Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HeyItsAyls posted:

Ditto. I'm assuming other people called Xerneas Oberon and Mr. Mime Puck as well (no good Mule Pokémon for Bottom though).

The nerdiest Fairy team. :shobon:

Clearly Klefki should've been Puck, friend. Rather than a horror. He is a prankster after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FauxGateau posted:

Clearly Klefki should've been Puck, friend. Rather than a horror. He is a prankster after all.

Klefki would be the worst pokemon to have around IRL.

"Where the gently caress are my keys?"

Kleffff....ki! *disappears forever into the Tall Grass*

"gently caress YOU KLEFKI! MY LANDLORD CHARGES $50 FOR A SET OF KEYS"

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Finally beat the E4. Took about 75 hours :negative:

SinVoladores the Hawlucha
Melisandre the Delphox
Sativa the Venasaur
WERAFFE the Gyarados (One of my first wonder trades. It was from Germany, so I don't know if that name means anything)
Dawnbreaker the Doublade (this thing was impenetrable with evolite)
and Earhart the Flygon (Gotta say, one of the toughest/most satisfying dragon to train)

There's a lot going on in this game. Usually, I would rush through the story in a pokemon game, but there was so much stuff to do, especially with the online stuff; it was an interesting change of pace.

What's not fun, is thinking you got a best pokemon ever until the IV judge crushes your hopes and dreams. My modest Delphox... 0 Sp.Attack IV's :(

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Sixty nine hatched eggs in.

Only one thousand, nine hundred seventy three to go, right?

:unsmigghh:

Watch I get the goddamned shiny froakie, and it comes out with Torrent instead of Protean. :negative:

FauxGateau posted:

gently caress... I also named my Gardevoir that. Here I was thinking I was original!

Great minds think alike, right? My Sylveon's in that club, too. :hfive:

VVVVV
Agreed. I'll love it all the same.

If it ever happens.

:negative:

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 25, 2013

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Watch I get the goddamned shiny froakie, and it comes out with Torrent instead of Protean. :negative:

I would probably give up right there and hope it has good IVs.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

deadly_pudding posted:

I would probably give up right there and hope it has good IVs.

Can't you just Ability Capsule it into a Protean if you wanted? Or does Ability Capsule not work on hidden abilities?

e: I am dumb and google'd it, apparently it does not work

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 25, 2013

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

In that same vein, can I use an Ability Capsule on a Gooey Goomy to give it one of its regular abilities?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Rotom W owns. Totally worth the effort.

I remember someone in here offering Thick Fat Piloswines with good natures/IVs and the Ice priority move already on them.... Is that a standing offer?

Yeah I still have two of them. I completely forgot about stealth rock having to be bred onto them but in the end I said gently caress it. I don't want to use SR anyway. So if you're fine with just icicle crash.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Dastardly posted:

Yeah I still have two of them. I completely forgot about stealth rock having to be bred onto them but in the end I said gently caress it. I don't want to use SR anyway. So if you're fine with just icicle crash.

Isn't Stealth Rock a TM?

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

TheWorstAtWords posted:

What's the best set for a Klefki? I've been thinking something like Thunder Wave / Swagger / Foul Play / Play Rough, but I don't know whether that's actually any good.

Replace Play Rough with Substitute and you have Liepard's set. People hate playing against teams with a Liepard.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

SirBukkake posted:

SinVoladores the Hawlucha

I love this. I'm trying to think of a suitable name for mine along these lines. (where is the renamer guy?)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

vulturesrow posted:

I love this. I'm trying to think of a suitable name for mine along these lines. (where is the renamer guy?)
La Hacha
Tomahawk
Dynamica
Marejada
El Cazador

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

Klefki would be the worst pokemon to have around IRL.

"Where the gently caress are my keys?"

Kleffff....ki! *disappears forever into the Tall Grass*

"gently caress YOU KLEFKI! MY LANDLORD CHARGES $50 FOR A SET OF KEYS"

That's why you'd want one of your own, so you'd never lose your keys.

I actually really want a Klefki key ring now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Unless Klefki are born with a set of keys, they are stealing those keys from somewhere.

....and if they are born with keys, that raises the question as to what they unlock.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So I'm Building a Banette for the purpose of using it as my mega. It's movelist is going to be Will-o-wisp/Destiny Bond/Sucker Punch/Taunt.

I'm thinking 252 EVs for Attack (Wreck some Ghosts/psychics) but would it be better for me to put the rest of the points into HP or one of its defenses?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Leper Colon V posted:

La Hacha
Tomahawk
Dynamica
Marejada
El Cazador

ReyMysterio

Tomahawk is excellent though. I might need to do some renaming.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If you haven't beaten the E4, can you still get national dex mons through trade? I'm sad that Misdreavus is unavailable but I'd love to have a Lilligant at least.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Great Beer posted:

ReyMysterio

Tomahawk is excellent though. I might need to do some renaming.

I speak pretty fluent Spanish, I just need to think of something clever. I thought about ReyMysterio but I didn't think it was particularly creative since he is one of the few luchadores most people have even heard of.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

Replace Play Rough with Substitute and you have Liepard's set. People hate playing against teams with a Liepard.

Oh god. This is the worst set. And klefki has better typing, too.

Dastardly posted:

Could I get one of those from you? Building an ice team, and something that isn't weak to fire would be nice to have. FC is 0001-3312-4455.

Dyeus
Apr 7, 2007

Orks iz da biggest and da strongest!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So I'm Building a Banette for the purpose of using it as my mega. It's movelist is going to be Will-o-wisp/Destiny Bond/Sucker Punch/Taunt.

I'm thinking 252 EVs for Attack (Wreck some Ghosts/psychics) but would it be better for me to put the rest of the points into HP or one of its defenses?
Not sure about the EVs (I went with Attack and HP) but if you wanna use Destiny Bond you should use Protect too. Prankster doesn't activate on the same turn you activate mega stone on Banette :(

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

rhoga posted:

Could I get one of those from you? Building an ice team, and something that isn't weak to fire would be nice to have. FC is 0001-3312-4455.

Sure. 4613-6156-4661 (Kat)

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Just gonna leave this here.

Fuckin' Mimes man.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Blackheart posted:

If you haven't beaten the E4, can you still get national dex mons through trade? I'm sad that Misdreavus is unavailable but I'd love to have a Lilligant at least.

Yes. Their dex number will just be unlisted until you get the National Dex.

^The transition to 3D has made that thing horrifying.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Can I not do 6 pokemon single battles against random online opponents? Or am I missing something very obvious?

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Cernunnos posted:

Just gonna leave this here.

Fuckin' Mimes man.

That is simultaneously mesmerizing and disturbing as hell. :catstare:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Having a birthday in the game is :unsmith:. The Pokemon center goes all out and changes music, the hair dresser mentions how it's your birthday, and you get special Pokepuffs. Your mom and friends don't say anything at all.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Leper Colon V posted:

La Hacha
Tomahawk
Dynamica
Marejada
El Cazador

Strong Bad

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo breeding is tedious. You guys that breed for perfects are crazy, I've been hatching just some duplicate larvitars and dratinis for friends and it takes forever without caring about nature or ability, let alone IVs.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
I named my Flabebe Titania, gently caress y'alls

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Holy poo poo breeding is tedious. You guys that breed for perfects are crazy, I've been hatching just some duplicate larvitars and dratinis for friends and it takes forever without caring about nature or ability, let alone IVs.

Are you using a pokemon with flame body in your party + the hatching O-powers? That makes it go a lot faster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dyeus posted:

Not sure about the EVs (I went with Attack and HP) but if you wanna use Destiny Bond you should use Protect too. Prankster doesn't activate on the same turn you activate mega stone on Banette :(

Well I shouldn't be getting one shot since I should be opening with it, but what would I get rid of for Protect. that move set's all pretty essential.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not sure as to whether Rampardos' 3D model is amazing or absolutely terrible.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

The much less popular sequel to The Ring

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Are you using a pokemon with flame body in your party + the hatching O-powers? That makes it go a lot faster.

Flame body yes, don't have the O power yet. That said I started hatching Aqua Jet Belly Drum Marrils and it's so much faster, I guess things like Dragons take longer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Flame body makes egg hatching way quicker, along with the O power. In general though, breeding does take quite a bit of time, but it's almost completely mindless once you know how to do it so you can do other stuff while you bike back and forth hatching eggs. A lot of my time breeding has mostly just been watching videos while holding the control pad down and talking to the daycare dude.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
If you don't find something fun then don't do it. Because doing tedious repetitive bullshit is not video games. Unless you're into EVE Online.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I know I'm going to come across as a paranoid lunatic but I have to get this off my chest. If I download the patch for X&Y it's not going to gently caress with breeding mechanic right? I really want to breed me some speed boost torchics.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Flopsy posted:

I know I'm going to come across as a paranoid lunatic but I have to get this off my chest. If I download the patch for X&Y it's not going to gently caress with breeding mechanic right? I really want to breed me some speed boost torchics.

You're a paranoid lunatic. All the breeding changes are 100% on purpose. They talked about big breeding changes b efore the games came out.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Greninja (Charlie) - Torrent, Extrasensory, Surf, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse
Aegislash (Mac) - A: Stance Change - I: Rock Helmet - M: King's Shield, Iron Head, Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword
Talonflame (Dee) - A: Flame Body - I: None - M: Flare Blitz, U-turn, Acrobatics, Fly (don't use in battle, just nice having a flying in party)
Venusaur (Dennis) - A: Overgrow - I: MEGA-stone - M: Sludge Bomb, Leech Seed, Petal Dance, Solar Beam (I really don't know what to do with his moves)
Tyrantrum (Rex) - A: Strong Jaw - I: King's Rock - M: Crunch, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge
Gardevoir (Carmen) - A: Synchronize - I: MEGA-stone - M: Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Psychic

And the natures, EVs, and IVs are, as perviously stated, all over the place. More than half the battles I've had are against post-game teams with Legendaries and MEGAs. This isn't some Super-Elite team I'm running. These were literally the first catches I've gotten for each of them without scumming for good natures and stats. Hell I was more committed to the Always Sunny gimmick than to making it competition ready out of the gates. And this team has not lost in any of my fights on Passerby.

Maybe your problem is that you're doing ranked fights and not random shitheads on passerby.

Please please please say that Carmen was a male Gardevoir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait if I toss in a level 1 for the egg move can it over level in the daycare and then stop giving me the egg move? I think that just happened to me.

• Locked thread