Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I didn't see it as being racist, but that's probably because in my neck of the woods we are much more creative when talking about black people.

E: yeah, that's definitely the way I like start a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I didn't say any such thing. I said that perhaps Occupation was seeing things because he wanted to see them. Perhaps if you're so desperate to take a moral highground that you are making poo poo up you should sit the gently caress down?

And again you show your ignorance - "You're the real racist for noticing racism!" is a depressingly common argument in American racial discourse.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
And just like that, my reignited love affair with TVIV died a quick death.

Thanks.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Manos del Sino posted:

And just like that, my reignited love affair with TVIV died a quick death.

Thanks.

I apologise for taking part in this idiotic derail.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Why don't we just make an angry post on Tumblr and let it go

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
How about those transsexuals? Mmm. Haha.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How quickly we fall apart when we lose a common foe :(

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Occupation posted:

Canine comparisons are common insults to both women (bitches) and blacks (junkyard dogs). It's also a lovely thing to say in general but the terms are charged

lol please shut up, thanks

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

HUMAN FISH posted:

Why don't we just make an angry post on Tumblr and let it go

Because you're a dog face with a lizard beard and elephant ears, you bird brain. Oops, I just burned blacks, Mexicans, Atlantic islanders, and the Swiss!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Hey, guys, I have something TV related to say. I think I'm on the verge of an absolute full blown Farscape re-watch. Be on the lookout in the next week or so for a Farscape thread for us to talk about how awesome of a show Farscape is.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Hey, guys, I have something TV related to say. I think I'm on the verge of an absolute full blown Farscape re-watch. Be on the lookout in the next week or so for a Farscape thread for us to talk about how awesome of a show Farscape is.

Excellent! I've been watching through it for the first time on and off over the past few months, I'm at the end of season 4, now. So I am definitely on board for a Farscape thread.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really want to re-watch Farscape, but when I bought the blu-rays I had to send them back due to unbalanced discs threatening to explode in the player. Never got around to picking them up again.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rarity posted:

How quickly we fall apart when we lose a common foe :(

This poo poo happens all the time.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I've tried to start watching Farscape 3-4 times now, but I just can't do it. It just feels so cartoony and stupid.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

HUMAN FISH posted:

I've tried to start watching Farscape 3-4 times now, but I just can't do it. It just feels so cartoony and stupid.

You're cartoony and stupid, Farscape doesn't like it when you insult it like that.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Jingleheimer posted:

Maybe it's time for my third watch to start? And hell yes to everything you said.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

You're cartoony and stupid, Farscape doesn't like it when you insult it like that.

To be fair, that show does kind of relish being cartoony and stupid, sometimes.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Jingleheimer posted:

Fine. I'll just watch Lexx instead then :colbert:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah Farscape is a bit cartoony at times and if you don't like that then I can understand if it isn't for you. Personally I love it when it turns the cartoony up to 11 (or maybe just 10, that clip just posted was a bit much).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey deadpool I know you want to close all of that dudes old threads and the FRINGE thread is still around, yeah.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Jonathan Creek any good?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
A lot of people really love it. Never appealed to me though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Occupation posted:

Hey deadpool I know you want to close all of that dudes old threads and the FRINGE thread is still around, yeah.

Well you see, in Universe B he never...

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Speaking of reboots, CBS is thinking about one of Charmed

http://www.vulture.com/2013/10/reboot-of-charmed-is-in-the-works-at-cbs.html?mid=twitter_vulture

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

So witches are the new zombies?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zombies remain the new zombies, witches are the new vampires, which are now the old wolfmen, who in turn will soon be the new witches.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I'm telling ya, sexy mummies are right around the corner.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013

OldSenileGuy posted:

the new Frankenstein is kinda like a sexy mummy.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
What happened to angels? I thought angels were the new vampires, but I guess the new vampires are zombies.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

OldSenileGuy posted:

I will not rest until we have a CW teen romantic drama set in the Black Lagoon.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

OldSenileGuy posted:

Sexy mummies eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9SKnMHRbiw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ufarn posted:

What happened to angels? I thought angels were the new vampires, but I guess the new vampires are zombies.

Angels aren't edgy anymore. Criss Angel ruined it for everyone.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

precision posted:

Plus the last Charlies Angels bombed. CBS must have seen the Lifetime witch show and thought why not.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
I've learned many things from Supernatural, among them being this important lesson:

Angels are assbutts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The question is, will they be Witches or Sexy Witches? I've only seen a couple episodes of Charmed, but for a show with Rose McGowan vamping it up it didn't seem like a Sexy Witches Show, more like Sex In The City (With Witches).

Hey, how come True Blood has never had Rose McGowan on it?! That's truly baffling.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Best thing about Charmed was the death animations.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
Also speaking of reboots, John Ridley, who wrote - among other things - the screenplay for 12 Years a Slave and Undercover Brother, is doing American Crime on ABC. Per the AV Club: "American Crime, which the longtime TV veteran will write and executive produce, will focus on a racially motivated murder in California’s Central Valley and the lives affected by it, almost certainly for the worse."

If this turns out to be Twin Peaks + Critical Race Theory, I am so down.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

precision posted:

Criss Angel is a Douchebag.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

precision posted:

The question is, will they be Witches or Sexy Witches? I've only seen a couple episodes of Charmed, but for a show with Rose McGowan vamping it up it didn't seem like a Sexy Witches Show, more like Sex In The City (With Witches).

Hey, how come True Blood has never had Rose McGowan on it?! That's truly baffling.

They made Alyssa Milano do all those scenes in the earlier episodes, then as it went on the actresses got more and more creative control and started nixing that stuff.

Then they got Kaley Cuoco and made her do that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm pleasantly surprised how fast the plot is moving in Reign, as well as how intelligent the lead characters are.

• Locked thread