Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

woot fatigue posted:

UNF. Is that linear? I used to have a Bang & Olufsen with linear tracking but ran into some issues.

2004 Carrera 4S Cabriolet with factory Sport Exhaust, Seal Grey Metallic, black full leather, only 16,500 miles.

A 10 year old Porsche with 16k miles, that's awesome. I'm assuming since it's a cabrio it never saw rain with that kind of mileage. But, yes, change the wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

App13 posted:

Yeah it's linear. They work great if you can find one that's been treated well. Bang & Olufsen are great, but the cartridges are just so drat expensive.

I usually have luck picking up B&O gear for cheap since most people don't want to deal with figuring out the different adaptors they need to integrate it with their other components and speakers. I love my Beomaster 3300 hooked up to an Airport Express.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

About 2 years :newlol:

My mate Alan has some RUFs on his 964. They are okay. The modern ones do nothing for me.

I think the shape of the rotis is perfect for 996s onwards as they ooze turbo styling but are way more baller.

Shoot me an email with your screen name so I can look up which one you are haha.

I just don't like deep dished wheels. The ones you posted would look great on a 964 or earlier, but I prefer something modern and simple or HREs on 993 and newer. There's a little bit of curb rash one one of the wheels and I'm thinking I might have them painted body color or a shade darker. There was a C4S coupe at the dealership ten years ago when we got the Boxster in the same color with painted wheels and the yellow carbon ceramic brakes and it looked sick. The Boxster has the Carrera wheel that was new for 2003 and I'm still thinking about swapping them (the Boxster is being sold on consignment).

Shrapnac posted:

A 10 year old Porsche with 16k miles, that's awesome. I'm assuming since it's a cabrio it never saw rain with that kind of mileage. But, yes, change the wheels.

Yeah the first owner just used it as a weekend car and put about 12k on it up until 2012. The second owner bought it from the same dealership, put 4k on it and then had a stroke. I hope it isn't cursed.

I'm not too picky about rain - cars are meant to be used, and this one will be driven year round. The biggest plus to the low mileage is that now there's so much info about what problems occur with the 996 at higher mileage, that I can get in ahead of time to prevent them from happening. It's equipped almost exactly how I'd prefer (no navigation is a big plus as it would suck to have a ten year old computer in the dash), except for the steering wheel. For some reason the original owner wanted the four-spoke with wood inlays, in an otherwise black and aluminum interior. I'm going to keep my eye out for a used three spoke.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's a lovely car, the 996s get poo poo on (water cooling :argh:) but personally I quite like them, and I blame Need For Speed 5 for that. The wheels look ok too, though those aren't my favorite Porsche wheels. BBS LMs would look great on it, but then, they look great on everything. I know a Miata isn't a Porsche but I drive mine year-round too, so get a set of snow tires and kickslide dat rear end.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I'm not a hippy or a witch, but I do love me some home fragrances.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Books. Always books. Books recommended to me by other books.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Got quite the bargain with this dress. It goes for $215-$100 online but I got it for $30 at a local store because it was a sample and 2 out of 3 buttons were missing from the back closure.

The print doesn't photograph very well, but I think it's quite neat.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Got this because my beard is getting out of hand :v:

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

Drum posted:

Books. Always books. Books recommended to me by other books.

Reading the Monkey Wrench Gang now, its great! Really makes you want to gently caress some poo poo up.

Some new skis!

tires to help me get to the mountain this winter

for the truck I bought about 6 months ago (next to my old truck)

aannnd a macbook pro

God help me.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

raggedphoto posted:

Reading the Monkey Wrench Gang now, its great! Really makes you want to gently caress some poo poo up.

Some new skis!

tires to help me get to the mountain this winter

for the truck I bought about 6 months ago (next to my old truck)

aannnd a macbook pro

God help me.

I see skiing isn't over its infatuation with Rasta everything yet. Oh well! Nice planks indeed!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

One of the best cheap vodkas out there

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

strangemusic posted:

I see skiing isn't over its infatuation with Rasta everything yet. Oh well! Nice planks indeed!

They are probably the only Rasta skis out there right now, honestly it was a turnoff for me but I love 4frnt and the CRJ model was exactly what I was looking for. I can look past the ski bro factor for their construction, fricheses are in the near future!

uptown
May 16, 2009

Tulip Candy posted:

Got quite the bargain with this dress. It goes for $215-$100 online but I got it for $30 at a local store because it was a sample and 2 out of 3 buttons were missing from the back closure.

The print doesn't photograph very well, but I think it's quite neat.

You're right, it really doesn't photograph well. I adore the close-up though, and I'm sure I would like it in person. Post a picture of you wearing it in the women's fashion megathread!

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Loving the hell out of my SVD. Can't wait to get my Rsst in a day or two.

Gobber Jane
Sep 7, 2010
In the fine tradition of Something Awful, I bought my little bro a horsehead mask for his 21st (I'm getting him an account for Christmas :ssh:). Sent it to our parents house so he can pick it up next time he does laundry.

I got these photos from my parents; I don't think my little bro's getting his birthday gift.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OptimusMatrix posted:

What does it do?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

bowmore posted:

What does it do?

Its an electronic cigarette per say. Or a vaping device. This one is a little more advance. Variable voltage, variable wattage, uses much larger batteries than say a standard ego style battery.

OptimusMatrix has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Oct 23, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

raggedphoto posted:

They are probably the only Rasta skis out there right now, honestly it was a turnoff for me but I love 4frnt and the CRJ model was exactly what I was looking for. I can look past the ski bro factor for their construction, fricheses are in the near future!

My next skis will probably be for a touring setup, but I kind of wish I could try the Armada JJ and have ALL THE RADII!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

bowmore posted:

What does it do?

You smoke drugs with it.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

fyallm posted:

One of the best cheap vodkas out there

I'd recoment tito's for good cheap vodka. Much better than Burnett's and sold at the same if not cheaper price point.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

OptimusMatrix posted:

That skull drip tip rocks. Kanger 2 tank?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

A few treats because I have some time and money (gently caress yeah!):

Asus P5Q, because apparently a year and a half ago I bought a new motherboard for an old processor.

Because DDR3 isn't backwards compatible.

Next best thing to an SSD (which I already have).

First of four for my command center.

2x El cheapo Chinese USB cards. Four bucks each so worth a chance.

The hard part of installing all this will be fooling windows into accepting a new mobo.

u fink u hard Percy has a new favorite as of 10:11 on Oct 23, 2013

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

woot fatigue posted:

UNF. Is that linear? I used to have a Bang & Olufsen with linear tracking but ran into some issues.

2004 Carrera 4S Cabriolet with factory Sport Exhaust, Seal Grey Metallic, black full leather, only 16,500 miles.
Nice!

I too got a Porsche. Not a 911, but the engine's in a more agreeable place. :v: Oh, it's an S2. Had 125,600 miles on it when i purchased it in August, has got 126,900 now. Clutch is 2 years old, front brakes completely replaced last year.

Swapped out the indicators for autoart clear ones, and replaced all four corners with Falken 914s.

Going to be garaging it in the winter, which will give me a chance to fix the hatch mechanism, driver's door lock mechanism and get the D90 wheels refurbed (or get some different wheels. Although I'd have to think very hard on that as the D90s to me look nice enough)

A respray would be nice too, a previous owner didn't do a stellar job. So much orange peel...

Falken has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Oct 23, 2013

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
A 64GB micro SD card, because they're 65% off on Amazon.

And a 16 GB SD card, because they're 50% off.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

That's a lovely car, the 996s get poo poo on (water cooling :argh:) but personally I quite like them, and I blame Need For Speed 5 for that. The wheels look ok too, though those aren't my favorite Porsche wheels. BBS LMs would look great on it, but then, they look great on everything. I know a Miata isn't a Porsche but I drive mine year-round too, so get a set of snow tires and kickslide dat rear end.

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the 996, but the C4S was always something special to me. It's weird going from a 986 Boxster, since a lot of the interior is the same, just a bit nicer and wrapped in leather. Since the tires still have a decent amount of life yet, I'm just going to take them off and mount snow tires for the winter, then put them back on for next summer. After that the current wheels will be for winter and I'll get something new for summer. Right now I'm leaning towards the 997TT wheel:

Falken posted:

Nice!

I too got a Porsche. Not a 911, but the engine's in a more agreeable place. :v: Oh, it's an S2. Had 125,600 miles on it when i purchased it in August, has got 126,900 now. Clutch is 2 years old, front brakes completely replaced last year.

Swapped out the indicators for autoart clear ones, and replaced all four corners with Falken 914s.

Going to be garaging it in the winter, which will give me a chance to fix the hatch mechanism, driver's door lock mechanism and get the D90 wheels refurbed (or get some different wheels. Although I'd have to think very hard on that as the D90s to me look nice enough)

A respray would be nice too, a previous owner didn't do a stellar job. So much orange peel...

Gorgeous 944. That was my dream car in high school, and the only car I find acceptable in red. I'd say keep the wheels period-correct, or swap for some 993 turbo twists.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Cheers. I was thinking about turbo twists, or Azev As.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Augh I can't stop buying Note 3 cases

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Is it fun being a Time Lord?

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

Ema Nymton posted:

I'm not a hippy or a witch, but I do love me some home fragrances.

these look great, i was hoping to find something cheaper than Juniper Ridge's cedar/campfire, hopefully this comes close. i'll be ordering several boxes of Hem incense now...

App13
Dec 31, 2011

leidend posted:

Augh I can't stop buying Note 3 cases

Which ones would you suggest? I'm in the market.

Content:

Bluetooth OBD II thingie for my car. Links up with an android app to show mpg, diagnostics, trip cost, etc. For $25 I figure it'd be neat to mess around with.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

OptimusMatrix posted:

This is driving me crazy. I've seen one of these before but I can't put my finger on where... Something about swamp gas?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

App13 posted:

Which ones would you suggest? I'm in the market.

I've tried two so far and both were not recommendable. Spigen neo hybrid is OK but mine is deformed in one corner and I'm not a huge fan of the back material (too slick and hand oil looks bad on it).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is driving me crazy. I've seen one of these before but I can't put my finger on where... Something about swamp gas?

Men in Black

mystes
May 31, 2006

RCarr posted:

Men in Black
Thank you for explaining the half of the joke that you got.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I apologize for A) Missing the sarcasm in his post B) Trying to be helpful

It won't happen again.

ChocoboDancer
Mar 18, 2004

Time to moonWARK

Officially a homeowner. :ohdear:

Not pictured but also recently purchased: a Haier double-tap kegerator currently filled with Cortland Brewing Company's Pumpkin Ale and will be joined on Friday by Horseheads Brewing's Hot-Jala-Heim.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

ChocoboDancer posted:

Officially a homeowner. :ohdear:

Not pictured but also recently purchased: a Haier double-tap kegerator currently filled with Cortland Brewing Company's Pumpkin Ale and will be joined on Friday by Horseheads Brewing's Hot-Jala-Heim.

Congrats on the house!

Random aside, Haier is based out of my hometown and my family used to own a stake in the company. I had no idea they made kegerators though it makes sense since we also make the most famous Chinese beer!

I "bought" physio and bodywork cuz some dum dum rear-ended me in traffic.

GODS NOT REAL
Sep 25, 2012

YOU STUPID BUNNIES
Bought some albums:

Bought the Butthole Surfers album on a whim because I listened to that one song everyone knows and it sounded very Beck-y. Loving Amplifier Worship. Boris are so loving weird and I love me some drone doom.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I pre-ordered the Codex as well. I wish it had a cooler cover/dust jacket, but I can always just display it open. I looked at buying the first edition, but hahahahaha no.

That linked me to this cool looking book, The Resurrectionist. Some of the illustrations look really awesome, and apparently it's half novel, half cool anatomical illustrations. I'm an osteology nerd and a surrealism nerd, so it's right up my alley.

I also bought at BentGo, in hopes that I will actually pack a lunch in the evening before I have school/work the next day, since you can pretty much just shove leftovers in it and have a convenient carrying case.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Lelorox posted:

I'd recoment tito's for good cheap vodka. Much better than Burnett's and sold at the same if not cheaper price point.

Actually where I live I can get a 1.75 burnetts for 15, tito is 27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My Pocket Edition Sony e-reader kicked the dust after many years of loyal service, so I jumped on the bandwagon and upgraded.

A case:

And just because :shobon:

:3:

• Locked thread