Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
No mention of steampunk wings :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

First Bloodmoon with this patch, gave me a Junglekey mold, a KO cannon, a leprechaun costume and a fox costume.
With all the new vanity things you can also buy from the vendors, I need to expand my armory. :ohdear:

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

It isn't mentioned. I wonder if he fixed Crimson eating jungles.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
It might not be a moon boss, but the halloween invasion event is pretty loving tough. There are several waves of monsters, increasing in difficulty and variety each time, and a boss. One of the monsters pretty much qualifies as a miniboss, and will absolutely gently caress your poo poo up if you try to farm the event in one of those lava-lined towers that work for the other events. Then they will spawncamp you and probably slaughter every NPC in your village, because they have a huge hitbox and can go through walls.

The boss at the end didnt seem hugely difficult, but I didn't see if he had a special half health attack or anything because he flew away when the sun came up. So the whole thing is on a timer, too.

BattleRobit
Jun 14, 2013

Does the halloween mini boss drop any items? I've fought it twice now and got nothing.
The mobs dropped a sweet looking scarecrow hat though.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I think I've misunderstood the craftable pumpkin thing. It's not a moon boss, is it, but more like an eclipse or a blood moon event.

[edit] I found a painting titled 'Jacking Skeletron', which sounds perfect for my boudoir.

Esposito fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 25, 2013

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I have to say, the little spider pet that dropped durring the Pumpkin Moon event is beyond adorable.

It becomes a little spider helicopter when it needs to follow you in the air.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The halloween stuff is neat, but does anybody have a good ichor farming strategy? Just getting the right mob to spawn in the wild is a loving feat in and of itself for me, and I want the Golden Shower without resorting to cheating.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
I just went to hell, found where the crimson intersected it when it spawned, and climbed up. It took me like 5 minutes.

If you have Lava Waders or a Lava Charm, use that. They get themselves stuck in lava and then burn up and you can collect shittons of whatever that way.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

This new Halloween stuff is awesome, and now that I can be a cute lil Reaper it's even better!

Oogle
Aug 25, 2005

My torment is augmented.
What's that on the roof?

Game over, man!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
A bunch of friends logged onto my server and we triggered the halloween moon several times.

Hordes of monsters that dealt 100+ damage and had 10k+ hp eventually wound up crowding the home base bed. It was a hilarious rain of death and gore, and when we moved outside it was little better, the fps dropped to slideshow levels and people literally could not even hit h to heal before dying.

That said, stacks of loot and platinum were had by those fortunate enough to survive.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Oh my god, the slimes are wearing bunny costumes and the bunnies are wearing slime costumes :3:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I drenched a bunch of Mourning Wood in pee.

Now I have the coolest armor in the game AND a spooky shack.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
Has anyone managed to beat the Pumpking boss? Does he drop a lot of cool loot? I summoned the invasion but was pretty low on health when he showed up and just got eviscerated.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Akoogly Eyes posted:

Has anyone managed to beat the Pumpking boss? Does he drop a lot of cool loot? I summoned the invasion but was pretty low on health when he showed up and just got eviscerated.

A few times, he hasn't dropped anything other than candy apples and spooky wood for me. I have gotten cool stuff off Mourning Woods and Headless Horsemen though.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Akoogly Eyes posted:

I got a spooky twig which lets me make spooky wings that look like a cobwed on a black branch. I think it was him that dropped it anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What's the best way to spawn and farm mimics? I really need a Titan's Glove, for a Power Glove (and eventually, a Fire Gauntlet).

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Leper Colon V posted:

What's the best way to spawn and farm mimics? I really need a Titan's Glove, for a Power Glove (and eventually, a Fire Gauntlet).

Make a long runway in the biome you're looking for drops in (I think I saw something about that affecting drops now) and run back and forth with battle potion + water candle.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Reason #40 to use TEdit: You manually collected the mats to make the Pumpkin Moon item, used it, then a Solar Eclipse triggered (despite one happening four days prior) and overwriting it. And then, towards the end of the Solar Eclipse, a Blood Moon happened!

I just made 1 platinum and about 50 gold purely off of monster spawns. A day and a half of monster spawns. Plus about 7 wyverns.

Fuuuuck that noise, I'll cheat in the 10 Hallowed Bars I lost from the Eclipse. Good god, what a fight. Just an endless swarm of enemies for like half an hour. If I didn't have the Vampire Knives, I'd probably have lost more than my wizard and pirate NPCs.

Stocking up on free pumpkin seeds. I love everything about this update. I've filled an entire chest of costumes. I'm going to need another! Do we know if pumpkins are going to spawn year-round, or just during the season?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ChibiSoma posted:

Stocking up on free pumpkin seeds. I love everything about this update. I've filled an entire chest of costumes. I'm going to need another! Do we know if pumpkins are going to spawn year-round, or just during the season?

According to patch notes, Pumpkins will naturally spawn like trees during "the Halloween season", but can be planted with seeds year-round (and the Dryad'll sell them year round).

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The only thing I want is a weapon stand to show off my weapons like armor stands.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Is there a way to trigger the halloween thing, or is it just a random event?

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Does the world need to be hardmode to do the event?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Is there a way to trigger the halloween thing, or is it just a random event?

Craft a medallion with 30 pumpkin, 5 Ectoplasm, and 10 Hallowed Bars. No idea if you can use it on a non-hardmode world but probably.

Treat it like a boss summon - pop it exactly at 7:30 PM game time.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

I have to expand now. :saddowns:
My chests are full, there's still plenty of new stuff and I need a place for my paintings and and...

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Craft a medallion with 30 pumpkin, 5 Ectoplasm, and 10 Hallowed Bars. No idea if you can use it on a non-hardmode world but probably.

Treat it like a boss summon - pop it exactly at 7:30 PM game time.

Thanks

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh god.

Apparently this drops from Pumpking. I need it.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh god.

Oh no! :ohdear:

No idea where it drops, but i'm guessing Pumpking

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I've recently realized that I've never given a magic using build a go. What would people recommend for pre and post hardcore loadouts?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

robziel posted:

I've recently realized that I've never given a magic using build a go. What would people recommend for pre and post hardcore loadouts?

Pre-Hardmode: Sapphire/Ruby/Diamond Staff, Aqua Scepter, Jungle Armor, Mana Flower + mobility accessories to taste
Early Hardmode: Golden Shower, Crystal Storm, the best Hardmode ore armor you can make, Mana Flower + Sorcerer's Emblem + mobility accessories to taste
Late Hardmode: Golden Shower, Shadowbeam Staff, Magnet Sphere, Inferno Fork, Spectre Armor, Mana Flower + Sorcerer's Emblem + mobility accessories to taste

My lack of dungeon area that spawns Diabloists is a real pain in the rear end, I need to spawn another world. :argh:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
So what's a good plan when just starting out in Hardmode? I have a full set of molten armor, night's edge, molten fury, demon scythe and a bunch of semi-useful accessories like the obsidian shield. I've just been trying to farm crimson and hallow a bit for souls, since the underground jungle and dungeon are kicking my rear end.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Smash a bunch of altars with your Pwnhammer, which spreads the hardmode ores around the world; drink some Spelunker potions to find them easier. Work your way through them and improve your armor and especially tools, which will let you get the higher-tier ores.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fishstick posted:

So what's a good plan when just starting out in Hardmode? I have a full set of molten armor, night's edge, molten fury, demon scythe and a bunch of semi-useful accessories like the obsidian shield. I've just been trying to farm crimson and hallow a bit for souls, since the underground jungle and dungeon are kicking my rear end.
Get your Mushroom Spear. That poo poo will carry you through the whole of hardmode if you let it.

Then, go into your snow biome, and start hunting the guys with the eyelasers. The spear can hit them through walls, so abuse this. Do this until you have an Ice Feather, and a full set of Frost Armor. Frost Armor is better than the first two tiers of Hardmode ore, and arguably than the third, too, depending on your build. From there, hang out on your flying island until you kill enough Wyverns to get 20 souls of flight. Make Frost Wings, if you have a Mythril Anvil. Get one, if you don't.

You are now set to stomp all over hardmode.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh god.

Oh god I hope this synergizes with the Tiki Armour. I want to make a pure-summoning build with a giant swarm of ravens, a small army of pygmies, an icy hydra turret, and a staff that shoots bats, and just run around laughing maniacally as my gigantic horde of pissed off minions murders everything. I'll need a pet and a wisp in a bottle of course, and I'll need to find out if the fairy bell can be used at the same time as the wisp. If so I might as well get a shadow orb too. I need more things. More things.

If only there was a way to have the Chlorophyte Armour set and the Tiki Armour set at the same time. That little murder-crystal is kind of neat.

edit: Oh, I'll need a honey accessory as well, so that I shoot bees from my eyes whenever anything dares to touch me. Possibly the cloak, so that I also summon stars from the sky. If I'm going to make this build I might as well go all-in and make it the biggest, clusterfuckingest, most screen-obscuring shitfest I possibly can.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 25, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

The Leper Colon V posted:

Get your Mushroom Spear. That poo poo will carry you through the whole of hardmode if you let it.

Then, go into your snow biome, and start hunting the guys with the eyelasers. The spear can hit them through walls, so abuse this. Do this until you have an Ice Feather, and a full set of Frost Armor. Frost Armor is better than the first two tiers of Hardmode ore, and arguably than the third, too, depending on your build. From there, hang out on your flying island until you kill enough Wyverns to get 20 souls of flight. Make Frost Wings, if you have a Mythril Anvil. Get one, if you don't.

You are now set to stomp all over hardmode.

If you're farming in the snow biome, you should really farm up a Frozen Key and get your Hydra Staff. It's just so, so good, especially for someone just starting out.

Also, to clarify, the 'guys with the eyelasers' are the Ice Golems, who only spawn in the snow biome during a blizzard (when it's raining everywhere else). Each one will drop a random single piece of Frost Armor, so you'll need to kill 3 or (many) more depending on your drop luck.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'll need to find out if the fairy bell can be used at the same time as the wisp.

Sadly it cannot. :( One light source pet and one cosmetic pet at a time.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Kyrosiris posted:

Sadly it cannot. :( One light source pet and one cosmetic pet at a time.

Wisp it is, then. That thing owns. Little happy burning ghost skull that looks through walls for me and does barrel rolls when I'm flying :buddy:

The baby Skeletron head pet, the Skeletron mask in the cosmetic slot, and the Book of Skulls would be great to round out the build, just for visual effect. Maximum spookiness!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wisp it is, then. That thing owns. Little happy burning ghost skull that looks through walls for me and does barrel rolls when I'm flying :buddy:

The baby Skeletron head pet, the Skeletron mask in the cosmetic slot, and the Book of Skulls would be great to round out the build, just for visual effect. Maximum spookiness!

Also to answer your other question, apparently the Raven Staff works just like the Pygmy Staff, and works with the Tiki Armor/Pygmy Necklace/Hercules Beetle. There's also apparently a new set of summoning armor from the event - Spooky Armor, made out of the spooky wood that stuff drops. The set bonus isn't +1 minion, though, but +25% minion damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Kyrosiris posted:

Pre-Hardmode: Sapphire/Ruby/Diamond Staff, Aqua Scepter, Jungle Armor, Mana Flower + mobility accessories to taste
Early Hardmode: Golden Shower, Crystal Storm, the best Hardmode ore armor you can make, Mana Flower + Sorcerer's Emblem + mobility accessories to taste
Late Hardmode: Golden Shower, Shadowbeam Staff, Magnet Sphere, Inferno Fork, Spectre Armor, Mana Flower + Sorcerer's Emblem + mobility accessories to taste

My lack of dungeon area that spawns Diabloists is a real pain in the rear end, I need to spawn another world. :argh:

Water Bolt and Book of Skulls are better pre-hardmode spells. The BoS is good enough for hardmode, too, until you can get your hands on a Golden Shower and stomp everything. I'd recommend Mana Cuffs once you've got Spectre Armor (they're OK beforehand, too) so you don't have to waste inventory slots on mana potions.

• Locked thread