Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirtan
May 17, 2011
The Massive Egg nerf to Eggtenders should actually help with us hitting the DPS check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Priam posted:

I mainly play sin but I play sab in conquest. This is my current build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMjMwlRqekqRqkgtkvg0Vvh

I'm p90 so my damage is pretty good, so I don't know how it'll work at lower rank w/freelancer gear, but it's a pure aoe dps build with the assumption I'll have solid heals behind me in a cq premade or maybe if I run it in scion. I played around with 54 sab/22 sin builds for more poison damage but I didn't care for them at all.

One of the reasons for that is that only the first tick of any given sab attack can proc a poison, and generally only on the target you're actually targeting (traps for instance, can't trigger poisons, neither can charges or gtae bombs), which is one of the reasons some people have started suggesting 22 BD, as 21 seconds of blade tempo is a pretty huge damage increase while its up, since thats more than 2 full rotations of charges, and its not like only 54 points in sab really hurts you. You can still pick up every tree ability worth a drat (and you have up to 5 points left over for depending on how you mentally like to partition sab and if you're doing it strictly for pvp), and of the 2 root abilities lost, losing the trap is the more disappointing of the two and you shouldn't macro traps into other things anyway (cast time + non-cast time is the only real source of macro lag for rogue anymore).

Kirtan posted:

The Massive Egg nerf to Eggtenders should actually help with us hitting the DPS check.

Still need 20 people with the hit to actually log on, which has been getting to be more and more of a problem.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Do the extra tradeskill slots actually do anything like WoW's BoP gems/enchants or are they just for the convenience of not sending everything to a crafting alt?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Asehujiko posted:

Do the extra tradeskill slots actually do anything like WoW's BoP gems/enchants or are they just for the convenience of not sending everything to a crafting alt?

Nothing crafted is BoP, but there are crafting quests that give rep (also exp and cash), which are pretty nice.
In endgame runecrafting is probably best so you can break the soulbound gear you don't need.

Daerc posted:

Still need 20 people with the hit to actually log on, which has been getting to be more and more of a problem.

I'm eager for raiding tonight, it'll be fun!

Am I going to have to get a new authenticator and poo poo, or can I just keep with the old one until I get a new phone?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

Convenience, no such thing as Herbalism's Lifeblood or BoP enchants.

E: also lots of rep from crafting dailies

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 23, 2013

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

StumblyWumbly posted:

I'm eager for raiding tonight, it'll be fun!

Did progression get moved to Wednesday now? Or are you hoping for another mostly clean run through farm like last week? I haven't been on much since FT/EE last week because I'm mildly burned out on everything that isn't raiding.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

viewtyjoe posted:

Did progression get moved to Wednesday now? Or are you hoping for another mostly clean run through farm like last week? I haven't been on much since FT/EE last week because I'm mildly burned out on everything that isn't raiding.

You have one of the most acerbic MMO attitudes I've seen and that's saying a lot coming from me.

Like admittedly trion does a poor job of making things interesting outside of raid encounters but if you think robot dueling is boring then you are probably literally a robot.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 23, 2013

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

viewtyjoe posted:

Wednesday is reset day, it'd be pretty cool if we could get to progression, but the plan is still to farm.
I just like pushing buttons I guess!

E: Joe is undergeared and can only do farm night raiding, he wasn't bashing farm I think.

StumblyWumbly fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 23, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kirtan posted:

im just glad pool of bile doesnt hit straight away. that poo poo was a death sentence at 200ms

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

im just glad pool of bile doesnt hit straight away. that poo poo was a death sentence at 200ms

Sounds like someone can't check target of target :smuggo:

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Priam posted:

I mainly play sin but I play sab in conquest. This is my current build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMjMwlRqekqRqkgtkvg0Vvh

I'm p90 so my damage is pretty good, so I don't know how it'll work at lower rank w/freelancer gear, but it's a pure aoe dps build with the assumption I'll have solid heals behind me in a cq premade or maybe if I run it in scion. I played around with 54 sab/22 sin builds for more poison damage but I didn't care for them at all.

I have a stream up at twitch.tv/sinecru and if you go through my past broadcasts you might be able to find a few scion games with my sab build in it from last week, since I don't think I've played sin in scion at all in the past week. I might cut a highlight video of the build in scion and edit this post with it if I have the time later on.

edit; here you go, this is from sometime last week

http://www.twitch.tv/sinecru/c/3129428

Game is 20 minutes long but I did 2.95 million damage so there's lots of big numbers everywhere.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I have a Defiance code if anyone wants it. I have a copy already. PM, whatever.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Sounds like someone can't check target of target :smuggo:

THE ONLY THING I LOOK AT IS METERS #DOMOREDPS #YOLO

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Bonapartisan posted:

I have a Defiance code if anyone wants it. I have a copy already. PM, whatever.

Like, a copy of the game? If so, I don't have pms so email me @ kreczor@gmail, if not, I'll pass. (I like shiny new things okay?)

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I'm being held over at work tonight to do some kind of verification thing for new software, so I'm not able to make it. I'll be back Monday for Progression Night though.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
Looks like the server went down. Maybe they're fixing the AH/mail.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Krabkolash posted:

Looks like the server went down. Maybe they're fixing the AH/mail.

I can't even get to the Rift website...

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
Sweet, I'm finally able to be home in time for a raid and the servers are taking a dump :(

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
this is all your fault johson

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Johson wasn't gonna be there, he just saw the thread an thought "heh, I can say I was gonna be there and they'd totally buy it"

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Johson wasn't gonna be there, he just saw the thread an thought "heh, I can say I was gonna be there and they'd totally buy it"

rude! But yah, sitting in mumble while this poo poo gets sorted.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Murvin posted:

The number of auctions an individual character may have up is now capped at 200. Anyone with more than capped amount after the update will be allowed to finish those auctions normally.
This "millions of artifacts" event was not very well thought through.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

This "millions of artifacts" event was not very well thought through.

Oddly enough I don't recall there being the same problems last year.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Zoness posted:

Oddly enough I don't recall there being the same problems last year.

Assuming Bananah is reporting the correct amount of items in the AH database, I think their AH code must be terribly optimised as there was a 10 second slowdown for 40k items, and upwards of a minute for 50k items. It feels very much like a badly written query to me.

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

Datasmurf posted:

I think one of my alts got invited there right after I got done with the tutorial or what have you. Since it's an alt, I haven't really stayed and seen what they have to offer, but at least it seems as my main's guild is turning back alive. We've gone from being me and now and then the guild leader to two - three of his old friends who didn't care too much for FF. Also, since I just dinged 60, they keep giving me free epics, so I'm a happy ranged rogue.

Any chance of some refugoons being invited as my account got unlocked and my 50 cleric is homeless right now.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Finished making my 111End seal today. I have an 88/13 STR/CP seal, should I look at getting another seal to replace it?

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Just got a title in the mail for being formerly on Threesprings. (I was only there with the guild a short time). I also got the Writ of the Savage Tester title in the mail for testing the new CQ on the PTS last week.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

TheCrushinator posted:

Any chance of some refugoons being invited as my account got unlocked and my 50 cleric is homeless right now.

Just post your character(s) name(s) and/or /join goonsquad ingame on Deepwood and ask for an invite. Almost always someone on that can invite you!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

Finished making my 111End seal today. I have an 88/13 STR/CP seal, should I look at getting another seal to replace it?

depends if you think it's worth the mats, really

e: if you dont have apoth pm me (@deepwood) and i can craft it

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

TheCrushinator posted:

That would probably work out. For Logic or the guild I have my main in?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

depends if you think it's worth the mats, really

e: if you dont have apoth pm me (@deepwood) and i can craft it

Can't get in game, at work, who makes the Peak Physique? I everything except Artificer and Runecrafter on one character.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Llllladies :smuggo:

vv hello. You from FB too?

Machai fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 25, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Oh you're in black snow, hi.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

My fursona is a chusky

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
These screenshots make it look an awful lot like Tera. Other than the combat (which I'm guessing isn't like Tera because not much is), how similar is it?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

These screenshots make it look an awful lot like Tera. Other than the combat (which I'm guessing isn't like Tera because not much is), how similar is it?
It's not really similar beyond the gratuitous plate bikini armor. Here's basically what you can expect:

The core game mainly WotLK-era WoW mechanics plus GW2's random events. It's been called "WoW done right" and probably the most concise description would be that gameplay-wise, it's what WoW would have been if Blizzard was much more adventurous with features and QOL improvements, but the core combat, trade, crafting, and travel mechanics are very obviously drawn from WoW.

The cash shop isn't pushed much at all, the only really important thing in it are the SL souls, which you can get away with ignoring unless you're trying to PvP as a warrior.

The soul system is basically a mega-expansion of WoW's pre-pandas talent system. It used to allow for some interesting customization, but the expansion has railroaded pretty much every tree into 61-point builds, so it's more like having 36 different primary paths. Class diversity is almost the same as WoW (which has 34), except with less rerolling.

The setting is really bland. The art style is basically random H.R. Giger poo poo on top of random fantasy poo poo, and the dragons are basically an assemblage of Saturday morning cartoon villains that just pull another random plot out of their rear end every week. Or they're dead, in which case their cult is pulling random plots out of their rear end, which is the same thing. They've improved on this a bit with the expansion, taking things less seriously and investing a bit more in joke characters like Atrophinius and Auram.

It's competently-made and has a ton of random QOL stuff, which is the best thing it has going for it, but the reason I keep mentioning WoW is because it plays a lot like WoW. If you hated WoW's combat, raid progression, level curve, and need for 20 key-binds, you won't like Rift. If you liked WoW but wish there were more options of things to do at any given time, you'll probably enjoy it.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 25, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

OneEightHundred posted:

It's not really similar beyond the gratuitous plate bikini armor. Here's basically what you can expect:

The core game mainly WotLK-era WoW mechanics plus GW2's random events. It's been called "WoW done right" and probably the most concise description would be that gameplay-wise, it's what WoW would have been if Blizzard was much more adventurous with features and QOL improvements, but the core combat, trade, crafting, and travel mechanics are very obviously drawn from WoW.

The cash shop isn't pushed much at all, the only really important thing in it are the SL souls, which you can get away with ignoring unless you're trying to PvP as a warrior.

The soul system is basically a mega-expansion of WoW's pre-pandas talent system. It used to allow for some interesting customization, but the expansion has railroaded pretty much every tree into 61-point builds, so it's more like having 36 different primary paths. Class diversity is almost the same as WoW (which has 34), except with less rerolling.

All of this makes it sound great. I can look past the art style. Are the raids like wow raids? Gw2 sort of has raids but not really.

I'm awfully tempted to try this. How's endgame?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Are the raids like wow raids?
Yeah, pretty much. The whole game plays like an extremely ambitious WoW expansion with less personality, so if your question is "does it have my favorite thing from WoW?" then the answer's probably "yes."

The endgame is largely the same thing, do random 5-mans and weekly raids, do dailies, do random zone events, run laps around a zone tapping resource nodes until your eyes bleed, whatever.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
The art style is different, you could call it bland but I think the landscapes are a lot more aesthetically pleasing than WoW's. I still love that you can see Lantern Hook from Meridian. Some of the NPC models are pretty ordinary, but the character models are nicer. The mounts other than the horses and spiders are pretty ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

OneEightHundred posted:

Yeah, pretty much. The whole game plays like an extremely ambitious WoW expansion with less personality, so if your question is "does it have my favorite thing from WoW?" then the answer's probably "yes."

The endgame is largely the same thing, do random 5-mans and weekly raids, do dailies, do random zone events, run laps around a zone tapping resource nodes until your eyes bleed, whatever.

Sold. And f2p restrictions seem negligible which is great!

• Locked thread