Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

RatHat posted:

Huh, never thought of this before. Actuators don't destroy the grass?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
So I've murdered the destroyer after getting to hardmode, but for some reason I cant find a loving Plantera bulb. My jungle takes up around 50% of the map (small world) and I've run around it for hours and have yet to see a bulb. Any reason It wouldn't spawn?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I had the same problem when trying to fight Plantera on a new world I made. Maybe it only spawns one bulb per boss?

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Killed at least 10 pumpkings... not a single piece of their loot. Is there something I need to do to make them actually drop something other than hearts?

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

So I've murdered the destroyer after getting to hardmode, but for some reason I cant find a loving Plantera bulb. My jungle takes up around 50% of the map (small world) and I've run around it for hours and have yet to see a bulb. Any reason It wouldn't spawn?

They spawn pretty much anywhere there is spawnable space as long as it's considered an underground jungle still, so it can spawn in a tiny little hole deep in the mud that you can only accidentally stumble on. The plus side to this is a bulb spawns every time you kill a hardmode boss, so you can kill a handful of them and have an easier time finding a bulb.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

archangelwar posted:

Killed at least 10 pumpkings... not a single piece of their loot. Is there something I need to do to make them actually drop something other than hearts?

Nothing special. Sometimes they drop stuff, mostly they don't.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The bulb glows gently, so you'll be able to see it if it's anywhere on your screen. Best to just kill more bosses so you're not just searching for a needle in a haystack.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Zurai posted:

I got 6 Magnet Spheres and a bone feather before my first Armor Polish. Of course, then I proceeded to get about 8 more Armor Polishes before I got the ectoplasm I needed, and I have yet to see a wisp in a bottle despite having found about 10 magnet spheres, 10 or more armor polishes, two bone feathers, and a keybrand.

That's usually how it goes in this game. I've been trying to get a ninja Tabi so I can make that ninja accessory thing. So far I've gotten 7 black belts, which have the same drop rate as the Tabi. I've also gotten not just one or two, but 3 paladin hammers on the side. Still not a single Tabi.

Edit: Make that 4 hammers.

Edit 2: I managed to beat the pumpkin moon event and it feels really satisfying, holy poo poo.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 26, 2013

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Thanks for the help everyone, I actually found it like, two feet from my hellivator while on my way to get a hellforge :frog:(don't you dare mention how hosed my progression is)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Thanks for the help everyone, I actually found it like, two feet from my hellivator while on my way to get a hellforge :frog:(don't you dare mention how hosed my progression is)
Your progression is hosed.

But Frost Armor and Shroom Spear don't take forges!

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Vampire knives really is godmode. The game isn't even a challenge with those +chlorophyte armour.

PS. Grim Reaper costume is the best.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Bad news. Ravens and Pygmies are mutually exclusive, like Shadow Orb/Pixie/Wisp. You might be able to use both if you've got the Tiki/Sppoky set, but otherwise you can have one or the other.

So I managed to get pretty far in the pumpkin moon event, killed like 10 Pumpkings but got no drops from it. Got a couple Spooky Hooks which are basically the lovechild of an Ivy Whip and a Dual Hook, plus a Necro Scroll (Herc Beetle by another name) and a Haunted Sapling (pet summon). Actually three of the latter, but I sold two so I can't give them to random Goons, sorry. Now I just want a Spooky Twig so I can get Spooky Wings.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Black kitty is the best pet. Oh god :kimchi:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Office Thug posted:

Black kitty is the best pet. Oh god :kimchi:

I don't know man, I'm kind of loving my pumpkin friend. I actually said aloud "oh, hi pumpkin friend!" when I found him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know what the drop rate for molds is? Seems a lot higher than the keys but the wiki says otherwise.

EDIT: Also anyone have a crimson key/mold/Vampire daggers they'd give/trade to me? Don't want to download TShock just for one item.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 26, 2013

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Does the necromantic scroll stack with the pygmy necklace?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a list of the halloween costumes that you can get somewhere? I've got the Alien, creeper, & vampire costumes and I just want more :3: Also I want that spider pet.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is there a list of the halloween costumes that you can get somewhere? I've got the Alien, creeper, & vampire costumes and I just want more :3: Also I want that spider pet.

Yep, right here. New stuff is at the bottom.

bij fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 26, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

padijun posted:

Does the necromantic scroll stack with the pygmy necklace?

Yep.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So uh, I assume this isn't supposed to happen?

Friend and I challenge the Pumpkin Moon. We get about 8 or 9 waves in. We've killed 4 or 5 pumpkins and what feels like a dozen or more mourning woods. Sun rises and we gather our loot.
The next night, "Hey, why is that music playing again?".
We run to the battlefield as enemies start to pour in, evidently picking up where we left off. We fight 3 pumpkings at a time and live to tell the tale. We make it to the final wave and poo poo gets crazy. Just as the worst of it comes, the night ends.
We spend the entire day regrouping, restocking on mana, bullets, sorting out new wild equipment, etc. We're at the arena and ready when night falls again. And good god, what fresh hell awaits us?

6 loving Pumpkings. At once. And at least as many Mourning Woods on top of that. We kill them like mad. We die and rush back at top speed. It's a bloodbath. Even with our crazy new toys we can barely keep up. We fight literally the ENTIRE NIGHT, wondering when it will end. But it doesn't.
Every night, hell comes to earth.

So I think my game is bugged.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
6 pumpkings at once is supposed to happen but the moon should only happen when you use the item. Was your friend using it without you knowing?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
So I just started playing this and I'm kind of stumped as to what to do next. So far I've got cole, the merchant, nurse, bombmaker and painter. I've been exploring really deep into tunnels but I'm not finding anything consequence. The one thing I did find which looked like some kind of red thing with a big boil on the side, I couldn't even interact with. And I couldn't find it on the wiki. So what should I be doing next?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It is? Even with 6+ mourning woods, too? Did Red playtest this at all?
And no, no one was using the moon pendant, I'm sure of it. Even if someone was I don't think it's supposed to pick up at wave 9 or whatever, right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, it should start over. And yes the moon event is ridiculous.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Even a single mourning wood kicks my rear end, I got to about wave 7 and 2 or 3 showed up at once and I was basically going die-spawn-die-spawn-die-spawn from all their projectiles.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
Just a note, the Spooky Wings have the same max height as the unattainable (legitimately, at least) Steampunk Wings.

Also, I was futzing with my TShock server and some friends and apparently now every night is PUMPKIN WAVE 15 after executing /pumpkin once. That did not go well with our increased maxspawns, resulting in a mess with 10+ Mourning Wood and 15+ PumpKings on screen at any given time. Also, death. Lots and lots of death.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
A meat grinder and a bone wand both dropped within an hour of each other, so now I have a place to put my costumes:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

-Blackadder- posted:

So I just started playing this and I'm kind of stumped as to what to do next. So far I've got cole, the merchant, nurse, bombmaker and painter. I've been exploring really deep into tunnels but I'm not finding anything consequence. The one thing I did find which looked like some kind of red thing with a big boil on the side, I couldn't even interact with. And I couldn't find it on the wiki. So what should I be doing next?

Collect some lenses from the demon eyes floating around at night, then bring them to the red thing. You can make an item that will summon a boss. Preferrably you should have silver/ tungsten armor or better to fight it with, and some shurikens or a bow/boomerang. The boss drops ore you can use to make better weapons.

Afterwards (or you can just skip the first bit) you should explore the surface until you find the crimson biome. You should see creepy hearts in walled-off chambers, you can either bomb your way to them or buy purifying powder from the NPC that moves in after you defeat a boss. You can smash the hearts for treasure, but be aware that every third one you smash summons a boss. The boss drops material that you can make into armor, which is better than the stuff you can dig out of the ground.

After that, you'e probably ready for the dungeon or the jungle, so you can go looking for them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

shymog posted:

Also, I was futzing with my TShock server and some friends and apparently now every night is PUMPKIN WAVE 15 after executing /pumpkin once. That did not go well with our increased maxspawns, resulting in a mess with 10+ Mourning Wood and 15+ PumpKings on screen at any given time. Also, death. Lots and lots of death.
I was using Tshock too, so that narrows the culprit down pretty definitively, I'd say. We didn't use the /pumpkin command or any spawn altering commands though.
We were so fed up with the game by the end of it, until we turned on godmode and sat there slaying dozens of pumpkings and finally realizing "okay there is something wrong here besides just a lack of balance".

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Also I want that spider pet.

The spider pet is pretty creepy. I keep trying to kill it accidentally. It is well designed, though, if you're in a place with walls it'll crawl along them instead of going on the ground. Not that that helps the creepy factor at all.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't know man, I'm kind of loving my pumpkin friend. I actually said aloud "oh, hi pumpkin friend!" when I found him.

I just found him and I am having a really hard time deciding which I want now. Pumpkin friend is just too chill, but the black kitty flies around on a broom stick and has a witch hat.

With all these cool pets I wish there was a mod that just let you summon all of them simultaneously. Have an animal parade everywhere you go.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bitchin, I got the crafting reagent for the Spooky Wings from a Mourning Wood. :woop:

And holy poo poo that event is rough. Fun, but rough. I may think about making a trapped arena for it.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Bitchin, I got the crafting reagent for the Spooky Wings from a Mourning Wood. :woop:

And holy poo poo that event is rough. Fun, but rough. I may think about making a trapped arena for it.

The best way to go about it might be to make 2 walls with a rope in between. Line the walls with traps on the outside that can deal with all the ground-based stuff. Then you just have to deal with the Pumpkings. Most of their attacks can be avoided by gliding up/down a rope.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
You can obliterate most waves of the event by building a wooden platform above a shallow pit with tiny amount of lava in it. Everything but the mourning woods and pumpkings just dies underneath you while you run backwards and forwards shooting at evil tree monsters.

Seizureman
Dec 27, 2009

FABULOUS
I just pulled a blindfold and megaphone from the same mummy. Wow.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
This is starting to get annoying. According to the wiki the pygmy staff has a 25% chance of dropping. I've killed Plantera enough to get every drop it has multiple times including its dumb trophy twice and yet still no staff. I'm not sure if just adding it to my inventory via tedit will properly trigger the witch doctor to sell his extra items, though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Seizureman posted:

I just pulled a blindfold and megaphone from the same mummy. Wow.

Megaphone seems to be a bugged drop and has a chance to happen whenever you get any other status-blocking item.

v Chlorophite, you need at least Hallowed-tier equipment to mine it and get Hallow components from Hard Mode bosses.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 26, 2013

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I tried looking at the wiki but couldn't find an answer: what are the glowing green bricks in the jungle that I can't break with an adamantite pickaxe?

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 26, 2013

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

I tried looking at the wiki but couldn't find an answer: what are the glowing green bricks in the jungle that I can't break with an adamantite hammer?

Chlorophyte, you need a hallowed drill or better I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

The White Dragon posted:

Megaphone seems to be a bugged drop and has a chance to happen whenever you get any other status-blocking item.

More than one person has spotted weird double drops like that. Seems like if there's more than one thing on a loot table it'll glitch and drop two instead of one. For me it was the grabber vines in the pre hardmode jungle and the ancient cobalt armor. Got the boots and hat from the same vine like four times or so.

• Locked thread