Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Remind me which is more accurate or if it even matters: Bawsaq via phone, or Bawsaq via social club site.

Also a long time ago in this thread, someone said you can knock those giant oranges off the juice stands. But I haven't managed to do it yet. I tried shooting it, ramming the juice stand, and sticky bombs. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obscure_reference
Jan 7, 2012

lady blue shanghai posted:

Also a long time ago in this thread, someone said you can knock those giant oranges off the juice stands. But I haven't managed to do it yet. I tried shooting it, ramming the juice stand, and sticky bombs. Help?

Just climb up on the roof and punch/kick them, after a few tries they'll roll off!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I asked this last week, but I ain't been playing much. I wanna do the simeon random mission to fill out my social club page, but after Complications the doors won't open. The wooden boards are up, I've met Lester and I still can't get in. Is this a known bug because google is turning up nothing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel really dumb not realizing I could just go to sleep to see stock rise. That would speed up my money gain quickly, as I'm right now checking it as soon as I log on, do a mission, check it again.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Killing yourself passes even more time AFAIK. Death passes 10 hours and sleep passes six. And with all your money in stocks, healthcare is free :allears:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I asked this last week, but I ain't been playing much. I wanna do the simeon random mission to fill out my social club page, but after Complications the doors won't open. The wooden boards are up, I've met Lester and I still can't get in. Is this a known bug because google is turning up nothing.
I had the same concerns, doors were sometimes closed, sometimes open but nobody was inside. You can get it up the forced switch to Trevor. Just keep going back (during daytime, possibly) before you do the Michael mission after the first heist and see if Simeon is inside. I eventually got it while doing strangers missions between the heist and the Trevor introduction.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

orcane posted:

I had the same concerns, doors were sometimes closed, sometimes open but nobody was inside. You can get it up the forced switch to Trevor. Just keep going back (during daytime, possibly) before you do the Michael mission after the first heist and see if Simeon is inside. I eventually got it while doing strangers missions between the heist and the Trevor introduction.

I went back not long after meeting Lester. I think I was replaying some missions for gold rank and then the doors were open. I suspect that you need to have unlocked clothing stores to enter Simeon's shop.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Not sure. I remember going back almost immediately and the doors were open but nobody was inside. When I tried again a bit later everything was closed. Later yet they were open again. And at some point when I entered Simeon was there and sent his guys to kill me, then ran out.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Man for a game that sold a trillion copies, it sure is hard to just jump in to a full match online. It's a shame, some of the content seems like it would be really fun with a bunch of dudes, but I'll be damned if I've ever had that jet vs. dirtbike game with more than 5 people.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

causticBeet posted:

Man for a game that sold a trillion copies, it sure is hard to just jump in to a full match online. It's a shame, some of the content seems like it would be really fun with a bunch of dudes, but I'll be damned if I've ever had that jet vs. dirtbike game with more than 5 people.

Switch aiming modes. Free aim understandably has almost no players.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

SplitSoul posted:

:stare:
You should cross-post all of these to the Games thread.

The cellphone camera is fun. :)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How do you get pictures that large?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

SplitSoul posted:

Switch aiming modes. Free aim understandably has almost no players.

Didn't know this was a thing, thanks!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Yeah the cellphone camera is an instagram piece of poo poo.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Getting quite annoying reloading a save made in a car two minutes later only for the car to have disappeared into thin air, especially when the car is an expensive modified one I'm using to do the stunt jumps

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Pisswasser has gone up $73 just today - sitting at $203 on the Xbox now. Previous high was $144.

Can't be much longer before it crashes, surely?

Masochism
Aug 28, 2004

Stoned, Ripped, Twisted...Good People.
This may have already been brought up, but I can not get the final Dom mission to pop up, did all the jumps/heli etc. Called him and nothing happened? i'm sitting at 90% complete.

Could it matter that I did most of the jumps as Trevor? Still shows up as completed on the 100% checklist.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Masochism posted:

Could it matter that I did most of the jumps as Trevor? Still shows up as completed on the 100% checklist.

No.

How long have you been waiting before you posted this? Dom's missions will only show up at a certain time of day.

Masochism
Aug 28, 2004

SheepNameKiller posted:

No.

How long have you been waiting before you posted this? Dom's missions will only show up at a certain time of day.

About 4 game days, Am I supposed to call him? Because that's what I keep reading.

Ahh, ok "Complete all of them to unlock the Uncalculated Risk mission, and head to the new icon that appears on your map."

Masochism fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 24, 2013

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

So, you took 40 pics with the phone and stitched them all together? :stare:
Nice work though. They are really stunning, I was staring at that nature one, and the one with the dam and the city. This game is beautiful.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Stitching multiple shots has 2 effects. The first obvious one is a type of FSAA effect.

The second more subtle effect is zooming in with the camera forces the LOD of distant things into High mode such as all the industrial stuff in the background.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Ak Gara posted:

Stitching multiple shots has 2 effects. The first obvious one is a type of FSAA effect.

The second more subtle effect is zooming in with the camera forces the LOD of distant things into High mode such as all the industrial stuff in the background.

These are amazing. How long does something like this take you to do?

Also I just noticed that there's a cellphone tower in that shot. Now I wonder if they have any of those ones that are fake palm trees in the game.

Edit:VV Yeah, I sorta figured the hard/tedious part would be uploading and managing the photos.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 24, 2013

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

It's actually very quick and easy.

The hard part is making sure the next photo overlaps the previous photo enough and that you pan far enough to the left/right up/down.

Then you open them all in Photoshop (each photo on a layer in the same document), press Auto Align Layers, then press Auto Blend Layers, then tidy up any obvious joins such as road markings or telephone wires, crop to a good shape, shrink the image as much as you can, the more you shrink it the better it looks, then a few other stuff like lighting and shadow work, a bit of sharpening because shrinking stuff leads to slight blurring, and that's about it.

No wait, the hard part is deleting the 40 or so photos from my Rockstar gallery each time and it has to load all the photos before you can delete them, one at a time.

Common Rockstar, let me delete my photos from http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/VonHoiwkenzoiber/games/gtav/snapmatic/

Masochism
Aug 28, 2004

Masochism posted:

About 4 game days, Am I supposed to call him? Because that's what I keep reading.

Ahh, ok "Complete all of them to unlock the Uncalculated Risk mission, and head to the new icon that appears on your map."

Well poo poo! Still no Icon for Dom popping up, ugh.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-wEZvJ_xshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-O3kYrDPbI

I'm really sad that these were cut from the game. Non-Stop Pop could've been my favorite station. Why R* :(

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
yeah but it has "Only Girl in the World" by Rihanna so its totally worth it

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
I was trying to do the final triathalon mission and I was leading the pack until half way through the bike section one of the NPCs flys by me at twice the speed of the fastest I can possibly go. A couple seconds later I notice a stray blip on my minimap so I go to check it out on my big map:

Thanks for the grindy, bugged, boring endgame content rockstar!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StickFigs posted:

I was trying to do the final triathalon mission and I was leading the pack until half way through the bike section one of the NPCs flys by me at twice the speed of the fastest I can possibly go. A couple seconds later I notice a stray blip on my minimap so I go to check it out on my big map:

Thanks for the grindy, bugged, boring endgame content rockstar!

That happened to me, but he waits for you at the beginning of the running segment. Alternatively, I bet you didn't know that you can press R1/RB to go faster.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hatbox Ghost posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-wEZvJ_xshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-O3kYrDPbI

I'm really sad that these were cut from the game. Non-Stop Pop could've been my favorite station. Why R* :(

Everybody Wants to Rule the World is a little too obvious. Head Over Heels would be the pro-choice.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Has anyone finished all of the hunting challenges? How am I supposed to no-scope an elk with the sniper rifle? When you ready the weapon the scope is automatically engaged. :confused:

Also, what do I have to do trigger the arms traffic missions.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Has anyone finished all of the hunting challenges? How am I supposed to no-scope an elk with the sniper rifle? When you ready the weapon the scope is automatically engaged. :confused:

Buy the airfield north of Sandy Shores as Trevor.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Buy the northern airfield, then just get in the airplane/buggy. Sometimes the missions take a little while to pop up, but there'll be a map icon when they're available.

I think the last 3 of each I marathoned - by the time I'd finished a plane one, the next buggy one was ready to go and vice-versa.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GazChap posted:

Pisswasser has gone up $73 just today - sitting at $203 on the Xbox now. Previous high was $144.

Can't be much longer before it crashes, surely?

I have a save from when it was around $10 a unit still, might be a good time to cash that puppy out.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Does anyone have stock market tips that isn't related to the Lester missions? I know there is an online component to it and figured someone must have figured it out by now right?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ExplodingSquid posted:

Does anyone have stock market tips that isn't related to the Lester missions? I know there is an online component to it and figured someone must have figured it out by now right?

PIS and HAL were the two biggest cash cows but recently they have been nearing their all-time highs so its hard to tell whether its safe to still invest in them.

Currently ZIT is on the rise ($3.50) after bottoming out at $2.95. All time high of $201.92, so there's a chance its going to be another PIS/HAL cashcow. Maybe monitor that for a few days to see if it continues to rise.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Badger (BDG) should probably be going up soon.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

I think you can lightly press on the left trigger, which puts you into a more typical aiming mode without the scope. It will likely still take a few goes, because it's obviously a lot less accurate and you really only get one shot before the elk quickly trots away. I think this is how I did it and I think I've done all the shooting challenges. I'm on the nature one where you have to snap a picture of a dead coyote and a dead boar together. I've only had one try at it so far though.

I know 'Pale Shelter' was in Vice City but for some reason I thought 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World' was in Vice City Stories, turns out it's not. Wonder where I got that from.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

It is a little fiddly, as Trevor seems to lift up his aim before shooting, when you pull the trigger without using the scope.
You can pretty easily sneak up close to an elk, though (below 10m), if you watch out for their line of sight and the wind direction. As soon as the elk comes to a stop, get as near as your comfortable with and try to set your perspective so that the elk is a little above the center of your screen and shoot.

I have to admit, I got lucky on that challenge, so I can't guarantee for it to work. After trying a couple of times and missing, on the last try my second frantic shot hit the spooked elk and killed it just before he vanished behind a hill.

Ak Gara posted:

Just wanted to say: Amazing work there. Nice usage of the zoom function to make pictures appear even better than the ingame graphics. Did you come up with that idea, or is there some kind of gaming camera enthusiast sub-culture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Doesn't always work. Fallout NV for example looks hideous when zoomed in to the distant hills. You can see how powerful GTA V's texture streaming ability is by zooming in and out several times quickly and seeing the things load and unload almost instantly.

• Locked thread