Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Botcon just did Thunderclash a few years ago, they probably didn't want to do him again.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-thunderclash-revealed-boxed-sets-now-87-sold-out-167192/

Also they seemed dedicated to only doing Machine Wars characters no one cared about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Rufus posted:

Honestly I thought Thunderclash was gonna be in last Botcons Machine Wars set. Just take all the Foch molds and repaint them into the original toys the 90s Machine Wars characters swiped from. Seemed like a logical and brilliant idea to me.

Which is probably why Funpub chose to not do it.

I would say "Funpub wouldn't do that because there was already a Botcon Thunderclash in 2009" but this is the same Funpub that can't seem to curb their addiction to sucking Brakedown's dick, soooo....

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Breakdown was their first exclusive figure, so that's really them sucking their own dick. Much like everything else.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Keldroc posted:

Edit: Transformers GO! Dragon-Train Optimus revealed and...

I would hate it, but it makes me laugh too much.

I think they hit the mark with my 4 year old.
Bullet Train, Check
Dragon, Check
Robot... Who cares, DRAGON TRAIN

Also, I may actually budget for this one. Six gun was the bomb

Vaporware fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 22, 2013

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Pre-order up for Unique Toys Galvatron.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UQT10007&mode=retail

I think I like the alt-mode? I'm not sure. Anyway that's a steep asking price.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

Price is indeed steep. Going to need to see some video reviews before I jump on that one.

Also the black repaint of BH Optimus looks pretty great. I might scoop that one up. He looks much more menacing with the Nemesis/Scourge paint scheme.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 23, 2013

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Keep in mind he's also only voyager height, so this is meant for Classics. That's a lot for a 7" figure we'll prob have a MP of in a year or two.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Yet another 3rd party upgrade for FoC Bruticus, this one with a Voyager-sized Onslaught and some new fists and feet. The individual bot add-on pieces look pretty silly, but that is an FoC Bruticus I can get behind.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Yet another 3rd party upgrade for FoC Bruticus, this one with a Voyager-sized Onslaught and some new fists and feet. The individual bot add-on pieces look pretty silly, but that is an FoC Bruticus I can get behind.

Yeah that's way better

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Just how many FoC Bruticus upgrades are there now? I'm starting to get really confused about all these Bruticus upgrades.

Captain Magic posted:

While I've been whining about not having a proper voyager Galvatron for what's probably been years, I'm gonna wait for reviews on this one as I don't trust UT's quality and it's a steep price.

Besides, we're probably gonna get like 10 different 3rd party Galvatrons now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Just how many FoC Bruticus upgrades are there now? I'm starting to get really confused about all these Bruticus upgrades.

Only two, this one comes with the voyager-sized onlsaught announced earlier.

I like this one a lot, the only weak point (and its' not really that bad) is that you have to partsform Blast Off into arm mode. But other than that it's solid and I'd definitely get one in SDCC or G2 Colors.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

A mate of mine is in Taiwan at the minute, and has been for a while.

Said there were 10 deep stacks of these for around $150 on Soundwave.

I got a Universe Beachcomber today. He's tiny.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

They released the Bruticus mold 4 different times(Original,G2, SDCC/Platinum, and Ruination). You're going to need 4 upgrades in total. :colbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Wasn't there also some shapeways thing?

Third party toys are getting to the point where even a gigantic transformers sperglord like me can't keep track of them. Jesus gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Saw the pile of $80 Metroplexes for myself at the new Costco. I think I'm gonna see if mine is returnable to Amazon.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Saw the pile of $80 Metroplexes for myself at the new Costco. I think I'm gonna see if mine is returnable to Amazon.

Might want to wait on that too, apparently he's a Black Friday item at Wal-Mart for $59.88

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Might want to wait on that too, apparently he's a Black Friday item at Wal-Mart for $59.88

Online? Because I'll be hosed if I ever wait in line on BF for anything.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bluestreak is up on HLJ with low stock.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

No clue if it's online, but you'll probably still find them later in the day unless they're a timed exclusive.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Especially in Walmart. I really want a $60 Metroplex, but not if I'm gonna get my rear end stabbed over looking at somebody's shopping cart the wrong way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LightsGameraAction posted:

Especially in Walmart. I really want a $60 Metroplex, but not if I'm gonna get my rear end stabbed over looking at somebody's shopping cart the wrong way.

$20 is not enough of a difference to even go to Walmart on BF.

Edit: Amazon's return window is 30 days. poo poo.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

$20 is not enough of a difference to even go to Walmart on BF.

Edit: Amazon's return window is 30 days. poo poo.

Technically it's $70 unless you have access to a Costco so it's a good deal for those without memberships

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Technically it's $70 unless you have access to a Costco so it's a good deal for those without memberships

My mom went Costco Crazy and bought the executive membership so I have access locked up.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

That UK signing I mentioned a while ago with James Roberts and Nick Roche on Nov 2nd is definitely on now. So if anyone can make it up to Manchester next week, give me a shout if you need any copies of the trades or single issues of MTMTE ordered in. I'm getting extras anyway but it'll be good to be able to put stuff aside ready for people.

I think Nick will be doing sketches too, I'm just waiting to see what time we'll start it.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Podges posted:

That UK signing I mentioned a while ago with James Roberts and Nick Roche on Nov 2nd is definitely on now. So if anyone can make it up to Manchester next week, give me a shout if you need any copies of the trades or single issues of MTMTE ordered in. I'm getting extras anyway but it'll be good to be able to put stuff aside ready for people.

I think Nick will be doing sketches too, I'm just waiting to see what time we'll start it.

Eee I might actually go to this. Would love a sketch, just have to see if I can afford the manchester trip, off to America later in Nov, might have to see if I can scab a cheap metroplex on black friday, and somehow get him in my suitcase back.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Podges posted:

Aw, my friend in the UK is busy that weekend. And I can't exactly afford a ticket all the way to Manchester for just an autograph and Ratchet sketch. I knew it was a long shot anyway.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I see there is a third 3rd party Sixgun in the works... :psyduck:

I am not afraid to admit I didn't even know who Sixgun was before these announcements. I had no idea he was so popular.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

I see there is a third 3rd party Sixgun in the works... :psyduck:

I am not afraid to admit I didn't even know who Sixgun was before these announcements. I had no idea he was so popular.

...he's not. I think him and Scamper may have appeared for like 30 seconds in the G1 cartoon, and I don't even recall him ever being in a comic.

I guess Six-gun will probably come apart and be an add-on kid for Metroplex. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with mine the way it is. Be nice if his hands didn't stick out in city mode and his eye lights were a toggle instead of flashed when he talked, but I think I have enough guns for him.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Missed out on this on ebay last week, and I'm curious as to who or what it is. Was listed as 'G1 Sentinel'but I can't find anything under that name. Any ideas?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Universe Vector Prime it seems, but the lighting's all weird.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
That's Galaxy Force Vector Prime, released near the end of Cybertron's toyline run. Nothing really special.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Gammatron 64 posted:

Be nice if his hands didn't stick out in city mode and his eye lights were a toggle instead of flashed when he talked, but I think I have enough guns for him.
I wish that there'd been some chest-box rotation so the "vehicle mode" didn't look completely stupid. And bonus: if they did, it'd pretty much be an inverted transformation SDF-1.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

SpikeMcclane posted:

I wish that there'd been some chest-box rotation so the "vehicle mode" didn't look completely stupid. And bonus: if they did, it'd pretty much be an inverted transformation SDF-1.

While I agree that this would've made for a much more streamlined carrier, I'm betting that adding any more articulation to this thing would've made it collapse like a house of cards from a wayward glance. Plus, I just think the total absurdity of a land-carrier on tiny little wheels with a giant block of stuff on the back is charming in and of itself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Metroplex already falls over enough as is if you have him in any other pose other than standing up.

If you want carrier mode to look better just get Platinum Omega Supreme. Vehicle mode can combine with carrier mode sorta and his crane modes go well with metroplex's base mode.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I got home from the grocery store to find my wife watching the 2007 movie on TV. I almost feel likeI walked in on her loving a hobo or something.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I got home from the grocery store to find my wife watching the 2007 movie on TV. I almost feel likeI walked in on her loving a hobo or something.

At least it wasn't ROTF :v:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I was wondering if rereads with analysis of the current transformers comics in recommended reading order (Death of Optimus onward) might be possible. I can't do it because I'm literature-retarded but I feel there's a ton in MTMTE that I might be missing and I want to discuss it starting from the first issue.

There's some reasons why this could be a good time. Both comics have wrapped up their first major storylines. MTMTE has revealed many of its secrets so there's a lot to see in hindsight. "I Really Like The Transfomers Movies" is done, so maybe the sequel could be "I Really Like The Transfomers Comics" and get people reading them? Or maybe some bss superstar could be roped in to reading them for the first time. I don't know, I'd like a simulreadathon but I sure as gently caress can't lead it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm at the Chicago Toy Show (at Kane Co. showgrounds out in St. Charles) and I picked up FoC Topspin and Twintwist for $4 each. drat these are some terrible toys.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I was wondering if rereads with analysis of the current transformers comics in recommended reading order (Death of Optimus onward) might be possible. I can't do it because I'm literature-retarded but I feel there's a ton in MTMTE that I might be missing and I want to discuss it starting from the first issue.

There's some reasons why this could be a good time. Both comics have wrapped up their first major storylines. MTMTE has revealed many of its secrets so there's a lot to see in hindsight. "I Really Like The Transfomers Movies" is done, so maybe the sequel could be "I Really Like The Transfomers Comics" and get people reading them? Or maybe some bss superstar could be roped in to reading them for the first time. I don't know, I'd like a simulreadathon but I sure as gently caress can't lead it.

Would legit love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

I'm at the Chicago Toy Show (at Kane Co. showgrounds out in St. Charles) and I picked up FoC Topspin and Twintwist for $4 each. drat these are some terrible toys.

You're a terrible toy! :argh: