hanging upside down in 2x01, in the extended he has cum on his face

not all the episodes are extended. 4 in season one, 9 in season 2, and i think all in season 3.

Television needs DeKnight to come back already.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

in the extended he has cum on his face

I can't see why this didn't make it to air.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Thats pretty funny that the extended features amount to more dong

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Everything can be made better with more dong. May your cock rage on.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Are they any different than the extended episodes on the Blu-ray?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

bobkatt013 posted:

Are they any different than the extended episodes on the Blu-ray?

I think they're the same. I just got my Bluray set in the mail. I got tired of waiting for a US box set and they were $13 each on Amazon for Black Friday. Time to marathon the show again! I'm trying to get my wife to watch, but she's loving stubborn, by Jupiter's cock!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny how much the CW has grabbed up actors from this show. There's a bunch on Arrow and Simon Merrells (Crassus) joined The Tomorrow People as one of the head bad guys.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I just read that DeKnight is working on an adaption of an Italian crime series named "Romanzo Criminale" for Starz. It's supposed to be about a gang selling coke in the 60s and 70s and is going to be transplanted to Philadelphia instead of Italy. http://www.avclub.com/article/starz-is-developing-a-new-series-about-a-drug-slin-106376

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
While I'm sure this will be good, I wanted Spartacus in Space.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spacetacus or fail... get with the program Starz.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

sleepingbuddha posted:

While I'm sure this will be good, I wanted Spartacus in Space.

What happened to that? Is he not doing it anymore? I thought it was a go.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steven DeKnight ‏@stevendeknight 17h
Far from it. I will get it made, but gonna take a few years. RT @losthero47: .@stevendeknight So Incursion....definitely dead?

That was today.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Probably still too expensive for Starz, unfortunately. Remember that season of Torchwood on Starz? Don't think they could afford full-on sci-fi much less Torchwood-level stuff.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sober posted:

Probably still too expensive for Starz, unfortunately. Remember that season of Torchwood on Starz? Don't think they could afford full-on sci-fi much less Torchwood-level stuff.

wasn't that season of Torchwood a pure location shoot though, with shitloads of actors and extras? i didnt really pay attention to it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

HBO should pick it up, god damnit.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

drat it, I was really looking forward to that.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

wasn't that season of Torchwood a pure location shoot though, with shitloads of actors and extras? i didnt really pay attention to it

I thought I read somewhere that that's sort of what he was intending with Incursion, lots of physical locations rather than sets and green screens. I have no idea of the process so I'm probably talking out of my rear end here, but I'd think filming in locations exotic enough to seem like different alien worlds would be almost, if not more expensive than paying for all those extras and city filming permits. I know he wants to move into real location filming, but he's probably still going to have to compromise a lot with Starz on sets and green screen.

Either way, it sucks. I know how hype everyone has been, and I was knocking on wood to be seeing it coming out in the next couple of years :(

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

KatWithHands posted:

I thought I read somewhere that that's sort of what he was intending with Incursion, lots of physical locations rather than sets and green screens. I have no idea of the process so I'm probably talking out of my rear end here, but I'd think filming in locations exotic enough to seem like different alien worlds would be almost, if not more expensive than paying for all those extras and city filming permits. I know he wants to move into real location filming, but he's probably still going to have to compromise a lot with Starz on sets and green screen.

Either way, it sucks. I know how hype everyone has been, and I was knocking on wood to be seeing it coming out in the next couple of years :(

I remember this interview or blurb as well. Wanting to shoot on location as much as possible and scouting. Hopefully alot of the scifi stuff popping off now is successful and someone studio exec resurrects the idea. You have Wachowski's Jupiter Ascending and Nolan's Interstellar dropping next year. There's also the Wachowski & JMS Netflix show that's supposed to air late 2014 too.

Perfect world we'd have Incursion ball rolling already but I'm hoping that stuff does well enough to warrant a secondlook from starz or maybe another network. Maybe Spartacus entirely out on video will boost DeKnight's profile in some circles.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

IGN reviewed The Legend of Hercules: http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/11/the-legend-of-hercules-review

Mostly a really negative 4.0/10.0, but there was one paragraph I felt belonged here:

quote:

In fact, the only decent actor in the whole thing is McIntyre, whose background playing the lead in Spartacus: War of the Damned serves him well in assuming the role of Captain Sotiris. Not only does his character have the most compelling backstory, but his portrayal of "the hero's best bro" is one of the only emotional constants that feels genuine, even if it is unconvincingly reciprocated by Lutz's Herc.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress yea that's awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

BreakAtmo posted:

IGN reviewed The Legend of Hercules: http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/11/the-legend-of-hercules-review

Mostly a really negative 4.0/10.0, but there was one paragraph I felt belonged here:

Now I'm just picturing McIntyre trying to recreate the bloody arm clasp scene, with no response, and it makes me sad.

• Locked thread