Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I think "9 + 9 = box, which is where the cat goes" might have been the funniest line of the season for me, or even of the past few seasons, or even... of the whole show??? Maybe I shouldn't make such a bold claim, but the absurdity of the line plus Charlie's absolutely spot on delivery plus the timing of the joke itself just made it perfect. It's crazy how good this show still is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Barf Wight posted:

He was trying to get off

Flaccid. Erect. Flaccid. Erect.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Oh crap... Charlie's invention let's a Spydar and Cat communicate....

Like a human and a Kaiju!

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Not sure how I missed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inq4d6SW6E8

Dennis is channeling some kind of creepy Zoolander vibes there...

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mortanis posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't catch it at the time but he basically made an idiot's version of the device his character made in Pacific Rim. Even the other scientist was in the episode.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Was rewatching The Aluminum Monster vs. Fatty McGoo and in the sweatshop, Frank is sticking his arm into one of those torso things for dresses :haw:

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
This episode really just represents why Charlie Day is hilarious. From his ridiculous accent to the sheer way he tries to be smart while still being...what ever is going on in Charlie's mind. The invention at the end had me laughing from his seriosness and the sheer absurdity of it.

Though it makes me wish it was real. Im sure the world would be a better place if cats could talk to spiders spydars.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kefkafloyd posted:

Cue the "Frank is Charlie's father" speculation again. :v:

I'm pretty sure its not speculation and was directly stated by the show.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

ChairMaster posted:

They only got hyper-stupid after they started huffing gas for like an hour. She wasn't originally holding onto the trap, this is how it went:

- Dee sticks her hand into the hole, gets hand stuck on trap
- They go get the gasoline to pour on the trap to get her unstuck, but they all huff it for like an hour and lose their minds
- Eventually they pour it onto the trap but at that point Dee is too dumb to let go of it and they say gently caress it and put on cartoons.

Ah, that makes sense.

Ariza posted:

What was there besides the holding on to the trap gag? It's weird that this was the GoT writers episode. I definitely would not have picked up on that if someone didn't mention it.

The holding onto the trap thing, the electrified cheese at the start was the same as Bart trying to grab an electrified cupcake.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mortanis posted:

"You must help! Charlie built a box out of garbage and is trying to communicate with a spydar!"

Does anyone know what the next episode is? There's not many left this season, I think.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does anyone know what the next episode is? There's not many left this season, I think.

2 more left. Next episode: Lethal Weapon 6

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

I'm pretty sure its not speculation and was directly stated by the show.

It was heavily implied to the point where they may as well have just said "Frank is Charlie's dad," but they never actually 100% confirm it. It's definitely more than just speculation though.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Irish Joe posted:

2 more left. Next episode: Lethal Weapon 6

Oh god yes.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It depends on who you think is more trustworthy between Frank and Charlie's mom. Not the best candidates for trustworthiness, really.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
It's not really a matter of trust. Both stories check out. Frank claims they had an abortion, and Charlie's mom conforms it and says he survived.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

romanowski posted:

It was heavily implied to the point where they may as well have just said "Frank is Charlie's dad," but they never actually 100% confirm it. It's definitely more than just speculation though.

Frank is definitely Charlie's dad. His mom had an abortion, but it didn't take.

Of course, she's also a huge whore, so there is a chance it could have been any number of guys...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I don't know about you guys, but I have a feeling there's gonna be a huge market for cat and spydar communication machines.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I have a feeling there's gonna be a huge market for cat and spydar communication machines.

It will change everything. For the better? One hopes.

sleepy gary fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 26, 2013

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
What's the holdup getting Season 8 on Netflix?

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Rewatching random eps from season 8 I don't care how many times I see it every single time Dee gags is loving hilarious.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

DNova posted:

It will change everything. For the better? One hopes.

hahaha that loving wicker wheelchair, it could've been any wheelchair but he just had to get a wicker wheelchair and a blanket like when Mac and Dennis pretended to have polio. I'm cracking up just looking at that gif.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

OdorousTobacco posted:

What's the holdup getting Season 8 on Netflix?

Good question. I was always told it wouldn't appear until it's dvd release date but that was over a month ago now so no clue.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Barf Wight posted:

...like when Mac and Dennis pretended to have polio...

What episode was that? I don't remember that at all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
First episode of season 2, "Charlie Gets Crippled". Danny DeVito's first episode!

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right

ChesterJT posted:

Good question. I was always told it wouldn't appear until it's dvd release date but that was over a month ago now so no clue.

Especially considering the League was up on Netflix before their season premiere.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Nate RFB posted:

First episode of season 2, "Charlie Gets Crippled". Danny DeVito's first episode!

It also has the best line in the who show:

"VIET-GODDAM-NAM IS WHAT HAPPENED!"

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

There's so many good lines that I will remember randomly, I don't think I could ever pick a favorite.

Although one that's near and dear to my heart is "....so what's your bean situation?"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
For me it's Charlie's dream book when he spots the Denim chicken, which is ridiculous enough on it's own, but his delivery when he asks hopefully "...Denim chicken?" is amazing.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I definitely remember that.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Wrong, bozos. The best line in the show is from "Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire"

"Oh, I forgot to put the tape in! I FORGOT TO PUTARGHWAHRSLRJDKL!"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
"Charlie, you stole from me. This shows initiative. I am promoting you!" is basically the show's thesis statement.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You can't not quote the second part of the line ("Get me a beer, bitch!").

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

ChesterJT posted:

For me it's Charlie's dream book when he spots the Denim chicken, which is ridiculous enough on it's own, but his delivery when he asks hopefully "...Denim chicken?" is amazing.

Did you actually find a bird with teeth in this fashion? Okay, but good glue work!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I think my favorite running gag that somehow still gets me every time is when they tell someone, usually Charlie, something ridiculous "We want you to become an underground streetfigher." and they react first with a appropriate "What?" and then immedietly follows it up with "That is BRILLIANT!".

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
"Ahhhhhh, cat in the wall, huh?" is the best line reading in the show.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

armoredgorilla posted:

"Ahhhhhh, cat in the wall, huh?" is the best line reading in the show.

it's either this, or Frank's "your mother was a giant who-are."

That's the best I can do for a phonetic spelling of the way Frank says "whore."

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

For some reason I've always spelled it HUER. All caps required.

Charlie's "what aaaare yooooou?" to the calculator is also an all-time classic, made better by the fact it was a legit ad lib.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

My whoooooooooore wife. At least that's how I hear it when he drags the word out.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Block the wind, I'm going to roast this bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squeegee
Jul 22, 2001

Bright as the sun.
I don't know how many years on this earth I got left... I'm gonna get real weird with it.