Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Nope. Drives me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Well I'm currently not jailbroken so I can't look through the menus.. are your events set up for specific times or are they 'all day' events?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I saw 3 replies pop up and I thought it would be news on a jb.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

goodness posted:

Me too. Every loving time.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

goodness posted:

Might as well cool your jets until next month because there's an Apple event at the end of the month, possibly for a new iPad, and a jailbreak won't come out before that is released.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I think everyone is anticipating the 6.x jailbreak, not the 7.x.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

bobfather posted:

I think everyone is anticipating the 6.x jailbreak, not the 7.x.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to switch back to 6.1.4 from 7 on release day.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

goodness posted:

Yeah, I was lucky enough to switch back to 6.1.4 from 7 on release day.

To be honest, the only thing I miss from iOS 6 is BiteSMS and Zephyr.

iOS 7 solves a lot of problems that I felt I needed a jailbreak for in iOS 6, and the only thing I desperately hate about it is Control Center and all of the useless stuff in it that I wish I could customize to more useful stuff (which will no doubt be possible via jailbreak tweak once iOS 7 is broken).

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

bobfather posted:

To be honest, the only thing I miss from iOS 6 is BiteSMS and Zephyr.

iOS 7 solves a lot of problems that I felt I needed a jailbreak for in iOS 6, and the only thing I desperately hate about it is Control Center and all of the useless stuff in it that I wish I could customize to more useful stuff (which will no doubt be possible via jailbreak tweak once iOS 7 is broken).

Yeah, I liked 7 but I do not want to wait the extra 6 months or more that it will take for the jailbreak.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Aggro posted:

Nope. Drives me nuts.

I'm running 6.1.2 and have LockInfo set to show just today.

Go to Settings > LockInfo > Notifications and Widgets > Calendar and scroll allllllll the way to the bottom.

Setting the time period to Today fixed it for me.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Any news yet on 7.0.3's breakability?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
They are being pretty quiet with the 7.* jb progress

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I vaguely remember one of them saying 7.0.2 was a safe upgrade... I suppose all the new iPad Airs will ship with 7.0.3, though, so if they want to include them in the breakage it'll need to be covered.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

slomomofo posted:

I vaguely remember one of them saying 7.0.2 was a safe upgrade... I suppose all the new iPad Airs will ship with 7.0.3, though, so if they want to include them in the breakage it'll need to be covered.

Oh I see what you mean, a safe guess would be that since no iOS7 exploits have been publicly released- Apple hasn't patched anything yet. Unless they've found something on their own and patched it silently.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/security-announce/2013/Oct/msg00002.html

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 23, 2013

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I remember reading somewhere that jailbreaking is the best way to access all the files on the iphone so that you can clear out bloated files and reduce your "Other" space being used up. Since I can't jailbreak right now or probably in the near future considering whats going on, what are my best other options/what exactly keeps making "Other" grow. I know 700 of that is probably iOS 7 but man, within 2 months I have 300 extra space being used up.

If this is not where I should be asking this question, let me know and I will move it to the proper thread.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

I remember reading somewhere that jailbreaking is the best way to access all the files on the iphone so that you can clear out bloated files and reduce your "Other" space being used up. Since I can't jailbreak right now or probably in the near future considering whats going on, what are my best other options/what exactly keeps making "Other" grow. I know 700 of that is probably iOS 7 but man, within 2 months I have 300 extra space being used up.

If this is not where I should be asking this question, let me know and I will move it to the proper thread.

Many apps will cache incoming data, photos, content, etc. keeping it all and bloating the file size. If you delete that stuff it's just going to come back, like that loving cat. There's only so much you can do about it. iOS is terrible about that poo poo.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 23, 2013

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Vine caches every video, mine was taking up 1 gig, have had to delete the app a few times

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

There's some program named PhoneClean or something that will erase a bunch of "other" poo poo on your phone. Someone here will know the name.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Indeed PhoneClean is the program. I just ran it on my 4s, and it cleared half a gig from the 'other' folder.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

That's all well and good but if you use the apps with any regularity they'll just fill back up with poo poo.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Bummey posted:

That's all well and good but if you use the apps with any regularity they'll just fill back up with poo poo.

What are you trying to get across?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

What are you trying to get across?

I mean that it's hopeless to delete Other content because, within one or two launches of the app in question, it's all gonna come back.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Can Phoneclean be set to an automatic clean that you can fire off with an ifttt recipe each night while you sleep?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wouldn't think so, it's a desktop program.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Is the jailbreaking community dead? I remember how popular it has been within the last few years and now it just seems kinda eh. /r/Jailbreak is dead, my jailbreak community is dead, modmyi isn't doing good, etc...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

numbs posted:

Is the jailbreaking community dead? I remember how popular it has been within the last few years and now it just seems kinda eh. /r/Jailbreak is dead, my jailbreak community is dead, modmyi isn't doing good, etc...

Apple has slowly been incorporating jailbreak ideas and releasing more and more small updates to keep people on the latest version. The whole community has pretty much fallen apart.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
With the introduction of control-centre, and the almost nonexistence of a JB on newer devices, I can see why a lot of people have moved away from jail breaking.

For me and my iPad, I'll still have it jailbroken, but I'm not too fussed in my phone and I imagine it's the same situation for others.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
My only real remaining reasons to jailbreak would be to not pay twice for my own data if I want to tether and MAYBE to have siri on all my devices but :effort: for just those.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Yea, at this point I think I'm just going to upgrade to the 5S and give up my jailbreak. A number of apps that I use are going 7.0+ only, which is a bitch.

I'll miss you, BiteSMS :(

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Can you guys come check out the community? There will be huge updates to the site soon, but we've pretty much died. Here's the site.

Aggro posted:

Yea, at this point I think I'm just going to upgrade to the 5S and give up my jailbreak. A number of apps that I use are going 7.0+ only, which is a bitch.

I'll miss you, BiteSMS :(

BiteSMS used to give me all kinds of poo poo.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Well I'm stuck on 6.1.2 on my i5 and I'm waiting for the ios 7 jailbreak to upgrade, I think the problem is Apple signing system. Jailbreak was huge when you could grab an old firmware version and just jailbreak right there but now you have to be ready to jump on the jailbreak train before they stop signing firmwares so I guess that put away a lot of people from jailbreaking.

Just look a few pages back for how many people that missed the signing window for 6.1.x

I wonder why there isn't any signing server emulators out there, I thought the blob/uuid validation was reverse engineered ?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
If Apple never includes swipeselection I'm never buying an iPhone and my iPad will probably never leave ios 6.

It's the smallest tweak yet, to me, the hugest blunder on apple's part. I get it that they want to make it as close to handling real paper as possible with all the digital conveniences but nowhere in life are you trying to tap your fat human finger between two font size 12 characters. Don't get me started on the zoom bubble, either. :argh:

Anyways, I doubt the scene or community is dead. People are just waiting for the next big hack. What are end-users and tweak programmers supposed to do while the jailbreakers keep their secrets to themselves?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Yeah there are plenty of people waiting patiently and itching for the next jailbreak. Many have switched to the latest device or upgraded to iOS7, and then there are the stragglers like me waiting on iOS6. I had to abandon my jailbreak due to a speaker failure. Nothing can be done until it's released.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sh4 posted:

I wonder why there isn't any signing server emulators out there, I thought the blob/uuid validation was reverse engineered ?

Cydia emulates the apple signing server, and tinyumbrella emulates the signing server. That's why they will change a computer's hosts file to point gs.apple.com to somewhere else.

The problem is that this method relied on a replay attack, where Apple would authorize a specific firmware for a specific device and we could save that information (the SHSH blob) and re-use that authorization.

Apple has closed this by beefing up the shsh authorization with some sort of apticket system, I don't know how it works really but jailbreakers are obviously having trouble.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I'm looking for an audio player that allows me to adjust the speed, and that I can also access the file paths of my phone. The reason is I have audio files I've downloaded but the audio players I have I can't just go searching for them by accessing the file folders. (ie... var/mobile/documents)

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Without a jailbreak, it's not worth it. Sorry, I'm not going to have Apple tell me what to do and what I can't do with a device I fully pay for. That's why I made the move over to Android.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
edit: I'm a dork

decypher fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 25, 2013

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

almighty posted:

Without a jailbreak, it's not worth it. Sorry, I'm not going to have Apple tell me what to do and what I can't do with a device I fully pay for. That's why I made the move over to Android.

No I mean my phone is jailbroken. I was hoping there was a music player through cydia that lets one access music through the folder paths.

I can use iFile to search my folders and find the music, but I can't open it on the music player that allows me to change speeds.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

No I mean my phone is jailbroken. I was hoping there was a music player through cydia that lets one access music through the folder paths.

I can use iFile to search my folders and find the music, but I can't open it on the music player that allows me to change speeds.

I don't think he was replying to your post, just a comment in general about Apple and jailbreaking.

As for your question, I'm not aware of anything that will let you accomplish what you're looking to do..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir
Son of a bitch, my volume down button is dead. If I take it in, I lose my Jailbreak. If I don't, I don't have volume down. Ideas?

• Locked thread