Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Thundercracker posted:

I wonder what the daily take on Marvel PQ is. Candy Crush was pretty eye popping, but that paled in comparison to Puzzles and Dragon's $4.9mio/day revenue

Can't imagine all that much yet -- there isn't that much of a user base. Looked like it's still in the 10000-ish range.

Tried out the new patch and it made some of my chars pretty beastly right off the bat. As expected, MANY of the quest rewards are now Health Packs / Recruit Tokens, or as I like to call them Hawkeye Classic Tokens because that's who it just loves to give me so far. Reports of 20 ISO rewards being less frequent are what I like to call 'bullshit'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

If you've got all the rewards in a mission, it's still guaranteed to be 20 forever, right?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Glad I got my Iron Man to 11 and saved a red cover, now maxed out in repulsor beam yay. Iron Man's max currently trainable level went from 25 to 40 too, jesus. Couldn't quite manage to grind out the 11th black cover for Modern Storm but I did have a green one saved to put her at max for that.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

If you've got all the rewards in a mission, it's still guaranteed to be 20 forever, right?

It appears so yes. Which sucks because some quest rewards are changed to really nice stuff. Daken on the juggernaut missions gives 2 iron man blue and 2 Thor covers now.

Also my Thor's max level is 52 now :stare:

Edit: now his max level is 61 :stare: and the new max is level 85

They nerfed the hell out of the oscorp rewards. The Thor reward missions give standard token instead.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 23, 2013

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Some of the grandfathered in max characters have gimped stats. For example, my storm who had 16 in everything now has 20 in everything, but her abilities are weaker now than my other storm's maxxed abilities. Her red ability does 36 per tile on the one that was maxed before. The one that was maxxed due to 16 becoming 5 does 10 per tile.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Uhhhhhh....

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think that might be the rarest card in the game?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So the game tracks how many rewards you've got out of a chapter now. For some reason there's one missing from the first. Checked all the missions and they all have the tick, is there some super-secret bonus mission/reward?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Likely a glitch. They won't let you replay the tutorial missions and I think one of those has a health pack reward pasted in.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This update makes it feel like an entirely different game, in a good way.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

epitasis posted:

I think that might be the rarest card in the game?

It's the only four star I've seen so far. But before the patch it was 250 hero points to level him up. And even then, he's still worse than Thor in pretty much every way.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

They increased straight upgrade points across the board, since one level upgrade now=like ten level upgrades before.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

bubbapook posted:

It's the only four star I've seen so far. But before the patch it was 250 hero points to level him up. And even then, he's still worse than Thor in pretty much every way.

Yeah, but now you are essentially buying 4 upgrades all at once since now there are 5 levels instead of 20.

Also, he has more health than thor by level, and significantly outdamages him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think that Wolverine is considerably better than Thor because even at a level disadvantage you can still use him to soak up damage and farm mana for people's nukes and your own heals.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Spiderman classic is a loving beast at high level. 2 blue for escalating stuns wins fights.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I would do fairly nasty things for a Spidey with all three powers.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting one from the Avengers tourney since Yellow Spidey is 1000 points, Blue Spidey is 1400, and only the top four overall have gotten to 1000. The diminishing returns curve for PvP makes that impractical.

EDIT: Oh hey! With the new update you can link your (fake) Facebook accounts to your game and then at least attempt to gift certain rewards to Facebook friends. Mine is izzy.klein.7 if anyone wants free poo poo. Just sent Iron Man Ultra Freon to three people who probably don't even have the app.

delfin fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 24, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The new low ISO requirements for raising level are great for training to heal.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

I would do fairly nasty things for a Spidey with all three powers.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting one from the Avengers tourney since Yellow Spidey is 1000 points, Blue Spidey is 1400, and only the top four overall have gotten to 1000. The diminishing returns curve for PvP makes that impractical.

EDIT: Oh hey! With the new update you can link your (fake) Facebook accounts to your game and then at least attempt to gift certain rewards to Facebook friends. Mine is izzy.klein.7 if anyone wants free poo poo. Just sent Iron Man Ultra Freon to three people who probably don't even have the app.

I'm already friends with your fake account. Like an idiot I used my real one. Stephen.richmond.5249

Edit: oh sweet you did send it to me.

Edit2: aw man I can't get yolena's purple comic book, because I had previously got that reward when it was venom :sigh:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 24, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My Venom's Devour is now outdamaging Iron Man's Repulsor. :stare:

Holy poo poo my Hawkeye modern is a monster in the tournament. He just did a 800hp electric arrow stun.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 24, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

My Venom's Devour is now outdamaging Iron Man's Repulsor. :stare:

Holy poo poo my Hawkeye modern is a monster in the tournament. He just did a 800hp electric arrow stun.

Yeah this update seems like a semi-nerf to iron man. He main strength was not being terrible and having tons of comic books. Now I have almost as much Thor comic books as I do iron man. I'm have been phasing out my ironman for daken.

Getting a 6 strength tile each green match adds up fast.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
With the new update, it appears I have maxed Iron Man's red and yellow abilities; there's no point in keeping these covers now, right?

Also, just got classic Dr. Doom on a recruit reward thingy :smugdog:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

New Leaf posted:

Did you contact them using the in-game feedback thing, or via the Google Play "Email the developer" thing? I got nothing on the in-game app, but got a confirmation email when I just emailed the devs from my PC.

Edit: UPDATE- contacting via email is the way to go, they have already fixed the problem and tossed me some hero points for my trouble.

In game feedback. Thanks for the info, I will try that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shwqa posted:

Yeah this update seems like a semi-nerf to iron man. He main strength was not being terrible and having tons of comic books. Now I have almost as much Thor comic books as I do iron man. I'm have been phasing out my ironman for daken.

Getting a 6 strength tile each green match adds up fast.

Daken's cool. I had his strike tile ability up to level 6 before the update, so now it's sitting at 3 and I just found an Oscorop mission that I didn't do yet which has two more covers for that ability, meaning I'll have it maxed out pretty soon! At level 4 it adds two strike tiles per green match. Don't know what level 5 does yet.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I've bought a 150-coin cover four times now. Two of my four covers have been the 4-star Wolverine, the green and yellow covers, with my other two being the same Daken cover. Am I just the winner of the small sample size lottery? I could see the developer claiming the character is rare just to make people feel special when they get him and incentivize additional play.

On the other hand, the damage output is pretty great compared to my remaining cast of Iron Man, Storm (modern and classic), Black Widow and Daken. I just did start in on the Oscorp levels and he absolutely demolishes everyone at this point in the game. The biggest problem I have is that there's no rotation between characters. Almost every color is his icon so he's in front nonstop, eating every single attack. I wish his heal ability didn't have such a long timer on it but leveling that ability is going to be brutal on coins.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've only gotten 2 star butts out of the hero lottery. t:mad:t

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
With all these changes I almost want to wipe everything out and start over. The missions I beat they changed the rewards on some and marked them as collected even though its not the item I got. I see bagman covers in the venom battles now I can get to at least train that thing with the other powers (if its even worth it).

I'm like a cover hoarder, I don't want to get rid of anything but tired of having to buy more space.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pretty sure you'll get fewer net covers with the new rewards, not that I've checked them all.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

epitasis posted:

Pretty sure you'll get fewer net covers with the new rewards, not that I've checked them all.

That might not be that bad of a thing. It just feels like a lot has changed and I spent my resources badly the first go around to begin with.

But overall its a cool game and I really like seeing the progression as they work the kinks out.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit: ^^^^^if you spend all your free premium currency on the 200 with only Thor and wolverine it might be a good trade off.

Wow storm classic green ability destroy at least 18 tiles while gaining the ap of said tiles at level 5. With some decent luck you could chain 2 of her green attacks in a row plus other abilities. :getin:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MeramJert posted:

Daken's cool. I had his strike tile ability up to level 6 before the update, so now it's sitting at 3 and I just found an Oscorop mission that I didn't do yet which has two more covers for that ability, meaning I'll have it maxed out pretty soon! At level 4 it adds two strike tiles per green match. Don't know what level 5 does yet.

I was wrong here, it's actually level 5 where you get 2 strike tiles. I think level 4 was probably just a damage increase or something. But anyway, I have it leveled up to 5 now and it's sick. Every time anyone makes a green match, I get 2 strike tiles that are each +14 damage, and I think I've only raised his character level twice. After a couple green matches with a decent team, every turn I'm hitting for 100+ damage basically no matter what I match.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I levelled him up a bit more. Hawkeye Modern got a 5 tile match and did 500 damage. Then he pulled out an electric arrow that did 1000+ damage. :stonklol:

I know this is due to the tournament bonuses, but still!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I think I'm gonna restart my game. I only began playing a few weeks ago and I haven't even started the Venom compaign yet. I also wasted my gold coins on stupid stuff.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

MeramJert posted:

I was wrong here, it's actually level 5 where you get 2 strike tiles. I think level 4 was probably just a damage increase or something. But anyway, I have it leveled up to 5 now and it's sick. Every time anyone makes a green match, I get 2 strike tiles that are each +14 damage, and I think I've only raised his character level twice. After a couple green matches with a decent team, every turn I'm hitting for 100+ damage basically no matter what I match.

Wow :allears:

Is there a purple darken in the last mission? I can only get my Darien's strike tile ability to level 4 from the drop rewards in the oscorp mission.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Created a new facebook account for this, add me for sweet, sweet ISO. Name is Fatsamurai Fatsam.

I'm really liking the changes in the patch in a quick run I had yesterday. Seems the game is going in the right direction.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Created a new facebook account for this, add me for sweet, sweet ISO. Name is Fatsamurai Fatsam.

I'm really liking the changes in the patch in a quick run I had yesterday. Seems the game is going in the right direction.

I really should have made a new Facebook. You can't select a friend to give the reward too, they give you a list of 3 random people and that is it :sigh:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:aaa: Daken and the 2 star Wolverine have such fun synergy. Every time I match green tiles I get two 16 damage strike tiles, and every 2 green matches I get to cast Wolverine's strike tile ability as well. I just matched three 4 damage tiles and did like 180 damage.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Oof, lost 75 points overnight. Luckily it's not too hard to hit above your level with those boosts you can buy.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

epitasis posted:

Oof, lost 75 points overnight. Luckily it's not too hard to hit above your level with those boosts you can buy.

It seems you get a "+20% agains Avengers" boost every 2/3 battles. Defence is going to be impossible as the tournament nears its end.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Hey, my new fake facebook is here. I just got Iron Man Blue but couldn't send it to anyone because I don't have friends.

Shwqa, it wouldn't let me add you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Whoa there's some new 10 day event with a world map and buffed Spider-man and Cap. New Ironman model as a reward.

It's a single-player mission and the first battle gave me Captain America and three health packs. :)

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 24, 2013