Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

What are you doing human?

Fake edit: wow that pic is huge

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir

StandardVC10 posted:

Just want to say Toast is a great name for a cat. :3:

Thank you :3: He was found as a Dumpster kitty, and he went to the vet for a checkup in a toaster oven box as an emergency cat carrier. The name just sort of stuck. He still uses that box as a hiding spot.

This is Toast fresh from the Dumpster, about 6 weeks old:

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012
Just got my first cat. Think I'll name him soot.

Little grumpy from being picked up

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

aghastly posted:

Thank you :3: He was found as a Dumpster kitty, and he went to the vet for a checkup in a toaster oven box as an emergency cat carrier. The name just sort of stuck. He still uses that box as a hiding spot.

This is Toast fresh from the Dumpster, about 6 weeks old:

Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing I have read all day. Especially the bit where he still uses the box as a hiding spot. Also his picture. Ugh I can't handle it there's too much :3:

Here's my kitties, thread (lovely camera alert).

This is Malachi helping me with a knitting project. He's a snugglebug and spends most of his time sleeping on my bed. He's all black except for a little white bit on right below his neck (priest collar!) and on his belly.

Leo, who we got a about year after Malachi. He's a gigantic doofus who opens doors with his face and will start purring if you even look at him.

And our newest kitty, Buttercup, who we got earlier this year from my Aunt when her young son turned out to be allergic. She's the most delicate cat I've ever had and will complain if you pick her up. And by complain I mean make teeny tiny ridiculously cute squeaky noises, so I just can't help myself.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

DixielandDelight posted:

Are you sure about the name or can we suggest alternatives

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

DixielandDelight posted:

You're goin' to have a big boy there! That first pic makes his feet look gigantic.

and, I like soot. Besides the obvious reasons it also reminds me of the soot sprites from Totoro.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

I put my pants on one cat at a time, just like everyone else

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Are you sure about the name or can we suggest alternatives

Shoot for the stars

squeee posted:

You're goin' to have a big boy there! That first pic makes his feet look gigantic.

and, I like soot. Besides the obvious reasons it also reminds me of the soot sprites from Totoro.

Definitely. He's only five or six months old too!

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Syd being a derp in the garden.

Shnubert resting on a comfy armchair. He is an old man.

Doing cat drugs

Skeeter being a rug hotdog

Marge in the wild. She is an indoor cat now.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

DixielandDelight posted:

Shoot for the stars

Definitely. He's only five or six months old too!

Soot is an okay name. But some other name suggestions for a cat of his stature include sinister, buzz, Magnus, cosmos, Bernie, boo, Brewster, comet, Vladimir (vlad), Nikita, vader, batman, Bruce Wayne, Otto, Siegfried, vortex, Nicola tesla, danger, lothar, whiplash, Donnie, and neutron

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Funny, this picture showed up in my wife's Facebook feed earlier today.

Anyways, cat in a box:

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Nascardad posted:

Marge in the wild. She is an indoor cat now.

How did she adapt to being an outside cat and becoming an indoor cat? My cat Sunni who I've had since he was a baby, bottle fed and all, lived the life as a outdoor cat in the woods. When I left my dads house for my own place I decided to leave him behind because he wouldn't be able to hang outside in the new area I was moving too. Anywho my dad is moving in about 2 years so I'll get Sunni back into my life, I just hope it's not a big deal for him and he enjoys it. He's about 4 years old now.

Bippie Mishap
Oct 12, 2012

I have six cats in my house who lived outside, four of them I know were born outside and one trapped where I work. The last one lived at a barn for a year and failed being a barn cat. My house is three stories with nine bedrooms and I have four large cat trees plus many cat beds and sleeping nooks. The cats never try to get out (we have three doors). I leave windows open on the third floor for them all year if possible. We also have a lot of bird feeders and 18 windows they can look out of on the first floor alone. If you try to make your cat happy he will probably be ok living in a house. If I didn't have the luxury of this big house I'd buy a few of those window outdoor cat boxes so they'd be able to kinda be outdoors whenever they wanted.

I'm trying to figure out how to get our side porch screened-in so they can go out there too. Sigh.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010
My parents cats:

My parents have had them for about a year now and they both came from the local shelter. The first cat is named Spitfire and he was in some kind of accident at some point which left him with a shorter, stubby tail and messed with his back legs. He can't really jump straight up very well, but can still leap across 4ft gaps without much effort. The other one is a skinny all-black cat named Dracula, who is probably the most energetic cat my parents have ever had. Most pictures of him end up as a blur.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Dontlookdontlookdontlook dont loooooook (at me) :v:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why tigers are scary as hell, in gif form.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry, all I see is an adorable kitty cat that was super excited to have some food.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Burkion posted:

I'm sorry, all I see is an adorable kitty cat that was super excited to have some food.

Imagine that running at you when you're the food.

Here is Jess. I've had her a year today

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Hmmmm...I did NOT think this through.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Burkion posted:

You haven't seen OTHER tiger gifs, then. I don't have a copy of it but there was an image a while back floating around (years ago, it may not even exist) of a couple dudes in India riding an elephant through a field. It looks like a calm, sunny day and the guys were just out doing whatever it is they do in this nice, lovely field. Then a tiger with no warning whatsoever comes shooting out of the grass and lands right on the elephant's head.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Angrymog posted:

As long as I got to pet it before being mauled to death I'd die happy.

garanzia
Jun 8, 2004
Cliched as it may be, I can't think of a title. OH SHI

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Clearly an excited kitty who wants hugs.

Adorable.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You haven't seen OTHER tiger gifs, then. I don't have a copy of it but there was an image a while back floating around (years ago, it may not even exist) of a couple dudes in India riding an elephant through a field. It looks like a calm, sunny day and the guys were just out doing whatever it is they do in this nice, lovely field. Then a tiger with no warning whatsoever comes shooting out of the grass and lands right on the elephant's head.

I remember someone in another thread saying they had actually just taken or killed that tiger's cub and that's why she attacked them :(

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Bippie Mishap posted:

I have six cats in my house who lived outside, four of them I know were born outside and one trapped where I work. The last one lived at a barn for a year and failed being a barn cat. My house is three stories with nine bedrooms and I have four large cat trees plus many cat beds and sleeping nooks. The cats never try to get out (we have three doors). I leave windows open on the third floor for them all year if possible. We also have a lot of bird feeders and 18 windows they can look out of on the first floor alone. If you try to make your cat happy he will probably be ok living in a house. If I didn't have the luxury of this big house I'd buy a few of those window outdoor cat boxes so they'd be able to kinda be outdoors whenever they wanted.

I'm trying to figure out how to get our side porch screened-in so they can go out there too. Sigh.

drat, that is like indoor kitty paradise. Btw your house must be freaking huge!

Also thanks for the idea of the window cat boxes, I've never heard of that but after checking it out it seems super awesome!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

parque bynch posted:

As long as I got to pet it before being mauled to death I'd die happy.

Then you should check out this tiger preserve in Thailand:

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Oct 28, 2013

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I paid about 80 cents to bottle feed a white tiger cub in Thailand. Made for pretty cool pics

Kitty feeding!

Dr. Fraiser Chain has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Oct 28, 2013

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

Pictured: My cat and some goon.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

^- what a cutie :3: (by which I mean both the dude and the cat, har har)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Angrymog posted:

Here is Jess. I've had her a year today

Tuxedo kitties named Jess are the best kitties (I also have a tuxedo kitty called Jess :3: )

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Tulip Candy posted:

Tuxedo kitties named Jess are the best kitties (I also have a tuxedo kitty called Jess :3: )

As often as this seems to happen in this thread, either God needs to up the creativity in cat styling, or Goons need to up the creativity in cat naming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Tulip Candy posted:

Postin' goon Postin' goon
Postin' goon and their black and white cat.

:britain: