Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Hey, my new fake facebook is here. I just got Iron Man Blue but couldn't send it to anyone because I don't have friends.

Shwqa, it wouldn't let me add you.

I added you. Im sure why Facebook would block your friend request though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

epitasis posted:

Whoa there's some new 10 day event with a world map and buffed Spider-man and Cap. New Ironman model as a reward.

Crazy, I was just thinking that they should add some PVE type events.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Fritzler posted:

Hey, my new fake facebook is here. I just got Iron Man Blue but couldn't send it to anyone because I don't have friends.

Shwqa, it wouldn't let me add you.

I used your fake facebook and friended you with my real facebook. ...Which you obviously got, because you friended me back already.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

There's some new red resource for the new event that drops in the Avengers PVP too.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The new event has some nifty potential rewards (snagged a Spider-Man Classic Purple, Magneto Now Blue and a Bag-Man Yellow from my Heroic Tokens), but some of the later missions are Not Fuckin' Around. I beat Spy 60 / Spy 60 / Assassin 50 but got my rear end handed to me by Pyro 75 / Pyro 75 / Lieutenant 60. There are lots of smaller fries to tackle there, however.

Note that the red ISO missions can only be done once each. New ones should be added periodically.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A yellow spider man classic would make my day. Also, if I can grind the iso for it, I can see Thor totally replacing iron man soon. I feel like a Thor, Classic storm, and venom team would be really good with some levels.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

The new PVE event is pretty loving awesome. Good to see them making lots of good changes.

Btw: has anyone managed to get the red Thor cover from the last Daken mission in Chapter 2? I swear to god I have run that mission 15 times now and gotten 20 iso every time (the Thor is the only reward left.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I was able to pretty easily clear all of the missions except for the 60-ish and 70-ish ones using level 21 Ironman, 23 Classic Storm, and 19 Marvel Now Thor. Was able to pick up a classic Magento and classic Spider-man from tokens and coins, so that's cool.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Shame it seems you can only do the new missions once, some of the rewards (that I didn't get) look pretty nice. I've only been playing a few days though, and am probably way too underpowered for most of these.

Joining in on the fake facebook action, my account is billy.billington.779
Will try to add others from this thread.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I beat all the missions on the first try and ended up with only 160 points, but I saw the leaders had 180. Turns out one of the missions with level 70 guys disappears and is replaced with a mission with level 90 guys once you beat it. I can't beat the level 90 guys, though. My guys can all tank 1 level 70 flamethrower hit, but a level 90 flamethrower 1 shots everyone I use except Iron Man.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Please be my fake facebook friend!

Great update, but I don't like that they removed showing the amount of AP on the power section screen. It's kinda annoying not knowing how much more AP I need to active a power. I know I can swipe to the side to check, but eh that takes too much effort.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

mania posted:

Please be my fake facebook friend!

Great update, but I don't like that they removed showing the amount of AP on the power section screen. It's kinda annoying not knowing how much more AP I need to active a power. I know I can swipe to the side to check, but eh that takes too much effort.

I added you and a couple of other fakebooks from the thread, mine is here: https://www.facebook.com/dabre.aiamim

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:
I'm adding errybody. Let's be fake friends too!

In other news, the new patch and today's event are completely awesome. Everyone needs to jump on and try it if you haven't yet.

Atomic Mitten
Jul 3, 2004
Glove of doom
New event is fairly good at low level too - quick new comics ain't hurting. Riding the fake profile train: https://www.facebook.com/billy.bobson.9231

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Really enjoying all this new stuff, but I could use some help navigating through all these characters; is there some sort of black and/or white lists? So far I only insta-sell classic Hawkeye and Juggernaut, which means I've been keeping everyone else and catalog space is getting drat expensive.

edit: jumped on the fake facebook train too, added everyone. https://www.facebook.com/liam.blimey

seravid fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 24, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

seravid posted:

Really enjoying all this new stuff, but I could use some help navigating through all these characters; is there some sort of black and/or white lists? So far I only insta-sell classic Hawkeye and Juggernaut, which means I've been keeping everyone else and catalog space is getting drat expensive.

Of the ones you're likely to get early on, and others can tear these impressions up as needed:

* A-list: Thor (Modern) is really nice once skilled up, because he pounds the poo poo out of thugs with red and yellow attacks and is beefy. Storm (Classic) is a great utility player and one of your few effective attackers against all enemies (both intentionally via Wind Storm and by reaction via Elemental Barrier).

* B-list (still very good): Iron Man is a good all-around unit -- Repulsor blasts, useful protection via Armored Assault and solid HP. Black Widow (Modern) has limited skills but they're good ones -- Widow's Sting is your best lockdown option early and will end up stunning a whole team later on. Storm (Modern) isn't the powerhouse her Classic cousin is, but you can spam Lightning Strike to restructure boards and that can be handy against minions, plus Green/Black are underused colors. Captain America is a fun utility guy, with stun/attack skills that return mana if successful but are expensive up front.

* C-list (okay): Venom is a neat idea that will have you struggling to ever get Devour to eat someone whole. Decent damage though. Bag-Man is not nearly as useful as Classic Spider-Man but can be a niche player to lock down Countdown and Attack tiles.

* D-list (meh) - Hawkeye Classic, Juggernaut, Yelena Belova.

Of late arrivals: Daken is annoying to fight against early, but becomes a real rear end once he levels up in later missions and his healing factor really kicks in. Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) plays similarly. Hawkeye (Modern) has some funky skills and I haven't leveled him enough to really judge him; same goes for Bullseye, but he's not as flexible skill-wise.

The rarer cards are hard to use because you not only need to get lucky to pull them, you really need several to skill them up (and if you don't skill them up, you can't level them up).

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

How do people already have 380 red iso? Are there other places you can get it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My Venom is going INSANE. His purple stuns get cheaper and cheaper and develop to stun a whole team. He's a lockdown monster! If only I could get a Yellow Classic Spidey to go along with him. His purples only take 4 AP to spam now so I can just toggle through a whole team and stun the whole thing at once. No chance to use devour because with the whole enemy team locked down they die too fast!

My Hawkeye modern is also kicking rear end in the avengers tournament. He's the only person attacking now because his attacks outdamage everyone else. A 4 tile blue or purple match does 200ish damage. A 5 tile match murders for 500 damage. His electric arrow only takes 3 turns to blow now and does 1500+ :stare:

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Just picked up a Loki from a heroic recruitment token, his Trickery seems like a nice counter to Storm and Iron Man (stealing strike/protect tiles), but of course he suffers from the Never Going To Level Up problem of all rare characters.

Also, haven't had much luck with the facebook-freebie thing since my first mission after linking it, seems like it's a fairly low chance...

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

Of the ones you're likely to get early on, and others can tear these impressions up as needed:

Good stuff, thanks! Looks like I'm doing pretty good as I usually roll with Thor, classic Storm and modern Black Widow, with Iron Man and modern Storm as backup. I was wondering specifically about Venom, Yelena and modern Hawkeye; Captain America too but I guess he's still too new to know for sure?; also, some 3-stars like The Hood, classic Dr. Doom (though I'm keeping him even if he's sub-par) and classic Magneto. I'm sure they're pretty good but yeah, they're stuck at level 1(5), so I can't really see a reason to use them over a badass like my lvl 23 Thor.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
For the normal 1 and 2 star guys, should I worry about which skill I won't be able to max, or just feed them whatever cards I get?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yelena is pretty much an angrier Black Widow, with less cards dropping so you'll have a harder time getting better powers. And a stupider costume.

Venom drops often enough that its worthwhile holding onto if you're going to get use out of the level 5 team stun. :haw:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I've maxed modern BW's stun so I can already disable the entire team (5 turns for the main target, 1 turn for the rest). Is Venom's stun better?

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Venom's is cheaper (7 Purple, stun all for 1 turn) while Black Widow's is longer duration (9 Blue, stun one for 5 turns and the rest for 1).

Who's better probably comes down to whether you have better uses for Blue or Purple gems.

Edit: Fixed the skill cost

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 24, 2013

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I had to buy 2 more slots cause I got 2 more tokens and unlocked modern hawkeye as well as magneto

I think bag man might be a little useful in fighting timers in this latest challenge. I just need to get some beefier meat shields to take and give the damage in the meantime.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Currently at level 4, it's 4ap to stun one person. At 5 it will cost 7 but stun the whole team one round. I'm mainly looking at this for synergy with Spider-Man's powers though, which uses up webs. I really want Classic Spidey Yellow for heals to reduce my downtime. Clawed my way up to 800ish and took a break while waiting for heals. Came back to check and I was down to 700ish. Spidey is the prize for 1000. :negative:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 24, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Currently at level 4, it's 4ap to stun one person. At 5 it will cost 7 but stun the whole team one round. I'm mainly looking at this for synergy with Spider-Man's powers though, which uses up webs. I really want Classic Spidey Yellow for heals to reduce my downtime. Clawed my way up to 800ish and took a break while waiting for heals. Came back to check and I was down to 700ish. Spidey is the prize for 1000. :negative:

You can reduce your downtime by running the Venom missions that put Spider Man on your team (he has his yellow heal skill).

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
What does the star with +# mean? My captain America has it and I don't know what it is.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
According to their forums, the belief is players getting an unusual lead in the new tourny are folks abusing the system clock to do the missions again(they get unlocked again after a day or maybe every other day). Shouldn't matter in the end since we're all getting the same amount of days to re-do the missions. Unless there's something I'm missing the "cheaters" are just blowing their wad early. Personally, I'm not going to try it out since having a huge lead, especially this early, is a pretty big red flag that you're abusing the system clock thing.

That said, SynthOrange's behemoth Venom got me thinking about assembling a team that, with a lucky enough board and the right boosts, could maybe pull off eating the entire Greenland Ops repeatable mission. I'm not sure what would be best, classic spiderman for web tiles or bagman to help lock down the timers so you get more time to build matches. Either way, holy poo poo do I want a venom like that.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I've been getting slaughtered in the Avengers Tournament today, so I switched to Red ISO. I racked up over 2,000 ISO and got four bonus heals. I leveled Thor up four more times, revived Iron Man and Black Widow, then jumped back into the other tournament as a contender again. I'm back up to 723. I guess I should actually try using boosts now, hmm?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420898131"]
You can reduce your downtime by running the Venom missions that put Spider Man on your team (he has his yellow heal skill).

Yeah I know, but the guys I need to heal are ridiculous heavy hitters now and they murder Venom before I can heal them decently just by doing regular matches.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

If you move your clock forward, you do have move it back for new events and use premium currency to heal yourself. I had to :negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A few annoyances: Bag-Man isnt an Avenger but Spidey Classic is. You cant swap a hero joining your team for an alternate costume version of them either! i.e. When you're given Hawkeye classic to do a mission, you cant swap him for Hawkeye Modern.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hahaha yes! I killed the level 90 pyros without taking any damage. Level 31 Thor you beautiful bastard. It was only after the fight I realized that it is purely a rank fight. It only gives 4 iso and you can repeat it forever. It is meant for whales trying to get a high rank.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I went ahead and cleared the repeatable mission three more times, it's not that bad if you use a lot of boosts and play carefully. I also think venom would be a good addition to a team once he gets some levels in him--his primary colors are black and purple, which you don't use that often otherwise. Now that my Thor has made my Iron Man obsolete, I'm thinking about pumping up Venom to fill the gap: I'd have blue/green with classic storm, red/yellow with Thor, and black/purple with venom. Two stun sources, nukes in all colors...it sounds good to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got Hawkeye Modern's red power. 4 turn countdown, then 1010 damage to the entire enemy team. :stare:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Argh. I had to sell my Hawkguy Modern Red to make room for Spidey Classic and Magneto. Did get Blue and Purple, and now I need to get a 50 Hero Points reward to make room to get Purple out of cache. At least Modern Red shouldn't be too hard to get back.

Cleared 900 points in Avengers Week for about ten seconds, then got knocked back down. Really don't think 1000 is feasible for me since that'd be top 10 overall.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I was one drat point shy of 800 and now everyone has at least two 2000 hp characters and keeps crushing me. My Iron man and Thor are just shy of 2000 hp and my Widow is at 1200. I'm just not getting the insane breaks my opponents keep getting. I'm done with this tournament.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shwqa posted:

Hahaha yes! I killed the level 90 pyros without taking any damage. Level 31 Thor you beautiful bastard. It was only after the fight I realized that it is purely a rank fight. It only gives 4 iso and you can repeat it forever. It is meant for whales trying to get a high rank.

Yeah, my characters are powerful enough to do it if I get a decent amount of luck, but if I take any damage at all I've lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gallow posted:

I was one drat point shy of 800 and now everyone has at least two 2000 hp characters and keeps crushing me. My Iron man and Thor are just shy of 2000 hp and my Widow is at 1200. I'm just not getting the insane breaks my opponents keep getting. I'm done with this tournament.

Remember to use your boost. You can only have 10 of a single boost, so you gotta use them somewhere.