Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

jabro posted:

You do realize that if you either beat her to keep her out of the play-offs or actually beat her in the play-offs the way you got those burritettes will stop indefinitely?

I can't believe I missed this earlier, but an awesome zinger from the new guy. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Woo I squeak by with a win because the Vikings are so terrible they have ruined Adrian Peterson to the point that he got less points than Donald Brown this week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Did I seriously lose by .4 of a point? Arrrgh

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JetsGuy posted:

Gon' be hilarious when you lose round one of da playoffs. :smug:

THE PEPPERCORNS JUGGERNAUT CANNOT BE CONTAINED

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Did I seriously lose by .4 of a point? Arrrgh

ESPN corrections come through Wednesday usually≥..

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

ESPN corrections come through Wednesday usually≥..

Something came through last night. Now I'm winning barely. If it sticks, whoohoo!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

I just want to take the opportunity to point out that the worst team in the Bart Starr division currently has more Points For than 14 out of 15 other teams in the league.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

wasianchickn posted:

Woo I squeak by with a win because the Vikings are so terrible they have ruined Adrian Peterson to the point that he got less points than Donald Brown this week

And yet their amazing defense puts 21 points on the board to lead Dan Marino Punches Dolphin to a come-from-behind victory :negative:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tadashi posted:

And yet their amazing defense puts 21 points on the board to lead Dan Marino Punches Dolphin to a come-from-behind victory :negative:

It's Disney magic. While I'm fighting cranky kids, long lines, and outrageous prices, Tinkerbell sprinkled pixie dust on the Vikings D and the morning scorekeepers.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

tadashi posted:

You bring shame on your house, Breesus Christ.

SHAME.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I literally fist pumped this morning when my claim on Kellen Clemens went through. Can't wait for the 2 points he's going to get against the Seahawks.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
This is the week Tom Brady returns to form. Callin' it.

(you better do it mother fucker)

Also starting a guy named Mike James at RB. Quite a familiar sounding name for an absolute no-name.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

There was the like basketball guard Mike James on the Rockets/Timberwolves/Raptors, that's where I recognize it from.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm starting fuckin Daniel Thomas at RB

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
I'm starting Peyton Hillis. I am unfeeling.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
At least you have running backs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm starting fuckin Daniel Thomas at RB

As the Lamar Miller owner, you have nothing to complain about. :colbert:

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
This is the only league where I've had to make a serious decision about potentially dropping Josh Cribbs for Jeff Garcia because he reportedly wants to come back to the league to play for the Browns

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

seventeen posted:

This is the only league where I've had to make a serious decision about potentially dropping Josh Cribbs for Jeff Garcia because he reportedly wants to come back to the league to play for the Browns

If I had to guess, I'd bet that we're the only serious 20 team league across all of ESPN.

I'm sure others try every year, but I'd be willing to bet that none of them have a 5 season long funhouse of pain.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
One of the benefits of a 20 team league: knowledge of most teams RB depth chart helps immeasurably in big money leagues for stocking up the bench

halonx
May 4, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

If I had to guess, I'd bet that we're the only serious 20 team league across all of ESPN.

I'm sure others try every year, but I'd be willing to bet that none of them have a 5 season long funhouse of pain.

I think it is the only way to go. After doing a 20 team league, smaller ones seem like they're for sissies.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

My only regret is that I missed season 1.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

halonx posted:

I think it is the only way to go. After doing a 20 team league, smaller ones seem like they're for sissies.

My only worry about a smaller league is that I might confuse a useful player from this league with a useful player in other leagues.

Unrelated: I hate fantasy sports so much:

ESPN posted:

Afforded just three targets last week, [Timothy] Wright was unable to build on some mounting momentum, and is realistically off the fantasy radar given his limited role on a limited offense.

code:
Week    Opp    Rec      Yds     TD       PTS
8	Car	5	48	1	10.8

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 25, 2013

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I did a dumb thing.

Russel Wilson over Kap against the Jags in London. Kap has 28.7 with 8 minutes left in the first half.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm so glad I made the trade for Jason Campbell. Thank you, Peppercorns.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

I'm so glad I made the trade for Jason Campbell. Thank you, Peppercorns.

:tipshat: Hopefully Kenbrell Thompkins shows some sign of life, I need some flex depth~

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Daniel Thomas and Dexter McCluster, my pro waiver pickups this week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

:tipshat: Hopefully Kenbrell Thompkins shows some sign of life, I need some flex depth~

drat you Pecota, I thought you said we played the week Peyton was out. Come on Gio Bernard and Jarrett Boykin, please outscore Peyton (by more than 12)

I swear Lamar Miller, you are the rollercoasteriest of players.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Despite Jetsguy's cunning strategy of not adjusting his lineup and starting two players on bye, he is going to lose when Kellen Clemens blows up on MNF.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

drat you Pecota, I thought you said we played the week Peyton was out. Come on Gio Bernard and Jarrett Boykin, please outscore Peyton (by more than 12)

I swear Lamar Miller, you are the rollercoasteriest of players.

I thought I did too - luckily I get the week without Manning/Gore/Boldin against the smoldering remains of Juiced's team.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

I did a dumb thing.

Russel Wilson over Kap against the Jags in London. Kap has 28.7 with 8 minutes left in the first half.

GOOD

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
WHO THE gently caress IS MARVIN JONES
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I'm okay with losing to like big games by people who you expect could but this is the second week in a row that I'm (probably) going to lose because my opponent somehow knew to start some lovely player (first Roy Helu now Marvin loving Jones) who had never done anything before but someone has the game of their life against me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

I thought I did too - luckily I get the week without Manning/Gore/Boldin against the smoldering remains of Juiced's team.

I fully believe that free agent pickup Jarrett Boykin can score 46 points to win tonight.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Eltoasto posted:

Despite Jetsguy's cunning strategy of not adjusting his lineup and starting two players on bye, he is going to lose when Kellen Clemens blows up on MNF.

I *knew* I had forgotten to set one of my lineups! :argh:

Goddamnit. Curse you hangovers.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

bbf2 posted:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I'm okay with losing to like big games by people who you expect could but this is the second week in a row that I'm (probably) going to lose because my opponent somehow knew to start some lovely player (first Roy Helu now Marvin loving Jones) who had never done anything before but someone has the game of their life against me

This was his third game in a row with at least one TD reception. That's why I started him :)

halonx
May 4, 2005

I'm fairly sure that Greg Olsen knows when he is active versus benched for me. When on the bench he actually scores some points. When active, he is a useless turd who does dick.

Luckily I think I'll pull another win out of my rear end this week, getting me four wins in a row.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

commish posted:

This was his third game in a row with at least one TD reception. That's why I started him :)

I know but loving FOUR

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Russell Wilson, Jared Cook & Legatron (currently down 1.6) vs. Seahawks D/ST

Seahawks D is going to take this one.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

bbf2 posted:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

20_Team_League.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

In the market for a QB since both of mine decided to explode. Darren McFadden or Stevie Johnson are on the block, if the offer is decent. Otherwise I will just try to win without a QB, did it this week.

• Locked thread