Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Also the factions are basically /r/atheism in country form that will not, EVER, pass up an opportunity to put ":smuggo:religious sheeple" in a quest text and a the other is fundamentalist cult of not-christianity with a "cleanse with fire first, pray for their souls later" stance on everything but themselves.

Pick Defiants because Meridian is a far more functional city than Sanctum and it's big, stupid cathedral with only one exit. For WoW comparisons, Meridian looks a lot like Stormwind with everything important being laid out in a semi circle from the entrance and more niche NPC's in neatly categorized wings further back and Sanctum is the Undercity with everything strewn around randomly except with 3/4 of the doors between the inner and outer ring closed off. I have a Guardian now and am considering a faction change just because their city pisses me off so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Not that you even use the home city much once you hit 50, since there's a shared city with everything you need at that point.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

DemonMage posted:

Not that you even use the home city much once you hit 50, since there's a shared city with everything you need at that point.

As long as you remember to get the ark port you can use tempest bay from level <insert level you get to Freemarch/Terminus> if you get someone to help you there. TB is pretty well organized but it requires a mount to travel efficiently.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I know that the guild is cross-faction but what about dungeons and stuff? I don't want to pick the wrong faction and just be alone or whatever.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Everything PVE related is cross faction and cross shard.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
To re-iterate from last night, I was NOT trying to sound like an rear end in a top hat last night. I always take Vandee's suggestions to heart and will be trying it next time we run Salvarola, I should have just /w him instead of loving up mumble chat. I'm sorry for being a gigantic spergy baby :(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

To re-iterate from last night, I was NOT trying to sound like an rear end in a top hat last night. I always take Vandee's suggestions to heart and will be trying it next time we run Salvarola, I should have just /w him instead of loving up mumble chat. I'm sorry for being a gigantic spergy baby :(

Is it hug time?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Zoness posted:

Is it hug time?

You aren't invited.

I'll hug you :3:

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

:siren:Hotfix Patch!:siren:

"RIFT 2.4: Hotfix #8 10/25/13

RIFT STORE
* New Raid Rings are available in the RIFT Store for both Empyreal Slayers Marks and Credits.
* Exceptionally Pumpkin Dye is now available under the World Event category!
* Swimsuits are now under the Premium category in the store so that they're easier to find.
* The new lockbox, Regulos's Trove, is available between now and November 1st! Open it for a chance at the black squirrel mount or Tier 1 raid accessories!

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
* Breaker X-1
- The fight no longer hangs if the Breaker's main target uses a portal during the Breakdown phases.
* Planebreaker Abominus
- The platforms of the Overseer Council will more reliably teleport players to the current active platform if they resurrect upon them.
- Graviton Bomb: No longer kills pets or damages adds.
- Obliteration Cannon: No longer channeled shortly after a Graviton Bomb has been activated.
- Nutronic Blast: Now fires more randomly at targets, and no longer does critical damage.
- Dire Reckoning: Now begins to cast after 2 of the resurrected Overseer Council members have been slain."

So trip report: The new T1 quality raid rings cost 9000 expert marks or over 3k credits yet the autumnfest rings are a few event bullshit tokens or around 1k credits. The squirrel mounts look adorable, but I can't justify the price. The regulos boxes have some amazing items if you're looking to gear up an alt but 630 credits for random BOP accessory is a pretty big gamble...

Murvin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 25, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Murvin posted:

:siren:Hotfix Patch!:siren:

"RIFT 2.4: Hotfix #8 10/25/13

RIFT STORE
* New Raid Rings are available in the RIFT Store for both Empyreal Slayers Marks and Credits.
* Exceptionally Pumpkin Dye is now available under the World Event category!
* Swimsuits are now under the Premium category in the store so that they're easier to find.
* The new lockbox, Regulos's Trove, is available between now and November 1st! Open it for a chance at the black squirrel mount or Tier 1 raid accessories!

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
* Breaker X-1
- The fight no longer hangs if the Breaker's main target uses a portal during the Breakdown phases.
* Planebreaker Abominus
- The platforms of the Overseer Council will more reliably teleport players to the current active platform if they resurrect upon them.
- Graviton Bomb: No longer kills pets or damages adds.
- Obliteration Cannon: No longer channeled shortly after a Graviton Bomb has been activated.
- Nutronic Blast: Now fires more randomly at targets, and no longer does critical damage.
- Dire Reckoning: Now begins to cast after 2 of the resurrected Overseer Council members have been slain."

none of the new rings have critpower on them :/

e: relic upgrade parts and trinkets from rng boxes, gently caress off trion

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
...wait, this is made by the guys that made Defiance?

I loved that game. Pity it kind of sucked. Oh well, at least I have an account already.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

relic upgrade parts and trinkets from rng boxes, gently caress off trion

They are all T1 though.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Get a squirrel, become the darling of Tempest Bay.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Get a squirrel, become the darling of Tempest Bay.

What happened to your head?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

I have a missing head on.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Is anyone going to take part in the Q&A with Hartsman today on mmorpg.org?

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/28888/General-Live-Forum-QA-with-Trion-CEO-Scott-Hartsman-TOMORROW.html

It is very interesting that all of a sudden there are 2 Q&A's on the same day. Seems a lot of people need some questions answered about the state of the game

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Machai posted:

They are all T1 though.

they're also end boss drops which is kind of lovely

it just sucks to be halfway through t2 and see items from bosses youve had on farm for months that didnt drop because of absurd loot tables/loot rng in cash crates

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

they're also end boss drops which is kind of lovely

it just sucks to be halfway through t2 and see items from bosses youve had on farm for months that didnt drop because of absurd loot tables/loot rng in cash crates

While we're crying about it let's talk about how many months you've had that on farm for :allears:.

GOD TRION WHY WONT YOU GIVE ME A TANK TRINKET.

chirp chirp

also who cares it's t1 stuff, just because people can be decked out in orange doesn't mean you can't still be smug about dodging (or failing to dodge) blizzards

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 25, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

While we're crying about it let's talk about how many months you've had that on farm for :allears:.

GOD TRION WHY WONT YOU GIVE ME A TANK TRINKET.

chirp chirp

also who cares it's t1 stuff, just because people can be decked out in orange doesn't mean you can't still be smug about dodging (or failing to dodge) blizzards

nobody can be smug about that anymore

praise blizzgo

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

DemonMage posted:

I use Meridian anyway for everything but crafting dailies because it doesn't tank my framerate, I don't have to maneuver my mouse around a mob of people to click the auctioneer, and the portal is closer.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

Does it really matter though? It's still a super lovely thing to do.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Does it really matter though? It's still a super lovely thing to do.

I dunno, I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to be able to purchase upgrade tokens considering how long it took me to get all of mine. Nor are they huge upgrades except for tanks.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 25, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Wanting to purchase them is fine; if I could purchase drops with ESM/Credits as long you have the kill achievement I'd be all over it. Putting them in RNG boxes is just stupid.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

I dunno, I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to be able to purchase upgrade tokens considering how long it took me to get all of mine. Nor are they huge upgrades except for tanks.

Welp, there go my credit reserves.

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
Horsetouch chiming in for an invite on Deepwood.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Welp, there go my credit reserves.

Not even that big of upgrades for tanks I'd assume but I only said the exception because I know next to nothing about tanking.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Not even that big of upgrades for tanks I'd assume but I only said the exception because I know next to nothing about tanking.

They are minor upgrades to individual pieces but overall mitigation goes up a not insignificant amount due to the cummulative Armor/End bumps.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

The droprate is pathetically low. Don't bother unless you're literally Scrooge McDuck.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

They are minor upgrades to individual pieces but overall mitigation goes up a not insignificant amount due to the cummulative Armor/End bumps.

Fair enough.

I think Hard Mode Zaviel should be doable and it'll give you an extra upgrade token per week! (If you're not already doing it). It's also a lot more fun than the normal fight.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Fair enough.

I think Hard Mode Zaviel should be doable and it'll give you an extra upgrade token per week! (If you're not already doing it). It's also a lot more fun than the normal fight.

for tanks you should only go for 3 pieces upgraded (helm/shoulders/chest) if you have GA on farm because t2 has higher armor

though the last 2 weeks we've killed proteus all we got were cleric shoulders so i might as well buy the warrior ones tonight because ~ * gently caress clerics * ~

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

for tanks you should only go for 3 pieces upgraded (helm/shoulders/chest) if you have GA on farm because t2 has higher armor

though the last 2 weeks we've killed proteus all we got were cleric shoulders so i might as well buy the warrior ones tonight because ~ * gently caress clerics * ~

I've only seen like 2 cleric tank pieces drop ever and I've missed like 4 weeks of GA farm from launch so anecdotally that's not super-reliable.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

I've only seen like 2 cleric tank pieces drop ever and I've missed like 4 weeks of GA farm from launch so anecdotally that's not super-reliable.

I think we've seen 3 cleric tank gloves. :shepface:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Watching the stream archive from today. Looks like Drowned Halls will be revamped and made a tier 1 sliver with 2.5, which is right around the corner.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Another T1 sliver? That seems counter productive and a waste of resources at this point.

Murvin fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 26, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Murvin posted:

Another T1 sliver? That seems counter productive and a waste of resources at this point.

Not a terrible descriptor of Drowned Halls in the first place.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

OneEightHundred posted:

The setting is really bland. The art style is :words:

I disagree!

One of my hobbies that I enjoy ingame is going random places and finding a nice place to take a screenshot of the scenery.

Take a look at my steam rift screenshot wall, there's a lot of neat stuff to look at in rift. It's just harder to see if you only angle the camera down at your character/enemies all the time.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/huffadopolis/screenshots/?appid=39120&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Murvin posted:

a lot of t1 guilds are having trouble getting a full roster of 20 so i would say this would be helpful in pushing them into GA (the first 2 bosses are fairly easy anyway)

i wouldn't be against nerfing all of GA for an even harder 2nd t2 10man, facilitating 10man-only raiding

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Plus now we get to yell at people again for standing in the water rings GET OUT OF THE RINGS I NEED MY CHEEV.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

i wouldn't be against nerfing all of GA for an even harder 2nd t2 10man, facilitating 10man-only raiding
I don't think this could happen just due to the 10man loot tables. There are no weapons which means you have to get one from the store for a crazy number of raid tokens and they will most likely only be available for the previous tier. There are other pieces as well that do not drop in 10mans. 10man guilds would rely a lot on buying token gear to fill in the holes in loot tables which could make progression take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Finally got a chance to play and holy poo poo it's overwhelming. There are so many things right away. What's this skill screen nonsense?

Is there like a chart or something that compares playstyles with these classes and wow? That might make picking my class thingy easier.

• Locked thread