Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Der Kyhe posted:

Just some hearsay from various sources, similar with things like swearing like a sailor with Tourette's or other crude gestures to ensure that the censors/publicists will break their arm mashing the delete/do not broadcast-button.

Oldpost quotin' here, but 30 Days Of Night director David Slade does this because apparently the English press prefers not to publish photos of people flipping the UK bird and he doesn't like to see himself in pictures.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Please explain the "UK Finger." All I see is a guy giving the peace sign or victory sign depending what time you come from.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

How do you people count without pissing someone off?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

BaconAndBullets posted:

Please explain the "UK Finger." All I see is a guy giving the peace sign or victory sign depending what time you come from.

no, that's when it's the other way around: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#V_sign_as_an_insult

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
A whole nation of people down to eat pussy. And they say the french are the romantics of europe.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Pfffffffffft posted:

How do you people count without pissing someone off?
Start with the thumb or pinky, depending on the nationality.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Victory:

Up yours:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

What's the first thing you ask a really tall person?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

particle409 posted:

Followed by "How tall are your parents"
and
"Do you play basketball"

A friend of a friend who was over 6'8" used to have a T-shirt that said "No, do you play miniature golf?" You just point to it when asked the question.

HonkyDong
Sep 9, 2012

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RagingTaco
Oct 21, 2008

No thanks, I don't like eggs.
What?
Eggs are your favorite!
Okay, then give me lots of eggs.

:nws:balls in the air:nws:

particle409 posted:

Can short/medium people please stop? Can this just stop being a thing?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

RagingTaco posted:

We can't help it, it surprises us. We're used to looking up, but not that far up.

You call all the talls and I'll call all the shorts, we'll have a meeting and see if we can get some kind of truce going. We're not really big fans of "WOW YOUR SO SHORT drat HOW DO DO A THING" anymore than you are of the tall-person version.

Or we could attack the mediums.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

particle409 posted:

How big is your dick?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fabulist posted:

We can't help it, it surprises us. We're used to looking up, but not that far up.

You call all the talls and I'll call all the shorts, we'll have a meeting and see if we can get some kind of truce going. We're not really big fans of "WOW YOUR SO SHORT drat HOW DO DO A THING" anymore than you are of the tall-person version.

We prefer "normals"

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

death .cab for qt posted:

We prefer "normals"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fabulist posted:

kill heighty

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

particle409 posted:

How's the weather up there? I thought the hat said sunny, __° but it's some kind of bobble.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

I just want to say, I hope this dog's name is George.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

particle409 posted:

Even better, 95% of the world still wouldn't know how tall he is because nobody uses that measurement system anymore.

Goddamn hipsters :argh:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

particle409 posted:

I need a shirt that says "Wow, you're observant" that I can point at when some random knob comes up and says "Wow, you're tall!"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kanfy posted:

Even better, 95% of the world still wouldn't know how tall he is because nobody uses that measurement system anymore.
Well, since he's likely American, I guess he'll have to settle for literally every person he's likely to meet every single day of his life. :(

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

theflyingorc posted:

Well, since he's likely American, I guess he'll have to settle for literally every person he's likely to meet every single day of his life. :(

Is it better to be pestered by the "Wow, how tall are you?" crowd, or the "Did you ever hear about the metric system? :smug:" coven?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Not as good as dog-getting-hit-by-frisbee.jpg.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Crasscrab posted:

Not as good as dog-getting-hit-by-frisbee.jpg.
God I love that picture.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Edminster posted:

God I love that picture.

One of the best pictures I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few pictures.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

RagingTaco posted:

This isn't a "short / medium people" thing, it's a "tremendously dull and boring people" thing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Seriously though, you americans should probably start doing the whole metric thing, just sayin'

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

No one in the US loving cares that everyone else uses metric, so please shut the gently caress up about it now?

bradzilla has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Oct 26, 2013

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar
Meet Mr. Balls.

http://i.imgur.com/bzA5gPo.jpg

Probably :nws: unless you're a testicle worker.

(story here: http://digitaldeconstruction.com/meet-balls-disturbing-testicular-cancer-mascot/ )

We really need one of those crying flag emoticons for Brazil.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Zzulu posted:

Seriously though, you americans should probably start doing the whole metric thing, just sayin'

For what it's worth, the UK almost exclusively uses imperial for heights.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Edminster posted:

God I love that picture.

I will always prefer

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Dudley posted:

We do the same in Canada, for personal height and weight at least. Everything else is in metric though.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Dudley posted:

...and miles per hour for speed! Yeah, I mean, sure the US uses imperial units, but at least we use them consistently.

[disclaimer: the entirety of my knowledge of the UK comes from Top Gear, Monty Python and The IT Crowd]

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
The USA almost exclusively uses metric for liquor and wine. That's progress, right?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The USA almost exclusively uses metric for liquor and wine. That's progress, right?

Well at least you're using it for the important things in life.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Dudley posted:

And stone for weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I've never known even the :freep: est of my relatives to get mad about lightbulbs being labeled in watts instead of fractions of a horsepower, either. Could be because no other electricity-related thing has an imperial unit at all.

• Locked thread