Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
What does the One mind upgrade do ?
Beside the +1 base cps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Starts spawning blood cookies.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I can't believe how many cookie clicker gamers are on Ipad now, is there actually an official one?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Manwithastick posted:

I can't believe how many cookie clicker gamers are on Ipad now, is there actually an official one?

Orteil didn't say anything about the release, so I don't think so.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Micr0chiP posted:

What does the One mind upgrade do ?
Beside the +1 base cps.

It makes magical things happen. Click it. You won't regret it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I.C. posted:

This isn't a "game" after all, is it?

It is and the finish is something around 2500 heavenly chips. It's gotten to the point where I can reset and be back to 300 billion CpS in an hour, so unless there's an update soon I think I'll just forget to load it up one day and the cookies will leave my life again...

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

I.C. posted:

Hell no, cookies are loving serious business, who do you think you are ?

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.
I need four more condensers to reach my current goal of 10 trillion cps while frenzied. These four condensers will cost me about three quintillion total. My life is meaningless.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Abandon all hope ye who bake here

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I.C. posted:

No. It isn't a game. Some people would say it's a way of life. Some people might even say that Cookie Clicker is a matter of life and death. Those people are wrong, completely wrong.

It is so much more important than that.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
What's the chieve after the 200 cursor one? I have 240 cursors but I still don't have it

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.
Gotta sell a granma.

Also, because I hate myself I started a fresh save on my tablet to be a neverclick neverchips run. It's been ten days and I'm finally about to get 50 condensers!

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Thea Dolorosa posted:

Gotta sell a granma.

Hahahaa "just wrong"

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

washow posted:

What's the chieve after the 200 cursor one? I have 240 cursors but I still don't have it
There's no achievement for cursors past that point; you must be missing something else.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Just returning to say that I've been Cookie Clicker free for almost a week now. Man is it blissful. I don't have even the slightest urge click the cookie anymore. Instead, I get to spend my time savoring real, delicious, edible cookies.

Later chumps, have fun clicking!:unsmigghh:

washow
Dec 1, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

There's no achievement for cursors past that point; you must be missing something else.

It was the "sell a grandma" chieve.

Now I'm missing an unlock and don't know what it is. Is it the 2000 chips one maybe?

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

washow posted:

It was the "sell a grandma" chieve.

Now I'm missing an unlock and don't know what it is. Is it the 2000 chips one maybe?

Yup. The last version wouldn't count that in the max # of uupgrades, but the current patch made it so it counts it, even if it'll be impossible to get without a reset.

My current plan is to reset roughly every time my chips double. Last reset was at 723, currently at 980 or so. So at 1500, I'll refresh.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
I have almost 1 trillion cps without frenzy. 95 more golden clicks and I'll have black cat's paw. I see no end in sight for me.

Woden
May 6, 2006
No idea when I should reset, when I get a click frenzy under a frenzy I only get maybe 2-3 chips and am a very long way away from doubling chips. Was sure I bought the elder covenant last life but guess it didn't stick, so got to reset at some point anyway. Almost at 750 billion cps, so I guess I should just go another week and hope I hit 1.5x chips?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I think playing this messed up my circulatory system. These cookies are not for the faint of heart. Take heed. :witch:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Merijn posted:

Hell, I'm barely playing it now. Just clicking Golden Cookies and waiting for the big Dungeons update.
Same, I haven't actually clicked the cookie since the first time I did a reset and I use the script to auto-click the golden cookies. So I just leave the game to run minimised in my dock and occasionally open it up to spend accumulated cookies on buildings.

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.

I.C. posted:

I think playing this messed up my circulatory system. These cookies are not for the faint of heart. Take heed. :witch:

I've been noticing some joints in my hands being stiffer :( Also, finally got it:

Next up, 2 trillion unfrenzied cps. Cookies never end.

ViggyNash posted:

Just returning to say that I've been Cookie Clicker free for almost a week now. Man is it blissful. I don't have even the slightest urge click the cookie anymore. Instead, I get to spend my time savoring real, delicious, edible cookies.

Haha, joke's on you. Those real cookies will rot your teeth and are bad for your health. While by clicking computer cookies I only damage my mental health.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Took another stab at Speed Baking III, got two Lucky! cookies, hit 1 million cookies after 21 minutes. :argh:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
One of the IT guys at work has a late shift every Wednesday. He generally has nothing to do on these nights, so I make a point to swing by his office and say a thing or two to him. I walked in today to see him playing Cookie Clicker on his desktop. He seemed kind of surprised that I had walked in on him playing a game, but I just said "don't worry man, I've loving been there." We shared a nod and I walked out of the office

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

God the game is ugly without cookie monster. It's like playing Skyrim without mods.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

big mean giraffe posted:

God the game is ugly without cookie monster. It's like playing Skyrim without mods.

That it is, but Cookie Clicker is much more enjoyable than Skyrim.
I would actually pay money one of these games, guess which one it is.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Candy Box 2 is out! http://candybox2.net/

Finally you can do something with lollipops after you max out your farm (even if the max is still a lovely 100 per second)

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

ViggyNash posted:

If you break the cookie habit, there's always Clicking Bad. Not quite as fancy as Cookie Clicker in the presentation, but similar elements with expanded (though perhaps minimal) mechanisms that cause you to be mindful of various external pressures.

http://clickingbad.nullism.com/

You might not get quite as much out of it if you aren't a fan of Breaking Bad.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I've played that for a minute but didn't get most of the in-jokes since I'm only at season 3. Are there any spoilers in that Clicking Bad game?

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
There are no major spoilers, no.

It's pretty much all in the realm of a cute tip of the hat: have a goatee to intimidate people into buying more.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Woden posted:

No idea when I should reset, when I get a click frenzy under a frenzy I only get maybe 2-3 chips and am a very long way away from doubling chips. Was sure I bought the elder covenant last life but guess it didn't stick, so got to reset at some point anyway. Almost at 750 billion cps, so I guess I should just go another week and hope I hit 1.5x chips?

I'd reset if you have a decent amount of chips saved up. I've been doing so every 500 - 1000 and I get ~10 chips per frenzied click frenzy with just my slow old fingers. At 2500 now, with over 3000 if I reset. Might go to 3500 this time.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

He's been particularly working on it recently (that and a Halloween update).

Merijn posted:

Took another stab at Speed Baking III, got two Lucky! cookies, hit 1 million cookies after 21 minutes. :argh:
I wrote a guide in an old post (click the ?), you gotta get Click Frenzy.

I don't idle after updates, so I'll just finish getting the 2000 Heavenly Chip upgrade in time for this!

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Woden posted:

You should reset much more frequently than that. The last five buildings you purchase of a type represent about half the cumulative cost for that building type. As a simple example, if you've got 110 antimatter condensers and a reset will increase your CPS by just 10%, you will regain your original CPS at about 25% of the total cookie cost (100 antimatter condensers as opposed to 110, and an even better return for each other building type). I've been resetting at 20% increases to my chip count. I'm not sure if that's ideal, though.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

sweeroy posted:

Finally you can do something with lollipops after you max out your farm (even if the max is still a lovely 100 per second)

Looks like it's getting hit pretty hard, I haven't been able to get anything past a white screen.
Maybe that's the new metagame, instead of candies it's F5's.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

sweeroy posted:

Man, I've no idea what to tell the Squirrel at the tree for his question about the candiest person's candies

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Man, I've no idea what to tell the Squirrel at the tree for his question about the candiest person's candies
The candiest person is you. How many candies do you have?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Sunblood posted:

Looks like it's getting hit pretty hard, I haven't been able to get anything past a white screen.
Maybe that's the new metagame, instead of candies it's F5's.

I guess I got in before the crowd. Currently having my home computer ticking away merrily with a full lollypop field and 5 candy/seconds.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I'm liking Candy Box 2 so far. Are there any secrets you guys have found while clicking around the map/village?

Throwing candies on the ground actually does something this time round by the way. I can't beat the Super RPG that you access via the Squirrel's Tree, though.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm sure for it there's a specific set of actions you must do each round to survive the next. So, trial and error it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy crap, the puzzle at the Lighthouse is maddening.

• Locked thread