Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Nakar posted:

I think she's from another region, so the gym must be recent, although it still doesn't explain it.

It also means that Togepi, the very first pokemon egg ever discovered and hatched, was miscategorized the entire time it existed until now. And also that for some reason Jigglypuff and Clefairy were just allowing Fighting types to hit them for super-effective damage even though, in fact, they resisted that the whole time. What does it all mean!?

Jigglypuff has always been at war with fighting types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I thought Pokemon just spontaneously appear and radically change all the time in the Pokemon universe? Maybe they all literally changed into Fairy types when the Fairy type was discovered.

e: and of course Nintendo gives absolutely zero fucks about the Pokemon universe being logically consistent.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 23, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Maybe people in pokemon are loving retarded. I mean it took til the third game for a giant whale to be discovered.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fibby Boy posted:

Maybe people in pokemon are loving retarded. I mean it took til the third game for a giant whale to be discovered.

Ding ding! How else did a series of 10 year-olds wipe out all organized crime in their respective countries? :v:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fibby Boy posted:

It also took them until the fourth generation to discover Pokemon-God and Pokemon-Fundamentals (Space and Time)

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Finally hatched a shiny Charmander! In a luxury ball! With very good IV's! And Solar Powered! And an ID number of 42069!

This is the best day of my Pokemon Y career :allears:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's the deal with Plusle and Minun? I'm on the route the game says they are on but I can't get either to show up?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the deal with Plusle and Minun? I'm on the route the game says they are on but I can't get either to show up?

Use sweet scent or honey.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fibby Boy posted:

"Whadda you mean Pokemon can breed?"

Seeing that Bergmite and Amaura are the only new ice evolutionary lines, are either of them good? I've brought my Aurorus to level 50 but he's been underwhelming and I always like to have an ice-type on my team. Is Bergmite/Avalugg worthwhile?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Average Bear posted:

Finally hatched a shiny Charmander! In a luxury ball! With very good IV's! And Solar Powered! And an ID number of 42069!

This is the best day of my Pokemon Y career :allears:

jesus christ a buy a lottery ticket or something

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Internet Kraken posted:

The Nintendo guide lists the frequency for both as "almost never". Also, Plusle only shows up in a horde encounter in Y, Minun only shows up in a horde encounter in X.

FauxGateau posted:

Use sweet scent or honey.

Also, use a Pikachu or something else with the ability Static as your lead, since that'l raise the encounter rate for electric types.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Seeing that Bergmite and Amaura are the only new ice evolutionary lines, are either of them good? I've brought my Aurorus to level 50 but he's been underwhelming and I always like to have an ice-type on my team. Is Bergmite/Avalugg worthwhile?

As long as it's an ice type that isn't Mamoswine the answer is always going to be "no," but Avalugg is pretty fun. It can survive multiple rock, fighting, and steel moves and hit back with Earthquake and Avalanche, or just set up Rock Polishes and Recover off any health it lost. If it gets hit by a special attack it's just going to melt, though, no matter how much health it has.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Avalugg has the highest physical bulk in the game and access to Rapid Spin and Recover. Sadly its typing leaves a lot to be desired but it's not terrible.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Fibby Boy posted:

I dunno if people in regions other than Kalos ever used Pokemon for warfare, on another note :iiam:

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Electric types saved my life back in the war!

Okay, you got me, and that was from the very first Pokemon games, too :downs:

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 23, 2013

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

Professor Oak in gen 1

"There are 151 pokemon in the world. Huh, Johto, what's that? Literally right down the road? Nope, don't know what you're talking about."

I think you may be on to something.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Where is everybody getting Torchic and the other RSE starters? Serebii lists those as Currently Unobtainable in XY.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Part of me wishes there ere a series wherein people would dive deeper into the realm of Pokemon and explain how certain things can be unknown for generations, but learnt the next. Like, how was Pichu not known about when there was a mansion full of Pikachus? Why is Dittochu not something I can catch?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Those ghost trees are kickin' rad, and remind me of Stubsuck/GhosTree/Facetree from Dragon Warrior Monsters, so are they any good? Like, at all?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's actually funnier then that.

To this day nobody knows where Pokemon eggs come from.

The Day Care people just go "Wow! Where did this egg come from?"

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Where is everybody getting Torchic and the other RSE starters? Serebii lists those as Currently Unobtainable in XY.

Torchic is a Wi-Fi Mystery Gift event going on right now.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet
Dude like the profs even have the time to sit down and tell some kid everything about everything.

Hell in Gen VI the prof doesn't even bother with it. Here's a pokedex some guy told some guy to give to me to give to you.

Annath posted:

Those ghost trees are kickin' rad, and remind me of Stubsuck/GhosTree/Facetree from Dragon Warrior Monsters, so are they any good? Like, at all?

Oh man I wish they were, but mine sucks so bad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dr Pepper posted:

Torchic is a Wi-Fi Mystery Gift event going on right now.

Ah! I didn't know the Mystery Gift was a changing thing. A buddy told me it gives you a Charmander or something (at launch) and I figured it was always that. Guess I don't know what mystery gift is!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Livingtrope posted:

Professor Oak in gen 1

"There are 151 pokemon in the world. Huh, Johto, what's that? Literally right down the road? Nope, don't know what you're talking about."

I think you may be on to something.

And there are probably another 500 Pokemon that will be discovered in the next 10 years along with the rainbow and space types

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I dunno if people in regions other than Kalos ever used Pokemon for warfare, on another note :iiam:
I think Kalos is also the first time any pokemon game has made mention of any kind of government, in that Kalos once had a king.

...Except it apparently has no king now, and how the region is administrated is a complete mystery. But there were kings and wars in the past!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So if I'm nerding about natures, i want to get a female ralts with a mild nature?

That is if I want a good Gardevoir?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ah! I didn't know the Mystery Gift was a changing thing. A buddy told me it gives you a Charmander or something (at launch) and I figured it was always that. Guess I don't know what mystery gift is!

Nah it's a Torchic at launch until January 15th.

Mystery Gift is Nintendo's way of distributing event Pokemon and items. Basically you select Mystery Gift on the title screen (It's below your save file) and you can select the various ways to get one, including Wi-Fi.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Electric types saved my life back in the war!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Welp, I spent more than an hour chain fishing to try and get a cool red Clauncher. Got an 84 chain and another where I lost count in the mid-sixties.

Nothing. Though, at least I have a ton of starfish to throw into wonder trade. :shepface:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Help Im Alive posted:

along with the rainbow and space types

:stare:
I want those. Rainbow/Ice and Rainbow/Dark would be so very, very metal.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Annath posted:

They actually are pretty good. Will-o-Wisp makes up for his relatively low defense, and he can keep healing himself with Horn Leech off of a 120 base attack. Plus, he has interesting healing options between Rest + Natural Cure, or Sitrus Berry + Harvest.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Talmonis posted:

No, that'd be Rainbow/Steel. :v:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Talmonis posted:

"Ugh, rainbow type? Why not just gay up the game even more with a penis type."-13 year old male demographic.

Decided I'll round out my halloween team with a galvantula. Spiders go perfectly with halloween. Hell I might even replace honchcrow with ariados.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

"Ugh, rainbow type? Why not just gay up the game even more with a penis type."-13 year old male demographic.

Decided I'll round out my halloween team with a galvantula. Spiders go perfectly with halloween. Hell I might even replace honchcrow with ariados.

You're absolutely right. You have given me a sad. Though, there would be hope that GameFreak would go full Norse mythology with it, as they should.

It would also let me name all Rainbow/Dark types variations of Dio songs.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Fibby Boy posted:

I don't understand, Combusken has been in the game since Gen 3. I guess 13 year olds wouldn't have played that though? :confused:

If you're going for a Halloween team I'd personally go with Ariados over Galvantula, since a big fuzzy spider the color of Big Bird doesn't scream "spooky" to me. I only bring this up because you were thinking of removing Honchcrow and that's just not okay.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Help Im Alive posted:

And there are probably another 500 Pokemon that will be discovered in the next 10 years along with the rainbow and space types

Poor Clefairy. It was Space/Fairy all along.

What about Magnezone? Does it become Space/Steel, or Space/Electric?

Talmonis posted:

Rainbow/Dark

Original Character, Do Not Steal :colbert:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Rainuwastaken posted:

If you're going for a Halloween team I'd personally go with Ariados over Galvantula, since a big fuzzy spider the color of Big Bird doesn't scream "spooky" to me. I only bring this up because you were thinking of removing Honchcrow and that's just not okay.

Well if he was more crow looking and less pimp looking then he'd have nothing to worry about now would he?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

Well if he was more crow looking and less pimp looking then he'd have nothing to worry about now would he?

That's why you roll prankster Murkrow instead. :getin:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"Honchkrow looks too much like a pimp": something I never thought I'd see anyone complain about.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So we've had Poke-Japan for ages, including Poke-Okinawa, Poke-New York, Poke-France, whatever the hell Sinnoh was...

So what region should we get next? I, personally, would love to see Poke-Somalia, but I'd settle for Poke-Egypt.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Is there anyway to grind EXP in this game besides the Elite 4? I'd be fine with it if I didn't have to sit through these gaudy stage intros every loving time AND the credits but this is loving bullshit. I just need Xatu to learn 2 moves so I can breed it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So we've had Poke-Japan for ages, including Poke-Okinawa, Poke-New York, Poke-France, whatever the hell Sinnoh was...

So what region should we get next? I, personally, would love to see Poke-Somalia, but I'd settle for Poke-Egypt.

Sinnoh was Poke-Hokkaido.

• Locked thread