Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

BlueDestiny posted:

The most annoying thing about exploiters is now I can't sell my legitimate car I don't like anymore because it's worth more than 50k :argh:

That's got nothing to do with exploits, that's the way its been since day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

I dunno, one time a fellow goon's tricked out Elegy ended up in my garage and I sold it to LCS for 88 grand. Especially odd since you can't even sell an elegy you own for any price.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
The biggest problem with the payout reduction for me is that for some reason I haven't gotten a full payout since the change, on anything. Even new stuff.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

ZombieReagan posted:

I never pay any attention to the names or crew affiliations of the white or red dots I kill, like a true sociopath.

A couple days ago I got on a weird server with only two other people, both in my crew. One guy had a $7k bounty, I just got done watching Sunderland lose 4-0 and like gently caress I wasn't gonna kill that kid.

edit: This is the mark of a true champion

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 23, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Whoever it was that said planting stickies on the ground in front of Simeon's garage is a genius. I was playing with a buddy and he mentioned that someone took the high priority car. We headed to the garage and I planted two stickies on the ground and drove away. He stuck around to try to kill the guy. The person showed up and killed the guy I was with. I'm guessing he got a false sense of security after killing the person trying to intercept him and drove to the garage. He got the door to open and then I blew him up.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
crosspost from sp thread...

God I love this game.

Fired up online to screw around, grabbed a helicopter and was hopping from convenience store to convenience store. Getting into the outskirts of the western side of the map, I noticed two other players riding together trying to shake some 3-star cops and failing pretty hard at it. So I decided to set the chopper down near them in the hopes they'd get the idea to get in, and help them lose their tail. They must've been on the same wave-length because they hopped right in.

As soon as I took off the police chopper slammed into us, sending us careening into a building and killing all 3 of us. When we all respawned they ran up to me and beat me mercilessly with baseball bats.

I couldn't stop laughing.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Scarf posted:

crosspost from sp thread...

God I love this game.

Fired up online to screw around, grabbed a helicopter and was hopping from convenience store to convenience store. Getting into the outskirts of the western side of the map, I noticed two other players riding together trying to shake some 3-star cops and failing pretty hard at it. So I decided to set the chopper down near them in the hopes they'd get the idea to get in, and help them lose their tail. They must've been on the same wave-length because they hopped right in.

As soon as I took off the police chopper slammed into us, sending us careening into a building and killing all 3 of us. When we all respawned they ran up to me and beat me mercilessly with baseball bats.

I couldn't stop laughing.

This is what GTA was made for!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bow chicka wow wow posted:

edit: This is the mark of a true champion

That ain't nothin'.

After a while you start running out of things to buy. The only thing that I don't have that I still want is the cargobob.

Heck, I think I own both models of Bus.

Maj._Victory
Sep 16, 2007

BUILD MORE CITY WALLS!
Ramrod XTreme
Yeah I just love some of the random poo poo that can happen. One of the more hilarious moments I had recently was a fist fight with a random pubbie that ended when an npc driven car decided to run us both down with no warning. In retrospect I guess having a brawl in the middle of the street was a bad great idea!

edit: ^^^^^^^ holy crap dude!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

That ain't nothin'.

After a while you start running out of things to buy. The only thing that I don't have that I still want is the cargobob.

The only reason I did it was because I was tired of waiting for the stimulus package and wanted an apartment. drat, dude. :stare:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Yeah, that puts my 10.6m in car sales to shame. I was surprised I'd hit that much, but I did the newer car glitch quite a bit the other night.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Playing with some Mountain Crew folks - hamsammich and SingleMom420, to be exact. Ham is in a tank driving around and the same pubbies just keep attacking him over and over. Somehow he is managing to not blow us up and we're mopping up whatever he can't get to quick enough. Hilarious. Single Mom has the cargobob now too.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 23, 2013

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Psion posted:

They're incredibly common and are one of the best things to sell at LSC because they go for a high price and spawn routinely. No sense buying it, just jack one (or three) off the street and shove them into your garage. I am rarely without at least one in my garage awaiting the LSC sale cooldown when I'm in freeroam.

The only car you should be stashing to sell is the one the lawyer drives in the "Out of Court Settlement" mission. It has bulletproof tires and sells for 22k.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
Felt good to buy that $253k apartment and then instantly start to fill the garage by cashing in on my free social club car with a hot pink Elegy and buying the $12k Dinka Double T. Now I just need a better helmet.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
How do you actually gain the ability to request missions from Ron, Lester or any of the other people you unlock? I'm level 21 and I can still only request from Gerald and Simeon. I can tell it's something obvious and that I'll feel like a dumbass when someone tells me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dangerous Person posted:

How do you actually gain the ability to request missions from Ron, Lester or any of the other people you unlock? I'm level 21 and I can still only request from Gerald and Simeon. I can tell it's something obvious and that I'll feel like a dumbass when someone tells me.

Just keep playing and level up, they unlock eventually.

Also sorry to Slamzor for dying during Sinking Feeling so you had to grab both SUVs, I got bullshit sniped by the AI from a ridiculous angle, I swear.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Sarcophallus posted:

Getting someone with a car-bomb outside of LSC is probably the best thing. Thrax23 had the pleasure of being an unwitting witness to a poor pubbie blowing himself (and his nearby car) to hell. It accrues bad sport points, unfortunately. Like every other fun thing in this game.

This got me thinking: couldn't someone just pour a big gasoline puddle in front of the ramp at an occupied LSC and then backfire it the instant a vehicle emerges?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

The only reason I did it was because I was tired of waiting for the stimulus package and wanted an apartment. drat, dude. :stare:

Once you got the Adder modded up it became maybe 45 mins to an hour of selling to get that 20 million. I spent more time doing Rooftop Rumble to get the initial seed money.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Locobono posted:

The only car you should be stashing to sell is the one the lawyer drives in the "Out of Court Settlement" mission. It has bulletproof tires and sells for 22k.

Can you do this with one person? I'm sitting in it right now, but when I try to garage it it says "you can't access your garage while you have a mission objective". If it despawns after turning in the mission to Martin, how do you hold on to it to sell?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

titties posted:

Can you do this with one person? I'm sitting in it right now, but when I try to garage it it says "you can't access your garage while you have a mission objective". If it despawns after turning in the mission to Martin, how do you hold on to it to sell?

Garage it before picking up the briefcase.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

DO NOT pick up the briefcase.

1) Kill Lawyer
2) DO NOT TAKE BRIEFCASE
3) Take lawyer's car to your garage
4) Go back and get briefcase and finish mission.

You cannot enter a garage carrying a mission item, and you cannot drop it. Don't pick it up until after you safely stash the car.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

poo poo. Thanks.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

BitBasher posted:

DO NOT pick up the briefcase.

1) Kill Lawyer
2) DO NOT TAKE BRIEFCASE
3) Take lawyer's car to your garage
4) Go back and get briefcase and finish mission.

You cannot enter a garage carrying a mission item, and you cannot drop it. Don't pick it up until after you safely stash the car.

This. I spend my hour between sales calling him every so often until I get this mission so that I have one garaged. Also, kill the lawyer by driving up behind him at a stoplight and shotgunning him in the back of the skull on foot. No fuss, no muss

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
gently caress this game is next level bullshit up there with Mario Party. How the hell was I supposed to know the AI can shoot right through the fuckin orange construction railing poo poo on the 2nd floor of the construction yard.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

s0m3 guy posted:

gently caress this game is next level bullshit up there with Mario Party. How the hell was I supposed to know the AI can shoot right through the fuckin orange construction railing poo poo on the 2nd floor of the construction yard.

Always look at the enemy this way: they are all world-class snipers who all tied for Gold at an Olympic shooting exercise. Never approach without SOME form of cover and don't even bother with Free Aiming because they'll whittle you down before you can even aim your sights at half of them.

e.

And beware of them spawning in out of nowhere from time to time.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 23, 2013

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Hockles posted:

The RGR crew ran some experiments last night. We tested out some vehicles to see if they would work with 4+ passengers.

+4 Passengers:
City Bus
Tour Bus
Sheriff SUV (4 inside + 2 hanging on stair/rail)

Max 4 Passengers:
Sandking XL
Any other SUV with Rails/Stairs.

Untested:
Bravado Bison (huge truck, similar to Sandking)

In summation. I need a sheriff SUV.

I went through 50 pages trying to find the post where someone listed the number of unique modifications for each car... could not find it.

We need to start a Spreadsheet to keep track of things like what cars can be modded or sold or garaged online, what they sell for, basic stats like that. A spreadsheet would be loving fantastic.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
I need like, five more wins if anyone wants to trade for half an hour.

[psn: digitist]

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
To unlock the custom gun skins it says to kill 100 players. Can that be npcs in missions or is it 100 user players?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

56k posted:

To unlock the custom gun skins it says to kill 100 players. Can that be npcs in missions or is it 100 user players?

Yep, that's up to 600 players for every single weapon to get different colors. Fortunately, you can buy pink with money. And Pink is all that matters :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rapdawg posted:

I went through 50 pages trying to find the post where someone listed the number of unique modifications for each car... could not find it.

We need to start a Spreadsheet to keep track of things like what cars can be modded or sold or garaged online, what they sell for, basic stats like that. A spreadsheet would be loving fantastic.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573192&userid=105967#post420533710

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Ganging up with crew members and killing tons of pubbies over and over is really what this game is about. Had fun with Brotein Shake and TooManyPowers up in the airfield tonight against a particular fucker with a minigun and RPG.

Any time multiple crew members are on a map and not running missions we should just be in a cluster loving poo poo up.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 23, 2013

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lunethex posted:

and don't even bother with Free Aiming because they'll whittle you down before you can even aim your sights at half of them.

If you're bad at the game sure :colbert:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Its finally saving properly again. Glicthing money like crazy now since the fucks ate my money and half the cars in my garage. gently caress 'em.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Been doing this for a few days now. Even better is if you put a sticky bomb on the blocking cars so you can explode some pubbies incase you miss your sniper shots. A real goddamn shame the dropping all your money on death mechanic doesn't work. They get mad enough as it is, I can only imagine the tears if they dropped all their exploited money.

Trying to enforce some moral code is almost worse then them just doing it lol.

If you're going to blow people up do it for fun
Not to be an honor glitch police, but ironically watch out either way, those are their personal cars meaning too many in a row, bad sport.

Reeoorb posted:

I need like, five more wins if anyone wants to trade for half an hour.

[psn: digitist]

I think I'm in if no one else does it with you. I need like 19 I think, I'll let you get your 5 in a row though.
Windsurferash2

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is there some reason not all of the cars/vehicles have actual pictures when you go shopping online? Kind of hard to make a decision on what bike to buy when you don't know what they look like...

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Jihad Joe and the BIG DIGGER NICK crew would like to wish Rockstar a happy National Nut Day, eat up!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

NattyBo posted:

Playing with some Mountain Crew folks - hamsammich and SingleMom420, to be exact. Ham is in a tank driving around and the same pubbies just keep attacking him over and over. Somehow he is managing to not blow us up and we're mopping up whatever he can't get to quick enough. Hilarious. Single Mom has the cargobob now too.

I got on that server (cashcamden), saw the green dots and heard the people on mic talking about that "loving tank" and I figured it was us - and I was correct! That and the bounty who hid up in the construction, good times.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Reposting this because the thread moves fast, and this idea only works if a lot of people know about it and start using it.

Temporary crew for BAD SPORTS to find each other easily

The Bad Sport Bears
(Always open, multi-platform, temporary crew for bad sports)

The idea is goons stuck in bad sport hell can't really find each other (and keep getting mission invites they can't accept), so basically with this (always open) crew the players from all our crews can join whenever they get BS status so they can actually meet up and have fun. Then once your time in hell is up, just go back over to R* social and leave the crew to make room for others.

Just come and go as you need to.

We probably don't have too many in lock up at any given time, so this should work as a multi-platform crew. Obviously there aren't any members right now, but hopefully this catches on and we can make bad sport hell a lot more fun for each other.

Party Plane Jones posted:

That ain't nothin'.

There's a pubbie I play with that had over 130 million in car sales last time I checked (this was when people were still using the [i]old[i] car glitch. Wish I had taken a screenshot before he wised up and made his stats visible to him only.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

Trying to enforce some moral code is almost worse then them just doing it lol.

If you're going to blow people up do it for fun
Not to be an honor glitch police, but ironically watch out either way, those are their personal cars meaning too many in a row, bad sport.

Who says I am doing it for some moral code? poo poo, I exploit the selling glitch myself. I have no delusions about it. I just love to grief pubbies and it is easy to do because they concentrate around LCS. And yea the sticky bombs are only a last resort if I miss my sniper shots. I am wary of the bad sport penalty for blowing up their vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kelly posted:

I got on that server (cashcamden), saw the green dots and heard the people on mic talking about that "loving tank" and I figured it was us - and I was correct! That and the bounty who hid up in the construction, good times.

Oh hey, I think I may have rammed you a few times. No cause for alarm, just meant to say hello. :sterv:

• Locked thread