Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I figured it was a joke about how vaccinations cause autism and other mental disorders*. Charlie, clearly being a person with learning issues.

*I do not actually believe this. I am referring simply to the phenomenon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this? posted:

I have a feeling that its just another part of Charlie's hosed up life. The "vaccinations" were probably something else and Charlie just doesn't actually know what a vaccination really is.

Charlie's mom has OCD and is terrified of anything happening to him, so it wouldn't shock me at all if she went overboard with vaccines.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Ror posted:

No one's in any danger! How can I make that any more clear to you?

Ror, are you going to hurt these women?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Charlie's mom has OCD and is terrified of anything happening to him, so it wouldn't shock me at all if she went overboard with vaccines.

But hasn't it already been established that Charlie has said he's had or done certain things and it turns out he is using the wrong words?

Either way, for a throwaway line, it's still pretty funny.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Exploder posted:

The way Charlie delivers the "Hoo-ly poo poo. Dennis is Spiderman" makes it. I don't think I acknowledged that line on first viewing, but when I re-watched the episode it made me bust up. And you know, in that moment, that Charlie believed it.

Dennis referring to them as "The boys to the men" is where I lost it.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I think the part where Dennis gets upset that they're answering his questions is a callback to a previous episode this season where Dennis was doing that to someone. But I forget who... does anyone else remember this?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

TUS posted:

I think the part where Dennis gets upset that they're answering his questions is a callback to a previous episode this season where Dennis was doing that to someone. But I forget who... does anyone else remember this?

I'm not 100% and maybe it's because I just watched it, but it could be a call-back to when they bought a boat and stole his thunder while saying, "We'll take it."

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

It could be when they were trying to shush the guy from the other bar, too. I forget the episode.

Edit: The ANTI-Social Network from season 7

Doobie Keebler fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 20, 2013

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I figured it was just a general call back to him needing to be in control, as he has always been.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
There was also the time Mac tells Dennis to peel out in the car, and Dennis gets upset because he was going to peel out anyway, and Mac ruined it. That might've been the fuel crisis ep?

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
I think that's after they try to push Schmitty out of the moving car. Again.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

victorious posted:

There was also the time Mac tells Dennis to peel out in the car, and Dennis gets upset because he was going to peel out anyway, and Mac ruined it. That might've been the fuel crisis ep?

Fuel crisis episode was amazing. Charlie siphoning the gas into the barrels and then mac complaining the gas was ruining his van interior.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

victorious posted:

I think that was the episode they threw Schmitty out the car.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

In the second-to-most recent episode, when Mac is fighting the ninjas does anyone know what song was playing? I hear that poo poo from time to time but can't ever find the name of it.

Frink
Jun 17, 2005

I seem to remember "The Prodigy - Smack my Bitch Up" playing. That one?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I felt the "I must be clean" thing from Frank was by far more of a thing Dennis would do than Frank. Maybe he truly is his biological father :stare:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I felt the "I must be clean" thing from Frank was by far more of a thing Dennis would do than Frank. Maybe he truly is his biological father :stare:

Frank went stir-crazy from being quarantined.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
According to this week's episode of "Hello Ladies", Rickity Cricket is now cleaned up with a beautiful mustache and living in Los Angeles as the head of a modelling agency and in a loving relationship with his African American husband.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second

Cheesus posted:

According to this week's episode of "Hello Ladies", Rickity Cricket is now cleaned up with a beautiful mustache and living in Los Angeles as the head of a modelling agency and in a loving relationship with his African American husband.

...I guess that's the fun way of saying we won't see Cricket anymore. That's a shame, but there's very little torture they could still inflict on him. In my heart, he's still running free somewhere along a highway with his dog pack. Maybe somewhere near Darby, where they throw out scraps a man could survive on. Maybe he even has a little shack he made somewhere with stolen construction supplies and fixtures from a foreclosed home, way out in the woods where he doesn't bother anyone. Live that dream, Cricket. Until you freeze to death one winter, at least.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah, David Hornsby still does a lot of work on the show. I believe he's written at least one episode this season. Anyway, not like we see Cricket more than once a season anyway.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Nah, David Hornsby still does a lot of work on the show. I believe he's written at least one episode this season. Anyway, not like we see Cricket more than once a season anyway.

It's funny because I'm constantly forgetting that he's only there once a season. He just makes such an impact every time he's on that it feels like he's there more.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Cricket has only been in 12 episodes out of 101 :aaaaa:

- Exploits a Miracle
- Gets Whacked Pt. 2
- Dances Their Asses Off
- Manhunters
- Pooped The Bed?
- Cracks Liberty Bell
- Wrestles for Troops
- Dee Gives Birth
- Mac's Big Break
- Storm of the Century
- Reunion
- Pop-Pop: Final Solution

(He has supervised/produced/written/directed/acted in at least 65 episodes though.)

Most recently he wrote the Awards episode and the Quarantine episode. Both were amazing.

Looking through all the episodes, I cannot believe that the show has gone on so long, and I sure as hell can't believe what a great quality it has maintained.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

He wrote last week's episode. I'm not sure how many others this season, though.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Ghostpilot posted:

He wrote last week's episode. I'm not sure how many others this season, though.

Just one other. The Emmy episode.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
I have a question:

Charlie has the BAD NEW tattoo on his arm from "Dennis and Dee Get a New Dad". However, when the cast (particularly Rob) has talked about it in interviews, it's always explained as "He was trying to give himself the words BAD NEWS but it got too painful."

In the actual episode though, this is never established. It just shows him giving himself the tattoo. Is there a deleted scene where this is explained?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Just chalk it up to Charlie's illiteracy.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So...why did Frank go insane?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Jubs posted:

He got cabin fever-- he went crazy from isolation (think The Shining). Also, he was probably going through hardcore alcohol withdrawal, delirium tremens and the like, as he never drank in those 6 days.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Jubs posted:

Well, he was miserable and got a divorce and wanted to give all of his money away until Dennis and Dee convinced him not to....

Oh, this episode?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

escape artist posted:

He got cabin fever-- he went crazy from isolation (think The Shining). Also, he was probably going through hardcore alcohol withdrawal, delirium tremens and the like, as he never drank in those 6 days.

Maybe the hand sanitizer was how he was getting his fix.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
A guy can't desire to be a litte clean without everyone calling him insane this and crazy that? Geez, it's the flu season! :colbert:

picosecond posted:

...I guess that's the fun way of saying we won't see Cricket anymore.
It was just a one-off character that we probably won't see again. Also Hello Ladies is a pretty funny show!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is alcohol withdrawal really like that for alcoholics? Going without it for a day or so causes you to become super sick?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Exaggerated, but alcohol withdrawal actually can kill you, unlike a lot of substances that just makes you wish it would when you kick the habit.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

tonic316 posted:

Is alcohol withdrawal really like that for alcoholics? Going without it for a day or so causes you to become super sick?

You can die from alcohol withdrawal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delerium_tremens

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
DT requires some pretty serious alcohol abuse, though. As far as I know, most cases are in people who are intoxicated most of the day, every day.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

ultramiraculous posted:

DT requires some pretty serious alcohol abuse, though. As far as I know, most cases are in people who are intoxicated most of the day, every day.

Who says the gang isn't intoxicated most of the day, every day? :v:

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They definitely are. I would be surprised if there was an episode of the show that none of the gang drank any alcohol in.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

ultramiraculous posted:

You mean like Dennis, Dee, Mac, Charlie and Frank? ;)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

ultramiraculous posted:

Yeah, I've known a lot of alcoholics in my time and the only ones who would get severe DTs were those who drank a minimum of a half gallon of 80 proof spirits or 3+ liters of wine a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
That's the joke, guys.

Also, tonight's Sunny is called Flowers for Charlie and tonight's League is called Flowers for Taco. What the hell? That can't be a coincidence.