Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed "in a list of the fastest internet speeds, where do you think Moldova is?"
"Third"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

LordPants posted:

I enjoyed "in a list of the fastest internet speeds, where do you think Moldova is?"
"Third"

"That's a semi-final position!"

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
MICHAEL GET IN THE CHOPRA :xd:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That guy really knocked it out the park.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
This is a good listen. Ben Smith interviewed Zlatan for an hour:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/5live/5lspecials/5lspecials_20130911-2143b.mp3

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Drilled in the training sense"

Amazing. Made lose my composure in the middle of a crowded shopping mall.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
loving sunday supplement. They find time to moan about how bale didn't speak to any journos after the madrid game, the whole "yid" thing.

But no time spent what so ever on the game?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Andio posted:

This is a good listen. Ben Smith interviewed Zlatan for an hour:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/5live/5lspecials/5lspecials_20130911-2143b.mp3

Thanks for sharing. He really is crazy, haha.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
AC Jimbo reading out Belgian Club names. :allears:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lee Twixon and Noel WagonWheelan.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Lee Twixon was definitely the best, the pins from the last few shows have been top drawer.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Lee Twixon was definitely the best, the pins from the last few shows have been top drawer.

Yeah, they've been great, although I think that's probably enough now. It's the type of joke that could easily be run into the ground.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They missed Tabby Alonso in the cat one :colbert:

Although I miss the DWHOF, I quite like the fact that they've just replaced it with a longer section based on the replies they've gotten from the community.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Lee Twixon and Noel WagonWheelan.

Whatever that mario balotelli one was

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Lukey Moore has retweeted me. My life is complete.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
What was the tweet?

Also 'Why did they get beat 4-1? ... because Ashley Young is crap' is the most correct Auclair has ever been about anything.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I warned him York were going to beat Pompey this Saturday.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Only gone and had my tweet read out on the Ramble the week :cool:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I did an embarrassing crowded train laugh at Pete's "I don't think there's a violin small enough" comment.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Last night I couldn't help but think of last week's sunday supplement episode. A huge 'Arry circle jerk of journos just dripping poo poo out of his book for maximum undermining of hodgson.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I laughed at when Sid listed his La Liga first 11 someone just said the EPL team would be "eleven players from Stoke".

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Hearing Sid Lowe's non-telephone voice again freaks me out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Hoops posted:

Hearing Sid Lowe's non-telephone voice again freaks me out.

He's regularly on a new soccer show on ESPN in the US, and yeah it sounds strange compared to what I'm used to hearing.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, he's always on one of those "Football's Greatest" shows on Sky whenever it's about someone who's played in Spain. It's always weird seeing someone who you got to know just through their voice. You inevitably get a mental picture, based on very little.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Mickolution posted:

It's always weird seeing someone who you got to know just through their voice. You inevitably get a mental picture, based on very little.

I always find this really weird with people on podcasts.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I used to picture Barry Glendenning as the Irish dad from Shameless.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah Glendenning was nothing like I imagined, I thought he was a lot older than he is as well.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Hoops posted:

I used to picture Barry Glendenning as the Irish dad from Shameless.

I used to picture him as Barry off Eastenders.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He has the exact same voice as Graham Linehan, or maybe I just can't tell Irish people apart

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Monday Bandele posted:

He has the exact same voice as Graham Linehan, or maybe I just can't tell Irish people apart

I think it's the latter, they have quite different accents :)

I think Barry sounds more like Chris O'Dowd, only a little better spoken. At least moreso than Roy in the IT Crowd.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
¿así que estamos en una Koke cola? is a seriously good joke and I think Spanish people just hate Sid.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Podcasts collide as Jonathan Wilson posts a pod of him, Marcus from the Ramble, Phillippe Au Clair, and Gab Marcotti. Haven't listened yet but sounds promising: https://soundcloud.com/blizzard-podcasts

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Mandalay posted:

Podcasts collide as Jonathan Wilson posts a pod of him, Marcus from the Ramble, Phillippe Au Clair, and Gab Marcotti. Haven't listened yet but sounds promising: https://soundcloud.com/blizzard-podcasts

Sounds fun.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Mandalay posted:

The Blizzard Q&As are a really good listen - Marcus makes an excellent host, especially when he provides his answers to the audiences questions

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Sid's fungi comment today was brilliant.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

sweek0 posted:

Sid's fungi comment today was brilliant.

I liked Thunderbastard as replacement for Thraker

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I like the sponsored cup versions of the ramble. They have to try and reign in the jokes and be slightly more professional but they still slip up and it's funny.

Ramble is still my favourite cast, I even miss the DW hall of fame even if it was just "reading wikipedia". :)

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
They even make fun of Paddy Power on their normal casts. Ramble is a very good combination of smart, informed guys who don't take themselves too seriously. Listening to dreary podcast hosts in other subjects, like gaming or whatever, I wish all podcasters were half as charismatic as the Ramble dudes.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Another funny ramble, loving hilarious bit about the james milner hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've listened to FW for years, only recently picked up the Ramble and it's great.