Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

God drat look at these happy western tourists :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkiec
Dec 28, 2008

My gut, huh?

AwkwardKnob posted:

Who the gently caress thought this photo was a good idea?

Anyway, something everyone SHOULD see would be these North Korean propaganda posters depicting neighboring China as some kind of colorful, Maoist utopia of rocket ships and IMMENSE GLASS BUILDINGS OF STRANGE, IMPOSSIBLE GEOMETRY

You forgot the best one,

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Demonstration outside Bankruptcy court in Detroit today.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I never get tired of Fox News hosts making up new definitions for words. :allears:

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

AwkwardKnob posted:

Anyway, something everyone SHOULD see would be these North Korean propaganda posters depicting neighboring China as some kind of colorful, Maoist utopia of rocket ships and IMMENSE GLASS BUILDINGS OF STRANGE, IMPOSSIBLE GEOMETRY

That's a real building.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

AwkwardKnob posted:

It's a very well done fake.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1003317/prince-william-kate-naked-in-bath-with-baby-look-closer/

quote:

The work is that of Alison Jackson, whose pieces are a rumination on authenticity and truth in the internet and social era — which is to say, how much of what you see with your own eyes is really real? Even if you “see” something on the social web… can you take it as fact? Now look at Jackson’s work and answer that question again.

As for content-

Toronto mayor Rob Ford is at it again, he stormed out of his own press conference today without talking about the thing the conference was supposed to be about after he was asked a question he didn't like. He told city hall staffers to 'forget' about two references letters he wrote for some friends of his, one of whom is a convictedmurderer.

Ovo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 24, 2013

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

Miltank posted:

80% of this organization's profits are given to an NGO to help develop the Mumbai slums and do to things like build schools and reduce malnutrition.

http://realitytoursandtravel.com/transparency.html

http://www.realitygives.org/

Action-Man fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 24, 2013

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

I know, but I enjoyed the way it was played up in multiple paintings.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I never get tired of Fox News hosts making up new definitions for words. :allears:

Breaking this down into syllogisms, we find out all sorts of interesting things:

1. The US affords the ACA through taxation
2. A country can afford something like ACA if and only if it "seiz[es] the assets of everyone else"
3. It follows (1,2) that taxation constitutes "seizing the assets of everyone else"
4. "Seizing the assets of everyone else" falls within the definition of communism
5. (4) A nation that has adopted a policy of "seizing the assets of everyone else" has adopted communism
6. (3,5) A nation that has adopted a policy of taxation has adopted communism
7. The United States and all of its major allies have adopted policies of taxation, expanding during the 20th century, and taxation has historically been commonplace
8. (6,7) The United States and all of its major allies have adopted communism, expanding it during the 20th century, and adoption of communism has historically been commonplace among all nations.

Hooray!

Red Dad Redemption fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 24, 2013

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Did he say this before or after the liberation of Auschwitz?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Highspeeddub posted:

Demonstration outside Bankruptcy court in Detroit today.

Have those ridiculous "street theater" protest puppets ever changed anyone's mind? Ever? In all of history?

I'm trying to imagine an alternate history where the U.S. Civil War was averted by secessionist puppets on the White House lawn changing Lincoln's mind on slavery.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Miltank posted:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

DFW airport is bigger than your city.

http://mapfrappe.com/?show=13169

Holy poo poo.

DFW (world's eighth busiest airport by passenger numbers) overlaid on London Heathrow (world's third busiest airport by passenger numbers) and also quite a lot of the surrounding area.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
And what did they suppose would happen to those buses and the nearby monorail when that rocket launches?

quote:

Funny that they depicted the sun as a dark red disc. Makes it resemble the Japanese flag. Is there a local artistic convention that demands it? Plus, that Mercedes seems to be an unusually old model given those rear lights.

A different style of propaganda:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The man near the center of the photo in the white shirt with a cellphone is Maryland Attorney General and candidate for Governor Doug Gansler.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

The man near the center of the photo in the white shirt with a cellphone is Maryland Attorney General and candidate for Governor Doug Gansler.

This guy's a real winner

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Heinz-Christian Strache, chairman of the Austrian right-wing populist FPÖ party adresses a number of party colleagues during his "Speech for Austria" while standing on an Austrian flag. Talk about mixed messages.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Holy poo poo.

DFW (world's eighth busiest airport by passenger numbers) overlaid on London Heathrow (world's third busiest airport by passenger numbers) and also quite a lot of the surrounding area.

Clearly the extra acreage is for mass graves and underground FEMA camps.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Karl Rove with an important message for Republicans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyq3unjfI-s

RealityApologist
Mar 29, 2011

ASK me how NETWORKS algorithms NETWORKS will save humanity. WHY ARE YOU NOT THINKING MY THESIS THROUGH FOR ME HEATHENS did I mention I just unified all sciences because NETWORKS :fuckoff:
In case you missed it,

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/10/uc-davis-pepper-spraying-cop-gets-38k-settlement/70875/

quote:

Former UC Davis officer John Pike... was awarded a $38,000 settlement for psychiatric injuries for the way he was treated afterwards.

The kids he sprayed received $30,000.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

I want to get paid $38,000 to spray pepper spray that dude for like 3 hours straight.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In the sixties Indonesias president Achmed Sukarno visited Soviet. KGB thought they could use a honey trap to blackmail him so they secretively filmed him while he was having sex with Russian women. Then they showed it to him. The plan backfired when Sukarno asked for more copies so he could show it in theaters in Indonesia.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

No loving way.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 24, 2013

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah...the fifties...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssO5bKFJU0

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Clair McCaskill is now pretending that things she doesn't like never happened.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
OMOH, the name of the brutal Russian riot police who broke up recent LGBT rallies, spells what in a mirror? :v:

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
It's time for the 2 Minutes Hate (look at that mother loving Lincoln in 2 of those images)!

:stare:

Holy poo poo. Sorry, but you get no break! Here's Linda Harvey and Brian Camenker saying that Russia's gay bashing victims had it coming.

And yet, they cry like little babies tell the truth about them in any way, shape or form. Such as:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Really keeping with the legacy of the glorious achievements of Stalinism with those webcomics there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k4kO4ADLHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOepDcYMoL0

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 25, 2013

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Do they ever sit down and wonder why they've been thinking about nothing but gay sex for hours?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

Do they ever sit down and wonder why they've been thinking about nothing but gay sex for hours?

Rick Santorum never actually said/tweeted this. It is, however, probably accurate.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

imgur never ceases to amaze. This is near the top right now.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Grand Prize Winner posted:

imgur never ceases to amaze. This is near the top right now.

stdh.txt

http://youtu.be/-ijidjBYMsw

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
Feels more like honeypot.txt but I don't think people actually get banned on imgur (unless you're tenementfunster).

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
There's been a spate of incidents in the US where people have called emergency to get medical help for a relative who was behaving strangely, only to have the police show up and shoot the individual for lunging at them with a knife.

Thankfully, a home security camera in Dallas has finally captured a "knife lunge" so we can see what kind of crazed beasts these crime-stoppers have to deal with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YlGQX2wg8I

The officer who shot in this case was fired after the video was released. The DA dropped their charges against the victim too. Other similar cases remain disputed.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Kegluneq posted:

World's first fully bionic man, made entirely of advanced human prostheses.

Apparently it has the personality of 'an annoying 13 year old boy from the Ukraine', so I can't see it doing the second part of your quote.

Edit: They missed out a fairly important prosthetic, but honestly that's definitely a good thing. :stonk:

(This is bugging me - can anyone remember the name of that short story in which man is revealed to consistent entirely of prosthetic body parts, which ends with them coming apart and leaving only a set of chattering teeth?)

Edit: v-- 'The Triumph of American Conservatism' is definitely a (very) short story, but sadly not the one I'm thinking of!

You're thinking of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Man That Was Used Up," a great speculative-fiction short story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_That_Was_Used_Up

and to contribute, a very DnD gif:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

the night dad posted:

I don't think people actually get banned on imgur (unless you're tenementfunster).
hellbanned, thanks.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

An older person at my work referred to the JFK assassination as "that time Connally got shot" :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Typical Pubbie posted:

Did he say this before or after the liberation of Auschwitz?

He probably said it as the war machine was ramping up.

• Locked thread