Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Curse my need to get all the prizes from the missions. I spend far too long on repeating them even if the prize is something poo poo like 100 ISO. Or Juggernaut, who is effectively 100 ISO.

Still, Thor is becoming ridiculously strong now and I've maxed out the powers on Iron Man. Five blue, four red, four yellow is what I ended up with. Thor uses all the red and yellow AP anyway. Sometimes I get a lucky break and his red attack will give me yellows in the right places and charge the green attack, so he goes flying round the screen dropping lightning on people and bonking them in the head with Mjolnir.

And I picked up a Spider-Man from somewhere, he usually goes in the third spot if there's no guest, but I'll just stick whoever in there mostly, because it's rare that they'll be stronger than Thor or Iron Man so they won't be attacking much either.

Really enjoying this game now after the updates. Seemed very cash-grabby at first, and while there's still a bit of a pay-to-win feeling with the IAP, it definitely doesn't seem to need it.

Finally, this new Red ISO campaign thing seems to be the Stark Sarcasm Zone so far, and I quite like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I was all pissed off at this game at release, but the recent updates and event are really impressing me with what seems to be the start of a PAD-style dedication to making a good ongoing experience. As a result of my appreciation, I whaled out with a 20 dollar gift card I had hanging around, and ended up getting all 3 skills for classic Spiderman to level 2, and getting Cap to almost his skill limit. A team of classic storm, Thor, and classic spiderman is amazing. A lot of AoE, quick or heavy stuns, low cost nukes, and strong AoE healing on top of everything. It's fantastic. If you play carefully, you can play indefinitely by healing up in low risk situations.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
What's the upper level classic Spider-Man blue like? I'm still dreaming of a venom / Spider-Man maximum carnage eat the team party.

I got lucky this new event with a Spidey blue pull from a heroic token. The next level up is AP reducing to make a web tile. I'm wondering if it's like venom and the web tile move upgrades just keep reducing the cost until I can shot web with the greatest of ease? To keep the cost low for venom webbing, maybe it's best to cut it short at 4/5 purple training.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm wondering if Bag-Man's Switcharoo could be used at all since it creates two web tiles. Use it 4 times and it's eat the entire loving team time. Anyone have a clue if the cost keeps going down?

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

I'm wondering if Bag-Man's Switcharoo could be used at all since it creates two web tiles. Use it 4 times and it's eat the entire loving team time. Anyone have a clue if the cost keeps going down?

Looks like it just adds more types of tiles?

Switcheroo - Purple 13 AP
Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles.
Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.
Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color.
Level 5: Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.

From here: http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 25, 2013

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I tried to use the devour move earlier with Bag-Man's switcheroo and it only did damage. I guess Bag-Man Switcheroo doesn't count as web tile poo poo and just freezes it.

Yup I cocooned it instead, misunderstood. Goddamn. Bagman you son of a bitch.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 25, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god, that level 5. Two pairs of tiles. FOUR WEB TILES. Time to get in Venom's mouth.

edit: Are you sure you didnt mix up cocoon and switcheroo? Cocoon freezes timers, switcheroo swaps and webs stuff.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Is their any place to see what every additional level of an ability adds so you can plan your dudes to have best skill levels for what you want.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Fallorn posted:

Is their any place to see what every additional level of an ability adds so you can plan your dudes to have best skill levels for what you want.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks, I'll add that to the OP.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Shwqa posted:

Remember to use your boost. You can only have 10 of a single boost, so you gotta use them somewhere.

I started using them last night. The only way to get more than single-digit points was to try and go after the people that beat me. Most of the time I barely survived after one fight and would have to go run to the Venom level and try to heal but it becomes such a chore. On paper my team should be just as good as my opponents, but it their Iron Man Repulsor Blasts you or they get some crazy Hawkeye combo early on, you may as well just quit the fight.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
There is no reason to hang onto extra covers of characters I have fully skilled out, correct? I just got another blue cover for Iron Man but I've already capped it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Logged in this morning and had three tokens waiting: two Standard, one Heroic.

Wolverine: Feral Claws. That'll help.
Venom: Symbiote Snare. Already maxed, thanks for the 100 ISO.
Wolverine X-Force: Enraged Slash?

:getin:

800 points after being plinked at all evening. Time to see if I can crack 1000 for that Spidey Classic.

EDIT: Burned a lot of heals but I got it. At 1004 - #18 and really don't care how far I fall now, and the hero points from the tourney will let me actually claim Spidey and level mine up. After that come the very hard choices as to whom to sell (probably Bullseye, I'm not ditching Magneto or Wolverine X-Force and I might as well level up Hawkeye Modern now.)

delfin fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 25, 2013

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

delfin posted:

Logged in this morning and had three tokens waiting: two Standard, one Heroic.

I don't quite get this - did you have a daily reward or something? How did 3 tokens show up?

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

bubbapook posted:

I don't quite get this - did you have a daily reward or something? How did 3 tokens show up?

Facebook friend rewards I'm guessing.

I was under the impression that the Red ISO quests reset daily, is that not the case?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is there a way to link up a fake facebook without making it the account your iphone/ipad is synced to? I'd like to hook up a fake facebook, but logging in/out constantly to check my real one sounds like a pain.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420920256"]
Facebook friend rewards I'm guessing.

I was under the impression that the Red ISO quests reset daily, is that not the case?

At least two were Facebook buddy rewards, yes. I didn't stop to see which were which.

IIRC the red ISO quests update every other day. If the existing ones reset they should do it in about 40 minutes, as noon EST yesterday was when they popped up in the first place.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Jumped on the fake FB bandwagon, thought I would start a google doc to keep track of everyone. Feel free to add/remove your info. Marvel PQ Facebook Friends list

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420923708"]
Jumped on the fake FB bandwagon, thought I would start a google doc to keep track of everyone. Feel free to add/remove your info. Marvel PQ Facebook Friends list

Awesome! Also you guys are awesome. I woke with an extra 700 iso and 2 standard tokens. I got another yelena and modern storm,

I have been trying to compare wolverine to daken lately. Daken has much better colors (black and purple) but wolverine blows him out of the water. Both at level 13 daken makes 7 strength tiles for every green match. Wolverine makes 17 strength tile for minimum 3 green ap but makes an extra 17 strength tile every 5 red ap you have.

It is really easy for my wolverine and Thor to combo together and being 130 on normal tile matches.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I feel like I'm still getting started with this game - I'm just now starting to get covers other than iron man and storm classic. I have Thor, hawkeye modern, venom, capt america and magneto. How easy is it going to be to get new skills/levels for them? Are covers available in the oscorp/dark avengers storylines? (I haven't unlocked them yet). Should I just play the events and hope for hero coins? Pre patch the path to leveling/getting skills was clearer because covers dropped everywhere. Now I barely see any. Any suggestions?

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420923708"]

This is great! I'm on there as: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.vossin

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

I feel like I'm still getting started with this game - I'm just now starting to get covers other than iron man and storm classic. I have Thor, hawkeye modern, venom, capt america and magneto. How easy is it going to be to get new skills/levels for them? Are covers available in the oscorp/dark avengers storylines? (I haven't unlocked them yet). Should I just play the events and hope for hero coins? Pre patch the path to leveling/getting skills was clearer because covers dropped everywhere. Now I barely see any. Any suggestions?

Thor and Venom will be easier to level up. I haven't seen any other covers, other than the iso mission.

There are covers in the dark avengers missions. Wolverine every color if you can beat daken, yolena, and venom at the same time. I haven't unlock the last mission on the Maggie side yet.

Oscorp has yolena both colors, venom both colors, and daken.

Huskers
May 9, 2009

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420923708"]

Thanks for this, added my account : https://www.facebook.com/huskers.sa

philoiz
Nov 4, 2010

The dye is cast.
Added my fake account to the page. Thanks for setting this up!

https://www.facebook.com/john.ham.378

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I've added a bunch of people (with my real FB account) as they've posted in here, but when I get the opportunity to share rewards, I'm still only seeing one or two people, and always the same - never a random assortment. But I'm getting things from other people. It's really weird.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
This weekends tournament is a free-for-all with no restrictions in playing characters that I can see. It'll be interesting to see some other teams than Iron Man, Thor and Cap. America.

Of course, I had to sell my lvl 20 Black Widow thinking she would not be useful after I ran out of cover space.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Russad posted:

I've added a bunch of people (with my real FB account) as they've posted in here, but when I get the opportunity to share rewards, I'm still only seeing one or two people, and always the same - never a random assortment. But I'm getting things from other people. It's really weird.

Do you know if it sends out random invites to friends and the like, or is it relatively non-intrusive?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Emron posted:

Do you know if it sends out random invites to friends and the like, or is it relatively non-intrusive?

When they first integrated it, it was super obnoxious: trying to share would just offer 3 friends from your friend list, regardless of if they played.

Now it appears to only offer people who have the game linked to their account, so it's great.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Emron posted:

It seems non-intrusive, best as I can tell. I've gotten and sent quite a bit of help and not seen walls filling up with stuff.

The Arena is the new event:
* Bracketed in 200s
* Either Captain America (buffed 150%) or Black Widow (buffed 200%) is forced onto your team. You can use your own version if you have one.
* Moonstone (Dark Ms. Marvel) is the top prize for each bracket. Progression prizes include Captain America Red pretty early, Captain America Blue and Black Widow Grey Suit for the superambitious.

Man, am I glad the only limit on your cover cache seems to be time. Mine is in double digits 'til I get one more batch of Hero Points.

EDIT: And it gets even worse because I got a Heroic token at 250 and got Magneto... the OTHER Magneto. So I need to wait 'til after midnight when I get my Hero Points reward, use that to expand my collection, clear the first 13 in my cache (sell 10 crap 1*s, skill up Cap twice and Spidey Classic once), collect Magneto Classic and then either figure out where ELSE I'm going to get Hero Points from or sell Bullseye.

delfin fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 25, 2013

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
My lvl 22 Black Widow turned into a goddamn monster in this new event :stare:

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
High level Classic Storm vs Classic Storm is hilariously broken. When one team autohits, the autohits continue until one Storm is dead.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
High level ragnarock + high level storm classic = win on turn 1 much of the time. Enemy never gets more than 1 or 2 turns.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

I can't link my Facebook account to the iPhone ap. anyone else having this problem?

Also I can't sell a single cover I get. I'm now at 17 spaces with 16 covers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cant or wont?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SpclKen posted:

I can't link my Facebook account to the iPhone ap. anyone else having this problem?

Also I can't sell a single cover I get. I'm now at 17 spaces with 16 covers.

You sell them under Train; pick a cover there, select Raise Level, and there should be a Sell icon at lower left. It's unintuitive.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Won't sell em sorry! And I had to go to settings and allow the app to access Facebook.

So I am officially a hoarder.

Also I added my name to the list. Add me please

SpclKen fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 25, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New event up! Arena mode. 200 player brackets and a chance to win Moonstone. Black Widow is mandatory.

New Leaf posted:

There is no reason to hang onto extra covers of characters I have fully skilled out, correct? I just got another blue cover for Iron Man but I've already capped it.

If you want to have a backup Iron Man ready to go, you could hang on to it and develop it. But raising other characters is more interesting.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 25, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Randomly got Marvel Now Magneto a couple of days ago, and he's rapidly turned into a favourite of mine: cheap to upgrade, good strength and a pretty useful blue skill (punches a 13-tile hole in the board for 9 blue). My team mostly consists of him, Iron Man and Modern Black Widow/Storm depending on who's not dead right now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I played the arena until I got the heroic token..... Bag man :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
https://www.facebook.com/james.canton.35

Add me for rewards as well. Do I have to do anything on my facebook page? I just linked it via Marvel Puzzle Quest on my phone. Anybody getting anything decent from the recruitment tokens? I've only gotten one star Iron Man, Storm, and Hawkeye covers.