Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Fork the ocean.

There's something like this at a town I used to live in: a literal fork in the road.

The guy who put it up has several other odd metal sculptures and things in the area, including a gigantic Prozac pill (which frustratingly is labelled as "1,000,000 mg", or 1 kilogram, making it a rather light pill for its size!).

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
That's probably the funniest original joke to every single Smalltown, USA.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My town wishes it has a forked road to make that joke. There's probably more posters in this thread than we have population.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I grew up in a town called American Fork, and we didn't have any god drat fork statues :(

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Is that the costume from 2009?

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

I'd hate to see the spores from that thing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I live in a town called Grand Forks and its a thing for local businesses to have large painted metal forks hanging out in the entry way.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Goodpancakes posted:

I live in a town called Grand Forks and its a thing for local businesses to have large painted metal forks hanging out in the entry way.

Only thing you'll find there besides liquor and sadness, too :smug:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Segmentation Fault posted:

There's something like this at a town I used to live in: a literal fork in the road.

How is it a literal fork in the road when it's on the lawn?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

I want me a micro-gull to sit on mah head :3: (yes yes I know)

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Mescal posted:

Is that the costume from 2009?

You made me laugh this morning. I needed that. Thanks. :)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mmm...elephant fresh...:downs:

V V V have you heard? About the bird? Everybody knows that the bird is the word! V V V

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Oct 23, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

DrBouvenstein posted:

\

Just when you think things can't get any worse...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I get that it's a parody but why are its hind legs on backwards? :gonk:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

DrBouvenstein posted:

V V V have you heard? About the bird? Everybody knows that the bird is the word! V V V

I hope Everdraed gifs the poo poo out of this one.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nasty hobbitses!

And many, many more ...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

that's a snail, Gregor, what the gently caress. You set out to do ONE SIMPLE THING and you gently caress it up.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

that's a snail, Gregor, what the gently caress. You set out to do ONE SIMPLE THING and you gently caress it up.

Maybe there's a sexy shell removal scene, or the snail girl is really a slug girl trapped in a snail girl's body.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hey, let me just check if we received that part back from the tech yet...

:catstare: EDIT: I think they misspelt my coworker's name.

We have it printed up and taped next to where our FedEx guy drops off our stuff. We're going to ask him what that's all about because he's a cool guy and I don't think that he meant that for us, maybe someone else in the building. We're not going to report him or anything, just laugh at it and see what he has to say.

IUG has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Oct 24, 2013

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Seems like rear end in a top hat is the person your friend FedEx driver delivered it to, though

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

IUG posted:

Hey, let me just check if we received that part back from the tech yet...

:catstare:

We have it printed up and taped next to where our FedEx guy drops off our stuff. We're going to ask him what that's all about because he's a cool guy and I don't think that he meant that for us, maybe someone else in the building. We're not going to report him or anything, just laugh at it and see what he has to say.

You might want to highlight what you're talking about, it took me several minutes to understand why that was funny.

Edit - never mind, Vicas has it covered.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vicas posted:

Seems like rear end in a top hat is the person your friend FedEx driver delivered it to, though

It would have been my coworker who signed the package in on Monday.

Tempus Fugit posted:

You might want to highlight what you're talking about, it took me several minutes to understand why that was funny.

I don't think that would help make it less funny though. Also all I have at work is Paint.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

IUG posted:

It would have been my coworker who signed the package in on Monday.

I don't think that would help make it less funny though. Also all I have at work is Paint.

Uh, Paint can do red squares around text just fine.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Well, he's probably going to get asked about that at work. When I delivered ground packages for them they raised a fuss because a friend of mine signed my scanner with a little picture and I typed his name as Dick instead of Richard. They came up to me with a printout of the signature/name and gave me poo poo about it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

freeedr posted:

Well, he's probably going to get asked about that at work. When I delivered ground packages for them they raised a fuss because a friend of mine signed my scanner with a little picture and I typed his name as Dick instead of Richard. They came up to me with a printout of the signature/name and gave me poo poo about it.

Well we're not going to complain, so we'll see what he says tomorrow when he comes in. I imagine he meant that for someone else in the building because we joke with him usually.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

This is awesome.
Could somebody with a daft touch avatarize this one for me? All I've got is MS Paint... :(

I am open to suggestions for text too...

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

deoju posted:

This is awesome.
Could somebody with a daft touch avatarize this one for me? All I've got is MS Paint... :(

I am open to suggestions for text too...

Without a border:

With a 1px black border:

No idea for text.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Looks better with the border.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wheres the ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU