Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pwnstar posted:

So what are the odds on Dean not telling Castiel why he can't stay and just being a dick about it?

This is Supernatural, lack of honest communication with your family/friends is as essential to the show as the supernatural elements. I mean it may even be more so at this point. The biggest recurring theme of the show is that them not being honest with other makes all their situations worse. And it always will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

That's the single most frustrating aspect of this show. Why can't a couple of bros just bro out and bro-tell each other their bro-secrets for once in their goddamn bro-lives?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Vorgen posted:

That's the single most frustrating aspect of this show. Why can't a couple of bros just bro out and bro-tell each other their bro-secrets for once in their goddamn bro-lives?

Wouldn't that be nice. Yeah, Deadpool is spot-on about that: 75% of the character drama comes from lack of honest communication. The other 25% comes from unwanted paternalism and some dead ladies.

Dean is *always* such a dick to Castiel. Most times Castiel answered Dean's call, he was immediately yelled at for not doing what Dean wants, or for taking too long to respond. "You're like a brother to me, Cas! In that I treat you like poo poo and impossibly judge your actions, just like my actual brother!"

I'd love for Cas to have a positive and non-self-serving interaction with a person. Who isn't a demon, or reaper who bangs him, or undercover angel who wants to shiny-knife him in the back. Maybe he and Garth can chill out in a warded cabin somewhere.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xealot posted:

Dean is *always* such a dick to Castiel. Most times Castiel answered Dean's call, he was immediately yelled at for not doing what Dean wants, or for taking too long to respond. "You're like a brother to me, Cas! In that I treat you like poo poo and impossibly judge your actions, just like my actual brother!"

That's not to say Cas has been perfect to them either; maybe he's picked up too much from them.

But that's one of the reasons Dean's speech was so maddening. Last week he's going on about how he'd die for Dean or Cas, same as he would for Sam, but literally at the first opportunity, he picks Sam's safety over Cas'.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

So what are the odds on Dean not telling Castiel why he can't stay and just being a dick about it?
My guess is that we're going to be led to believe that Dean didn't tell Castiel the real reason why he had to leave, but it will be later revealed that they had an actual, healthy conversation of open and honest communication about the matter, and Castiel agreed that he should leave but <insert something about Zeke>.

It'll be a twist!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Xealot posted:

Wouldn't that be nice. Yeah, Deadpool is spot-on about that: 75% of the character drama comes from lack of honest communication. The other 25% comes from unwanted paternalism and some dead ladies.

It's a regular modern Shakespeare. :unsmith:

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Green Crayons posted:

My guess is that we're going to be led to believe that Dean didn't tell Castiel the real reason why he had to leave, but it will be later revealed that they had an actual, healthy conversation of open and honest communication about the matter, and Castiel agreed that he should leave but <insert something about Zeke>.

It'll be a twist!

This seems entirely plausible, but for the fact that Castiel is kind of terrible at keeping a secret. I don't think Dean would trust him enough, because if Sam finds out then Zeke peaces out, Sam dies, the end.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So just got done marathoning seasons 6-8 and all three of season 9.

I had originally intended to stop after season 5, but was convinced to go on after months of dragging my heels by a friend and fellow goon.

It was better than I was expecting, based on what I had heard, but that being said I don't really feel that it added anything of import and I would have been just fine never having seen it (The French Mistake excepted).

Is that the consensus? It's just kind of "there"?

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

aBagorn posted:

So just got done marathoning seasons 6-8 and all three of season 9.

I had originally intended to stop after season 5, but was convinced to go on after months of dragging my heels by a friend and fellow goon.

It was better than I was expecting, based on what I had heard, but that being said I don't really feel that it added anything of import and I would have been just fine never having seen it (The French Mistake excepted).

I think this is the general consensus about Seasons 6 and 7, they are definitely the most bland out of all of the Supernatural seasons. The first half of Season 8 also falls into this category, but the second half of season 8, in my opinion, was very much so a return to form for the series, the episode with their Grandfather being where it picks up again, that epsiode being absolutely fantastic, and it just goes full speed ahead from there.

Not to say that seasons 6 and 7 were as a whole bad, just bland, though they did also have some pretty good episodes. Castiels episode towards the end of season 6 was really good, and so was the episode in season 7 where Bobby was in a coma and dying, both were excellent.

edit: also a shoutout to Soulless Sam for being hilarious.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

aBagorn posted:

I see it like the extras on a DVD; unnecessary, but nice to have.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
Season 6 was definitely the worst season just because it made a point of assuring us that all the interesting stuff was happening off-screen while Sam and Dean ran around chasing some red herrings. The entire season just felt like an endless desperate plea for Cas, Crowley or Balthazar to show up and do something again. The episode from Bobby's POV and the alien abduction one were pretty hilarious, but everything to do with the Campbells and alphas was unbelievably boring and I feel like there wasn't much of a real reason for them to even have been there.

Anyway apparently 9x06 is about Dean and Cas hunting something together, so I'm going to assume whatever happened after 9x03 cut off didn't exactly burn any bridges between them. Cas probably would've been gung-ho about leaving if it meant protecting them too, I mean, it wouldn't be the first time he ran off on his own to protect the brothers from something. His horrible heart-broken puppy face in that end shot will always haunt my dreams, though.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Was about to post a big rear end rant about some chick sleeping with homeless dude she just met and fridging and stuff before I saw she was a reaper/angel. At least they went that direction, though I still dunno why she had to bone cas.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Condiv posted:

Was about to post a big rear end rant about some chick sleeping with homeless dude she just met and fridging and stuff before I saw she was a reaper/angel. At least they went that direction, though I still dunno why she had to bone cas.

Because he's hot?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Condiv posted:

I thought that was hilarious, and I felt dumb for not seeing the twist sooner. Woman bringing homeless eats out the garbage dude to her apartment, and immediately gets in bed with him, aaannddd I bought it with a lot of eye rolling.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Corny posted:

edit: also a shoutout to Soulless Sam for being hilarious.

"Sam! I'm having a close encounter!"
"What kind? First, second? I think the fourth kind is the butt thing."

I, too, was happy that reaper wasn't just an actual woman who's down to sleep with a homeless guy she just met. At the very least, Cas is probably kind of disgusting. He doesn't understand human bodily function at all...he can't brush his teeth properly, and probably isn't much keener at showering, to name a couple things.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Xealot posted:

"Sam! I'm having a close encounter!"
"What kind? First, second? I think the fourth kind is the butt thing."

I, too, was happy that reaper wasn't just an actual woman who's down to sleep with a homeless guy she just met. At the very least, Cas is probably kind of disgusting. He doesn't understand human bodily function at all...he can't brush his teeth properly, and probably isn't much keener at showering, to name a couple things.

I was thinking he'd at least be super minty fresh due to the EATING of tooth paste.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Montage?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
This is one of the stranger episodes I've seen.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Dean managed to find the Men of Letter's stash of Busty Asian Lasses.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Welp. Death by force lightning?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

legoman727 posted:

Welp. Death by force lightning?

She can't be dead. Her body didn't vanish.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus they're too cruel to let her stay dead.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Holy poo poo that's a Cloud Atlas shirt. :stare:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

If water ends up actually working... :argh:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

jscolon2.0 posted:

If water ends up actually working... :argh:

Earlier Dorothy stated that she tried holy water, which is still water. I think they should take a page from Robot Chicken and try to piss her to death.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
That garage is awesome.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
So does the wicked witch get her power from hell as well.

God I love the music on this show.

joebuddah fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 30, 2013

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Oh god, we're getting the dog morphers again.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
Crowley is a fan of Wicked, they have a computer that is literally powered by magic with no further explanation, and next week we get to see Dean bark at a mailman :allears:

I love this show.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Coulrophobia posted:

Crowley is a fan of Wicked, they have a computer that is literally powered by magic with no further explanation, and next week we get to see Dean bark at a mailman :allears:

I love this show.

He looks so happy with his head out the car window.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
This time he won't be scared of cats.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Such a stupid/cheesy premise yet I loved the entire episode. Supernatural just has the luck of having really, really charismatic lead actors. Dean sells everything, and whoever played Dorothy was absolutely delightful. Really enjoyed this week's throwaway

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
This loving show. This episode was really corny and bad, but it was bad in a very good and endearing kind of way. I enjoyed that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well that didn't suck :allears:

Also a 1935ish Indian Big Chief... 1955-57 Ford Thunderbird, 1934 Ford Model 40B :hawaaaafap:

can't see the last two cars or the other bike... anyone else tell me what they are?

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 30, 2013

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
You know I was worried when they said it was going to be a comedy episode. I need to learn when they are doing the fun stupid episodes they make them some of the best. I kind of want more on Oz though, I loved the expression on the boys faces, here they have seen gods, angels, death and everything else yet they are still surprised and amazed by this new world.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I would almost watch a spinoff of Charlie in Oz, as a miniseries anyway

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

That sure was an episode. :allears:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
That was ridiculous, but it felt good. Mostly.

Sam Winchester must have CTE by now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I gotta admit, I was fully prepared to hate it because I can't really stand Felicia Day, but damned if it wasn't a good episode.

Kinda nice to have a lady show up who doesn't end up dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

joebuddah posted:

I would almost watch a spinoff of Charlie in Oz, as a miniseries anyway

getting her Lesbion with Dorothy, not gonna lie, i'd watch the gently caress out of that.

• Locked thread