Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
So I've got 18 Modest Rotoms left over from a shiny breeding project I'm looking to unload. Given they're Tuesday only, and Modest seems like a decent enough nature for Rotom, I figured I'd see if goons wanted some instead of just throwing them all to the whims of Wonder Trade. They're all random IVs, haven't gotten to the level of breeding perfects of anything yet. I'm not really looking for anything too specific, but if people have Hidden Ability starters that'd be super cool.

Friend Code's 4425-2870-6958. PM me or something if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I feel bad for passerbys who think they'll destroy my team by using legendaries, it's almost cute. Gonna go ahead and post some codes incase you're bored enough to watch it.

WSNW-WWWW-WWW2-X8XM
4PFW-WWWW-WWW2-X82C

and one where nidoking almost sweeps an entire team
ADAW-WWWW-WWW2-X82P

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

Is there any way to determine what size a pumpkaboo is other than just trying to remember how big they are in comparison to others you just saw? I need a super-pumpkaboo for team-building reasons and I'm just wondering if there's an easier way.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Karnegal posted:

I'm clearing out a box of breeding extras. I have a bunch of 5 perfect IV Timid Gastlys, 5 Perfect IV Adamant Charmanders, and a couple 4-5 perfect IV female Charmanders. I'd love some other 4-5 Perfect IV duds, but realistically, I'm just going to release these in a couple hours, so if you want something for free PM me.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So I've got 18 Modest Rotoms left over from a shiny breeding project I'm looking to unload. Given they're Tuesday only, and Modest seems like a decent enough nature for Rotom, I figured I'd see if goons wanted some instead of just throwing them all to the whims of Wonder Trade. They're all random IVs, haven't gotten to the level of breeding perfects of anything yet. I'm not really looking for anything too specific, but if people have Hidden Ability starters that'd be super cool.

Friend Code's 4425-2870-6958. PM me or something if you're interested.

I PM'd both you my info, but just in case here it is again. My FC is 1822-0006-3279. All I have is crap nature random IV Larvitars though.

e: Thanks for the Rotom Ryuu, love this little guy.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 26, 2013

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Togekiss better be worth those 200 BP's :unsmith:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Unbound posted:

I PM'd both you my info, but just in case here it is again. My FC is 1822-0006-3279. All I have is crap nature random IV Larvitars though.

e: Thanks for the Rotom Ryuu, love this little guy.

No problem. He's pretty cute, and seems like pretty good coverage. Appreciate the Larvitar too, I'm on X but was wanting to grab one eventually.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I traded a level 1 noibat and got a level 70 Japanese Zygarde from wonder trade.

I've been too distracted by breeding to do the elite 4, but it looks like I can now steamroll through everything.

raito
Sep 13, 2012
Is is true that females can pass on egg moves to children? I know this wasn't the case in older games, but I've heard it's true in X/Y

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

If I wanted to breed an Adamant Technician Breloom, it would be impossible to do so via Ditto unless I *already* had a Technician Breloom and Adamant Ditto, right? And how would I insure I got perfect/good IVs from this coupling?

Also, I'm EV training up an Adamant Mamoswine right now, and Smogon says to max out his Attack EVs which I understand, but it also recommends maxing out his Speed. Does this make any sense? Isn't the chance of Mamoswine outspeeding any Pokemon relatively low? Isn't it pointless to invest in when he has an Ice STAB priority move?

I'm so confused in many ways about Pokemon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

raito posted:

Is is true that females can pass on egg moves to children? I know this wasn't the case in older games, but I've heard it's true in X/Y

http://serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
So has anyone found a Thick Club? On serebii they're not listed as being found on wild cubones, and I haven't been able to find one after catching a couple dozen Cubones (all lovingly named SadOrphan).

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Does this make any sense? Isn't the chance of Mamoswine outspeeding any Pokemon relatively low? Isn't it pointless to invest in when he has an Ice STAB priority move?
You don't want to be outsped by anything in a speed bracket below or equal to yours, which is why you max Speed. Priority is not going to be your STAB bread-and-butter - it's to finish off weak foes before they do anything.

nutranurse posted:

So has anyone found a Thick Club? On serebii they're not listed as being found on wild cubones, and I haven't been able to find one after catching a couple dozen Cubones (all lovingly named SadOrphan).
Are you leading with a Compound Eyes haver? That'll boost the chances of finding a held item. Also, use Thief rather than catching, it's faster.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
WHat's a good EV spread for Klefki? HP is a no-brainer, but should the rest go in Speed or a Defense-stat?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

nutranurse posted:

I got lucky and stole a Thick Club once in Glittering Cave but I traded that away on a Luvdisc I found on Wonder Trade called "SpreadtheLuv" :v:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Loudred has a butthole. :catstare:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
One of my favorite improvements of this gen is that they've finally made EVs something that non-crazy people can take advantage of. One of the big things that kept me from ever trying to play Pokemon competitively was that the EV system just looked miserably grindy (like, even for Pokemon). Now there are enough shortcuts to it that I actually might be willing to take my team online this time around.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

nutranurse posted:

I think they only have a 5% chance of having one. It took me a long time as well, but eventually you'll find one. Use Thief and apparently Compoundeyes to help (Vivillion has Compoundeyes, don't know if it can learn Thief).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Audio In

horriblePencilist posted:

WHat's a good EV spread for Klefki? HP is a no-brainer, but should the rest go in Speed or a Defense-stat?

No Speed. There's only 3 other pranksters (AKA the only things you should be worried about not outspeeding) you'll normally face, Whimsicott Sableye and Mega-Banette. No one in their right mind puts speed EV's into the latter 2 (Base 50 and 75 compared to your Klefki's base 76) so you should be fine and no amount of Speed EV's will let you outspeed Whimsicott (Most people put some EVs into speed on her to let her get ahead of poo poo with U-turn or the like. Whimsicott has base 116 Speed.)

You're better off putting in a Defensive stat.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Nuzleaf has nipples.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Doc V posted:

Nuzleaf has nipples.

Female Wobbufett have Lipstick.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

JoltSpree posted:

Is there any way to determine what size a pumpkaboo is other than just trying to remember how big they are in comparison to others you just saw? I need a super-pumpkaboo for team-building reasons and I'm just wondering if there's an easier way.

Super Pumpkaboo makes a noticeably different sound. Just keep your volume up, shouldn't be hard to miss.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I want to use a Ludiculo for ingame and also to try out a doubles combo with my Dry Skin Heliolisk. Which ability is better?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Shear Modulus posted:

I want to use a Ludiculo for ingame and also to try out a doubles combo with my Dry Skin Heliolisk. Which ability is better?

I really like to use Ludicolo, Toxicroak and Heliolisk in doubles, and it's an amazing combination. As for your question, Rain Dish is Dry Skin without the downside of losing health during sunshine. If you want, I have a couple Rain Dish Lotads with Leech Seed and Giga Drain I could spare; combine them with Leftovers and you have an unstoppable healing force.

Edit: I forgot one thing: Dry Skin is Rain Dish with Water Absorb combined. Whenever you get hit with a water attack, you heal a quarter of your health. Give Ludicolo surf and he's a sweeper, tank and cleric at the same time.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 26, 2013

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
Could anyone suggest some fun Pokemon that go well with Azumarill and Galvantula? Those two seem to work well together in both singles and doubles, but I don't know what else to use with them.

Since those two are pretty modest choices, I am open to rounding out the team with cheap-rear end Dragons and the like.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Huge Liability posted:

Could anyone suggest some fun Pokemon that go well with Azumarill and Galvantula? Those two seem to work well together in both singles and doubles, but I don't know what else to use with them.

Since those two are pretty modest choices, I am open to rounding out the team with cheap-rear end Dragons and the like.

From a type coverage standpoint, Skarmory might be good. He resist Steel, flying and grass, is immune to ground and poison and I bet spikes, sticky web and whirlwind will make an infuriating combination.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 26, 2013

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just wonder traded a bred Charmander for a Chespin. I dunno, I think it's a sweet coincidence, trading starter Pokémon like that v:shobon:v

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Calaveron posted:

I just wonder traded a bred Charmander for a Chespin. I dunno, I think it's a sweet coincidence, trading starter Pokémon like that v:shobon:v

I'm curious as to how the "wondertrade metagame" will evolve over the following year. There's definitely always going to be those scumbags and newcomers who trade bunnelyby and the elemental monkeys, but I bet we'll see a lot more mons with perfect IVs.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
God this game seems deliberately designed to appeal to humanity's compulsive gambling instincts is so many ways. All these breeding projects and random trades.

Let's hope Game Freak doesn't start selling DLCs or "booster packs."

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

This resulted in me visualizing the Dalai Lama in ladder shades plugging his mic into a Loudred's rear end, so... uh, thanks.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Combusken has is a...well...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Feranon posted:

This resulted in me visualizing the Dalai Lama in ladder shades plugging his mic into a Loudred's rear end, so... uh, thanks.

Just droppin some truth on you, man.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just found out about Mock battles. This game, I tells ya.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I really like to use Ludicolo, Toxicroak and Heliolisk in doubles, and it's an amazing combination. As for your question, Rain Dish is Dry Skin without the downside of losing health during sunshine. If you want, I have a couple Rain Dish Lotads with Leech Seed and Giga Drain I could spare; combine them with Leftovers and you have an unstoppable healing force.

Edit: I forgot one thing: Dry Skin is Rain Dish with Water Absorb combined. Whenever you get hit with a water attack, you heal a quarter of your health. Give Ludicolo surf and he's a sweeper, tank and cleric at the same time.

That would be great. My FC is 1306-5714-4215. I guess gender/nature don't matter because I can just rebreed and keep the egg moves, right? I haven't finished the game yet so I don't have much cool stuff to offer in return, maybe a Jolly Rock Blast Shellder w/ Skill Link if that's your jam?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

I just found out about Mock battles. This game, I tells ya.

Have you done an Inverse Battle yet?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cernunnos posted:

Have you done an Inverse Battle yet?

My favourite dick move in this entire game is the Inverse Battle guy leading with a Shedinja.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

I'm curious as to how the "wondertrade metagame" will evolve over the following year. There's definitely always going to be those scumbags and newcomers who trade bunnelyby and the elemental monkeys, but I bet we'll see a lot more mons with perfect IVs.

At the end of a long chain of breeding for certain IVs I trade away my not-optimal-but-still-decent 'mons that I've accumulated. If I could consistently breed pokemon with 4-5 perfect IVs I'd totally wondertrade a bunch of them away.

Magna
Sep 3, 2007
I received a Japanese Brave Honedge with 3 perfect IVs through wonder trade.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Shear Modulus posted:

That would be great. My FC is 1306-5714-4215. I guess gender/nature don't matter because I can just rebreed and keep the egg moves, right? I haven't finished the game yet so I don't have much cool stuff to offer in return, maybe a Jolly Rock Blast Shellder w/ Skill Link if that's your jam?

I'll give you a male, so you're guaranteed to pass egg moves. I think there's only a chance with females. That Shellder sounds perfectly alright, by the way.

My FC is 2406-5135-4070, IGN Serena.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010

From a type coverage standpoint, Skarmory might be good. He resist Steel, flying and grass, is immune to ground and poison and I bet spikes, sticky web and whirlwind will make an infuriating combination.

Cool, thanks. I like Skarmory. It was one of the first Gen 2 Pokemon I learned about, from a preview CD-ROM that came with some Pokemon product.

How do I get Sticky Web onto a Galvantula? Neither Serebii nor Bulbapedia lists Galvantula as something that can use Sticky Web, though my smogon nerd friend has been talking up Galvantula as "the strongest carrier of Sticky Web" for two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

I'll give you a male, so you're guaranteed to pass egg moves. I think there's only a chance with females. That Shellder sounds perfectly alright, by the way.

My FC is 2406-5135-4070, IGN Serena.

Do you happen to have anymore of those and a disposition to charity? Because I can't offer much but I would love one of those guys :shobon:

FC: 4785-5447-6225
IGN: Sarah
pasting in case you're cool with it.

Edit: I have a Tyrouge and Gligar with immunity, but I haven't had the chance to breed them. And some decent IV'd magic bounce Xatus and Inkays with contrary from a friend safari.
I guess that's the best I can offer.

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 26, 2013

• Locked thread