Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Thats why I got the wheels that work on all platforms since I do PC racing from time to time. Getting a 360-only wheel is a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Long live the controller master race

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_CVUjQXjA&t=249s
At the end of this video, "Yeah 360 wheels will not work INNOVATIONNNNN"

Yeah, taking away the clutch pedal sure was innovative you loving dweeb.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Shut your anime hole.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Race 1 and Race 2 of SBC are tonight.

There is a potential for more than 16 people to show up so if the room is full message me on Live and I'll set it up for 2 rooms.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Ringo Star Get posted:

Thats why I got the wheels that work on all platforms since I do PC racing from time to time. Getting a 360-only wheel is a mistake.

The wheel makers should have taken a page off the Fighting game community and allow PCB modding in so all they need to do is just sell a new module every time there's a new console or people want to dual or triple mod. The new Razer Atrox and Mad Catz TE2 Arcade sticks have space for dual console mods as design, for example, and that community always found ways around building their own sticks for modern consoles (I've seen Dreamcast sticks modded for 360/PS3/PS2/DC play. They get that crazy). The sort of people who throw down $350 for a wheel are also likely the sort of nutter who would have no problem opening that fucker up and getting busy with a soldering iron a few years down the line so I'm surprised none of them saw it coming.

That or China's going to save everyone with some wacky mod or dongle post launch like China always does.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

That kind of stuff already exists, it's just that Xbox controllers require an encryption chip thing to talk to the Xbox so it's not as simple as just making an adapter that converts to the new protocol (unless the encryption gets broken and you're a small Chinese electronics company)

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Shut your anime hole.
No! Moving on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUgu_x01I6c

This track needs to be in a sim. A Tilke track, but my god it looks good.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just preordered an XBone and FM5 Collector's Edition. Hello, more debt!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Falken posted:

No! Moving on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUgu_x01I6c

This track needs to be in a sim. A Tilke track, but my god it looks good.

That looks amazing! But... it has corners that are not 15 mph hairpin turns at the end of a mile long DRS straight????? it's like everything I know about Tilke... is wrong

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I said come in! posted:

I would prefer for things to be as accurate as possible.

Well if that's the case, why aren't you bitching about the sand not being the right shade of tan at Laguna Seca :colbert:

Don't half-rear end you immersion :spergin:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
If you want everything to be as realistic as possible, get your arse on a flight to germany and rent a suzuki swift at the ring. :colbert:

Im still not suprised that MS is being incredibly lovely with the fanatec wheels, at least sony let you use the bloody first wheel that came out with GT3 on GT5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

anime and cars posted:

If you want everything to be as realistic as possible, get your arse on a flight to germany and rent a suzuki swift at the ring. :colbert:

Someday my friend, someday. I will do this.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

That looks amazing! But... it has corners that are not 15 mph hairpin turns at the end of a mile long DRS straight????? it's like everything I know about Tilke... is wrong
Shows you what he can make when he isn't limited to F1's rules and requirements. Also look at Istanbul Park.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Istanbul Park sucked aside from turn 8 :colbert:

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Wait is that a Tilke track with high speed turns and S curves and elevation changes? Huh. Looks fun.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Just preordered an XBone and FM5 Collector's Edition. Hello, more debt!
gently caress. Does this mean I need to get one too now? drat you Howdy!! You're ruining my schemes to save money next year!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

LiquidRain posted:

gently caress. Does this mean I need to get one too now? drat you Howdy!! You're ruining my schemes to save money next year!

I'm down with it to.

Gotta get my Day One cheevs

PhancyPants fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 19, 2013

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

LiquidRain posted:

Does this mean I need to get one too now?

Yes. Yes, it does. By my calculations you have at least until mid-January, by which time I should have selected and purchased a new wheel. So, to be generous, let's call it February 1st.

You know what you must do.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LXjoDd2WhsQ

Here's the Thrustmaster Xbone wheel.

$399 buy in for the standard 458 Italia wheel.

The F1 wheel (presumably a xbone compatible version of their T500 RS addon) looks alright, but most of those dials are molded plastic and non functional, and looks a bit cheap compared to the Formula rim available for the Fanatec CSR Elite and Clubsport base.

The GT wheel looks like it could be something special, hopefully made of metal and comparable in quality to the Fanatec Clubsport BMW GT rim. Something the CSR Elite never got even though the demand was high. I like the design of it, and would have liked such a thing for my CSR Elite.

The shifter is I suppose an Xbone compatible version of the TH8 RS shifter. This means it's likely able to go from H pattern mode to sequential with minimal fiddling. It's a pretty good shifter, but the Fanatec Clubsport shifter is apparently more realistic. Leagues better than the Porsche/CSR shifter set originally available.

The pedals don't look very good at all. The ones that come with the wheel look like your standard budget affair, and the 3 pedal setup ones look like G25 pedals. If there's a load cell in there for the brake then that could be good, but I doubt it.

Overall, it piqued my interest, however I can't really step away from my amazing Fanatec setup. If I get an Xbone next year, it'll probably be controller only play.

I wouldn't be interested in the Madcatz one, seeing how their quality control is absolutely abysmal as of late, and customer service is similarly not good. Whilst my Fanatec has had some major flaws over the last two years, they were sorted by Fanatec's great CS team who replaced my entire wheel free of charge. Not bad for a 2nd hand wheel that I'm fairly sure is out of warranty.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Over/under on the wheel ONLY working for the XBone and not PC? If you've never had a wheel ever, just started doing PC racing, got an Xbone, and Forza 5 is your first venture, then yes, MAYBE $400 could be worth it. For those who got the Forza 4 wheel, fans of the genre, been in PC racing and PS3 racing, this is a definite middle finger to them.

For $400 I can get a wheel will 100% functional buttons, Clubsports with load cell and clutch, and H-shifter and sequential shifter.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Forza Central are starting up a campaign to get the CSR and other wheels like the G27 compatable. T10 do post a fair bit over there, so if FMC is pissed, they probably know about it (And hopefully will get a solution without China bailing us out). Maybe something good will come out of it. I hope.

In car news, the Ferrari SA Aperta has been spotted being recorded for the game. Also the 2014 Ford Fiesta and the 2014 Mountain Dew #88 Chevrolet SS got confirmed on twitter through various announcements. So you have your NASCAR and your Indy Car in the same game and can now dew it in American motorsport harmony :911:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

[Penny Arcade Serious Business Cup 2013 Season 4] World Saloon Cup - Race Night 1

14 laps of Sunset Peninsula Full

1. ArcticBoogie 24:36.048
2. TheCowboyJoe 24:44.426
3. Groovetini 24:48.596
4. Cubivore 24:52.749
5. Basticular 24:57.607
6. SiliconStew 24:57.678
7. Knight is Crazy 24:57.817
8. Keml0 25:03.082
9. Eclibull 25:06.143
10. Michelanvalo 25:07.088
11. ebotacular 25:26.582
12. acidboogie 26:15.051
13. Krautastic 26:31.326
14. Magic Puddle ??? (not on picture)

11 laps of Nurburgring Grand Prix

1. Knight is Crazy 25:30.816
2. ArcticBoogie 25:45.096
3. Keml0 25:54.361
4. TheCowboyJoe 25:54.923
5. ebotacular 25:55.909
6. Groovetini 26:09.067
7. acidboogie 26:13.555
8. SiliconStew 26:14.260
9. Eclibull 26:14.703
10. Cubivore 26:15.036
11. Basticular 26:16.165
12. CommunistCows 26:19.740
13. Michelanvalo 26:22.304
14. Krautastic DNF
15. Magic Puddle DNF

Current points and PI can be found on the sheet.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I will be missing this week as well due to a baseball game

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

FM 5 Showroom time again. Again, mish-mash of previous cars. Makes me think they are saving the new stuff till the end. Goddamn Turn 10 giving us the runaround. Where's my Catherham? :argh:

FM5 Showroom posted:

2013 Audi R8 Coupé V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
2009 Mini Cooper John Cooper Works
2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
1994 Nissan 240SX SE
2012 Hennessey Venom
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1995 Toyota MR2 GT
1997 Mazda RX-7
1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
2011 Audi RS 5 Coupé
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1992 Volkswagen Golf Gti 16v Mk2
1984 Ferrari GTO
1961 Jaguar E-type S1
1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 396
2010 Lexus LFA
2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary SS
2009 Lexus IS F
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
2012 Jaguar XKR-S
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator

Was the Cougar DLC for FM4 or Horizon? I forget.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Sex Vicar posted:

FM 5 Showroom time again. Again, mish-mash of previous cars. Makes me think they are saving the new stuff till the end. Goddamn Turn 10 giving us the runaround. Where's my Catherham? :argh:

Was the Cougar DLC for FM4 or Horizon? I forget.

It better not be the same lovely looking MR2 model from FM2, although its still listed as a 1995 so I wont get my hopes up. They shouldve modeled the tintop version instead of the sloppy t-bar anyway, seeing as its the more desirable model for track work damnit :argh:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

anime and cars posted:

It better not be the same lovely looking MR2 model from FM2, although its still listed as a 1995 so I wont get my hopes up. They shouldve modeled the tintop version instead of the sloppy t-bar anyway, seeing as its the more desirable model for track work damnit :argh:
They always seem to go for sunroof models and t-bars which is annoying. Also, there should be a modification option to remove the OEM ariel.

To get your hopes back up though, when they put the 944 Turbo into FM4 it was a completely new model. Instead of the 911 wheels it had D90s, and it generally looked much better.

Although the D90 wheels were completely silver rather than colored in Porsche badges.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm just hoping they finally let us make other models of cars. I get it, you put the M3 in. Ok, well let me put an N55 in there, change the body panels and turn it into a 335. Let me put the N55 and a DCT in the 135i so I can make my car. They have two 1 series and they both have the N54.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

So, Who wants 1080P 60FPS Direct Feed of Spa Francochamps?

It's full of surprises like a new car revealed at the 2:10 mark :getin:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

That looks drat smooth. I thought F4 ran at 60FPS, but it never looked as smooth as that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sex Vicar posted:

Holy poo poo, gently caress yes. I won't spoil it because it's awesome.

God this game looks incredible.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I miss you guys. I'm gonna preorder this crap real soon.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That track looks goddamn incredible.

The paddle-shifting animation is a little excessive though :v:

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

Sex Vicar posted:

Wowwie wow wow! Holy crap I am now pumped!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

They always seem to go for sunroof models and t-bars which is annoying. Also, there should be a modification option to remove the OEM ariel.

To get your hopes back up though, when they put the 944 Turbo into FM4 it was a completely new model. Instead of the 911 wheels it had D90s, and it generally looked much better.

Although the D90 wheels were completely silver rather than colored in Porsche badges.

Yeah the 944 and 930 turbo look suprisingly good, I dont think any of the cars in the porsche dlc were old models. To be fair i'd hope not seeing how much the drat thing cost!

Saying that i'm pretty sure they re-did the MKIV Supra in fm4 because I dont remember the one in previous games having recaro sr's, so maybe I might get my non crappy looking mr2 :unsmith:

Also after watching that spa video, i'm slowly getting pushed towards buying an xbone damnit!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I want them to make, instead of Forizon 2, the Forza version of Tourist Trophy.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
God dammit. Now I have to buy a Thrustmaster wheel. Thanks a lot, Turn 10.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Dear Turn Ten,

love,
Bentron

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sex Vicar posted:

Looks cool, but the video that was streaming for me was full of compression pixels for at least 3/4ths of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

burtonos posted:

Dear Turn Ten,

love,
Bentron

Oh, come on. The only Batmobile that needs to be in the game is the original Lincoln Futura concept car as tinkered with by George Barris.

• Locked thread