Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

The Schwa posted:

I got a card from Party Hat ! Posting pictures from my phone is hard though :saddowns: I sent one to you already so it should be on the way, but it is only a postcard so I will send a proper reply to this one. With stickers!

Yay! I was so excited to send you that sticker. I look forward to receiving your goon mail. :3:

And oh god i can't wait until the Christmas goon mail starts. It's seriously the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I got a wonderful card and goodies from Lamb yesterday! I think I'll bring the spider and web into the office to decorate my cubicle.......

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes! Lamb must really have a lot of spare cash for postage, but wow, she sure sends awesome mail.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I got mail from Mysa09 and DLAO!

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
I got some awesome Halloween surprises from Lamb and Lady Flash! Wow so cool: Retro postcards, Munster Munny, treats, tricks, the works! This made my day, thank you!!

I sent out some Spooky letters today to some people, they should get there just in time for Halloween!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
I've recived Halloween mail from Lamb, Brotato and mysa09. Pop Rocks and a Mummy eraser were some of the highlights. I hadn't had Pop Rocks in years (maybe decades?) so that was a trip. Also mysa the necklace broke :( both the string and some of the wooden beads. Thanks everyone!

mysa09
May 28, 2010

lady flash posted:

I've recived Halloween mail from Lamb, Brotato and mysa09. Pop Rocks and a Mummy eraser were some of the highlights. I hadn't had Pop Rocks in years (maybe decades?) so that was a trip. Also mysa the necklace broke :( both the string and some of the wooden beads. Thanks everyone!

Oh no! :-( that was from my mom. I hope that doesn't happen with all the ones she sent. I know she sent a few plastic ones and they did Ok (I think :ohdear: )

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

I got mail from Mysa09 and DLAO!

HAH! I DID mail it off! Whew!

I also got Goonmail today from Lady Flash and Rhonda C ! Considering how awful of a week it's been (or few weeks) THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the GOON LOVE. :h:

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I got mail from lamb and Brotato, thanks goons! Replies coming out soon :)

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I got mail from lamb! Thank you for all the halloween goodies!

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Nothing to see here. Got what I needed. :glomp:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 28, 2013

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Amarie posted:

Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes! Lamb must really have a lot of spare cash for postage, but wow, she sure sends awesome mail.

Some people spend their spare cash on meth, for me it's stamps :)

I'm glad everyone's getting their mail! I got a disturbing postcard from the genesplicers, as well as missives from lady flash, 13pandora13, mysa09 and mom, and thepitgoddess. Thanks everyone!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Mail goons win!! :dance: I was having a hell of a week prepping students for their next test tomorrow and getting ready for my test this week, but lamb, mysa, ladyflash, jimmy da fish, and I *think* mysa's mom rocked my socks off and lifted my spirits!! In addition, I received a scary postcard from the genesplicers last week!! :D Thanks, all!

...can I repay everyone in straight up letters? :ohdear: I haven't had time to grab any Halloween fun mail, and I'm doubting I'll have time before Halloween with all the testing this week... :( OR if people are okay with seriously late Halloween mail, that's always an option. :)

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Niemat posted:

Mail goons win!! :dance: I was having a hell of a week prepping students for their next test tomorrow and getting ready for my test this week, but lamb, mysa, ladyflash, jimmy da fish, and I *think* mysa's mom rocked my socks off and lifted my spirits!! In addition, I received a scary postcard from the genesplicers last week!! :D Thanks, all!

Did you get my really late birthday card?!?! :toot:

If the letter was from Rhonda and full of awesomeness then yup. It was from my mom. :neckbeard: Maybe I should just buy her an account on here. :ssh:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 27, 2013

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

...can I repay everyone in straight up letters? :ohdear: I haven't had time to grab any Halloween fun mail, and I'm doubting I'll have time before Halloween with all the testing this week... :( OR if people are okay with seriously late Halloween mail, that's always an option. :)

I love letters! They give me an excuse to actually use the stationery I've accumulated when I write back.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
lamb sent me some Halloween goonmail! Whoa! I'd almost forgotten about this thread. Glad to see it's still going!

I'm a poor student now (yay, finally got into college!) so I can't afford to share the goonlove for a while, but thank you very, very much for thinking of me. Halloween and Christmas are my favourite holidays, so this is an awesome (and perfectly timed) surprise.

Happy goonlove to you all!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you lamb for your Halloween mail! I got it last week I think. I haven't forgotten about this thread and I check it regularly but um, life has been happening so I won't be able to participate for the foreseeable future. Also, quite some time ago I got a wonderful letter from (I -think-) Kafka's Goldfish and I feel really terrible for not acknowledging it at least in this thread, if not by actual reply. I'm sorry KG! I haven't given up on sending mail yet, but I have no clue when I'll be able to again. Keep on keepin' on, folks. It makes me happy that the snail mail is still happening. :kimchi:

Happy halloween!!

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 29, 2013

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
I finally got to take pics with a camera again and here are some of the cards I got from Lamb, Lady Flash, and Frenchnewwave, since I was a dingus and didn't have a camera last time. Thanks guys, you rock! Definitely a good Halloween. I'm going to try to get some postcards to draw and send some out this weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/Vpi7jnh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AwioOj2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3przFAM.jpg

brotato
May 14, 2013
Glad to hear my cards are finally making it to their correct destinations!

Big thanks to lamb, lady flash, mysa09, and mysa09's mother! Y'all have certainly brightened my October. I attached a photo of all the Halloween goodies I've received lately and then some.

Also, finally bought another book of stamps. Time to start preparing for winter mail.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I've been slacking! No, just busy. Trying to get my website and business to launch. Hooray!

That said, I got mail from Lady Flash, mizufusion, the genesplicers, Lamb, DLAO, jimmydafish, frenchnewwave, Rhonda, pandora... and I have mail going out to everyone!

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
http://i.imgur.com/aTkufYK.jpg

Got a great card with goodies from Rhonda C., thank you very much :)

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Aw man.

I was having the shittiest day, my report from the Neuropsych on my adult ADHD assessment ended up costing $660 which i didnt have and then the cops pulled me over on the way to work and told me my car was unregistered, I'd forgotten to pay the rego at the start of the month, $285 fine but i keep my license. So i had to drive home and found i've lost the key to my gf's car somewhere. So i had to ride my motorbike when there was thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon. Then the assholes at work were painful and the tests wouldnt work and my hip is hurting again and it was all so e/n lovely.

Then i get home and find i have goonmail from Lamb.

Awww

Whats the thing next to the jack-o lantern?

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Probably a bit late for the train but am always keen for goon exchanges!

Brinner
179 Warwick Street
West Hobart
Tasmania
Australia

I'll keep an eye out for people to post something back too! Tasmania has some cool niche stuff.

Vii
Oct 5, 2013

Happy little accidents
I'm not sure if I'm late or not, but count me in. This sounds like all sorts of interesting. I'm poor as hell, but I'll try to send something atleast.

Vii
Ollinkehä 8B 30
92120 Raahe
Finland

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Kommando posted:

Whats the thing next to the jack-o lantern?

You don't have candy corn in Australia?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

lamb posted:

You don't have candy corn in Australia?

Must be an American thing.

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has had to pay postage due on anything they've received from me or my mom. (If you have, please tell me. I'll love to make it up to you.) I found out our postmaster had been holding letters from Brotato since the 16th because 1 had a teabag and the other had an eraser. I had always figured as long as it was under 1 ounce and relatively flat it would mail for just a regular stamp. :(

Also just a reminder, please use our last names on stuff. The postmaster is extremely strict about there not being a last name on the letters we receive.

Thanks for the awesome pokemon drawing Brotato! ::3:

brotato
May 14, 2013

mysa09 posted:

I was wondering if anyone has had to pay postage due on anything they've received from me or my mom. (If you have, please tell me. I'll love to make it up to you.) I found out our postmaster had been holding letters from Brotato since the 16th because 1 had a teabag and the other had an eraser. I had always figured as long as it was under 1 ounce and relatively flat it would mail for just a regular stamp. :(

Also just a reminder, please use our last names on stuff. The postmaster is extremely strict about there not being a last name on the letters we receive.

Thanks for the awesome pokemon drawing Brotato! ::3:

What, no! Did you have to pay extra for postage due to my hella lumpy mail? I guess that means I need to start adding more stamps. I was always under the impression as long as it fits in a normal-size envelope, all you need is a regular stamp.

mysa09
May 28, 2010

brotato posted:

What, no! Did you have to pay extra for postage due to my hella lumpy mail? I guess that means I need to start adding more stamps. I was always under the impression as long as it fits in a normal-size envelope, all you need is a regular stamp.

Me too! :(
I had to pay 60 cents for 3 envelopes so not a big deal. I bought some 20 cent stamps I'm just going to slap on everything I send from now on just in case.

Edit- It wasn't even really lumpy. I don't really think an eraser is lumpy, and certainly not a tea bag. :iiam:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 30, 2013

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

mysa09 posted:

Me too! :(
I had to pay 60 cents for 3 envelopes so not a big deal. I bought some 20 cent stamps I'm just going to slap on everything I send from now on just in case.

I've never had a problem sending or receiving lumpy mail! It sounds to me like your postal guy/entire post office in your area are grumpy gusses :(.

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
So sad! A bunch of Halloween letters I sent out got returned today because I tried to put vampire fangs in them. :drac: :witch:

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013
Hey everyone! Finally got an account of my own. YAY! :woop: Anyway...I'd love to hear from all of you.

Rhonda Cahill
P.O. Box 509
Owensville, Ohio

Oh yeah, this is Mysa's mom. :newlol:

Birthday April 23

Stuffins fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 7, 2013

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Stuffins posted:

Hey everyone! Finally got an account of my own. YAY! :woop: Anyway...I'd love to hear from all of you.

Rhonda Cahill
P.O. Box 509
Owensville, Ohio

Welcome!

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013

lamb posted:

Welcome!

Thank you so much.Lamb Also, thanks for the card you sent. It was really nice of you to do that. Much appreciated!:dance::)

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

brotato posted:

It depends, I guess. I sent out a bunch of lumpy cards about 6 months ago. All with regular postage. All but one made it to the goons in question. One came back with a rubber stamped note telling me it would cost me $1.20 to mail that one. Funny part is, all the rest of them went to other states, the one that bounced was being sent less than 100 miles away, in the same state...

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Stuffins posted:

Rhonda Cahill
P.O. Box 509
Owensville, Ohio

Hi Mysa's mom! I owe you a letter. I am in DC this weekend so maybe I will find something cool, otherwise it'll be stick figure drawings.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

genesplicer posted:

It depends, I guess. I sent out a bunch of lumpy cards about 6 months ago. All with regular postage. All but one made it to the goons in question. One came back with a rubber stamped note telling me it would cost me $1.20 to mail that one. Funny part is, all the rest of them went to other states, the one that bounced was being sent less than 100 miles away, in the same state...

I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of a judgement call of whoever processes it on either end. Either all the ones that were delivered got overlooked, or the one that didn't was handled by someone who would rather deny it's lumpiness than actually weigh it.

Also, I have a feeling this thread is going to be buried now, so there will be less new goons to mail. :(

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

We should start a new one in Creative Convention or something. I don't know.

mysa09
May 28, 2010

party hat posted:

Also, I have a feeling this thread is going to be buried now, so there will be less new goons to mail. :(
Did I miss something? :ohdear:

Edit-im assuming your talking about the new rules of not posting personal information? :(

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Oh, I didn't even think about that :ohdear:. I just meant that now GBS is a free for all, the thread keeps getting buried.